Axel - 54

Edges and Toe Picks

A/N: Hey chingus! Here's our second update and last chapter of the story.

I would like to thank all our members who subscribed and followed ETP. It's such a big pleasure sharing this story to all of you. 

Everyone who left a comment, suggestions, reactions, and encouragements - thank you very much from the bottom of my heart. 💜

Here you go chingus... I hope you'll like it! 

Comment if you do! 

Peace yow! ✌🙆🙌

 

-----------

 

sunrise.jpg

 

After 4 years....

 


"Eomma... Eomma..." I felt a light tap on my face and the cute little voice of my daughter calling, rousing me from my sleep.


I slightly opened my eyes peeking at my daughter, pouting at me like a bear, and wearing a bear onesie while her thumb. So cute~


"Seulgibear... Baby... Come here.." she snuggled beside me and wrapped her arms around my body. So squishy bear~


"Eomma~ I want pancakes for breakfast..."


I hug her tight and kiss her chubby cheeks "But you already had your pancakes yesterday, baby... it's waffle day today for Joohyun..." She pouted at me like a cute puppy that made me sigh. Looks like I need Amber's help.


"Why don't we make pancakes and waffles at the same time? Let's ask Appa... Come on.." her cute face suddenly lit up and went down from the bed. She went to Amber's side and taps her Appa's face. Seulgi just turned 4 and has been joining Yoona unnie's nursery class this year.


Another cute voice coming from the door filled our quiet room. I smiled at my daughters and waved at them to come in.


"Eomma!" our second eldest squeaks at the door grinning, together with our youngest Yerim who is clutching her teddy bear and looking sleepy.


"Joohyun baby, Yerimie... Come here babies...give Eomma a kiss.." i said in my sleepy voice. Their little feet ran to my side of the bed and kissed my nose together noisily. I rained kisses on both of their cheeks making them giggle cutely. Yawning, I glanced at our bedside clock and sighed. It's just 4:00 in the morninggggggg...... What's up with the early risers  😵


"Eomma~! Good morning!" our second eldest chirped at me with a smiling face showing her small teeth. She was wearing a duck onesie while the youngest Yerim was wearing a bunny onesie climbed to my side and snuggled her face in my tummy mumbling "Eomma~ sleepy... Yeri.."


"Appa... Appa... Wake up Appa~....we're hungry~...." Seulgi tapped Amber's face with her small hands but the latter just snored loudly at our daughter earning a giggle from Joohyun. I patted Yeri's head still snuggling on my side, Joohyun went to our bedside drawer opening it then smiled widely at her find.


"Joohyun baby, why are you holding Eomma's marker?" I asked her seeing mischief written all over her pretty face. Out of the three, I think Joohyun inherited my talent in drawing things and she's only 3 years old. The other day, she drew a cat-dog-alien hybrid on the wall of their bedroom using her crayons. It was colored purple, with four legs and fangs. She ran to her unnie's side and they climbed on the bed together trying to wake their Appa up.


Amber stayed up late last night because she finished the wall painting in the girls' bedroom. The three helped her yesterday in painting their wall with water-based and odorless paint given by Yuri unnie. They drew a lot of things there making it a special sisterly bonding for the three with their Appa. And yes, Joohyun did her masterpiece making a portrait of Jackjack, Tuna, and Gongju. Then she dipped the paws of Tuna in a can of paint and stamped it at her drawing. Sigh. Poor Tuna..., I spent an hour taking off the paint in his paw.


My little Yeri drew clouds, lots and lots of fluffy clouds, and blue skies with flying dinosaurs.


Seulgi? She drew stick figures that she saw from her Appa's chest. And Pokemon I don't recognize.


"Eomma~ Yeri snuggle... Hajima...." I turned to my youngest and let her snuggle to my side while hugging my belly. Yerim or Yeri our youngest is 2 years old. The sweetest girl who loves being at my side. She loves hugs and sleeping and snuggling on her blanket or anything soft and fluffy.


