Salchow - 42

Edges and Toe Picks

A/N: Hi chingus! Early update for today! Please welcome our special guest for this chapter! 

About Dani, let's just say that we were all 18 or 19 years old once and meeting someone who makes you feel happy is inevitable. Sometimes we do make mistakes, from that we learn. 

-------

 


Jessica's POV

 


I don't know what to call it... What I'm feeling right now. It's a mixture of nervousness, anxiety, and guilt.


When Dara said yes to what I proposed with Vic I prepared myself to be humiliated. Even though Vic said the girl is a nice person, still, she's hurt by all the cheating her husband did. You'll never know what she can do.


I'm currently waiting for her in a fine dining Italian restaurant that Donghae loves taking me to before. Sipping a little water, I play some past scenarios in my head, when he was being sweet and a gentleman to me while we're together. Promising me forever... Tsk tsk tsk...


Jessica... You let yourself be fooled by that .


Donning a simple outfit of denim skinny pants, black button down shirt that is tuck inside my jeans and a navy blue blazer, a lot of people spare a glance at me admiring my beauty and style. A few recognized me and bowed their heads slightly some even smiled recognizing that it's Jessica Jung the former World Champion figure skater and Krystal Jung's sister.


What if she suddenly slaps me or throw water at me in front of all these people? Maybe I should get a private room so no one can see how Dara will torture me shouting all over Seoul that I'm one of the her husband was fooling.


Ugh! Why didn't I thought about that earlier?!


Aisssh! Jessica!


"Excuse me..." I looked up and there was this petite looking beautiful girl in front of me with a smile on her face. But behind her petite frame is a baby bump that looks to be at its third trimester. "Jessica Jung, isn't it?" I nodded at her and the Maître d helped her to seat.


"Hi, my name is Sandara Park. Donghae told me you are beautiful but he didn't said that you are beyond that." She said to me with a smile on her face. I don't know what to think about her smile.


Is it real or is it fake?


Wait..what?


"Hi... It's nice to finally meet you Sandara-ssi.."


"Just call me Dara..."she took a sip of her sparkling water and sighed. "Finally, I met the Jessica Jung that Hae told me before." Her gaze dropped to the glass she's holding. "I finally met his first love."


"Dara... Before anything else, I want you to know that I didn't know he is already married. It's stupid of me not to notice and too stupid of me to believe whatever he said to me. I want to say I'm sorry... I really am."


She smiled sadly looking at me "I know Jessica, I kind of guess that he won't tell you about it. But the other girls I met told me they knew about his status and they are still willing to continue the relationship they have with Donghae." What?! He did that?! He lied to me purposely!


"W-what did you say?!"


"I suppose he didn't tell you about it because he doesn't want to lose you."


She started to tell me on how Donghae told her before on the start of their marriage about me. That I was his first love, and that he will learn how to love Dara even if they are just arranged to be married because of the position her father will give him. She loves him very much, I can see it on her eyes and how she look so sad and stressed about all the happenings. I told her she should rest and not think about her husband's activities a lot. Dara is a very nice girl who married an who only thinks about his own gain. Never in my wildest dreams that Donghae will end up like this. I know him before as ambitious but not like this.


"I was always wondering how you look and why he was in love with you... Now I know the answer." She smiled at me and I held her hand on the table.


"I already broke up with him Dara so you don't have to worry about anything. I'm really sorry... I really am. If I only knew about him being married, I wouldn't entertain his advancements."


"He doesn't know that I'm here in Seoul. I didn't tell him... He'll be surprise to see me seating here with you on this table." She chuckled at me shaking her head smiling. I'm gonna kill you Donghae for hurting this kind and poor pregnant girl in front of me.


I told her that Donghae will come any minute now. I wonder how he will react if he sees me and his wife together in one table. I want to kill him and cut that thing hanging between his legs and feed it to the Arowanas swimming on the big aquariums in Chinatown.


"You know Dara, I expect you to slap me and pull my hair earlier when you arrived. Why didn't you do it?"


"Because I know you're not like the previous ones... You have the conscience not to be with him and most importantly, you said sorry. And I know he tricked you so it's my consolation. But if you were like those es before, I could have slap and kick you if permitted." She smiled at me while rubbing her swollen tummy. Oh.. luckily I woke up from my stupidity.


The waiter served our food and we dined together and talked about her life and mine while we wait for her jerk of a husband.


"Jessica!" I turned my head and saw Donghae approaching our table with a smile on his face. Dara went to the rest room so this jerk hasn't seen his wife.


