Salchow - 36

Edges and Toe Picks

A/N: Hey chingus! I got an update for today! 

That's all hehe..

Thank you to all our subscribers! 

Peace yow! ✌

------

 

Krystal's POV

 

"Achoo!~" Yuri unnie sneezes on our couch looking like a reindeer with her red runny nose. It's the day before her birthday, but the main girl is sneezing her brains out spreading germs in our home this one fine morning.


Our Home. I feel giddy just by saying those words.


"Unnie, maybe it's better if you skip work today and just rest?" I told her while fixing Amber's sandwich that she'll bring to work. I'll be meeting Victoria and Luna later for our menu plans tomorrow night. Then Kyungie will join us after her work, maybe she's going to sleepover too since it's a Saturday tomorrow.


Yuri unnie was waiting for Amber because she can't drive today due to her colds. They agreed to just use one car and Amber said to use Yuri's because 'Yuri might spread some germs on her precious car' earning a kick from Yuri unnie.

 

 

22a4a47a416caf039bd3dbbf7c37892dx.jpg


Wearing a mask, unnie comfortably raised her legs on the center table while leaning her back on our couch. She look pale but she still insist on going to work today because she said they have an important meeting to attend to. Amber said it's a meeting with a possible skate sponsorship for the team that Yuri unnie has been working on this past months.


I remembered Jessica unnie... She texted me last night just checking on me and Dani. I called her and we talked for an hour just catching up, she said she misses us. I told her Dani is just in the university she can call our sister and have lunch or snacks at the school cafeteria. She said she'll try asking Dani today and make up to our sister.


I miss Jessi... and when I heard her voice on the other line, there was excitement in there. I asked her when she will visit us, she said she'll try today or tomorrow depends if she's not busy. I asked her how's Donghae and she said she fought with him. It's just a silly fight but they will fix it, he will be picking her up at work. I just wish he's treating my sister right... Because if not, he'll surely get what he deserves.


Amber came out of our room looking so fresh and handsome in her white linen shirt and tight fitting slacks. She has her blazer neatly folded in her arms and her short dark hair neatly done. Her dark Oxford shoes that I bought for her completes the whole outfit . Wow... I'm so lucky I get to wake up everyday seeing this monkey beside me...


She went to me on the kitchen island with a smile on her beautiful face and reached for a kiss on my lips. A dreamy smile visible on my lips "Hey Johnny~ looking good today.."


"Of course... I woke up with a goddess beside me this morning." She kissed me again "And she prepared what I'm wearing today.." and again "And she made my favorite waffle sandwich." And again.


"OH JESUS CHRIST! That's so early! Stop that!! Haven't you had enough?!" Yuri unnie shouted at us from the couch making me giggle.


"Nope.." We both said together making Yuri unnie cringe.


"You're just grouchy because you're envious, Kyungie isn't here.." Amber smirked on her cousin causing a pillow flying to our direction.


I heard Dani and Tia whistling at us on the kitchen island while sitting on the stool with Shannon and Do-yeon just grinning, eating their cereal. My sister meronged at me grinning and I copied her too. They already got used to seeing me and Amber being sweet to each other that sometimes they use it to make fun of us.


Yuri's phone was ringing and she answered it immediately "Kyungie-ah~ achoo! *Sniff* yeah I already took my medicine... Hmmm... Yes *sniff* just meeting then I'll go home after *sniff*. Jjinja? Are you sure? Okay... I miss you~"


"Kyaaaaaa!!!~" the teens shouted at her giggling to one another. Yuri unnie just gave them a dirty finger while talking on the phone with her Kyungie.


She said they already have an understanding but they haven't got to the part where they have a label. Well it's understandable! They only kissed the other day! She said she's planning to ask Kyungie tomorrow on her birthday... Seems like Yuri unnie can't wait, she's really smitten by Kyungie.


"Finish your breakfast monkeys, we got to go in 5 minutes!"

 

----------

 

"Vic eomma!!!" Sulli shouted so that the eldest of us will see where we are. Vic unnie was waving at us when she entered the café where Luna, Jinri, and I were waiting. Kyungie said that she will meet us at home later because she said she's going to surprise Yuri unnie at the university after her meeting.


