Lutz - 17

Edges and Toe Picks

A/N: Hey chingus! Who's still very much awake waiting for an update?! Here you go!

 

----------

 


Amber's POV

 


2 months.


It took 2 months for our 'scandal' to die on its own. Like what Victoria and Jessica said, no statements was release and Dispatch never followed up on the story. But netizens are good, they can dig up anything in a matter of seconds.


An international fan of Soojung saw our photo where my side profile was visible. That's when my identity was revealed. We made the late night news again, with a story of finding out that it was Amber J. Liu that pretty ice skater Krystal Jung is dating with. Ex- L.A. Galaxy player and 4-time MVP of NHL.

 

Investor, former UN Ambassador of Goodwill, cold and aloof and rarely photograph athlete in the world. Went in hiding for 3 years after retirement to live a quiet life, earning millions of dollars in investments at start up companies and endorsements. The most elusive international player being photographed kissing the pretty and talented Krystal Jung, the face of ice skating and Yuna Kim's successor. 


There was positive feedbacks and of course negative feedbacks. Korea is still not comfortable seeing two female personalities express their feelings that way. Some are accepting, some are mad. Some feedbacks are just too damn funny to be mad with. Soojung actually makes fun of the comments, even reading out loud with feelings while we read it.


"Krystal Jung and Amber Liu actually looks good together. They are a good looking couple. I'm happy for Krystal because she's happy and recovering fast."


"That Amber J. Liu must come back to the US! She's just distracting Krystal's training! Saranghae Krystal-ssi!"


"Next thing we knew, Krystal Jung is already good in Hockey. A different kind of hockey *wink wink*"


She burst out laughing reading that last comment. Her face red in her fits of laughter. Me just staring at her beautiful face while we hang out in their couch one morning. Jessica already went to the University for the daily training, she was leaving when I was going to knock on their door.


She gave me the eye with a warning that the dining table is off limits. Seriously, I don't get what she's saying. Where the hell are we going to eat the waffles I brought for breakfast, in the floor?! Jess told me that after I drive Soojung to Luna's clinic I should head out to the ice rink because she needs me to drill the players.


"Babe, we should go to Luna now. I promised your sister that I'll drive you there in time." I look up to her lying on top of me in the couch holding her phone. She was in between my legs and i can feel how the zipper of her denim shorts graze my crotch innocently. Everytime she God damn moves it brushes in my... my... yes there. Making me a little uncomfortable down there.


It's been 2 months... 2 months 20 days 6 hours 30 minutes since we've been together and we haven't done the deed. I'm not complaining! We both know we can't and I promised her that we're going to do it once her knee is healed. But sometimes you just really feel the urge but all I do is just take a very cold shower.


"Just a few more minutes babe, I'm still texting Jinri.."


Sweat trickle down my face when she moved again making me bite my lips in frustration. Soojung. You're actually semi ing me without you knowing.


"All done! Let's go!" With that I released a deep breath that she noticed. "What happened to you babe? Are you okay?" She reached for my sweaty forehead and checked for my temperature.


"I'm okay... Let's go.." or God help me if I lose myself we'll never go out of your room for the whole day and forget about your therapy. Not now that your recovering faster than I expected.


"You're a bit hot.... You sure you're okay babe? We can just stay here and I'll tell Luna that I'll just continue tomo--"


"No! I mean... No Soojung, we must go to your t-therapy. Come on babe let's get you up."


She doesn't use crutches anymore and she can already walk without assistance. Luna's therapy on her is great and she can already do a few lapses of jogging in the threadmill. They already do some knee exercises and strengthening, also some stretching.

 

------------

 


It became our everyday routine. I'll drive Tia and Dani to school early, then go to Soojung's house just 5 minutes away and drive her to Luna's clinic, then I'll go back to school for staff meetings with the hockey coaching staff, do some drills and exercises, fetch Soojung in the clinic then we'll go eat lunch or dinner with her sister, Dani, and Tia.


Sometimes if she's available, Yuri joins us or she'll cook something in her house and bring it to mine. My cousin seems to be doing fine, she and Jessica talk when it's about work but there's always this barrier between them. Yuri's comfortable when there are people around them but when it's just the two of them that's where she's doing her fidgeting.


