Toe Loop - 5

Edges and Toe Picks

A/N: Hi guys! Another update for all of you. I know some of you thought it was JessBer, sorry hehe. For those who are waiting for a YulSic in my story, you got your wish guys although they will be appearing again later on. We got to focus first on the main pair. 😉

Subscribe, comment, holler! Violent reactions are also taken consider hehehe 😁

---------

 

 

Krystal's POV

 

It has been a week since we arrived here in Seoul. Like what unnie said that night, she got us new phones first thing in the morning then we had breakfast at a nearby cafe. Then we did some grocery shopping and unboxed our things that she shipped from Canada.


Our medals and trophies, we placed it upstairs in the den room making a temporary altar there with Mom's picture. All of it was for her, because she's the one who taught us and motivated us to do better and give our best.


On the second day I met up with my best friend Jinri or Sulli as she what is using today. I prefer to call her Jinri because I like her name. I e-mailed her days before we flew to Korea and she replied that we should meet once unnie and I are settled.

 

120616_0939_HakrimCoffe3.jpg


We were the noisiest girls in the café when we met again. Imagine 5 years of not seeing each other, just swapping of e-mails! She said watching the news and the media following me when I was training is enough for her to be updated about me.


She's now working as a medical representative for a famous international brand of medicines. Jinri said it was hard at first but when she got used to the job and made friends with the doctors it was easy. She's the top MedRep (that's what she calls her job) in her company that's why they gave her a car.


"There was this cute doctor that I knew on the hospital Soojung-ah, I was like all smiles and act like a lady in front of him. We went out a couple of times and I really thought he likes me." She said while playing with her straw pouting at me.


"So, what happened? Are you together now?"


"No. The bastard was just doing it because he's making his boyfriend jealous." I choked on what she said and burst out laughing. She threw a tissue ball at me annoyed.


"What!?"


She sighed and continued to bite her straw. "Yeah.. He actually confessed it to me when we are having dinner one time because he feels bad doing it. Then we talked about their problems and I even gave an advice. The heck! Turns out his boyfriend was tables away from us spying."


"Awww... Jinri-ah.. " I pouted at her making cute eyes. It was hilarious I was just controlling myself not to laugh. It was always like that ever since we were in High School. It's either the guy she is interested on is making his girlfriend jealous or the guy is a closeted gay. And it always ends up with her giving advices.


"They are getting married next month and they invited me to their wedding. Fudge. Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against their kind I love them. It's just that, why is it always me!?" This baby giant exaggeratedly pounded her chest and wailed. This is embarrassing tsk tsk..


"Yah! Jinri-ah! Stop that... It's embarrassing!" I hissed at her and threw a piece of fries on her. She picked it up and shoved in . Still the same Jinri I know.


Diners are now looking in our direction and I saw some of them recognized me. I just bowed at them and smiled while they wave at me. Talk about being featured in the news and my fall being plastered in every newspapers in the country.


A kid went to our table looking shy. I nudged Jinri to sit properly and when she saw the kid she fixed herself smiling. How cute this kid is with her toothy shy smile. She's holding a crayon and her drawing book.


"Hi little girl, how can I help you?" I asked her while patting her head.


"Are you Krystal unnie, the ice skater?"


"Ne, I am."


She gave me her drawing book and smiled "Can I have your autograph please? You are my idol unnie!"


It made my heart warm hearing it from a kid. I took her crayon and flipped her drawing book. It has various drawings there of a little girl playing under a tree, a stick drawing of her family, and a girl skating (atleast that's what it looks like). I envy this kid for having a normal childhood.


"What's your name baby?" Her eyes shone like a diamond smiling at me. "My name is Yeri unnie!"


"You have a very cute name Yeri!" Jinri said patting her head. "And you are pretty too unnie! You look like a giant!" I grinned at what she said to my friend while I sign her book. Jinri was clenching her teeth while smiling and patting little Yeri's head.


"Yeri-ah, always be a good girl and listen to your parents okay? Follow your dreams baby!" She hugged me tight and kissed my cheeks cutely.


"Thank you Krystal unnie! I will ask mama to frame this for me! Fighting unnie! I hope your knee gets better fast because I miss watching you skating. I love you unnie!" She made a heart sign at me then ran to her smiling parents bowing at me with gratitude.


Her family.. they look so happy and contented. The little girl is really something, she's cute and smart. I hope someday I'll have a family of my own just like that, happy and contented.


"Yah Soojung! By the way, do you want to accompany me to Jeju next week? I have a 2 day convention in Lotte Hotel. We can fly a day early and explore the island! It's all expense paid and a room is already reserved for me."


I looked at her incredulously and back at my crutches "Are you crazy! Look at my knees! How can I tour the island using my crutches! Unless you're going to carry me in your back that's fine." I sniggered at her.


