Toe Loop - 9

Edges and Toe Picks

 

 

 


Amber's POV

 

 

Great. Just great!

 


After the not-so-nice barging in my room this morning which slayed the chance of me and Soojung having an intimate moment in the bed, we are now in the dining area eating brunch quietly.


I have Soojung beside me while across us are the ers looking at the two of us while eating their rice. Grandma is at the head of the table minding her food.


Soojung seems to be enjoying her Omu Rice while eating and occasionally the two of us looking at each other. I remembered what happened after the ers went out my room.

 

 

After successfully getting Dani and Tia out of my room, Soojung decided to take a shower and I let her borrow my clothes since she can't go around wearing her dress. She still can't stand alone straight that's why I filled the tub with water so she can just bathe there.


Her crutches was still on my Jeep so I just lifted her up and placed her carefully on the tub (still with her clothes on).


"Just call me if you're finish Soojung so I can take you out, okay?"


"Okay.." she hummed and started to lift her T-shirt up but stopped because I was still there standing in front of her. She raised her eyebrow at me waking me up from my stupidness.


"Oh.. sorry. I'll just prepare your clothes." I went out the bathroom and closed the door. ! Amber! What's happening to you?!

 

I laid out the spare clothes on the bed and her clean undies that Dani graciously delivered to us earlier. Stupid Amber, really stupid. You forgot to lock the door and that two ers came barging in.


Silly. You don't lock your door ever since... This is the first time you took home a girl and let her sleep in your bed. Even let her wear your clothes and made you her personal pillow mind you.


You know Dani and Tia had been barging on your room freely eversince, you just forgot about it because of how Soojung looks at you a while ago. I started to fix the bed and changed into a clean black V-neck shirt and basketball shorts. It's around 10:00 am, Soojung might be hungry now. But first, we need to lessen that headache of hers.


I went to the kitchen to make a glass of honey water when I saw Grandma already preparing two glasses of it.


"Amber... Give this to your friend and let her drink it. I'm preparing food now, it will be ready any minute. Does she eat Omu Rice?"


"Maybe Grandma.. but you cook delicious food so she'll like it." I smiled at Grandma and she patted my head. I took the glass and went inside the room placing it at the bedside table. I heard Soojung calling me from the bathroom and I immediately entered it with a bath towel in tow and a bathrobe.


"So, what do you want? Towel or robe?" She was hugging her body in the water covering herself. I felt shy all of a sudden and just stared at other things. "Why don't you wrap yourself first with the towel then I'll lift you up in the edge of the marble sink so you can sit. Then I'll help you wear the robe, arasso?"


"But the towel.."


"It's okay, I have a factory of towels." I joked at her just to ease her embarassment.


I gave it to her and I turned around to give her privacy. This is really making me crazy, is this really Amber now?


"You can turn around now Amber.. and don't be silly. You took a peek last night." I turned around at Soojung giggling softly at her teasing. The towel is secured in her body so I lifted her out from the tub with water flowing down from the wet towel and placed her on the edge of the sink for her to sit down. I draped another towel on her body and spread the bathrobe in front of her and helped her wear it. My head turned upwards to the ceiling when she started to take off the wet towel and dropped it at the floor.


"You don't know what you are doing to me right now Soojung.." she giggled at what I said making me chuckle while staring at the ceiling. She secured the robe smiling at me like a kid. "All done!" I sighed and looked at her flipping her wet hair.


She took the towel and started to dry her hair with it. "Your towels are fluffy Amber.." I snatched the towel playfully from her and started to dry her hair with care. It was long and beautiful, and smells like my shampoo making me smile because it's something personal that we're sharing.


She was smiling at me like a kid while I dry her hair and she looks so cute doing it. How can a 22 year old full grown woman can look so cute just by sitting on my marble sink wearing that smile on her face?


And why does I look forward to doing this to her until we get old? 


What the hell am I thinking!?


To be honest...


I kind of like it.