Vic unnie just came home from her trip in Boston yesterday as promise since she's going to help in preparing for the small gathering tomorrow night. She's been informed about the newest girl that caught Yuri unnie's heart and she's excited to meet her.


She also heard about Jessi unnie's sudden change and she said, like they all did, that I should understand my sister and support her I whatever she is going through. I told her unnie and I are already okay but I still decided to move in with Amber. But when she found out who the guy is, her eyebrow raised higher than the Empire State Building.


"What did you say?! Her boyfriend is Lee Donghae? As in Dr. Lee Donghae the Pediatrician?!" Luna and I looked at each other wondering why Vic unnie's face suddenly turned dark.

 

She shook her head in a disapproving manner and looked at me alarmingly. Vic unnie has this worried look in her eyes and spoke in a calm manner making me nervous "Soojung, how did Jessica met Dr. Lee?"


"He-he's unnie's high school sweetheart. They met again when Donghae came back from Boston I think a few months ago. They became close when unnie and Yuri had the big fight, that led unnie to choose Donghae over Yuri unnie. Remember, when unnie walked out on Yuri at the night of my first win." I explained to her and Vic just nodded.


Sulli was busy eating her cheesecake listening to us then spoke "Vic unnie, what did you do in Boston? You were gone for too long."


"I went there to visit a good friend of mine. She needed someone to talk to because she's having problems with his husband." Vic unnie was staring at me while saying those words. Like she's conveying a very important message to me that only the two of us can know.


Luna notice it and she nodded at Vic unnie "Sulli-ah~ can you please go with me at the rest room? I need to retouch my make up, please?"


"Sure! Let's go! We'll be back girls!" When they left, Vic unnie turned serious, swirling her straw on the glass of iced latte. She took a deep breath and released it audibly clicking her tongue.


"Soojung, I don't know how to tell this... But I think Jessica is going to be in deep trouble." I frowned on what she said and leaned closer to her looking around to see if there are any people eavesdropping on us. I saw a few guests far from our table and waved when my eyes met theirs, I smiled at them and bowed.


"What do you mean Vic? I don't understand..."


"Soojung, did Donghae told your sister why he suddenly came home here in Korea?"


"Unnie said Donghae came home to settle here in Korea for good. He was hired directly by the Director of Yong-ganham Medical Center to serve at the board and also practice his profession." What is going on?!


Vic clenched her fist on the table shaking her head "He's really one hell of an ... tsk tsk... What else did he tell your sister?"


I looked at her wondering and shook my head slowly "Nothing much, that's all. He studied in Harvard Medical School that I know and he made unnie into a different person, unnie almost forgot about me and Dani because they always spend time with each other when they became a couple."


"Listen to me Soojung, did they already had ?" My eyes turned wide when Vic asked about it. It's not that I'm shock because of hearing the word , it's because I don't know what to say to Vic. Because the answer is Yes, they had lots of and I'm the poor soul who always hears their scandalous sounds when I'm at home. Our house is not sound proofed just like Amber's room where I can scream all I want. One time Amber found me in my bathroom trying to sleep on my bathtub while wearing a headphone.


She said she read my text message in the wee hours of the morning saying that I can't sleep, it made her worry that's why she came in an instant even if it's too early just wearing her hoodie and pajamas. What bothered Amber was when a half Donghae opened the door for her just wearing his boxer briefs. It made her furious because of course, Jessica is not the only female who lives on that house. He doesn't have any decency parading his half self inside the house like he's proud and owns it. She had a shouting match with Donghae back then but I don't remember what they said to each other because I'm too sleepy and tired because I had a whole day practice prior to that.


Amber took me home that morning, all sleepy and groggy for lack of sleep and informed Uncle Mike that my practice is cancelled later that day because I had a hard time sleeping. I slept the entire day in her room without eating breakfast and lunch, and woke up at dinner time. I found out from Dani that night that Jess called her asking if I'm still sleeping that afternoon and when she said yes, unnie just sighed and said goodbye to her.


That's one of the reasons why I wanted to move in with Amber back then but I'm just holding back because she hasn't ask me to. I don't like Donghae parading his self in our house and I don't like the way she treats my sister, but of course it's still Jessi's decision.