"Hae... Have a seat." I gave him my most charming smile and he sat opposite me. He tried to kiss my cheeks but I brushed him off still smiling. "Not now Hae." The jerk has the nerve to smile at me brightly.


"I miss you so much Jessica.. please forgive me and come back to me. Did I do anything wrong for you to break up with me suddenly?"


I smirked at him and took a sip of my wine. "You tell me Hae. Do you have anything to tell me now?" He look dumbfounded at me and shook his head. Damn stupid liar you are.


"Are you sure? Don't you have anything to confess to me?"


"Jess... If it's because Sooyoung told you about me dating one of the doctors in the hospital, it's nothing. It was just a one night stand and i was drunk." What the !?


I laughed at him hard. Oh my God... I wanna kill this guy.


"You're hopeless Hae.. By the way, I want you to meet my friend." I smiled evily at him when Dara came to our table and sat beside me holding her stomach. Donghae's eyes went wide when he saw his very pregnant wife glaring at him with a sweet smile on her face.


"Yobeo~... Don't I deserve a hug and kiss? I haven't seen you for months. By the way, you were right. Jessica is very beautiful.."


"Thanks Dara! I better go now so the two of you can catch up with Donghae's other activities." I stood up from my seat clutching my bag "it's nice to meet you Dara, I hope to see you soon. I'll tell Vic you said Hi." I kissed her cheeks and she did too.


I smirked at Donghae's very worried and sweating face, guilty of his lies. "Goodbye Donghae, don't ever go near me again. Or else you'll eat dinner in hell. Take care of your wife and your baby." I turned my back and left the restaurant, leaving my past behind.

 

 

 

"Hey Jess! Looking err... good?" I looked at Amber incredibly and sniggered at her. I went straight to the university to finish some game plans and Amber was there on her desk polishing her skates.


"Hi Jess..." I heard Yuri under her table and she emerged with her pencil on her hands dusting her pants. I sat on my chair and blew air.


Meeting Donghae again was really stressful... especially when I'm itching to hurt him earlier in the restaurant. How about I blow some steam?


"Where's the team?" I asked them getting my skates on my storage.


"I left them in the rink and told them to practice their swing." Amber said covering her blades and blowing her skates. She really love those skates that my weirdo sister gave her. The monkey has a bright smile on her face looking at it like it's their baby.


"How about Coach Mike? Is he around?"


Yuri went to the printer to get a piece of paper "He went out for a meeting."


Hmmm....


"I want to blow off some steam..."


"I'm not allowed to be a punching bag, sorry. I have a line up of photoshoots next week." I threw my stress ball at Yuri and it bounced on her forehead.


Amber stood up and grabbed her hockey stick at the storage. She went to me grinning like a devil "I think I know what we can do about that Jess... Follow me. You too Yul, I need your authority."

 

We went to the rink and saw the team finishing their practice. I saw Jackson on the line up and remembered what he did to my youngest sister. I bored a hole on his head just by glaring and when he saw me he froze on where he is standing.


I heard Amber chuckling and I saw a devilish glint on her eyes while swinging her hockey stick in the air. I think I know how to blow off this steam. I looked at Yuri and she got what I'm thinking.


"Jackson Hwang... Please remain in the rink. The others, go back to the dug out and shower go home and rest. We have a game tomorrow! Come on guys!" The kids gave us high fives happy that they are going home early.


When all of the kids were gone, we started the game.

 

 

 

Krystal's POV

 


I was inside the lockers just finished changing into my training clothes when Dani arrived and sat beside me on the bench. She has her laptop bag with her and a backpack and her face in bored mode.


"What's wrong baby? Rough day?" She leaned her head on my shoulder and sighed. I know she's having a hard time because of what happened yesterday.


Even I can't believe that she's already you know... a woman now. I feel like I can't call her a kid anymore, because she gave her innocence in a night of passion. And what's more surprising is that they don't have any romantic relationship. Well not yet...


When I talked to her last night consoling her, she said she's still not sure of what she feels with Jackson. They are friends and they have chemistry together... she said she can feel that Jackson have feelings for her and she thinks she has too but being in a relationship is not her priority right now.


I agree with her... She's too young. Dani's just turning 19 a few weeks from now. She has a lot of dreams and goals in life that she plans on achieving. She said she doesn't want distraction on this time of her life. I was also afraid of one thing for her. They didn't use protection that night. I wanna strangle Jackson's neck so much! I forced her to soak in the Epsom salt bath that I prepared to make the pain go away.