 

"Mom always does this to me when I was still a kid." There was sadness in her eyes but she was still smiling.


"Your Mom, was she pretty like you?" She blushed on my slight compliment.


"I'm not pretty..."


"Then you are beautiful.." I said as I continue on drying her long locks. She looked down embarrassed of what I said. I tilted her chin and the blush was still there, she was biting her lips. I want to bite those lips too.


"You're a player, aren't you?"


"That hurts, you know." I feigned shock earning a pinch on my sides. "Ouch~"


"Do you always do this to those girls you sleep with?"


She has this murderous stare that made me gulp, then she suddenly smile grinning at me. "It was a joke Amber, don't take it seriously."


"You're the first girl I slept with..." She frowned on what I said tilting her head to the sides. Oh.. I should rephrase it. "I mean, you're the first girl that... Ahhh! How do I explain this.. paboya Amber!" I mumbled to myself which she found amusing.
"Y-you don't have to explain--"


"You are the first girl that I took home and just literally slept, just sleeping and not doing any ual thing. Changing your clothes was not ual... But your body is y.... Your abs are to die for... I mean... Oh crap! Why am I saying stupid things in front of you now?!"


"I get it... I told you, you don't have to explain.. and i work out before when I was training..." she pouted at me like a kid who just found out that the candy she like is out of stock in the market. I covered her head with the towel and cupped her cheeks making it puff.


"Why are you so... so.."


"Adorable? Cute? Squishy? Puffy?"


Who are you Soojung and why are you making me breathless just by looking at you?


"Where the hell were you all this time?" I smiled at her having a self realization on why the hell did I met this wonderful girl in front of me just last night. Why not the other days or nights or days or months or years.


"In Canada training to be the next Yuna Kim..." she smiled adorably at me while her cheeks are still puff.


"You're an ice skater?" She chuckled at my plain stupidity and looked down shyly.


"You really don't watch news or read newspapers aren't you? That's good... Because you didn't see me fall.." That sadness came back again making me hold her hands. She looked at me with a small smile on her face.


"Krystal Jung... You are Krystal Jung, the ice skater Dani is rambling to me all this time. But Soojung..."
"That's my Korean name..."


"I like it better... Calling you Soojung."


"I don't let anyone call me by my Korean name.. you're one of the few." I laid a light kiss on her hand making her giggle.


"I'm lucky is that it? Being one of the few?" I said wriggling my eyebrows playfully at Soojung making her cover with her hands to control her laughing.


"You're smooth Amber.. what was your last name again?"


"What!? You forgot it already!" I said feigning hurt clutching my chest. She laughed heartily at my stupid expression then her eyes showed playfulness.

I
"Hmmm... I think it's 3 letters." She said biting the tip of her index finger.


Damn... She looks so y just by doing that. From cute to y... You really make me crazy Jung Soojung.


I moved further to her trapping her fully on the marble sink. Making Soojung wrap her good leg on my waist while I let my free hand caress the other one.


"I noticed you like that leg more than the good one.."
I sniggered leaning on her ears. "It needs proper care and attention.."


She nodded her head with a cute smirk on "Fair enough.."


"So.. what was my last name again?" I asked her while tracing my index finger on her knee slowly going up to her thigh. I saw her mew then bit her bottom lips seductively. My head is full of her I want to keep her in this room forever.


"It's Liu... Amber J. Liu.."


"Remember that Soojung... Who knows--"


"It might be my last name... Someday?." I looked at her with wonder in my eyes and chuckled. Speechless Amber, speechless. There was a smug grin on her lips then she looked away smiling.


"Wow... I'm speechless."


"Believe me... Me too." She covered her face with her two hands, looking embarassed at what she said. I took her hands away from her face and wrapped it in my neck making her face me.


"If it will make you feel better, you can say "It's a joke Amber!' then I'll laugh and spazz around in the floor."