Sigh. "If I say No, you wouldn't believe me, right?" She nodded at me and drummed her fingers on the table. "Unnie, what's wrong? Please tell me, I'm getting nervous here! Don't tell me Donghae wants to get my sister pregnant"


"Soojung-ah, that's not it. I'm worrying because if they are doing it, I pray that they are doing it safe... You know, with protection. And Jessica better cut her ties to Donghae as soon as possible because that guy is married!" She hissed at me with a low voice so not to attract attention. I froze on my seat still dissecting the words Vic said, my fist clenching hard on my lap.


Unnie...


Oh God... It can't be.


"V-vic... Are you sure?"


"Dara is a schoolmate of mine in Harvard Business School.. she's the daughter of Yong-ganham Medical Center, the Parks. Director Park is Donghae's father in-law... he married Dara so that her father will give him a position in the board of the hospital. The reason I went to Boston is because Dara was having problems with her pregnancy... She heard a rumor that her husband is sleeping around Seoul with different girls. Our other friends consoled her and she is hell bent on going home here in Seoul to confront her husband and the women." Oh ... This will be one hell of a mess if Jessi won't find this out now. We have to warn her...


But will my sister believe us? I know how much Donghae influences her, how he can make my sister say yes to everything he ask her to do.


"I didn't know Jessica was one of the girls! Dara had a private investigator hired and he already has the profiles of the girls Donghae has been hooking up, I saw the profiles and they are all good looking professional girls that I think got tricked by Donghae's sweet words and promises."


"Vic, does that profiles include Jessi's?" I hope not please oh God or this will be a disaster.


"The last time I checked before flying home here in Seoul, there wasn't. But we'll never know, because Dara was still waiting for the final profile before she flies home here in two days. That will be the day after Yuri's birthday. So we better talk to your sister now and tell her all the truth and break up with that ."


"Unnie, what will happen to Jessi in case your friend finds out about her?"


Vic unnie held my hand and spoke softly "Jessi will be humiliated publicly or her career will be ruined. The Parks are a very powerful family inside and outside the country. They will do everything to ruin your life with just a flick of a finger. Jessi is a good person, I don't want her to be caught in the middle of this whole fiasco. We have to help her."


Jessi... Oh my goodness! You gave up a very good hearted and loving person in exchange of a phony who promised you forever.. I just hope that what I'm afraid of isn't gonna happen because if it is, I don't know what to do with you anymore unnie.

 

----------

 

 

Amber's POV

 

 

Yuri and I entered the office and she plopped on her desk, burrying her face in the Mickey Mouse neck pillow she placed on it. We just finished the meeting and it's a success! Bauer will be sponsoring new skates for the team till next season if we will win the championship cup. I did all the talking since Yuri is not feeling well, but she stayed at the far end of the meeting room observing with a face mask covering .


I went to her side and touched her forehead... It's a little hot and her cold is still punishing her. Well it's her fault anyways, staying late in a cold night all because of watching the flowers bloom with Kyungie. But I know it paid off because I think they are already exclusive now and Kwon will ask the girl tomorrow to be her girlfriend officially.


"Kwon, you're hot." I told her while wiping her forehead with a tissue. She looked up to me and I saw some snots barely dripping on her nose. Eeeewwww.....


"Thanks *sniff* Amber.." she snatched the tissue in my hands and used it to wipe the icky substance away then blew her nose. Yuck. "And for the record, I am Hot." 


"That's disgusting Kwon... Did you drink your medicine?" I gave her a bottle of water and made her drink it.


She take a gulp of the water and passed it back to me "I did *sniff* that's why the mucus are all going out of my system now. Could you pass me the tissue please?" I reached for the tissue on my table and gave it to her. Yuri has a weak immune system when it comes to this kind of sickness eversince we were kids. That's why I know that she'll get better with lots of fluids and medicine plus a hot bowl of chicken soup. That, I don't have.


Jessi suddenly came inside the room holding her skates, I greeted her with a smile on my face and she did too. Then she turned to Yuri who is blowing her nose in the process.


"Hi Jessi unnie! I got good news for you! We got the sponsors!"


"Jjinja? That's great! And don't call me unnie.." she playfully raised her fist on me trying to punch me.


