Axel - 49

Edges and Toe Picks

A/N: Hey chingus! Second update for today hope you like it. 

 

Thank you to all our subscribers!

Peace yow! ✌

-------------

 

"Hey Jackjack! Are you hungry? Are you a good doggy? Come here baby.." our newly acquired puppy came rushing to me wagging his cute energetic tail. While his partner Gongju lounge lazily on her pillow like a princess she is wagging, her tail.

 

Bfzlb7gIEAA9Pn8.jpg


"Meow~.." before I forgot, we also have a cat circling my feet now rubbing her head on my ankle.

 


I gave him a treat while patting his head. I sat down beside Gongju and lifted my princess placing her on my lap. I also gave her a treat and kissed her head when Jackjack also jumped on my lap and started my face.


"Oh, you want another treat from Eomma baby? Here you go.."


"Arf! Arf!" Looks like they love it. Tuna the cat purred at my feet tickling me.


"Meow~"


"Why does it seem like you love smelling Eomma's feet? You're like your mom, she also loves smelling that hehehe..." I reached for Tuna's head patting it too.


Yeah, I know. The original plan was to get one dog first and the rest after the kids have arrive. But we were so in love with the two chihuahuas' when we saw them, that breaking them apart will be a heartbreak.

 

large.jpg


They were like a couple, inseparable at their cage when we went to the pet shop. It was like a sin to break them apart. And plus they remind us of our selves.

 

amber02414png.png


Gongju is Krystal and Jackjack is Amber. When together they are KryBer. I sound like Fat Amy from our good friend Anna Kendrick's hit movie. The name Gongju which means 'Princess' because the puppy acts like one. Jack Jack from Amber's sister, Jackie because she misses her sister. Tuna, because of my love for sushi and tuna.


Tuna was an additional because I fell in love with her color and trait and I've always adored cats. Amber said Gongju is me when sweet and ladylike, while Tuna is me when mad, moody, and naughty. The pet shop owner earned big from us purchasing 3 animals in one day plus a picture and autograph to be displayed on their counter.


We also bought a small teepee to serve as their home placing it on the living area. They have their own corner on our house with the teens playing with them every now and then.


The two puppies became our jogging companion in the morning circling the park. We wake up at 5:00 am to jog with them. Leading the way is Jackjack bouncing up and down full of energy pulling a sleepy Amber. While Gongju struts her stuff like a princess running with grace as I run behind holding her rein.


After our jog in the park we will go home and start preparing breakfast. Sometimes Shannon wakes up early and prepares the breakfast knowing that I'm on a diet because of my training.


Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday, we'll go together and drop me off first in Luna unnie's clinic/gym/studio to do my classes, workout, and some strengthening on my legs. While she goes straight to the university for her work on the team. Thursday-Friday-Saturday is for an all-day skate practice on and off ice with Jess, Yuri, and Amber.


And Sunday is reserved for rest and spending time with the family. I can just laze around in our bed half a day like Gongju, with Amber spooning me.


So now, our kids are ganging up on me, on the floor, because it's Sunday and they know I will be spoiling them with treats and playing with them on the backyard. Amber was doing the laundry and when I went to our balcony overlooking the backyard, she was already hanging the newly laundered towels.


She was wearing a muscle shirt showing her arms and a basketball shorts. Her back was facing us busy on her chore. A bright idea came into my mind making me smirk mischievously.


"Come on kids... let's play with mom~...." we ran downstairs with Jackjack and Gongju following me. Tuna stayed in the balcony too lazy to go down. With me is my water gun slinging on my shoulders ready for combat and Amber's snap back I'm wearing backwards.


The teens are out and will be back tonight so we have the house all by ourselves. I don't know about the Kwon household, the master of the house might be staying indoors too because Yuri got drunk last night drinking her precious wine with Vic.


I tiptoed my way out of the house shushing the energetic Jackjack but they still trailed behind me.

 

 

 


Silently I crawled on the grass...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Like a ninja approaching my target..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Almost there...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 


And yes, I'm finally behind her, like a wind undetected because she's busy listening to music with a headphone on her ears.

 


"Quiet Jackjack..." I hissed at my baby but he just looked at me with his tongue hanging from his mouth just like his mom.

 


Now what do we have here~ wide shoulders, y tattooed arms, nice ...~ hmmm....

 


My eyes lingered on that nice and bit my lips smirking, ready to attack.

 


I would like a bite babe, but that can wait.

 


It's time.

 

 

 

 


In

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


3

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


2

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


1

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"YAH!!!!!!!! JUNG SOOJUNG!!! OUCH!!"