"I'm not usually like this, FYI. Sorry if it made you feel weird. I'm not insinuating anything at all or whatever." I nodded at her smiling. She smiled at me too and our eyes met seeing things I saw on it earlier. Beautiful mornings, calm sea, cold breeze, her sunny smile, and wonderful sunsets shared with her in my arms.


I took the towel off her head and brushed aside the wet hair covering her face. My thumb brushing her cheeks with care, tracing her mole, her beautiful nose that I want to kiss. Her lips.. her parted lips waiting for me to be devoured.


I decided to dive in to her when suddenly rapid knocks on the door broke our almost, almost kiss again. Making her turn sideways and my lips landing on her robed shoulder.


"Amber unnie, breakfast is ready!!!"


I groaned at her shoulders making her giggle. "We should dress up.."


"Amber unnie, Krystal-ssi! Did you hear me? I said breakfast is ready!" Really, Dani? I groaned again on her shoulders and gave her a quick kiss there, then straightened up and took a deep breath.


"We are coming Dani-ah! Save our seats!"


"Arasso~!" Shuffling of feet was heard going out of the room then closing it.


I wanna cry in frustration... Daniiiiiiiiiii...You er.. TT


Soojung was laughing softly at my pained expression and pulled me to her hugging me. She placed her head on my shoulders and wrapped her arms on my body patting my back.


Her hug was very comforting.. no one has ever hugged me like that. Jackie always hugs me when I was little and it was comforting in a sisterly kind of way. Soojung's hug was different, it's like our bodies are two pieces of puzzle that got separated. My body after searching for that right piece of puzzle finally found her and the puzzle is complete.


I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her back. Time stood still, we can just hug all day and never let go but our stomach says No. We laughed hearing our rambling stomach and sighed.


"Hop on, you should dress up now or I swear I'm going to rip that robe off your body any minute. Then the ers will come again and ruin the moment." I secured her good leg that was wrapped on my waist while she s her arms on my neck. I carried her on my bedroom and placed her on my bed and started to dress up.


I left her and went to the bathroom again to pick up the wet towels and clothes placing it on the laundry bin to be wash later. When I went back, she's already wearing the basketball shorts I readied for her. She was on the process of wearing my white t-shirt, I can see the Calvin Klein logo of her black bra and her abs. Damn...


Amber control yourself..


Just give her a hairbrush and don't look at her body.
How can I not look at her body if she's that God damn y!?


"Do you have a brush Amber?" She turned to me and saw me standing there with a hair brush in my hand looking like a stupid person again. She rolled her eyes at me and shook her head. I broke from my trance and gave it to her then went to my dresser and changed my wet shirt.


I picked up her knee brace on my study table and kneeled in front of her and helped her wear it. I gave her the glass of honey water that Grandma prepared and urge her to drink it because it will make her feel better. Then I stood up and scooped her again and we went out the room to eat breakfast.


"I'm shy... Your Grandma might think that we... You know.." she murmured to me as we get down on the stairs.


"Just relax... Grandma is a nice person and she wouldn't think bad about you."


"How about Dani and Tia? They saw us this morning! There might be a million scenarios playing in their mind right now.." she hissed at me and pouted cutely.


"If that scenarios are obscene, I will have to scold them because it means they either watch or have done it." I smartly remarked at her earning a pinch on my cheeks which is still red from her slap last night and this morning.

 

 


My reminiscing was cut short when I felt someone kicking my leg across the table. I looked at up and saw Tia eating heartily so it means it's Dani kicking me. She was looking at me mischievously then at Soojung and when the girl beside me looked up from her food, she saw Dani grinning at her.


Soojung blushed and just smiled at Dani then looked at me like telling me I should handle it. But Grandma was fast and she's the one who started the conversation.


"Are you enjoying your food young lady? Do you want some more? I can cook another plate for you if you like." Grandma asked Soojung with a smile on her face. This is what I like about Grandma, she's very hospitable and nice to guests.


