Salchow - 35

Edges and Toe Picks

A/N: Hey chingus! How about a second update tonight? Game? Here you go! 

 

--------

 

tumblr_mv3q7uH6SV1qdywcco1_500.gif

 

 

Yuri's POV

 

Soojung and Se Kyung asked for my permission last week to organize a small birthday dinner with family and friends. I don't really celebrate my birthday since it's not that special. But who can resist a pouting Kyungie and a Soojung with mischief in her eyes. Fine...


They said all I have to do is sit back and relax, go to my modeling schedules the whole week and team practices. Whenever I will ask Soojung about the details of the birthday dinner, she said it's just a simple one and she already asked Victoria for help in cooking.


But the mischief in her eyes never leaves, add to it that she's always skating away from me in practice. When I asked Amber about it, she said she don't know too. I told her to blackmail her girlfriend about it in desperate measures and I'm going to give her what she has been dreaming to have, a Bauer Nexus N9000 skates. One of the most expensive skates that costs around 700 US Dollars for a pair. (For us hockey players, it's already expensive. Kinda like Nimbus 2000 in Quidditch. What am I saying?!)

 

 

 

 


After 3 days, the monkey is already wearing her Nexus N9000 and.......

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It didn't came from me. She said she tried but there's no devilish plan in my birthday and what I did only made her happy and satisfied for 2 nights plus a new pair of skates from her girlfriend, may I add that she said it grinning like a maniac. Hearing it made me smack her on the head saying 'Useless monkey!' and I saw Soojung in the middle of the ice rink laughing at us while doing her jump with a smirk on her lips.


When I asked Kyungie about it when I fetched her from school yesterday handing her a pack of cotton candy, she said the same thing Soojung told me. That it's just a simple dinner and she'll be cooking too, and the teens are going to decorate my backyard.


"By the way, I think the flowers are going to bloom tonight! D-do you want...want..to stay tonight at-at my house?" Why are you stuttering like a fool Kwon?! I waved at some passengers who greets me and bows a little. 

 

626741508-u-bahnsteig-u-bahnhof-haltestelle-seoul.jpg

 


We were in the subway waiting for the train to come. Yes folks, I'm already a Pro in traveling by using the subway. Can't help it if you want to impress the girl you want to see everyday after work. Sometimes I ride the subway train going to the school where she works and fetch her then we'll ride back together and have dinner at a cafe or watch a movie.


"Ummm.... Yul..." Stupid Kwon... I think I said the wrong words.


"I mean... Do you want to wa-watch it tonight? Then I'll take you home using my car. I just thought maybe you want to see it bloom because you help me plant those yellow sunflowers and it will be a pleasure if you will join me but it's okay if you don't want because I know it's such a short notice and I know you're tired from work.." saying that very long sentence without breathing is suicide. I took a deep breath and released it loudly just to calm my fidgeting self. I saw her lips formed into a smile and looked down at her shoes.

 


Please say yes Kyungie... Please say yes...

 


The train came and she pulled me inside to the back where we always stay. But the seats are all taken so we settled to standing, facing each other. She still has a smile on her face but she's looking outside. Maybe she's thinking, Yuri you're a mess again.

 

inside-seoul-metro-subway.jpg

 


Please say yes.... Please, please, pweasssse....

 


The train stopped on a station to pick up passengers and they came in hordes because it's rush time. We were pushed at the corner with me trapping her, propping my hands on the wall so that she wouldn't be crush by passengers.


Our faces just mere centimetres near each other, our eyes staring at each other's soul. A warm feeling came over me when I saw her parted lips form into one of those smiles that I always love to see on her face. That smile that always takes my breath away...


The train is full pack of passengers but it's only Kyungie that I see. Like a slow motion of sorts, like in the movies that I thought never happens in real life but now I know it's real. The last time I had this wonderful feeling was back then in college when once upon a time I fell in love with Jessica Jung. There was no slow motions but just a warm fuzzy feeling.


But right now, having this wonderful feelings again makes me ecstatic, realizing that she may not be Jessica Jung, but Kyungie has her own way of opening my heart in a different way.