 


"TAG! CATCH ME IF YOU CAN MONKEY!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!"

 


"ARRRRGGGGHHH!!!!!!!! SOOJUNG-AH!!!! YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS!!!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Oh yeah, I pulled her shorts together with her Calvin Klein boxers down to her ankle surprising the clueless monkey. I took a quick pinch on that delicious cheeks and connected my left knee to the back of her legs making Amber lose her balance kneeling on the grass.

 


Forgive me babe... I just want to play 😉

 


She scrambled on the grass trying to pull her shorts up at the same time dodging the water I'm shooting on her. The puppies yapping and jumping trying to get her attention because they know it's.... play time!!!

 


"That small is such a cutie!"

 


"WAIT TIL I GET MY HANDS ON YOU SOOJUNG!"

 


"Catch me If you can~ " we ran around the backyard laughing at each other. I continued on shooting her with my powerful water gun making her drench.


"Arf! Arf arf! Arf!" Come on Jackjack distract mom! Help Eomma! 


"You'll never get away from me Jung Soojung! This very hands will get its way to your cute when I catch you!"


"Oooohh..... How scary~ hahaha!"

 

"Why you!!" 


We ran in circles on the grass until she corners me on the fence. I kept on shooting water on her to slow down her attack but I guess I forgot to bring a spare ammunition.


"Oooohh.... Got no ammos now ninja? Want to refill?" She smirked like a devil at me making me gulp. She's mad and drench in water all over. I smiled at her clenching my teeth trying to squeeze the life out of my water gun but failed.


I pouted at her cutely, grinning "Can I, please?"


"Sureeeeee!!!"


"Eekkk!!!"

 

 


She suddenly grabbed my waist and lifted me bridal style then went to a run.


"You want a refill huh... Here you go!"


"Amber!!!"


*Splash!!!*

 


She jumped on the pool with me clinging on her neck making my linen pajama and t-shirt wet, clinging on my body. I gasped for air when our heads popped up on the surface of the water. Amber was holding me on my waist assisting me while laughing non-stop.


"Look what you've done babe... I almost pulled the freshly laundered towels out of the line. What were you thinking you little tease.." I wrapped my hands on her neck pouting like a kid "I just want to play and the kids too.... You were taking so long!"


"I was just finishing it when you attacked me like a ninja lurking behind my back. God! You surprised me big time! Pinching my like that!? It hurts!" I dipped my hand underwater into the back of her shorts massaging her assaulted cheeks.


"There... Better?" I smiled at her breaking out of my ninja self. She carried me to the side of the pool and trapped me there smirking. "I know what's going on in that mind Amber Liu. No! We're too out in the open!"


"But no one's around Soojung-ah... They will be back by dinnertime, it's just 3:00 in the afternoon." She started untying the ribbon of my pajama smirking ily at me. "We're in our own house, gated, secured, and no one around. No paparazzis to take our pictures to post online."


"How about Yuri and Kyungie?! They might be lurking around!" I hissed at Amber slapping her arms lightly. But deep inside me the excitement of doing it without any distraction was already working me up. "And so? They won't be lurking around. They left this afternoon to Kyungie's apartment to get some stuffs. It's just us here babe.." She managed to pull it down together with my undies and started to kiss me playfully, bringing my legs to her waist wrapping it there. So the sweet punishment started....

 

 

--------

 


We spent an hour or two skinny dipping and playing, the laundry totally forgotten. By around 5:00 pm we raised from the water and went to our room to shower and change clothes. After that I cleaned the mess we made and she started cooking dinner before the teens arrive.


Gongju was lounging on my lap while I seat at the top of the kitchen island munching on some cereals while Jack Jack lazily rolls on their teepee obviously trying to engage Tuna to play with her. The puppy was poking the cat playfully on its face but the latter didn't even flinch. Tuna just turned her head to Jack Jack and purred at him.


"Look at your son! She's poking Tuna! The cat doesn't even gave a fudge on him and just purred. He still wants to play even if he jumped around all day following me." Hmmmm.... Her cooking smells delicious! Bibimbap!


"And look at that baby on your lap... Put her down now on their bed and let's eat babe." She took Gongju from my lap and placed on the floor. The puppy sat on the floor waiting for me to get down. I raised my arms on Amber asking to be carried and she lifted me up from the island and carefully placed my feet on the floor too. "Such a baby.." she playfully scoff at me pinching my .


"Yah! Stop that!" Laughing, I slapped her arms grinning and lead our puppy to their corner and gave them food. They happily munch on the dog treats and Tuna on her cat food. I went back to Amber and sat on my seat waiting for the food.