I know she's slowly fighting it, Jessi is helping her overcome those monsters. The 5 feet away thing became a 3 feet away thing. Yuri told her what happened that night when they went to her house to get the bottle of wine. Jessica told her that she's still in love with Yuri but the latter just wants to be friends. The older Jung was determined to get her cousin's heart again and she can see how Jessica looks at Yuri.


Dating with Soojung has its ups and downs. Sure we can go out and date like a normal couple, go to movies and strolls in the Han river park. What's annoying is sometimes there's a one or two paparazzis trailing us, documenting what we are doing. I mean, come on! Even people around us respect our alone time together, they'll just ask for an autograph from Soojung and a photo then they won't bother us anymore. My girlfriend is a gracious person if they want a photo they can ask the two of us and surely my girl will oblige. But sneaking behind us and just clicking and clicking in whatever we do is a bit troublesome now. I can't even give a peck in my girl's lips without checking the surroundings. Afraid of being caught again doing that is not on my list since Soojung scolded me for dishing out that large sum of money just to get our photos out of Dispatch.


Like now, we're in a secluded cafe that we frequent because it's near my house and people are nice having her fix of caffeine and sweets after her therapy when the annoying 2 eggheads of paparazzis appeared to be hiding just 5 tables away from us. Soojung was enjoying her bread and cream puff when I noticed a flash burst out. I took a deep breath and shook my head in annoyance.


Soojung noticed it and just shrugged. "They'll never stop, those two. I'm already familiar with their faces that I know who they are even if they're on the other side of the street. Sometimes I pity them, especially when it's raining. They're just teens, probably the same age as Dani and Tia."


"They're annoying me now... we can't even enjoy a nice meal without being followed by them. What's interesting about us? Is it because I'm hot?!" She stuffed a piece of bread in my mouth muffling me from saying something again.


"Yes you are hot, just don't announce it that loud. Eat babe, don't mind them. Come on, chew that llama and eat these greens." I followed her command and ate like a good llama that I am. She was looking at the table where the two shutterbugs at and raised her hands waving at them.


"Yah! Jung Soojung! What are you doing?!" I hissed at her but she just continued her waving, signalling the two to come to our table.


"If we can't lose them, then let them join us babe." She smiled wickedly at me and shoved to my mouth a forkful of greens. The two were still contemplating if they will heed to Soojung's request, their faces show embarassment for being caught. They look like teens, barely adult. They should be studying not following us around taking our photos.


Soojung kept on waving at them to come forward, this girl is really something. Instead of snobbing these 2 eggheads and calling a police to make them go away, she made a move instead and invited the 2 giving them VIP access.

 

---------


The two girls stood up from their table and approached us hiding their cameras at their back. As if I didn't saw her wielding it and taking a photo of us a while ago! They stopped in front of our table looking down at their shoes not knowing what to do. One of the girls with long hair bowed to us rubbing her hands.


"Please forgive us!" She looked at her friend urging her to bow too. The latter joined her in bowing to us not looking at our faces. I saw my girl winked at me wickedly urging me to join the fun. She automatically changed into her resting face and crossed her arms.


"You can face us now girls, don't be shy." The two tentatively raised their heads with worry on their faces. I pulled on a serious face looking at them while sipping my Bobba. I saw how they cringe when they saw Soojung's face looking at them intently.


"Krystal-ssi, please forgive us! We're just doing this to earn some money for our studies! Please don't call the police!" This long haired girl has a likeness with a very famous actress, like she's the mini version of her. The other girl looks like a half breed... I mean half and half. You know what I mean!


Soojung was just silent, eyeing the two girls. She has this frown on her face that indicates she's thinking. In the short months that we've been together I started to know Soojung's expression and how she thinks. That look on her eyes shows one thing, compassion.


She cleared and thumped her fingers in the table. The two girls, still standing in front of us look so troubled. But what made me take a second look at them is their hollow cheeks and eyebags. I knew in an instant why Soojung called them.


"I'll forgive the two of you.." their faces lits up looking at each other with wonder. "If you will join us in our table today." Soojung smiled at me asking for my permission and i nodded at her with a smile too and asked them. "Have you had your lunch girls?"