And I also have to meet the therapist that unnie said who can help me. We scheduled the visit tomorrow in her clinic and I'm looking forward to it.


My friend pouted at me like a kid clasping her hands together like asking for a miracle. Tsss. ”Please Soojung-ah... For me? We can spend time together and have fun. I'll help you with your crutches or if you want we can hire someone from the hotel to carry you hehehe... And! You owe me 5 years, remember?"


"This is blackmail."


"Be a good friend Jung Soojung!" Sigh. How can I say no to this giant! She's right, I owe her 5 years of friendship and this is the only time she asked for a favor. I think I have to ask unnie's permission when I get back home.


"Okay, okay!. I'll go with you. But promise me! I want Netflix in the hotel room since you'll be busy for 2 days. The first day will be our tour day, arasso?" I raised my eyebrows at her drumming my fingers in the table. That's the only thing I can do in Jeju if I'm alone, I can't possibly roam around dragging my legs.


I badly wanted to stand straight again and run, go to places.


She raised her pinky finger to me and we made a pinky promise. "Consider it done, Soojung-ah!" We burst out laughing making pinky promises like kids. I really miss this girl.


"Oh, Soojung-ah..." She called me while I sipped on my Iced Latte. "Can I have your autograph too Krystal unnie? Pretty please?!!" All I can do is throw french fries at her face and chuckle.

 

---------------

 


I asked for unnie's permission that night and she was having second thoughts. She said we need to meet the therapist first before she decides. I was pouting at her trying to persuade her but she's really firm on her words.


My therapist' name was Luna. She's nice and easy to talk to, she has this energy in her that gets into you. Luna is really sweet and all smiles. You wouldn't believe beneath that short body of hers is a monster when she's in her therapist mode.


Not in a bad way but in a good way though. She is a good motivator and she will bring out the best in you. First day of meeting and we already had a session. She already had my medical record and progress report because unnie already e-mailed it to her weeks ago that's why she already have a plan laid out for me.


We started with light aerobics and some walking exercises to help further my range-of-motion. I like her already I think we're going to be good friends. I'm feeling good about this therapy especially when she told me that she will help me recover again.


"Don't worry Krystal.." she said while we are in the locker rooms changing "I'll help you get back to your feet again. When I saw you fell that time my heart was crushed Krystal, I can see the pain in your eyes even though it's on TV. I promised myself that if I will be given an opportunity to help you, I will do it gladly. When Jessica called me, I was ecstatic and the moment she sent your records to me I started working on the plan. We can do this Krystal, I know we can." She smiled warmly at me and squeezed my hand lightly. I'm so lucky to meet people like Luna.


"Thanks Luna unnie. This is our first meeting but I already feel comfortable around you. My previous therapist Johnny just do his work and never talks to me or assures me. But you, you have these encouraging words that motivates me. Thank you Luna unnie." She helped me sit on the bench and applied ice on my knees to sooth it since I used it today.


"That's what I do Krystal and you really need a lot of motivation girl. I'm here to give that to you, I'll also introduce you to my friends so you can hang out with us. Don't lock yourself in your room all day, you have to go out once in a while and enjoy life. Always remember that this injury is just momentary. It shouldn't make you feel worthless."


She's right, I need to go out and smell the roses. Ever since the surgery and recovery period I rarely go out unless it's going to the hospital. I just locked myself in my room binge watching on Netflix. Maybe Jeju is not a bad idea...


"Unnie, I know we have another session the day after tomorrow. Can I ask for a favor?" I asked her smiling widely biting my lips.


"Sure! What is it?"


"Ummm... My friend asked me to accompany her in Jeju this weekend. Jessi said she will say yes if you will give me a clearance." Use your cute pout Krystal come on!


She laugh at me and chuckled at my pouting "Aigoo... You take my motivations fast huh. Fine, I'll tell Jessica that it's okay for you to go. Just attend our session after your trip so we can check your knee. Don't over exert your knee and put ice to it when you feel like it hurts. You have my number so just call me if you have any emergency, arasso?"


"Arasso~.. thank you Luna unnie!"

 

 

 

3457_5474_4616.jpg


"Welcome to Jeju-do! Waaah! Fresh air!"


Oh yeah Jinri just continue on doing that.


We were the last ones to get out of the plane because I don't want to bother the other passengers due to my slowness. As my friend jumped from the last step of the platform of the plane, she spread her arms wide and tilted her face basking in the glory of the shining sun.


A guy crew of the plane helped me with my hand carry and offering me to tour us in the island. His name was Suho based on his name plate. He's cute but I just don't feel the zing in him.. That's why I shook my head kindly at him and smiled saying thank you.