Because after I met her, all I see is her face etched in my mind. When I wake up in the morning and before I go to sleep. The image of Jessica in my mind slowly drifted away and Kyungie's laughter and smiles slowly connecting the pieces of my heart that was shattered that one fateful night like using a super glue.


She brought sunshine again to my once gloomy life, like a sunflower standing tall and giving joy to me. Amber once told me that when she met Soojung and looked into her eyes, she saw their future together. I laughed at what she said, and saying it was too cheesy, too fluffy. Never have I imagined that I'll experience it firsthand right now, here at the back of the train.


All I see is the two of us enjoying a cup of coffee while sitting on the bench in my backyard while watching the sunflowers in full bloom on a spring day. Her smiles and laughter echoing in my mind and her lips met mine.


In reality, my lips brushes hers, ... And all I can say in a whisper is "Be with me tonight, pl-please?"


She smiled again and I realized, she might misinterpret the choice of words but it's fine too hahaha... Maybe I should have added 'to watch the flowers bloom while having her favorite Hazelnut flavored coffee' Sheesh! Almost smooth Kwon, almost!

 


I closed my eyes and scolded myself for being a mess again. Okay Kwon, let's do it one more time.
"Wh-what I mean to..to.. say is--"

 


Her lips bridged the gap between us and it was soft as I have imagined ever since I met her that one fateful day in the subway. It may sound so cliché but I don't care, because for me it was magical. We closed our eyes and just go with the flow, our lips dancing slowly with each other. It was sweet...her lips taste like cotton candy.


We broke the kiss and slowly opened our eyes when we heard the announcement on the P.A. telling that it's already our stop. We stared at each other knowing, that magical moment will change the way how our friendship should be.


We have the same silly smile at each other and she chuckled making me grin "I'm sorry... I'm such a mess when I'm with you...."


She reached for my blue scarf that she made for me and touched our foreheads, bumping our noses in the process with a sweet smile on her lips..


"I don't mind Yuri Kwon... You'll always be my adorable mess... " a smile escaped my lips and she pulled my scarf, my lips smashing on hers as the train continued to run til we reach the last station.

 

 

------

 

 

Amber's POV

 

"Am? What are you -- Hmmmp!" I covered my girlfriend's mouth and gave her a 'Sshh' sign to be quiet. I pulled her down to hide in the fence and to calm down but her elbow connected to my stomach like an MMA fighter that she is. Ouch~ XD


"Soojungie~ please be quiet.." I hissed at her in a whisper trying to calm her down and I turned her body to face me. I saw her eyebrow raising that's why I immediately released .


"I'm sorry babe... I woke up in our bed and you're not beside me, I thought you're playing your videogames again. What are you doing here?" Now she's whispering too. I showed her my phone in video stand by mode.


"Dani and Tia told me to take a video of Kwon when she's with Kyungie. I think they are making an AVP for her... Sorry I left you in our bed.." I kissed her softly and release it "this won't take long.."


I pulled her up slowly and I saw that the two people in the bench didn't see or heard us. They were too immerse in whatever they are talking about, I heard Unadon and sushi so maybe they are talking about food.


"You should have said that to me earlier so I can help you~.. so, any good things happening?" She asked while hugging me from the back and placing her chin on my left shoulders.


I secretly held my phone again directly to where the two are and start to record again. I purposely chose to hide on the dark side of my fence so they wouldn't see me, and the lighting of Kwon's lamp was so good it's like a scene straight from a drama.


"I think it will get better babe, just wait and see..."


They were seating together in the bench with their legs crossed and a sole blanket covering them to fight the chill. Two mugs of steaming hot coffee can be seen on their hands and bright smiles are visible on their faces because of what they are talking about. Kyungie's​ hand was waving everywhere while talking animatedly. I think they are waiting for the flowers to bloom tonight that's why even though it's cold they're braving it like what I'm doing. Luckily, I got my body warmer wrapping her arms on me.


"Babe~..." Soojung whispered to my ear making me squirm.