"Wait! Soojung sent this for you.." I reached for the paper bag below my table that contains a container of choco chip cookies that Soojung baked last night. She set aside some of the batch for Jessi and asked me to give it to unnie since she won't be here today for practice. "She baked that last night and asked me to give it to you."


"Wow! Cookies!" She immediately opened the container and ate the cookie like it's her first time eating it. "Oh my God I miss Soojung's cookies!" She ate it like it's the most delicious cookie she ever ate. Well it is delicious no doubt about that, my Soojung made it! Jessi looks like a kid eating it while sitting on her office chair, is she hungry?!


"Achoo!~" Yuri sneezes into her tissue and blew her nose. I saw Jessica's face scrunched in disgust making me laugh inside. "I saw that Jessica... It's not disgusting...*sniff* " I handed another tissue to Kwon when snot came down again from the cave.


"Your snot is having a race pouring down from your nose... That is disgusting.." Jessi said while eating her cookies.


Yuri plopped her face again on the Mickey Mouse neck pillow stuffing a tissue on her nose to prevent snots from dripping. I saw Jessica's eyes turned soft while glancing at my cousin, maybe she wants to help Yuri but she can't do it. She's too proud to do it.


"Kwon, why don't I drive you home now so you can rest? I'll just come back here after and finish some documents needed by Coach Mike. What do you say?" She shook her head from the pillow and mumbled Kyungie's name. I know Jessi heard it because she suddenly looked down with a soft stare.


"Kyungie... I have to fetch her in the school later... I need you to drive for me."


Someone was knocking and I stood up from my seat to open the door. When I opened it, it was Kyungie holding a paper bag in her left hand. She made a 'ssh' sign with her finger and I understood what she wanted to do.


I ushered her to enter the office and she saw Jessica seating behind her desk. She smiled then bow at Jessi, which the latter returned awkwardly. What do we have here?! The past and the present... And maybe the future?


She went to Kwon's desk and placed the paper bag on the surface and pulled out a bottle of freshly squeezed orange juice and a small box of fever pads.


I grinned at her then she nodded "Kwon... What do you want to do now?"


"I want my Kyungie~ *sniff* *sniff* I want juice... I want soup... I want *sniff* PatBingsu.." Kyungie was just laughing silently in front of Kwon and when I glanced at Jessi's way, I saw my sister in-law turn her head away. Hmmmm... I prepared my phone to video the moment.


Kyungie opened the box of fever patch and handled the box to me. She peeled off the casing of the patch and placed it on her palm smiling "Yuri Kwon~ yoohoo~..." Yuri's head suddenly shot up with 2 tissues stuffed on her nose when she heard Kyungie's voice then suddenly...

 

 

 


Pak!

 

 


I can't stop laughing when Kyungie suddenly slaps the fever patch in Yuri's forehead. My cousin was a little disoriented because of her cold that's why her reaction is a bit delayed.


"Aww..~" she touched her forehead with fever patch and looked at her Kyungie. Her girl giggled at her stupidity and opened the bottle of juice placing a straw on it urging her to drink.


"Kyungie... What are you *sniff* doing here...achoo!!" I stopped the recording and gave tissue to Kyungie.


"I'm here to drive you home... Soojung told me you're terribly ill today." She pulled down the yucky tissues on Yuri's nose cringing then threw it at the trash bin under the table. She wiped her hand playfully on Yuri's sleeve smirking at my cousin.


"I thought you're meeting them today at the café? *Sniff*" Jessi was listening to them I think...


Kyungie held the tissue in Yuri's nose and wiped the snot coming down. Eeeewwww.....


"Eeeewwww!!!....."


"Yah! ! If Soojung gets a cold I bet you'll do everything to make her feel better. Maybe you'll even straw it from her nose just to take it all out." Kwon tried to kick me from her seat but she failed.


"Stop now Yuri Kwon, finish your juice then I'll drive you home.." Kyungie smiled at her and wiped her face with a small towel.


"Are you going to drive my car? Or you brought your cooper?"


"You have a mini cooper?! Nice..." Whenever I see a mini cooper, I always remember Mr. Bean from the cartoon series.


