Axel - 50

Edges and Toe Picks

A/N: Hey chingus! Update for today! 

Thank you to all our subscribers who are still reading this story. This is our 50th chapter! And the story is near to its end 😉

Subscribe, comment, holler! 

Peace yow! ✌

----------

 

Jessica's POV

 

"Oh, hey Jess! What's up?" Yuri greeted me once I came out to the backyard of Amber's house. I was looking for the two monkeys to talk about our trip two days from now to Helsinki.


Yuri was in her yoga pants and sitting cross legged on the mat while I see a very solemn looking Amber in a Lotus position with her eyes closed. I didn't know my soon to be sister-in-law is into yoga. I went to them and checked the monkey out, she was so concentrated. Wow....


"What's going on? Where's Soojung?"


"Soojung is at my gym with Luna doing her own version of meditating and work out. We..." She pointed at Amber "are doing yoga for Amber's and Soojung's own good. Their '2-week Abstinence' just started 4 days ago so she's meditating to prevent any urges of ual indulgence with your sister." Yuri narrated to me like a bright kid. My jaw dropping on the information.


Is this like part of the program?? I suddenly remembered what Soojung told me before, after her win in Japan. That they didn't touch each other for two weeks so they can focus on the program and her practices. She said it worked for her because all her focus is on her performance and her energy seems intact if you know what I'm saying. No wobbly knees.. hahaha...She said it's like their motivation for each other... No Pain, No Gain.


Yeah right...


After two weeks they'll go monkeys with each other behind closed doors and 4 walls of their bedroom.


"Are they serious?!" I asked incredibly while waving my hand in front of Amber's face. I poked Amber's nosetrils with my car key and the monkey didn't even flinched. Good girl.


"Dead serious. They said it works so who am I to judge. And I heard from other athletes that it somehow is true. Like with boxers so they can conserve their energy, and unleash it at the day of the fight. In Soojung's case, on the day of her competition." Yuri smirked and laughed at Amber's face then stood up. "Do you want some coffee? I have a new find?"


"Yeah... Sure. Let's leave this monkey here and let her imagine Soojung wearing a red 2 piece bikini looking smoking hot.."


"I heard that Jess unnie... No, I'm not going to indulge myself with that thought." The monkey suddenly spoke with her eyes still closed. "I'm imagining the kids running around the backyard playing on their plastic slides. Go! Have coffee, have a serious 'Ex-Lovers' talk... Ouch!" She fell down on her mat when I kicked her stomach. "YAH!! JESSICA JUNG! IM YOUR BELOVED SISTER'S FIANCÉE!"


"I know... And I'm the oldest sister. So I have the right to do that when my sister is not looking. Go back to your position and play with your imagination.." I scoffed at her giggling. She's really a dork.


"Unnie, should we enroll the kids at Hanlim Academy?" What the hell?! What kids? The dogs who they treat as kids??!


My weirdo sister called me before, excitedly saying that she wants me to meet their babies. I freaked out because I thought Soojung went with the process of IVF and pregnant with twins because she said babies. I thought she forgot about skating because of being engaged.


I hurried to their house and saw the babies..... and released a big sigh when I saw that her babies has tails. It earned her a smack on her from me while laughing with Amber. Good Lord!! I'm so stupid for thinking that Soojung will suddenly go through the process when she knows that she has a competition ahead. I wasn't really thinking straight that day. I don't know what will happen if Dani is the one who called me that day telling me she's pregnant.


Maybe I'll strangle Fany's neck first then marry Dani off to Jackson in a flash. No buts and ifs.


"What the hell are you saying Amber?! Yuri! Care to help me with your idiot cousin!?" Yuri laughed at me and went to Amber then yanked the monkeys shirt collar.


"Yah! Don't show her ies to me!"


"I'm not!"


"Then what are you doing?!"


"This..." Amber smiled at me while showing her tattoo. It was stick figures hand in hand together... Plus 3 animals??! "She's talking about their kids. Meet Seulgi, Yerim, Joohyun, Seung-hwan and Soo young the twins hehehe... And the two remaining are Amber and Soojung." I looked incredulously at Yuri trying to absorb what she said. This is.... insane. I smacked Amber's head and Yuri's too. Grrrrr.....


"I thought you're talking about the puppies!!"


"Unnie who the hell enrolls their puppies in a private school?! Aiishhh!!! Go! Have coffee! Leave me here in my quiet state."


"Dork..." I snorted at her.


"Weirdo..."


"What did you say?!"


She sent me heart fingers smiling sweetly "Unnie saranghae!"


I rolled my eyes on her and followed Yuri to her house while she rubbed the side of her head I smacked. She deserves it!


We went inside her house and she excuse herself saying that she's gonna make the coffee first. That I should check Soojung and Luna at the gym so I went there and saw my sister in the middle of her leg strengthening workout. I went back to the kitchen and saw her brewing the coffee.


She and Kyungie are already engaged, they announced before New Year. Although the news pinched my heart a bit, I'm happy for them. Because I know Yuri is in good hands, I can see how much they love each other and Yuri finally will settle down. That I don't have to worry about her anymore and Kyungie is a very nice person, I can attest to that because of spending time with her.


"Hey Jess, here's your coffee. Kyungie's father gave that to me as a gift. Mr. Shin was really nice and goofy." She gave me the mug and lead me to the backyard where the bench is located. We sat there sipping our coffee.


I laughed silently when I remembered what happened on this bench before. I shook my head smiling at the memory. Yuri noticed it and chuckled shaking her head too.


All we can do now is shake our heads while remembering our stupidness.


"When are you going to plant sunflowers again? It's too bare.."