"It was delicious Grandma, it's my first time to eat a home cooked meal again. You can call me Soojung, Grandma." She shyly answered Grandma back and continued on eating.


"Soojung.. your name suites you well. You are like a precious chrystal. I hope Amber is treating you well Soojung. You're the first girl she took home and presented to me. Looks like Amber's Friday night will never be the same again." What Grandma said made me sweat. Way to go Grandma..


"S-she was drunk last night Grandma that's why I took her home. I don't know where she was staying t-that's why we..."


"We just s-slept Grandma.." Soojung said biting her lips then realizing what she said, she held on my hand below the table pinching it.


"What she mean is sleeping, she slept the whole night... Grandma."


Grandma laughed softly and patted Soojung's hand trying to calm the girl beside me. "Don't worry Soojung I understood what you said. I know Amber, she wouldn't take advantage of a girl who's unconscious."


I smiled at Grandma thankful at what she did. I saw Tia's hand waiting at Dani then the latter slipped a 10,000 Won. What the hell!? Grandma didn't see it but if she saw Dani and Tia like that their ears will be swollen in no time.


"If it's okay with you Soojung, I would like you to stay for lunch and dinner. Do you have anything to do today? You said it's your first time again to eat a home cooked meal. It's not everyday that Amber brings someone special home.." now it's my turn to blush. Gah! Grandma! I choked on my rice coughing. Soojung patted my back and made me drink water, to the delight of the 2 ers laughing at me.


"Dani-ah..." One word from Grandma and the rascal stopped laughing and sat properly.


Soojung was also controlling her laugh and wiped the rice in my mouth. I just smiled at her still coughing and patted her knee telling her I'm okay and we continued on eating.


"Do you have anything planned today?" I asked her hoping that she will say none.


"Well, there was.." my heart sank when I heard it but it bounced back again from the depths of the sea when she said "But Netflix can wait, right?"


"Oh, Amber unnie has Netflix installed on her TV. She likes watching even late at night because she has insomnia." Dani brightly announced grinning at Soojung. Come to think of it, they do look alike. Maybe if Soojung is as the same age as Dani they'll be mistaken as twins.


"Then it's settled, stay here until til dinner Soojung and I'll prepare home cooked meals you'll never forget. If you will excuse me.." Grandma stood up making us stand up too. Soojung was trying to stand but Grandma stopped her "stay and enjoy the food Soojung. Amber, take care of her. Dani, Tia, wash the utensils, will you?"


"Ne, Grandma."


Grandma went to her room leaving us 4 in the dining table. My right hand searched for her left hand under the table and when I found it, I held it tightly. I looked at her and she gave me a side glance and a knowing smile. She intertwined our fingers and for the first time in my life I felt giddy.


I was smiling widely while spooning the rice on my mouth with my left hand. Tia and Dani whistled and shared a look then smiled at Soojung like kids. What are they planning?!


"Ummm... Unnie.. I mean Krystal-ssi.." Dani started biting her lips unsure of what to say.


"Just call me Soojung unnie.."


"Soojung unnie, thank you for the photo you gave. Tia gave it to me this morning. Can I ask you a favor?"


I raised my eyebrow at Dani on her fangirl mode. Oh yeah, she's like an ultimate fangirl of Krystal Jung. She was always rambling about her and showing me photos but I didn't had the chance to see it because something always happen when I'm going to look at it.


It's either the cord of the laptop will be pulled when she will show me a YouTube video of Krystal Jung skating or I will accidentally pour some water on her magazine or newspaper. That and I don't watch the news so I'm not that updated and I don't have social media accounts just an email account.


"Sure, Dani. What is it?"


Dani and Tia looked at each other and smiled creepily making me cringe.


"Can we take a picture together and post it on Instagram?" I shook my head unbelievably and kicked her under the table.


"Amber!" Soojung reprimanded me and I saw Dani and Tia doing their merong at me.


"No posting on the internet!"