She started to tie Yuri's hair and gave her a baseball cap to wear "Yeah, it's a little bit old though. Dad gave it to me when I turned 19 and got my license it was his old car, he restored it."

 

 

damImage.narrow.768w.j_1481022354518.jpg

 


"She doesn't use it when she goes to work, only on trips to the supermarket and other places. You got to see the car, her father did a good job restoring it." Yuri said wearing the cap that her girl gave her and wore the face mask.


We chatted a little bit more because Kyungie wouldn't let Yuri stand up without finishing the juice and drinking her medicine. I took a glance at Jessi and I saw her looking at the two couple with a sad smile, Kyungie wiping Yuri's nose again with a tissue. My cousin looks like a happy kid with her eyesmile being pampered and served.


Although I feel sorry at Jessi, Yuri is my cousin and I feel a little biased when I think that Jessi deserves to see this scene in front of her. I want her to realize how stupid she is letting go of a very good person after all that waiting she did. All she has to do is to wait for my cousin and be patient but I think she got tired really quick. I want her to feel the pain Yuri felt when my cousin saw her with that . I want her heart to shatter in a million pieces too. Cruel, but it's the reality.


Her loss is a gain for another one, Kyungie sure is taking care of my cousin 100%, always thinking about her welfare and my cousin does it too. She even introduced Yuri to her parents when my cousin drove her home and Yuri said Kyungie's parents are very nice and accommodating.


Yuri stood up with a wobbly knee and I saw Jessi tried to stand up to help Yuri but obviously Kyungie is beside my cousin so Yuri had the instinct of holding Kyungie's hands for support.


"We better go or else Yuri will spread germs all over. We'll see you at the house later Amber..." She turned to Jessica and bowed "Jessica-ssi we'll go now..." They bowed a little to each other and smiled.


"Bye Yul, Kyungie... I'll see you later. Don't worry about your car Kwon I'll take it home later after work." She nodded at me and waved while they walk to the door. They stopped and Kyungie whispered to my cousin's ear but I can't see the reaction in her face because of the mask. Yuri nodded at her and Kyungie smiled.


Kyungie turned to Jessica with a shy smile on her face "Jessica-ssi, if you're not busy tomorrow, please join us for the birthday dinner that Soojung and I are preparing for Yuri. P-please?" I saw Jessi's hesitation because she didn't expect it to happen.


"Birthday d-dinner?" I smirked because I knew it dawned on her that Yuri's birthday will be tomorrow.


"Hahaha... Yeah.. Kyungie and Soojung decided to prepare a small dinner. Please do drop by Jessica." Yuri turned to Kyungie and I saw an eyesmile while holding the latter's hand. Jessica just nodded and squeak an 'Okay'. They waved at us and once they exited the door Jessica finally speaks up.


"Amber... How is Yuri?' I smirked at the documents I am reading and turned to Jessica. The cookies are gone! She ate all of it?!


"Umm...she's fine if you can see unnie. She looks disgusting earlier but now not much... Did you just ate all the cookies?! That's a lot of calories!" She looked at the container and was surprised herself.


"Oh God! I did! Why didn't you tell me?!"


"I just noticed now unnie. I never knew you have a big appetite on cookies..."


"It's Soojung's cookies, it's delicious. But I usually just eat a piece or two but earlier when you gave it to me, I felt really hungry like I want to eat all of it even though I just ate on the cafeteria with Dani before I came here.." I raised my eyebrow on what she said.


Come to think of it... She's gaining weight. Maybe because all she did is eat out with that boyfriend of his. I haven't forgiven him on being a stupid back in the apartment and at the station. I just have a lot of respect to my sister in-law that's why I haven't lifted a finger on him.


"Maybe your period is coming unnie. I'm like that too when I have mine coming... I eat a lot of sweet stuffs that's why Soojung has a stock of chocolates and home baked cookies at home.


She just nodded and snickered at me "I almost forgot you also have periods too Amber hehehe..." 


"Of course! I'm still a girl with a normal period." I flipped my imaginary long hair making her laugh. I'm glad I can make Jessi laugh once in a while and take that sadness in unnie's eyes.


"I'm sorry if I've been busy a lot lately... I think I'm failing on the taking care part when it comes to Dani."