At age 2, she shares the same love her Appa has with fluffy towels. One time, we saw a trail of Amber's fluffy towels that were kept in her cabinets along the hallway then saw Yeri lying above mountains of Amber's prized expensive towels. Making snow angels without snow and burying her face on the soft towels giggling, with chocolate smudges at the side of . All Amber can do is kneel and drop her head in surrender. Tsk tsk poor monkey...🙈


Yes, all three out of the five stick figures have turned to reality.

 

 

 

Easy?

 


NO. BIG NO.

 


Three months after winning in Helsinki, Amber and I got married in Los Angeles in front of our family and friends. A week after, we held a private press conference for Amber's reporter friends because she said she promised them that they will be the first to know. It was a small party, then she announced to them that we are already married. I told them that I will be taking a hiatus in skating after the Olympics to focus on the family that we are planning to build. Since it's international press, they are more understanding about our relationship and more giving.


The Korean press picked up the story and again the two of us made the late-night news regarding our wedding. Victoria provided two photos of the event and a statement from us asking for the people's understanding and their prayers and support to our relationship. Some are negative, but a lot accepted us. We can never please everybody.


Life went on and my preparations for the Olympics were to die for. My only break was Sundays and Holidays. Yuna sunbaenim also joined our training team with Amber, Jess, Yuri, and Coach Mike. Support from the government poured in and from my sponsors since the event will be held in my home country.


Our hard work paid off and I got a pretty valuable, shiny round metal that we proudly display in our trophy room. All my medals and certificates, trophies are now beside Amber's having its own corner.


After the Olympics, Amber and I took a vacation and stayed in Jeju for 2 years. In that two years, we had undergone the process of having our eggs harvested and choosing a donor. Two embryos were planted on me, but only one push through and that was our Seulgi. Grandma helped us on taking care of her when she was born giving immense joy to the elder. Jess and Sooyoung unnie frequently visits us on the island when I was recuperating from childbirth.


When Seulgi turned 6 months old, we decided to have another baby and that's Joohyun. Yup, that was fast I know. But because I wanted to have another one so that the ages won't have big intervals. Joohyun was born prematurely at 7 months.


Since we already have 2 babies to take care of, Amber and I decided to move back to Seoul and brought Grandma with us. That way, the teens can also help us taking care of the babies. I was also feeding both Seulgi and Joohyun at that time, Seulgi was already growing up so we need more unnies to cheer her up and play with her.


Her unnies are so fond of her especially Shannon who loves making her food. They indulge her with all things and make their selves look silly just to make her smile. Kyungie also gave birth a month after to her and Yuri unnie's twins, Manse and Daebak. I know, don't ask me why. Kyungie said Yuri unnie just blurted it out to the nurse when the hospital was asking for a name. They thought one of the twins is a girl that's why they only prepared Nayeon and Manse.


Yuri unnie countered and she said 'Daebak!' as an expression in front of the nurse because they were not prepared. She didn't know the nurse thought it was the name she wants to give to her child. So yeah, Kwon Daebak is born.


Jess and Sooyoung unnie are already engaged and are planning to tie the knot as soon as possible. Unnie said they will have a 1-year vacation first then after that they will decide if it's time to have their own children.


Dad and Dani have a good relationship as a father and daughter now. My younger sister forgave Dad and they started to get to know each other after our stint in Helsinki. They keep in touch through phone calls and video calls since Dad is based in Los Angeles, he flew home when Seulgi and Joohyun were born.


When Joohyun was already 7 months old, we decided to have another one and that's why my little bundle of joy Yerim is born. After laboring for 3 hours, she came to this world in her Appa's own hands.


Yes, Amber was the one who assisted me when I gave birth to Yerim.

 

There was a strong typhoon at that time and traveling was not advisable due to strong winds and some fallen trees on the road. I was already laboring in our room, all of them are frantically running around the house being yelled at by Jess to get some things that Soo unnie instructed over the phone. She was stuck in a traffic jam, the trains are not working.