She served Bibimbap and I ate heartily. It's cheat day so I can eat as many as I want because tomorrow will be hell day. Back to my routine again. Amber wiped the side of my mouth smeared with gochujang, smiling. I smiled at her too and made beautiful eyes as token of appreciation for her hard work today and the good food she made for tonight.

 


"You like the food?" She asked me while rubbing the back of my neck in a soothing way.


"Of course, it's my favorite so I love it. Same as how I love the chef who prepared it.." I winked at her making her laugh pinching my nose. I fed her from my bowl wiping the sauce on her lips with my thumb then it.


"We still have two weeks before we leave for Helsinki... Are you excited Soojung?" I tilted my head on the side staring at my food. "I am excited... And a bit nervous. I'm still thinking if I should do that jump again..."


What if I fail again? My knee is fully healed but as what injured athletes always fear, a recurring injury is a nightmare.


As if she read what's on my mind, Amber reached for my left hand and connected her right hand on it palm to palm.


"Whatever happens, this hands won't break apart.." she intertwined our fingers kissing the back of my hands and smiled at me with a soft look in her eyes "Because I know you can do it Soojung... And if in case it happens again, you don't have to worry. I'll always be here with you like what I promised... You're not alone on this journey."


My eyes watered on what Amber said. Mom, I chose well.. right? I hope Mom was still alive so I can introduce this loving person in front of me now. She'll love Amber for sure.


She brushed away the tears on my eyes laughing softly in my moment. I slapped her arms lightly chuckling and laughed along with her.


"Let's visit Mom next week, can we?"


"We will.."

 

 

 

We talked about Jess and her now growing feelings for her best friend. She said she plans to confess to Sooyoung a week before our flight to Helsinki. I already gave a heads up to Sooyoung unnie and she said it's time. They already went to group dates and two times with only the two of them. Soo has been testing unnie all those times and I hope unnie will pass.


"I heard Dani talking on her phone last night at the pool side. Seems like they are fighting.." I told Amber while I eat a spoon of Green tea ice cream.


Amber shook her head clicking her tongue "Tsk tsk tsk.... Maybe because Jackson is busy these days. They are always having hockey practice preparing for the Finals. Add to that that he's graduating and running for honors that's why he's busy."


I brought the spoon to Amber's mouth feeding her "She has her own studies to think about, not just Jackson."


The teens came home from their trip, Dani was looking grim and serious. When I asked Tia about, she said the couple argued at the mall because Dani wants to watch a movie but the boyfriend said not to because there's school tomorrow. My sister went upstairs to her room not eating dinner.


Amber rubbed my back and whispered to me "I'll handle her, just stay here." She went upstairs to Dani's room and talked to my sister.


I would love to knock some sense on her but Tia said she already did on the way home. She said my sister was nagging the guy while driving home, making Jackson silent the whole drive. Tsk tsk... If she keeps on doing that he might get tired of her, looks like Jackson's patience is being tested.

 

--------------

 

Jessica's POV

 


"Hey duckface.." Soo called from the driver's seat while we're stuck in traffic. We just had a nice dinner with Yoona and Seohyun, Fany and Taeyeon. My mind wandering outside the car window thinking of Soo's action earlier.


Our interactions was normal, too normal that I'm wondering if Soo really likes me more than a friend. It's still the same bickering and playful friendship. The only difference is when she held my hand under the table the whole duration of the dinner.


"I-i'm just thinking... Nothing to worry about Walking stick.." I smiled at her but I think she noticed that it didn't reach my eyes.


Her hand reach for mine and squeezed it. "If you're​ thinking about what is happening to us Jessica, then why don't we talk about us?" She smiled at me and intertwined our fingers, placing it at the top of the car stick.


Whatever Soo will say, I'm not gonna give up on her. I already did a lot of thinking this past few months ever since I found out about her feelings for me.


"You heard us..." What?!


I gave her a confused look not understanding what she said. She flicked my forehead and chuckled at me. Cars honking outside because of a traffic jam.


"What do you mean?"


She sighed and played with my fingers "Me and Yoona... You heard us that night, didn't you?" Oh..


Wait a minute.....


She knew?!


"You knew I was there!?"


She brought my wrist on her nose smelling it then grinned "Penhanligon's Lilly of the Valley... Your scent eversince we were teenagers." My eyes turned wide realizing that she must have sniffed my scent when we were inside the bathroom. "I will know that scent even if you're inside a room pack of people, what more if we were just three inside an enclosed powder room. That was my gift to you back then and you started using it becoming your official perfume."