They were blinking while looking back at forth, from me to Soojung. They can't believe that we're treating them good. Maybe they're thinking that we're just acting and we're going to call the police later.


Soojung gave them a kind smile and put her chin on my left shoulders looking at them "Have a seat girls and we'll talk. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, don't think twice. It's Amber J. Liu here asking you if you have eaten."


"I'm not the face of skating here, you are babe. You're the famous one not me." I motioned them to seat in front of us and they shyly went to the seats.
I called on the server and ordered a new basket of bread, a pot of coffee, 2 plates of pasta and another serving of Creme Brulee for my Soojung. She loves that dessert on this cafe, that's the reason we frequent this place because she can finish 3 servings of it in 1 seating every cheat day.


"So girls, care to tell us why the two of you follows us everywhere?" I raised my eyebrow at them. They squirm in their seats rubbing their hands together. The half looking girl grinning at me and Soojung while the long haired girl scratches the back of her neck.


"Amber-ssi... Please don't be mad at us.. Krystal-ssi... We are terribly sorry if we always trail the two of you. We need to earn some money to pay for our school needs."


Soojung looked at their faces, studying it again. She's checking if the long haired girl is saying the truth. Soojung has this talent of knowing if the person in front of her is lying or saying the truth. She doesn't like liars because of what happened to her Mom and Dad. That's why I learned early on our relationship to always say the truth to her even if sometimes it leads to petty fights that can be fix with a simple make out session and sorry.


"What are your names? And why do you need to earn money like that? You can just take a part time work or something." Soojung said still looking at the girls.


"My name is Do-yeon.." the long haired, doe eyed girl said.


"Mine is Ah Rum Krystal-ssi but you can call me Shannon. That's my English name.." she grinned at us bowing.


"Do-yeon and Shannon.. you look like good kids. You could have spent your time studying or doing part time job to earn money. I just noticed that the two of you always spend your time following us. Kids, you can approach me and ask for a photo I'll oblige."


"You don't have to follow us around kids, sometimes you ruin our moments.." I muttered the last line earning an elbow to my stomach from Soojung.


"Amber!" Ouch. That hurts.


The girls, Do-yeon and Shannon laughed softly at our silly banters. The food arrived and we urged them to eat what I ordered. We found out that they are studying in KU under the scholarship program. Both of them grew up in the orphanage never knowing who their parents are.


The photos they take of us is being compiled into a photo book then they sell it online. I mean, wow! Me and Soojung's photo is being compiled in a photo book? That's completely absurd! They said we have a fanbase all over the country that is curious in our day to day lives. The money they earn they use to pay for their projects and school activities since the orphanage cannot finance their needs.


The photos they captured for the past few days is going to be their payment for their dorm. It's easy money, Shannon said. Do-yeon said they haven't eaten since last night because they use their last money to buy a book they need in their course. Sometimes just to have something to eat, they do part time job as dishwasher and server in a Pojang Macha in exchange of food for dinner. They have their lunch at the school cafeteria since it's free for the students.


I looked at the two teens watching them eat heartily. They really are hungry based on the how they eat. I can see myself and Jackie in them back then we were students trying to survive everyday. We also did everything just to make money, to pay for our rent and money to eat.


Soojung held my hand under the table and placed her head at my shoulders looking at me. That look in her eyes says it all. She knew what I'm thinking, because I told my life story to her from the start. What I love about Soojung is her heart, how she is willing to help those in need. She said she's been privileged to have a sister that cares for her and a girlfriend that loves her. It's time to give help to those girls in need like how I helped Dani with her needs.


Whatever she have in her mind right now, I'll support her fully. Because I know it's for the good of these girls. She gave me that special smile of hers earning a kiss from me on her forehead.


"Girls, I'll give you a deal." The two girls looked at each other and to Soojung. I let my girlfriend say her piece because I know it's her specialty.


"Amber and I will let you take our photos for today. Make it a photo book and sell it online. But that will be the last photo book you'll sell because starting tomorrow, Amber and I will pay for your school fees and we will give the two of you an allowance. Pack your bags and we'll pick the two of you tomorrow on this cafe. You're going to stay in Amber's house and share a room." Their eyes turned wide on what they heard. I chuckled at their reaction and smiled at them.