"Hmmm.."


"It's Autumn and it's cold as , I don't think that flowers will bloom tonight. She got 5 spotlights directed to the flower buds to make it warm but is Yuri sure about her calculations on her bed of sunflowers?" We saw on the video how my cousin placed down her mug of coffee in the bench and rubbed her hands together to create heat. After that, she placed it on Kyungie's cheeks squishing it, maybe to make her warm.


"Oh my God that was so smooth Kwon..." I mumbled earning a giggle from my girlfriend behind me. I felt Soojung's hands going inside my shirt settling on my abs giving warmth.


"That was so sweet... I didn't know Yul is that mushy..."

 

"I'm sweeter than her..." I snorted at her earning a pinch on my flat belly. 

 

"You.are.the.sweetest." I grinned to myself while she digs her chin on my shoulders with every words she said.

 


We heard Kyungie laughing to what Kwon did and tried to slap her shoulders but my cousin caught her hands and rubbed it together with hers, even blowing hot breath to keep it warm. Then they noticed the flowers are miraculously opening up slowly with disbelief in their eyes. Well me too, I can't believe it!


Sunflowers only bloom in Summer and late Fall, so planting those flowers in Autumn is dead end. I even joked at Kwon when I saw the plants saying it won't bloom because of the cold air. Looks like Kwon used her magic wand on this, and it was a beautiful sight.


I heard Soojung gasp not believing what is happening too, such a phenomenon we wouldn't forget. Kyungie's face was full of surprise and smile while watching the flowers bloom, but my cousin is watching just one sunflower blooming in front of her.


It was Kyungie's face she's watching with fascination and adoration in her eyes. The kind of look that I always give to Soojung whenever she's having her episodes of weirdness as I watch her do her thing.


There's only one way to find out if Kwon's really into this girl now and I'm waiting for it to happen. Because it didn't when she and Jessica met again back in the airport.


When Kyungie turned to her and their eyes met, there was an unmistakable chemistry between them that makes them cute. Soojung dug her nails on my abs squealing silently when she saw how Kwon leaned forward to Kyungie and kissed her which the girl reciprocated. When they broke the kiss, I saw my cousin's face suddenly scrunched and...


"Achoo!!!" She sneezed so hard that Kyungie covered her face with the scarf laughing. They stood up from the bench and went inside the house hand in hand.


"Oh my God! She kissed her! Did you get that on video?!"


"Of course! And I think Shannon also got it on video... I can see her hiding on the balcony with a blanket covering her and Do-yeon, look.." I pointed the balcony of Kwon's room to Soojung and we saw the two grinning like crazy bandits standing up hurrying to get out of the room.


"..." Soojung suddenly mumbled on my back.


"What babe? Did you forgot something?"


"No... Hahaha... I just thought that it's good that you saw the two on the balcony. Or else I could have been caught doing something nasty on you here."


"So? They wouldn't know what we are doing here if they did. It's dark on this portion of the fence and no one will see us..." I whispered the last line on a teasing tone making Soojung dug her nails more in my skin. Awww~!


"What are you now, an exhibitionist?! Finish that now and let's go to sleep babe, pwease?" That pwease definitely got me that's why I saved the video and played it on the video player in silent mode to check the quality but there was a hand traveling down to the band of my shorts dipping inside.


"Yah! Soojung! Mo hae?!"


"Nothing~ just checking if you're wearing something...." I chuckled on what she said and bended my knee so she can get in my back. Once she got in, her right hand was still inside my shorts getting handsy. Her left arm cling on my neck laughing softly at my facial expressions.


"I thought we're going to sleep? You do know that what you are doing to me right now guarantees you a ticket to heaven?" She giggled on what I said saying "We'll see..~" but when we turned around I almost dropped Soojung to the ground. Luckily I didn't because if I did, I'm doomed for eternity.


There in the backyard was Dani and Tia holding each a mug of maybe hot chocolate in it, just 5 meters away from where Soojung and I are hiding. They were smirking at us, with Tia holding her phone obviously capturing what happened on the other side of the fence but now is directed on us. Especially on where Soojung's hand is located right now. She slowly pulled her hand out of my shorts and placed it inside my shirt like nothing happened.