"Don't think about it, Dani understands you. Just don't forget about her again Jessi... She was waiting for you back then. She hates being taken for granted and left alone." I smiled at her and gave her half of my waffle sandwich that Soojung made this morning. "Here, Soojung made this for me this morning before I left for work. I think you're still hungry unnie hehehe..."


"Soojung sure is taking the role seriously." She smelled the sandwich and took a bite of it "It taste weird."


"What weird? It's just cream cheese, bacon, lettuce, and maple syrup. Why do you mean it taste weird?"


"I don't know... I've been experiencing it lately.. I can't eat a bowl of Jajangmyun now, it just taste weird comparing before. You know I love Jajangmyun."


"Maybe you're also having an episode of your weirdness unnie hehehe..."


"Stupid!" She threw the container of the cookies at me and I dodged it. Ohhh... Jessica Jung is back!


"Well you're sisters hahaha... Don't tell me cucumber still makes you cringe."


She stared at me like she's thinking deep "Actually, I accidentally ate cucumbers last night I didn't notice. I only found out when Hae told me..."


"That's okay, you're still alive."


She was still staring at me then suddenly she blurted it out slowly "My period is due to come 2 weeks ago.."

 


Okayyyy.... What does it mean?

 


"Er.... Okay. Maybe you're just delayed because of the hormones. You're irregular, right? That's common like Luna said. She's irregular too."


She shook her head, her eyes fixed at me "I have a regular period stupid..." well how the hell would I know?! I only keep up with my girlfriend's cycle and mine so we know when to do it and not to do it.


"Jessica maybe it's just delayed, maybe you need to eat spicy food to make your body hot inside. Don't worry it will come, it's not as if you're pregnant." I realized what I said after a moment and we looked at each other, her eyes turning wide.


"W-what did you say Amber?"


"Er.... You n-need to eat s-spicy food?"


"You said p-pregnant..."


"That may be i-imposible Jessi... Surely, you and Donghae use protection... R-right?" I don't want to think about it.


My phone rang and Soojung's face was visible on the screen. I answered the call immediately still looking at Jessi.


"Hey babe..."


"Babe, did you eat the sandwich?" Did she call because of the sandwich?


"Yes, I did. I gave the half to Jessi and she said it taste weird. Where are you? Did you already ate?"


"We're still in the café and Vic treated us so don't worry I already ate a lot. Is Jessi there? I think her phone is dead." I motioned Jessi to get her phone and check.


"Jessi, Soojung said she's calling you but she thinks your phone is dead." She looked at it and she nodded.


"Babe Jessi's battery was drained. Do you want to talk to her?"


"Yes please. It won't take long.. I just need to tell something to her. I love you~" never fails to make my heart skip a beat.


"Hehehe... I love you too~" Jessica threw a paper at me rolling her eyes "Here's Jessica now babe hold on.." I gave the phone to Jessica and they talked. I listened to what Jessica is saying.

 


"Soojung-ah... Yes unnie is fine. I miss you too... Later? Well... I have a dinner with Hae scheduled later with his friends but I'll call him to inform I can't go. No, that's okay it's not that important actually. My presence is not needed there, he can manage without me by his side. Why? Victoria wants to talk to me? Is it for an endorsement of yours? Oh okay... Sure honey okay. Yeah Dani and I ate at the cafeteria earlier... I checked her class schedules and notes. Yeah... Your stupid monkey is here and she gave me half of that awful sandwich. Hahaha! It is awful!" It's not awful it's delicious! "I don't know it just taste weird, bacon taste weird to me lately. I know, I love bacon more than I love chocolates. But it really taste weird. Uhummm.... Soojung-ah, I got something to say to you later. Amber and I are talking about it and we need to talk. I don't know what is happening to me.... Sure okay... Bye, I love you too."

 


She handed the phone back to me looking worried. Maybe I said the wrong words. I shouldn't have said the word pregnant, it scares her.


"Jessi... Are you okay?"


She rubbed her palm on her face exasperated, like she just realized something. What's happening Jessi?


She looked up to me with worry in her eyes and nervousness in it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Amber... The last time Hae and I had , we didn't use protection because he's drunk."

 


Oh. Choco mother fudge.