Salchow - 38

Edges and Toe Picks

 A/N: Hi guys! Another update? Here you go! 

Thank you to all our subscribers and please do enjoy the story. 

Subscribe, comment, holler!

Peace yow! ✌

 

 

Jessica's POV

 

After that pregnancy scare earlier I finally let out a big sigh with Soojung holding me. I'm just thankful it's negative or else I'm gonna lose it real bad. Donghae has to explain his self to me when I meet him but as of now I don't want to talk to him. When I checked my cellphone after dinner, there was 50 missed calls and a lot of text messages from him asking where am I and why am I not at home.


I was surprised when Amber maneuvered the car to my apartment telling me to get some stuffs after we went out of the university. She said Soojung told her that I'm grounded in their house for the weekend and Amber suggested we should buy the pregnancy test kits to know if our guess is true. I was really afraid and nervous, I don't know what to do. I let her buy it, I don't want anyone to recognize me buying that thing, atleast if Amber's recognized they will think it's for my sister but I doubt anyone will know it's Amber of Krystal Jung. She was wearing her dorky glasses and her baseball cap covering her face and a face mask.


God gave me a sister who always understands me and loves me unconditionally. Even if I messed up pretty big she still accepted me and acted as the oldest between us two the whole time I'm having my episodes of stupidness. She told me I can stay on the guest room for the weekend and be with them because she and Dani misses me so much.


Dani came to my room and jumped into me on the bed hugging me tight. She said Soojung just told her that I'm staying for the weekend when she, Tia, and Shannon arrived from the supermarket. I realized that Dani needed me more than I needed Donghae, being with him was like an option I chose because of the mistake I did to Yuri.


I was blinded by his sweetness and promises, his sincere words that turned out was a lie. I never thought he will do this to me... He was someone I trusted the most when we were silly teenagers, he wasn't like that before. When I said back then that he didn't change, now I can say that he changed a lot. But still, I want to hear from his own mouth that what I found out from Victoria is true. Not because I want us to be together even if he's married, I want him to admit it and realize his mistake.


It was already late at night and I sat on the beach chair Amber has far from the pool just watching the water. I wrapped myself tighter feeling the coldness of the autumn air. This was the very same chair where Yuri and I ended our almost relationship, this is the chair where I made my mistake and let a very special person slip away.


She treats me civilly when we are at work, and I'm thankful for that. I can see how happy she is now with Se Kyung and I can't help but be sad for my self for not choosing her. If I just waited patiently and didn't think twice about what we have, maybe I'm the one that is busy preparing for her birthday tomorrow. Even taking care of her while she's sick and maybe I'm the one beside her making her smile.
It's too late now Jessica, you let her go and someone already catched her.


All you gave Yuri was suffering and sadness. All she gave you was her love and herself. You do love her, but you broke your promise. So much for your Loyal and Everlasting Love Sooyeon. Some guy came and promised you forever, you threw away everything you worked for trying to get Yuri better.


"Arf! Arf!"

 


"Hani?! What are you doing here? Where did you enter?" It was Hani, Yuri's Pomeranian sitting on the grass looking at me with wide eyes. It was like he's giving me company tonight.


"Arf! Arf!" She wagged her tail and turned his head on the wooden fence dividing Amber and Yuri's property. Oh, I forgot about that. He probably entered on the dog door installed in the fence.

 


"How are you Hani? You can't sleep too?" I chuckled to myself shaking my head. Well Hani is good company and no one is awake. Soojung slept early today because she said she got tired with all the dramas today. My weird and crazy sister tried one of the test kits and had a shock of her life when the result was shockingly positive instead of what she was expecting which is of course negative.


Who wouldn't be shock?! We all know it's utterly impossible to be positive, even how many times she and Amber have all day and try all kinds of positions. If Amber is a guy and he got Soojung pregnant all of a sudden, that monkey will definitely be beaten to pulp by no other than me. Good thing it wasn't really positive but a blurry line meaning the kit is defective. I tried to smack her real hard using Amber's hockey stick displayed on the wall of their room but she just ran and took cover on her girlfriend. 


"Arf! Arf! Arf!" Okayyyy... I'll consider that as your answer Hani.


"Me too, I can't sleep."


"Arf!"


"Oh, I miss you too Hani. Where's DooE? Already sleeping?"


"Arf! Arf!" He barked at me wagging his tail happily.


"You know Hani, I'm happy for your mom. She look so happy with your new mommy..."


"Arf! Arf! "


"Oh yeah? That's great... You love your new mommy and DooE too. She is a very nice person like Soojung said. Always listen to her and respect her, okay? Tell that to DooE too." I smiled at him and patted his head. He stood up wagging his tail and his tongue hanging, like he's telling me to follow him.


"Arf!arf! Arf!"


"Do you want to play? Or you want me to take you home?" He ran to the direction of the slightly opened door of the fence so I followed him.