"We didn't see or heard anything, promise!" Tia said chuckling.


"Yup we didn't... Just watching Yuri unnie here doing her moves... We didn't hear anything.." Dani was whistling to us while wriggling her eyebrows.

 

Why does it has to be these two who always caught us in this kind of situations?!


"Whatever..." Soojung said to her sister rolling her eyes while we pass them going inside the house. She even tried to kick her sister while clinging on my back but Dani only kicked me laughing.


Dani and Tia was just giggling, snorting seeing Soojung's reddened face especially when Dani shouted to her in a low voice making Soojung smack me in the head.


"Unnie... Enjoy your time in heaven! Don't wreck anything!"

 

 

--------

 

 

Jessica's POV

 

I was out with Sooyoung, Yoona, and Tiffany enjoying a dinner in a different restaurant. We chose this Italian diner for a change. And also for me to ward Hae off.


It's just that I can't move freely when he's always hovering around me. It was lovely in the first few weeks but when Soojung and I had the fight which eventually led to her moving in to Amber's house, Hae's image to me came tumbling down.


He defended his friend even though that doctor tried to harass my sister. I was just quiet back then listening to him make his speech but deep inside I'm really disappointed. I shouldn't have listened to him when he said I should introduce Soojung and his friend. I was just too caught up with all his sweet words and gestures that I always say yes to whatever he wants.


It's just now when Sooyoung asked me how my sisters are that I realized I haven't been spending time with Soojung and Dani. Enough for me not to know what they did this week.


"Jessica, how could you not know how your sisters are doing?! Have you been spending all your time with Hae?" I sighed at what Sooyoung said embarassed at my stupidness.


"Look Jessi..." Fany said while holding my hand on the table "we're glad the two of you finally hooked up and that's great. But you've been spending so much time with him, even bringing him in our girl's only night out."


"Well, you bring Tae..."


"Tae is my wife, she's a girl, and she's part of our group." She raised her eyebrow challenging me to speak.


I dropped my head in surrender brushing my hair back. "I'm just too caught up with all this relationship thing going on between us that I forgot about the appointment with Dani's Professor."


"Seohyun said she was surprised when Soojung went to her office to talk about Dani. Well knowing how famous your sister is... My girlfriend said your sister promised to help Dani because the teen almost flunked her subject." Yoona said crossing her arms on me.


"You didn't tell me Juhyun was the Professor Seo Dani was talking about... I could have just called Seohyun and asked her what is Dani's problem. Saved me from being scolded by Soojung."


Sooyoung chuckled amusely at what she heard from Yoona "Seems like Soojung grew up well than I imagined. She surpassed her unnie."


"YAH!!"


"Well who was busy spazzing around what to wear on the stupid party? I told you not to go there, it's boring. Fany and I didn't go because we know what happens there. What did you get? Hae parading you there like a trophy. Tsk tsk tsk..." I hate to admit it but what Sooyoung said was true. I totally regretted going on the party.


"Jessi, I know, Hae treats you right and you and him finally have a label and the is great.." What the?! Yoona!!


"Yah! What are you saying?!"


"Don't deny because we know. What I'm saying is this, are you really over Yuri Kwon or are you just using Donghae to cover up your stupidity thinking that it's the right thing to do? Hurting your sisters along the way?" I looked at Yoona and i know she's serious about it.


"What do you mean?! I'm over Yuri! I'm totally over her and I have Hae now. He loves me..."


"Do you love him?"


"What kind of question is that?"


"Answer me, do you love him?"


Sooyoung and Fany was just looking at me waiting for my answer. Do I love him? I asked myself then when we hooked up and my brain said yes, I love him. Because he's willing to be with me.


Yoona snapped her fingers waiting for me to answer. I took a deep breath and sighed. "Y-yes... I love Hae.." are you really sure Jessica?