"Soon, when spring comes. How are you and Dr. Choi?" A small smile escaped my lips when I heard my girlfriend being ask on me.


Dr. Choi Sooyoung.


My girlfriend.


It feels so good to call her mine~.


I nodded at her smiling like a lovestruck teenager "We're good... It feels so good when you asked me how is she."


"I know, you look like you won the jackpot!"


"Well, I did. It's like how you told us that you and Kyungie are getting married. You also look like you won the jackpot!"


"Because it is..." She smiled happily then took a sip of her coffee. The coffee is delicious, I love the aroma and smoky flavor.


We stayed like that, just sipping coffee and enjoying the comfortable silence between us. It was always like this even in the office.


"Jess.." she cleared and played with her cup. "I haven't said how sorry I am with what happened to us..." I turned to her and smiled sincerely. "Yul, I should be the one to say sorry. I was immature, impatient, and so much eager to be happy that I didn't even thought about how hurt you were. I was selfish."


She scratched her eyebrow smiling then turned to me "I was a fool to keep you waiting. Maybe you thought that I just used you for my personal needs but no I didn't. You know how much I love you, right?" I smiled at her and nodded. "I was a coward Jess and I'm sorry. When you and Donghae got together, I realized that I was holding you back to have your happiness. I can't give it to you Jess, I admit. Maybe because of all the excess baggages I have here, with all the things that happened to us back then. It became too hard to let go and I was doubting you."


I chuckled and smiled at the sad memory "I was emotional that night, when I walked out on you. And I regret doing that Yul. I shouldn't have done that, but it already happened and the rest is history. Somehow, it lead us to where we are now. You found your true happiness and she helped you let go of that baggages you have in life. I'm happy for you Yul... I really am." She reached for my head and patted it softly smiling at me with sincerity.


"I'm happy for you too Jess... Somehow I knew you and Soo will be together." I raised my eyebrow at her puzzled at what she said "I noticed the way Soo cares for you back then. Remember I join your dinners before, she was a threat! But I can see how sincere she is and she doesn't make a move to get your attention or to compete with me. I heard her and Yoona at the bathroom, Yoona was teasing her. Do you know what she said?" I shook my head and she laughed "She said in a gentle tone 'Its okay Yoon, as long as I see Jessica happy I'm happy too.' it made me realize that she cares for you deeply."


I bit my lip smiling as I remember Soo and how we became together last week. It was the best traffic jam I ever encountered in my life. "You know Yul, I was too busy and eager finding my own happiness that I didn't realized happiness was just beside me all this time. Soo was just there, quiet and supporting me. I opened my eyes and finally, we're together. And I love her... she loves me too. I saw our future together and I'm excited for what in store for us."


"We're stupid right? The whole drama we did is stupid.." she laughed brushing her hair back. I laughed too shaking my head.


But it's okay, if we didn't have that whole drama in our life we wouldn't meet these persons we have right now.


"I can't believe we did that, that elope thing in L.A. what would have happened to us now if we did got married young?"


"Probably still living in Jackie's apartment working in Shake Shack or you serving hotdogs in Pinky's."


I slapped her arm on her sarcastic remark. Savage.


We laughed at our silliness and exchanged banters at each other. Kwon Yuri you will always be special for me, same as how special your smile is.


"Jung Sooyeon..." She called me when I spaced out smiling and I saw her eyes looking softly at me "I want you to know that you will always be special to me. You were my greatest love... and my sweetest downfall."


I burst out smiling looking at her too "Same as how special you are to me Kwon Yuri... You will always be here in my heart. Thank you for being part of my life and my existence..."

"No regrets Jung Sooyeon.." 

"Yup, No regrets Kwon Yuri."


We stayed silent for a while admiring the sunset in the sky of Seoul. What we have right now is closure for both of us and a friendship that will last forever.


"Amber and Soojung should thank us. They wouldn't meet each other if not for the two of us."


"I know... Because of us they are together and getting married. Amber and her kids hahahaha!!! I'm speechless tsk tsk..."


"We're going to have 5 rowdy nieces with Amber's monkiness, Soojung's weirdness, and Soojung's charm and looks." Yuri declared smiling.


We did a high five laughing out loud "Now you're talking! They should have the Jung's charm! I don't want them to have Amber's nose."


Amber came entering from the door of the fence scowling at me "YAH!! My nose is special unnie! Your sister love this!"


"That holes you mean?" I replied sarcastically at her making us laugh when she pouted shamelessly. Luna and Soojung came wondering why we are ganging up on Amber.


"What's happening? Why are you pouting like that Am?" Soojung looked incredulously at Amber hugging her from behind. Gahhh.... Being sweet again..


"Your unnie is disrespecting my nose..." Soojung chuckled at what she heard and pinched Amber's cheeks.


"Your nose is fine babe... Don't worry.."


"The holes are a bit wide though.." Yuri said "Yeah Amber... A bit wide.. hehehe" Luna agreed grinning.


"Do you also... You know..." I made a motion to the couple with my fingers controlling my laugh because of their dumbfounded facial expressions. Yuri and Luna was laughing hard watching me do the gestures up and down with my fingers in my nose and pointed at Soojung's while grinning mischievously.


Soojung got what I meant first and blushed profusely "UNNIE!!!" She buried her face on Amber's back embarassed at what I did. Ohohoho!!!


The monkey was just watching me then suddenly grinned mischievously shaking her head "You're embarrassing her unnie..." I stopped what I'm doing, Yuri and Luna stopped laughing too. Our jaw dropping...


Soojung took a peek from her hiding, grinning at us then winked biting her lips.

 


What the hell!!?