"W-why are you doing this to us? We're strangers... stalkers even. Why do you want to help us?" Do-yeon was teary eyed asking me. I clasped my hand on the table and smiled at her.


"Because there was a time in my life that I'm also like the two of you. You're lucky my girlfriend here has a cat like eye, she saw the good in you and your friend here." Soojung pinched my sides embarassed at what I said. I draped my arms around her and pulled her to me.


"I hope you and Shannon is not weirdedo outon us." Soojung said playing with my hand looking down. She looked at the two with a warm smile "Society tends to look at me and Amber differently. We're not the normal couple that you see in the streets of Seoul. But we don't care because we love each other and we don't do anything bad to the community. I'm still an ice skater and what we have didn't change me, I felt even more motivated to get back to the international stage and try to break my own record. We just wanted to help kids like you and be better individuals in the future." 

 

She intertwined our hands and smiled at Shannon and Do-yeon who are now wiping the tears in their eyes. Gratitude written on their faces bowing non-stop to us.

 

 

 

 

 

That night, she asked permission from Jessica to have a sleepover at my place. Reasoning that she will help me to set up the guest room for our new 'kids' and also to talk to Dani and Tia about the new addition. Jessica unnie agreed and whispered to me while Soojung is preparing her things inside her room.


"I see that you haven't touch my sister. Impressive Liu.."


"Yah! I-I'm not some kind of a maniac to jump on your sister immediately. I respect her and I also think about her injury first." I told her while blowing air. , why does Jess always ask about the thing?!


She just nodded comically and continued on playing on her phone. Then she suddenly spoke again without looking at me.


"Sometimes, Soojung talks in her sleep."


"Jjinja... That's new. She doesn't talk when she sleeps in my place. She snores." I chuckled remembering the other night when I was woken up by a loud snore. I thought there was someone on the room. Turns out it was my sleeping girlfriend snoring beside me dead tired from her therapy and work out. I roused her from her sleep and made her roll on top of me because it's her favorite sleeping position.


"Yeah...she calls you in her sleep... sometimes I hear her make noises.."


"N-noises? What kind of noises?" I unconsciously swallowed an invisible lump on my throat.


"You know... Like a moan or something.. sometimes she's whimpering. I woke her up last time because she's really a mess and her hands were clenched in the sheets. She was calling your name weirdly, like asking for something... When she woke up, she went straight to the bathroom and stayed there for an hour under the showers." Sweat suddenly trickled on my forehead imagining what Jessica said.


Soojung's door was slightly open and I can see her inside bent over her cabinet wearing her denim shorts and white V-neck shirt drenched in sweat looking for something. Her long legs saying hello to me, inviting. My eyes trailed her move from her legs to her , her firm that I love to squeeze over her shorts when we make out. I don't dare put my hands inside her shorts, I want her to ask for it. Beg for it.


She slowly stood up fanning herself, then raked her fingers on her beautiful hair that I love to smell. Just thinking about the smell of her hair gives me goosebumps all over. . The effect she has on me. She bundled her hair into a top bun and wipe the sweat on her face with her shirt exposing her delicious flat 11 abs that I love seeing whenever she works out. I unconsciously bit my lips seeing that magnificent set of abs.


"Love what you seeing Amber?" I turned to Jessica with an open mouth and saw her still on her phone texting whoever it is.


"Y-YEAH.... I mean ah...er... s-she's she's b-beautiful.. your sister is b-beautiful." Stupid Amber. ert Amber.


"Of course, she's my sister. By the way, your cousin said Dani and Tia is at her house and she cooked dinner. She asked me if I want to join them earlier but I declined. I have a night out with my friends tonight so please just tell her that I'll see her tomorrow in practice." She was still texting not looking at me. I heard Soojung's door close and saw her dragging her overnight bag to me.

 

 

 


"Oh my God! Amber!" She quickly walked up to me pinching the bridge of my nose. "You're having a nosebleed !"

 

 

 


Oh. I didn't see that coming.