"Hey Choi Jinri! Stop that creepy thing you're doing and let's get to the hotel. I need to put cold compress on my knee before we head out." I wore my sunglass and baseball cap over my long hair. The crew graciously called for a golf cart to transfer us to the main building of the airport and I'm very thankful for that. The airport crew also helped us get our luggage bringing it to the hotel van waiting for us.


Sometimes, popularity isn't  that bad. Hehehe... I got to have these kind of perks once in a while, of course using it in a good way.


Once in the hotel, they upgraded our room into a Suite when they saw me with Jinri. I told the hotel Manager it's not necessary because we don't need a big room but they insist, saying it's a privilege to have me there and the upgrade is courtesy of the hotel. I was really embarrassed and just said thank you to them, even obliged for a photo op with the Manager and the staff. I took off my baseball cap and sunglass and I heard gasps from some guests and staffs.


Why? Do I have something on my face?


Is my outfit inappropriate? I was just wearing a denim short and white V-neck t-shirt with the front tuck loosely, paired with my sneakers. Or maybe they are looking at my accessory: my knee brace.


They assisted us to our room and even gave us some welcome fruits and a bottle of champagne in the room compliments of the hotel. Jinri's smile is so wide I wanna stuff some banana in there.

 

1756723_image2_1.jpg


"Soojung-ah, remind me to ask you to come with me everytime I have an out of town convention. This is the first time I'm gonna stay in this kind of room! Most of the time they put us in those crappy standard rooms with no view. But this!" I stood with her in the balcony of our hotel suite looking at the view of the sea.


It was so beautiful... So calm and relaxing. Given a chance, I would like to live in a place like this. With a beautiful view of the sea when I wake up in the morning. With....


"Now I know why honeymooners love Jeju-do... It's so perfect here Soojung-ah!"


"Is that why they gave us a honeymoon suite!? Do we look like honeymooners!? Crap!" I jokingly earning a pinch on my arms.


We laughed out loud and enjoyed the view before us. "The hotel offered a tour for us Soojung-ah and i told them we can only go to places appropriate for you now. We have an hour to rest then we'll meet the concierge down stairs." I nodded at her and smiled. She excused herself telling me she needs to have her beauty sleep making me nudge her with my crutches.


I took a deep breath of the fresh ocean air closing my eyes. Feeling the breeze of the wind in my face... Standing on this balcony will be better if I have someone beside me watching this view...


I smirked bitterly at the thought. Awwww... Soojung.. you poor girl who lacks social skills. Maybe with Jinri now she can help you build up your confidence level on how to socialize. Training did bad on your social skills.. plus a father who scared the fanboys and suitors away.


Already 22 and only had gone to 1 friendly date that ended early because Dad saw you, earning an extra 3 hours on your training as punishment.


Am I ugly? Am I fat? They say I'm pretty, the media says I'm beautiful. Mom said I'm beautiful and she's the only person I believe, but she's not here anymore.


Will I ever meet that one person in this lifetime who will make my entire world flip just by looking on their eyes for the first time?


A feeling of cold breeze embraced me, making me shudder. It's sunny outside but that cold breeze just came out of nowhere. Maybe I need to rest for a while.

 

------------

 

71fa3032_z.jpg

 


On the other side of the island, a good looking androgynous girl was also looking at the view of the ocean like Krystal, feeling the breeze from her room balcony.


Wearing her basketball shorts and white t-shirt, she looks at her favorite view while drinking the tea Grandma made for her. All things had been arranged for their trip to Seoul. They still have 4 days, Grandma won't be joining them because she said she's too old to live in the city. Joey will accompany her in the house while they are gone.


Tia will be joining them too since she and Dani has to attend the welcome party organized by the University. They won't be living in the dorms because Amber's house in Seoul is big enough for them, they will even have separate rooms.


I'll miss this view every morning, she said in her mind. Wouldn't it be better if I watch this view every morning with someone beside me? While I'm sipping my tea and her, sipping her coffee, just basking in the glory of this marvelous creation of the Heavens.


Silly.


You don't even stay with them in the bed until they wake up. How can you watch the sunrise with them if you're that good in sneaking out?


Because I'm that good for them not to notice since they already passed out due to the overwhelming pleasure I gave them.


.


Why is my inner self cursing me?! Am I really that kind of person?


It's just because that I don't believe in those silly love things. I saw how love destroyed Yuri, I had a fair share of love with my gold digging ex, I saw how love didn't work out with my parents leading them to divorce making me and Jackie live together.


If ever that I will fall in love, I want it to be something that I won't regret. I want someone who's willing to be by my side doing this now.


Someone I won't regret waking up to in the morning with a smile on her face.


A cold breeze embraced my whole being making me shudder. That's creepy... It's sunny outside. Maybe a storm is coming. Better clean up now and go to the café to say goodbye.


It's my last Friday in the island. Better make the most out of it tonight.

 

 

-------------