"Hani! Wait for me!" I hissed lowly at him and he just wagged his tail. It's like he wants to show me something important, something that I should see. I entered the door and saw what might be the thing Hani is telling me.


I felt my heart was being crush slowly when I saw the view.


The once bed of Daisies and Angel's Breath are now home to a beautiful bed of Sunflowers standing tall and pretty, like a smiling face welcoming everyone who will see it. What's unusual about it is they're in full bloom even if it's Autumn.


Even Hani wants me to realize what I did. And he's telling me that his mom has already moved on and is now happy with their new mommy. That I should go on and move on with my life too. Like he's telling me I'm already replaced on his mom's heart.


"You're so cruel Hani... But thank you. Thank you for helping me realize that it's already dead end for me and your mom. I wish her happiness... I do." I smiled at him and urged him to enter the dog door going inside the house.


I made my way to the wooden door and stopped, took a second glance and sigh. I smiled at the sight of the garden like saying goodbye to everything.


"Goodbye Kwon Yuri... You'll always be in my heart no matter what. It's time for me to look for my happiness since you already found yours."

 

 

-----------

 

A loud ring woke me up from my deep slumber. I opened my eyes familiarizing myself on the room I slept in and remembered I am currently in Amber and Soojung's house being grounded by my sister.


What time is it? I remembered falling asleep at wee hours after downing 6 cans of Budweiser I saw on the fridge when I went inside the house after Hani slapped me with reality. That dog is really intelligent I don't know where Yuri got him.


My phone kept on ringing making the veins in my forehead throb. I reached for it on top of the bedside drawer and tapped the screen not looking on who's calling.


"Yoboseo..." My head hurts~ this is the reason why I like drinking wine than beer.


"Jessica Jung! I've been calling you since I woke up!"


"Good morning to you too Dr. Choi Sooyoung..."


"Yah! You texted me wee hours in the morning with your embarassing photos! The shock of my life waking up in the morning and seeing your photos in my inbox. Tsk tsk tsk..." What the!? Photos?!


"What do you mean?! I don't remember anything!"


I heard her sigh from the other line and some honking of cars. Maybe she's driving to work "Did you drink beer last night Jess? All 6 cans of it?" How did she know?


"You're probably thinking 'How did Soo knows?' ... Hahaha! I'm your best friend of course I know. I was the one who taught you how to drink beer and I know your alcohol tolerance." She really knew me too well. I covered my face with a pillow still talking to her.


"Soo... I'm breaking up with Hae.."


She chuckled on the other line "Let's FaceTime, can we?"


"You're driving!"


"I'm pulling up at the side walk don't worry."


"You're going to work... You'll be late."


"I'm not the only doctor in that hospital. And besides, my best friend is more important than them." I smiled on the pillow and shook my head. Sooyoung always the cheesy friend she is. If Yoona is the noisy one, Sooyoung is the gentle savage one.


"I haven't wash my face~"


"Even if you wash your face Jung Sooyeon, you're still ugly."


"Walking stick!"


"Duck face!"


Toot...toot...toot...


I ended the call then after 5 seconds it rang again. Sooyoung's wacky face flashing on my screen asking to accept the request to FaceTime, the one we took when we were eating at the Sports Bar with Yoona when I first arrived. There was fries on with Yoona placing a peace sign on her head.


The call connected and her beautiful smiling face welcomed me while she's drinking her to go coffee. I sat on the bed and leaned my back on the head board brushing back my long hair.


"Huh! Like I predicted! You look ugly bwahahahaha!!!!" She said laughing and even snorting. I rolled my eyes on her and gave her a dirty finger.


"You're the only one who calls me ugly in the morning."


"Because I'm your best friend, I'm honest and I tell you no lies. So when I say you're ugly, believe it. I've seen you at your worst state Jessica so I know it. Tell me everything..."


Sighing, I narrated to her all the things that happened yesterday. From what happened in the office with Amber, Yuri, and Se Kyung to how Amber bought all kinds of pregnancy test kits making Soo laugh out loud inside her car, me being grounded by Soojung and making me stay here in their house, what Victoria revealed to me about Donghae, and the process of taking the pregnancy test and having a negative result. I saw her biting her lips when I was telling it to her, the part where I found out it's negative. I saw her heave a sign and nodded her head.


Even my so-called conversation last night with Kwon Hani the dog and seeing the flower garden of Yuri. Soo just listened to me rant and tell my story, only interrupting when needed. Her eyes full of understanding and care while she's looking at me from the camera of her phone.


"So that's why you raided the fridge of your sister... Wait, Soojung is living there now, right? So technically it's her fridge now." I nodded at her "Yes she's basically the owner of this house eversince she moved in. Amber is too happy to have her here finally. She knows how to use the vacuum now.."


"Oh holy mother of cleaning! Finally! She knows how to clean her room!" I chuckled at her. That's what I noticed from Soojung yesterday, their room was so tidy not like her room in our apartment. It will only be cleaned properly when I'm not busy or Amber will come and clean it herself.