This morning, I breathe out a sigh of relief when Dani knocked on our room asking if I still have tampons left because she didn't realize her stock is gone. I hugged her tight with teary eyes, making her stare at me weirdly. I was just happy! I know I'm overacting but still, she has her period! So it means no possibility of teenage pregnancy!


"Who wouldn't feel bored when you're grounded for 30 days and the Holidays are coming." She sniggered at me kicking the dirt on the floor. I chuckled at her and laughed quietly. "She only got 2 days from you! Why do I got 30 days from Unnie?!"


We went out of the locker with her clinging her arms on mine going to the rink.


I thought the practice of the hockey team is over? Why are they still here?


We went near the rink and saw four individuals near the goal. Wait a minute.....


"Isn't that Sooyeon unnie?!" Dani's right, it Jessica! Why is she holding a hockey stick?!


"Yuri unnie!? Amber unnie!? What are they doing?!" We saw the three of them skating towards the goal, all of them has a puck being maneuvered by their sticks. What's more surprising is a lot of pucks are scattered in the rink ready to be strike to the goal.


The three of them strikes their puck as hard as they can one by one to the poor goalie whose now is kneeling in the ice rink trying to catch their flying pucks. Wow... I didn't know Jess is this good, her black disc flew and hit the head of the goalie. Good thing he's wearing a helmet.


"Oh my God!" Dani shriek when the goalie went down clutching his helmet.


The goalie stood up again and went back to his post determined. I can't see his face because of the protective mask. Maybe we should go near....


"Giving up now, Hwang?" Hwang.... Hwang!? Dani and I looked at each other with surprise in our faces and turned to the goalie trying to dodge the flying pucks hitting him.


Yuri unnie's swing is good, no wonder she's a star player back on her uni days. And Amber's magic swing is still alive, like what I watched on her videos. They are raining pucks on poor Jackson!


"No coach! I won't give up! I love your sister!" I saw Dani suddenly blush because of what she heard. I smirked at her and listened on the team of mafia-- I mean Jessica's torture team.


"Ugh! Take that Hwang!" It was my girlfriend swinging the stick hard and made the puck flying hitting Jackson in his stomach. Dani flinched on what happened and worry evident in her face. "When you play on the Pro league, it's more brutal than what we are doing today. You're lucky we're not doing body checks."


Yuri unnie smirked at him like a devil and took a shot too almost hitting Jackson on his arms "But we are going to do it the other day after the game."


"If you love my sister, you wouldn't defile her!" Oh God that's a good swing from Jessi! The puck flew hitting Jackson's helmet again making him drop to the ice floor.


"I'm sorry coach! It won't happen again but please believe me when I said I really love your sister!!" Jackson shouted loud echoing in the whole venue. Dani tried to turn back but I held her and stopped her from going away. She has to hear whatever Jackson will say... Maybe it will help her decide. 

 

Jess saw us and smirked at me mischievously... I think somethings cooking...


The three of them towered over Jackson who is still lying on the ground and sobs can be heard. Is he crying?! Dani looked at me baffled at what's happening. Is he hurt?


"How much do you love my sister?" I felt Dani's body tense when she heard Jess asked it on her friend.


"I love her more than anything in the world! And I'm serious yesterday when I said I'll take responsibility of what happened to us because I love her! My day isn't complete without Dani... I know she's still young but I will wait for her. Please coach..." We saw Jackson trying to stand up and kneeled again in front of our older sister with his head on the floor.


"I was going to ask her the other night to be my girlfriend but I was afraid she wouldn't say yes. Then it happened... I'm very sorry coach please forgive me... But believe me my intentions for your sister are pure. I love her, I really do.."


Dani was already crying silently beside me brushing the tears away from her eyes a small smile appearing on her lips. I pulled her to the rink and went to where the group is, Jackson not knowing that my sister is already standing in front of him while his head is still touching the ground.


"Do you promise to take care of my sister and wait for her until she finish her studies and achieve all her dreams and goals in life?"


"I do coach! I promise to be by her side and support her while achieving it, even if we live in Africa for the rest of our lives."


I signalled Unnie, Amber, and Yuri to leave the two alone silently. We went to the sides and watched them, as Jackson pull his head up when Dani called him. He immediately stood up clutching his stomach and took off his gloves, brushing the tears on Dani's face.


I don't know what they are whispering to each other seems like they're talking about their feelings. Jackson dropped his head near Dani and my sister took off his helmet and what they did made us whistle. Except for Unnie who is now skating her way to the kissing couple in the rink.


"Danielle Kim! No kissing on my rink! That's another 10 days for you!"