Because everytime you see Yuri at work you can't help but take a glance at her. You can't seem to stop yourself but check on her even if she doesn't look in your way. She was always immersed in her team plans and her cellphone.


She doesn't glance at your way anymore, not like before. I see her smile and laugh while looking at her cellphone and I admit to myself, I miss that smile. Too bad it's not me who makes her smile like that now, it's someone else. And I'm happy for her.


"Just a little advice Jessi, don't forget about your sisters. They need you more than you need Hae. Because if things don't work out between you and Hae, your sisters will be there for you no matter what. We may be here but it's different with Soojung and Dani." Fany said still holding my hand with a kind smile on her face.


"Now I'm starting to regret bringing Donghae that day."


"Me too.." I heard Sooyoung muttered under her breath.


"Jessi just an advice too, please be safe." I frowned at Fany not getting what she said. Sooyoung flicked my forehead so I will understand what it is. "You know... Safe .. I hate to say this Jessi but you know that Hae and I work in the same hospital. I heard him bragging to his friends especially to that ert Dr. Kim that you keep him up all night. I wanted to throw a scalpel on him and that friend of his but I kept my cool and tripped him. I didn't know he became a douche bag after studying in the US."


I blushed on what Sooyoung said and suddenly, I felt disgusted with myself.


We continued on eating and I said sorry to them for always bringing Hae, they said it's okay. It's over and done, but there won't be a next time. They didn't know that Hae will change me to someone they don't know anymore.


Even I don't know myself anymore. I just followed what Soojung said, to think about my happiness first before anyone else. And in the process, I hurt a lot of people important to me. My sisters, my friends, lastly Yuri. I became so selfish and self centered, only thinking about Donghae that I forgot to spend time with Soojung and most especially with Dani.


I purposely avoided Soojung this past few days and not attended her practice to punish myself. I'm so stupid to scold her when the incident with Dr. Kim happened, but when she and Dani explained the situation I felt so embarassed to them. I'm supposed to be the oldest between us three, but I acted like a fool. Sometimes I think Soojung is more matured than I am by way of her thinking and making decisions.


"Jessi.." Sooyoung called me from my momentary silence and pointed at the flatscreen TV at the bar. It was the late night show were Amber and Soojung's scandal was shown before. But now the topic wasn't them, but a person that I also know.

 

yuri-shin-sae-kyoung.jpg

 

tumblr_m1j93ePGxT1r1ac52.jpg


"This just got in and all over the social media when it was posted this afternoon. A fan said that she saw our CF Queen and number 1 product endorser in the subway waiting for the train to come. CF Queen Yuri Kwon was spotted at Seoul Metro Station with a pretty girl beside her. Based on fan accounts in the social media, the model has been seen riding the train with the same girl this past month. The photo we are seeing right now was taken just this afternoon and it seems they have something going on based on the smile and skinship that was seen. Well, whoever the pretty girl is, she's one lucky passenger. I'm giving you one advice, don't ever let Yuri Kwon go or else, it's your lost. And to Yuri Kwon, may the force be with you! That's all folks! Until next time!"

 


"Wow.... I know her! That girl with Yuri Kwon!" Yoona shouted at us while eating her garlic bread. I was just staring at my pasta losing my appetite seeing Yuri's face together with the girl. She look so happy beside the new girl. I saw them in the stadium the day we won, Yuri ran to her on the bleachers looking so happy and excited to see her.


"Who is she?" I heard Fany ask but I pretended not to listen and just ate my pasta and not tasting it.


"She's Teacher Shin Se Kyung, a colleague of mine at school. She also teaches on the nursery section, she's a nice girl and friendly too. Wow... She's so lucky... Right Jessi?" Yoona's question to me caught me off guard not finding the right words to say.


I just nodded at her and continued on eating swallowing the now bland tasting pasta in my mouth. Yoona was looking at me like asking the same question that she asked me earlier.

 


Do you love Donghae?


Yes I do, I think I do.


Do you still love Yuri?


......


Are you hurt when you saw the photo?


......


Do you regret leaving Yuri that night and declining her request?


......


There's only one way to find out Jessi.