"Amber is a neat freak so Soojung has to learn how to live in a clean environment hehehe... Her girlfriend proudly told me out of her ear shot that Soojung was the one who cleans their room."


"No traces of rope tied in the post of the bed or any handcuffs?" I laughed at what she said while wriggling her eyebrows.


"Nothing, it was so clean and organized. Even her skates are stored in a special storage and not being left anywhere. I love their bed, it's bouncy. It made me calm before doing the test." I'm not going to tell her what I saw on the bottom drawer of the two monkeys when Vic and I are rummaging on their drawers. That was why Amber is so red yesterday when Soojung came back from their walk-in dresser.


"Why didn't you called me yesterday when you're going to do the test? I could have help you and check your vital signs." There was worry on Soo's eyes and I smiled at her.


"You're busy and I don't want to disturb you. But I was going to call you yesterday but I was just too tired with the drama and I forgot about it. Sorry Soo~"


She smiled while looking at the screen and sighed "No Jessi, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have brought Hae that day. It's my fault all these happened...I regret it Jess, I really am."


It's not her fault, it's my fault. I don't want Sooyoung to think that she's the reason why all that drama in life happened to me. She only thought that it will make me happy she didn't know what Donghae will bring is just trouble.


"Soo... Don't bother yourself with it. It's not your fault, it's mine. I'm the one who decided to go out with him and be lead by him. It's me Soo, it's me. And I already woke up from all of his lies. He's out of my life, I'm breaking up with him."


She nodded "What are you going to do next?"


"I'm going to think about it first, but now I need to clear my head and spend time with my sisters."


"Hey Jessi..."


"Hmmm..."


"I'll always be here for you, remember that. If you need someone to knock sense on your brain I'm only one call away." I smiled at her, a genuine and thankful smile which she reciprocated. I'm so lucky to have a best friend like her... She's one of the most nicest people I know and definitely a keeper. If I wasn't too attached with Donghae back then in High School maybe Soo and I had a chance. But she declared it before that we're just best friends, nothing more and nothing else that's why I buried the feelings away. True to her word, we remained until now.


"Thanks Soo... Whoever you will end up with is so lucky to have you. Tell me, why haven't you gotten yourself a partner?"


"I got flings.."


"Yeah once in a while, but you need someone to take care of you. Don't you have any prospects? What happened to that doctor, Sunny Lee?"


"She gave me a small smile and snickered "She's not the one for me, we remained friends."


"How about the dancer Kim Hyoyeon?"


"We decided to end it before it became too deep. Both of us are busy with our careers so it's mutual. We remained friends too."


"Then why are you still single? Aren't you tired being with me and Yoona every weeknights eating, instead of cuddling in your couch with someone and talking about non-sense things that make the two of you laugh out loud?" What am I saying?!


She rake her fingers on her brown hair and smiled at me with softness in her eyes "I do want that kind of things too Jessi, but the person I want to do it with hasn't realize that I'm just here waiting. And I don't know if it will ever come, so much better to spend it with you and Yoona."


Hmmm.... Who was that person? Do I know that person? Is it a he or a she? Definitely a she since Sooyoung already came out as a lesbian to us back in High School. I came out in College. Maybe I should ask Yoona...or Fany!


"You know, that person is so stupid if she hasn't realize anything. You're a very nice person and beautiful too, funny, intelligent, and trust worthy. You're everything anyone could ask for, it's her loss if she keeps you waiting." The smile on her face never leaves and she sighed.


"Yeah... She is stupid.. so so stupid that I want to smack her head hard but she's beautiful too inside and out, I'm just here waiting for her. And if ever the time comes that she won't notice how much I care for her, it's okay too. Because I'll always be here for her." I don't know why but the look in Sooyoung's eyes was so soft and expressive my heart just melted on what she said. I blinked twice fighting back the tears forming in my eyes. Does it mean....


She suddenly laughed out loud and meronged at me "Of course it isn't you Jessica Jung! I said beautiful not ugly!!!"


Okay I retract it now.


" off Choi Sooyoung!"


"I know Jessica Jung! off too!"


"I'm disconnecting this FaceTime now, go to work! Save lives! Call me later!"


"Fine... I'll call you later when I'm off duty. And if I see Hae, I can't promise not to hurt him"


"Don't waste your time on him, he's going down."


She nodded and laughed and her eyes are full of sincerity "I gotta go now Jessi, be well okay? I love you.."


I smiled at her with gratitude and nodded too "I will Soo, I will. Be safe.." before she disconnects I called her again "Soo!"


"Yeah duck face??"


"I'm lucky you are my best friend... I love you too.."


"I know Jessi, me too." We smiled at each other and disconnected the call.


Whoever that girl she mentioned, I hope she come in her senses and never let go of my best friend.