"Then why didn't you tell me before Soo?" An ambulance passed by hurrying to save a life from the accident, the reason of the traffic jam. While my heart thumps wildly inside my chest waiting for Sooyoung's answer. I turned my body facing her, my face full of questions asking for an answer.


Because vacationing in Jeju and finding myself again made me realize that the feelings I buried before was still there. Like what Soojung said, I should think twice before doing anything to hurt Soo. And I did.


It made me realize that I was looking everywhere for someone who will make me happy, even letting go of a very precious person and falling in love to a wrong guy almost ruining my life. When all the while, that person who was willing to make me happy was just beside me all along without asking for anything in return.


Even if she's not asking for anything, I'm willing to give her everything.


"Jess... Tell me, if I did tell you about my feelings before are you going to reciprocate those tingly, giddy, and carefree feelings I have for you? Aren't you gonna be shock and confuse with yourself?"


"Yes..." She looked at me narrowing her eyes not believing what I said. I glared at her and smacked her head repeatedly "Yes I will!... If you didn't declare that stupid 'Bestest Best Friend' bull, i shouldn't have cried hard that night! I could have declared my feelings on that day when we were in Senior year! I shouldn't have been close with Donghae! We could have been married now and planning our family like Tae and Fany!!"


"Aww! Jessica! That hurts!"


"You idiot!


"Aww! Aww! Wait!"

 


"CHOI SOOYOUNG! HOW DARE YOU TO KEEP THAT FROM ME!!! HOW DARE YOU TO HIDE IT FROM ME!!! WE ARE FRIENDS, BEST OF FRIENDS! I WAS IN LOVE WITH YOU WHEN WE WERE 15.... AND I JUST REALIZE THAT I AM STILL IN LOVE WITH YOU AFTER MONTHS OF THINKING AND FINDING MYSELF, ASKING MYSELF ON WHY I AM SO STUPID TO NOT FEEL YOUR LOVE FOR ME OVER THE YEARS! THINKING THAT IT WAS JUST ONE SIDED!! TELL ME!! TELL ME!!! UMM! UMM! TAKE THAT!!"

 


"WAIT!!" She held both of my hands stopping me from giving her a concussion. I lifted my right leg trying to kick her but I failed and hurt myself in the process.


"Are you alright?! Let me see your leg!"


"What?! You just want to touch me! Ouch~.."


"I don't touch someone without their permission. So please, will you let me see your leg as a physician not a normal byuntae person like you... Ouch! Jessica!"


"Why do we have to be stuck in traffic!!!!!"


"So... You love me huh..." She muttered under her breath while looking at the car in front of us. Her lips has a slight tug controlling her smile. I massage the part of my leg that was hurting while looking outside my window nodding.


"More than a friend?"


I turned my head to her and her face was near mine, her eyes having that soft look reflecting my image. Her brown eyes showing emotions comforting my soul.


"Yes... More than that."


"You do know that if we become a couple, it will change everything between us."


I nodded at her losing myself in her eyes. She held my hand kissing it's back softly. My eyes start to water due to the overwhelming feeling I'm having on my heart.

 


"And you do know that if we become a couple, I will have to kiss you like this..." She bridged the gap between our faces and connected our lips in the most unexpected way for me. Her lips was soft... Like how I remembered it when we had a sleepover in our house back then in High School, she was sleeping and I stole a kiss from her. It was moving slowly with my lips like it was molded together. She broke our kiss and we smiled at each other, knowing that it's going to be an awesome night.


Even if we are stuck in traffic inside a tunnel. With ambulance going back and forth to the accident scene. The police cars coming and investigating the scene, people, passengers, drivers getting hot headed because of the traffic. We don't care. Because inside this car, we have each other.


"Are you willing to be in a relationship with me Jessica?" I cupped her face with my hand feeling her warmth. My eyes seeing our future together on her eyes, eating french fries together in that same booth at the Sports bar. Our eyes beaming with happiness while looking at each other.


"Yes... Yes Soo. I am..." she smiled and placed her hand over mine cupping her cheeks. Her eyes was glassy, obviously teary.


She took a deep breath as I carress her face memorizing each corner of her beautiful face. I love her and I want to be with her. No excess baggage, no regrets, no more heartache. I've had enough... My own happiness is just beside me all along while I get my heart broken in the process.


"Good... Because me too... I've been waiting for this... For a long time."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------

 

This chapter is dedicated to the late Liu Gongju (2012-2015). Puppy you will always be in KryBer shippers' heart for giving joy to your parents.