"And why? As if you have an Instagram account."
"Well I don't have and Soojung too."


"It's just a picture Amber unnie..." Dani sulk on her seat crossing her arms. Hey! You're 18 and will be starting in the Uni next week!


Soojung pulled my ear making me squirm. Aww. "It's okay Dani. You can post it on the internet and no one will even care about it. It's just an innocent photo Amber.."


"Everyone will know you're in Jeju.."


"And so? Everyone saw me arrived in the airport yesterday and they don't give a damn. And if ever someone wants an autograph or photo I oblige."


"She's like that unnie because she doesn't like being photographed. I remember the media coming here in groups in her first year here in Jeju. They were looking for Amber J. Liu the 4 time Champion Hockey player from L.A." Soojung looked at me with interest and I shyly shrugged my shoulders.


"We cut her hair short and the media didn't even recognized her even in the coffee shop she was working on. The person they were looking for was literally just in front of them serving their coffee. It was epic! When they realized that Amber is not in Jeju and the rumor was false, they all went home without a photo of her."


I just nodded at Soojung affirming what Tia said. I sighed and gave out my right hand at the 2 in front of us forgetting that our hands are intertwined. The 2 whistled at the sight of me and Soojung holding hands grinning. I kicked her again under the table and gave out my left hand trying to downplay what happened. Soojung was blushing and grinning at the same time. She rolled her eyes at me and pulled our hands under the table again.


"Give me your phone! I'll take your picture!"


"No need Amber unnie, I have a selfie stick." Wow. The rascal is prepared, showing it to me. Soojung laughed at me and waved at the two to come over us so we can take the picture.


"Do I look okay? I mean.. do I look pale?" Soojung asked Dani as Tia is busy tapping on the iPhone setting it. She gave the stick to me indicating that I should be the one to take our photo.


"Of course not! You look beautiful unnie!"


"How about me?" I said brushing my bangs.


"You look okay. Don't bother fixing your hair! Just take the damn photo!" A few clicks and we finished the photo op with Dani showing it to Soojung.


There is something about the two of them but I don't want to rush things. Maybe I'll just ask Soojung later on.


"Soojung unnie, choose the photo you like then I'll post it on my Instagram." She chosed a photo where her chin is resting in my right shoulder with Dani beside her and Tia at my side.


I looked at her teasingly while the 2 teens went back to their seats tapping on their phones. She raised her eyebrow at me and looked at her plate.


"Okay! I already uploaded it! Look unnie!" Dani showed her phone to Soojung and she burst out laughing covering . I took the phone and saw why she is laughing.


The rascal put a sticker of a monkey to cover my face! My beautiful, handsome face! Likes poured in a few seconds it was posted and comments appeared.


"Wow! Dani-ah! You're so lucky!"


"I saw her in Lotte Hotel and she is an angel! I'm just shy to take a picture of her."

 

"Who's that monkey beside her? Why not edit that monkey out? :P Please" - Joey


"Is that her boyfriend? He's so lucky!"


"Dani please crop the monkey out, it ruins the picture. :P 🙈🙈 - Joey.

 

"A MONKEY!? I'm the great Amber J. Liu, I'm not a monkey! Dani-ah! Why did you out that sticker on my face?"


Dani smirked at me and sassily said "If I posted your face in Instagram the internet world will go crazy because 1) It will prove the fact that you are living here and 2) Obviously, a scandal will break out. You are the great Amber J. Liu the retired sports superstar and she's Krystal Jung, the future of ice skating and the next Yuna Kim. Your faces plastered together in Instagram looking like a sweet married couple will take the internet by storm."


She has a point though.


"Actually Dani has a point Amber. You wouldn't want foreign media having a feast on that photo. No one will notice it's you in the photo and the people will just shrugged it out."


"But a monkey?! Come on! Why not a llama!? Or a bear?"


The 3 girls looked at me murderously while crossing their arms. They are creeping me out, Soojung and Dani has the same pose making me shudder.