Amber was beside me and pulled out all her precious towels on the cabinet to use. Since Jess can't stand the sight of blood and the teens are left with the two babies to take care of plus Yuri unnie's twins, only Amber, Yuri, and Vic unnie helped me in my delivery. Vic unnie was the one comforting me and whispering encouraging words, telling me when to push. Yuri unnie was the runner and Amber was the one waiting for my cervix to dilate. Soo unnie was just instructing her what to do and I saw beads of sweat pouring down on her face while waiting. She was always checking my condition and talking to me, making sure I'm awake.


The moment came, and it only took me three pushes to deliver my little chubby bundle of joy. The first person that welcomed Yerim is her Appa with tears in her eyes because she can't believe she delivered her own daughter. She wrapped Yerim in one of her fluffiest towels and cleaned her. Soo unnie already came all wet and disheveled and took care of me cleaning my wound and checking my vitals. She said after the storm, an ambulance will arrive to take me and my little Yerim to the hospital just to make sure we are okay. The baby has to take her Newborn Screening test too.


That's why our little chubby-fluffy-bunny has a special place in her Appa's heart. Whatever she wants, her Appa gives.


But in a few weeks, she will meet her rivals.


"Eomma..." She cupped my face with her little hands. I puckered my lips to hers making her giggle. "Eomma yeppeuda! Yeri yeppeuda!"


"Yeri yeppeuda~!" I mimicked her voice making her laugh. I love hearing the three of them laugh, it's the most beautiful sound in the world.


"Eomma, Yeri wants pancakes and cereals! Rice Krispies like Shannon unnie. Pwease~" she showered my face with her sweet kisses making me laugh.


"Okayyyy pancakes and cereals for Yerimie~!" I hugged her tight and almost choke in laughter when I turned to Amber. She was still sleeping but her artistic daughter made another prank and masterpiece using my marker. Joohyun was finishing her art while sticking out her tongue in between her teeth.


Seulgi was at the foot of our bed pulling something. "Seulgibear... What are you doing there? Come up here baby and sit in the middle of the bed with your dongsaengs." She grinned at me then climbed on the bed beside Joohyun.


Seulgi our eldest has a knack for making pranks at such a young age and we've been seeing the potential in skating. Amber always brings her to the university rink after picking her up from school and started to teach her how to skate. We'll see, maybe when she reaches the age of 6 she can start training. Either train to be a figure skater or a hockey player. It depends on what she chooses, what's important is she's happy with it.


"Eomma! Look at my drawing! Isn't it great?!" Joohyun proudly exclaimed asking for my opinion. I pinched her cheeks and kissed her nose while I control my laugh at Amber's appearance. Tsk tsk tsk... You're destined to be our canvass forever babe... Hahaha!


Amber eventually became a regular part of the hockey team's training staff. When the team won their championship cup, the university decided to get her full-time. I asked her if she wants to go back to the league but she's really firm on her decision not to play again.


She said she can't risk herself again in that kind of contact sports especially now that our family is growing and I need her by my side.


"And besides babe, we're financially secured for a lifetime. You don't have to worry about anything, our daughters will have a good life and they can choose any Ivy League school they want. Plus I have a regular job at the University... We won't go hungry I promise you."


Seulgi stood up on the king-sized bed and helped her sister Joohyun to stand too then started to jump up and down trying to wake their Appa up.


"Appa!! Appa!! Appa!! Rise and shine!!"


"Appa!!! Hahahaha!!! Breakfast! Breakfast! Breakfast!"


I laughed out loud with Amber's expression, it's between annoyance because her sleep was disturbed and sleepiness. The two girls sat on her stomach raining kisses on her face making her smile, happiness is written all over her face.


"Seulgi-ah~ Joohyun-ah... Why are the two of you up early? Eomma and Appa are still sleeping... Eomma needs more sleep..." she said in her husky voice while the head of her two princesses. "Where's Yerimie?"

 

I looked at my youngest and saw that she's already sleeping beside me. "She fell asleep here babe..." I smiled at her.


"You left your unnies' room without telling them?" The two nodded their heads innocently while biting their nails. They've been sleeping in Tia's room while their Appa was remodeling their room. Amber laughed softly at the two smiling "You want breakfast girls?" The two nodded full of enthusiasm their eyes googly "What do you want to eat? It's waffle day today isn't it?"


"Appa I want pancakes! Make pancakes too!" Seulgi exclaimed to her Appa. Amber turned to me and I nodded at her smiling. "Yeri wants pancakes too... Just make them both, they'll eat it anyway."


"Okayyyy... Pancakes and waffles for the princesses! Don't you want to give Appa some hugs?" The two immediately dived to Amber making her choke and whimper in pain especially when Joohyun accidentally kicked her groin.


I was laughing non-stop when I saw Amber's poor pained expression that's why I reached for her and placed a kiss on her lips. "You okay babe?"


"I...think...so... Soojung...ouch~"

 

"Eeeww~ Appa and Eomma kissy kissy! Yuck!" Amber chuckled and laughed at what Joohyun said ruffling her daughter's hair.


"Appa, why do you have a mirror up there?" Seulgi pointed at the mirror in our ceiling. I cleared my throat hiding a smile. Amber was looking at me asking for help but I stuck out my tongue at her. It's her idea to install that not mine!


"Well... Eomma likes looking at herself in the mirror before we sleep at night." She smirked at me earning a pinch on her side. What the hell!


"Yah! Amber Liu! That's your idea!"


"I know... But you love it, remember?" She wriggled her eyebrows at me playfully making me blush with a memory concerning that mirror and our bed.


The three monkeys made silly faces in the mirror making me laugh while holding my belly. I was laughing softly when someone made their presence known.


"Oh! Babe... They're kicking.."


"Jeongmal!?" Amber tried to sit on the bed but failed because it looks like one of her ankles is tied in the bedpost. Sigh.


"Seulgibear!"


Seulgi grinned at her cutely giggling. She reached for the necktie and untied her ankle, I don't know how Seulgi got Amber's necktie under my pillow. She carefully crawled with the two girls and kneeled beside me. Amber pulls down the blanket covering my upper body and helps me sit on our bed. She places a pillow on the headboard and made me lean my back. Yeri stirred beside me and woke up looking disoriented.


"Oh my God! Sorry, Yerimie! Come here beside Eomma, the babies are kicking. They are also awake this morning to greet their unnies." She sat in between my legs her thumb and hugging her teddy. Oh well...


"Why don't we say hello to your sisters.." Amber smiled at me lovingly and reached for the hem of my nighties, pulling it up and tucking it just above my tummy to show my 30-week old belly.


Yup, it's the twins. 30 weeks and counting. The last two and we're complete!


I reached for Amber's right hand and placed it over my belly then the babies suddenly kicked simultaneously. Amber's eyes were full of surprise at how hard her daughters kick. Seulgi poked my belly with her fingers testing it, then placed her palm too smiling widely enjoying how her dongsaengs greet her.


"Babies this is Seulgi unnie... Good morning~..."


Joohyun started doodling on my stomach making me laugh. Amber got hold of her marker and placed it inside the bedside drawer. "Joohyun-ah... Eomma's belly is not a paper, just draw later baby." She kisses her daughter and placed Joohyun's palm over my belly "Say good morning to Seung-hwan and Soo Young.."


"Good morning! We're hungry! Are you hungry too? Appa will make pancakes and waffles today!" Amber scratched her neck smiling.


"Fine... Come on, wake up your Tia unnie and Aunt Dani then go down in the kitchen. Wait for me there, okay? Appa will just go to the bathroom--"


"NO!!" My daughters and I chorused preventing Amber from seeing her daughter's masterpiece.


"Okayyyy... Why do I feel that's something is going on."


"Nothing Appa! Joohyun-ah, Yeri-ah, let's go!" The two eldest went down the bed but didn't forget to kiss me on my cheeks and my belly then went out of the room.


"Be careful! Don't run going down the stairs!"


"Ne Eomma!"


Amber sat down beside me Yeri's hair who obviously fell asleep again lying in between my legs.


"I think your daughter wants to go back inside your belly."


"Silly.." I grinned at her while my belly. The twins calmed down thank heavens!


"She loves sleeping there... Well, I can't stop her, Appa loves being there too." I playfully smack her head shaking her erted mind so early in the morning.

 

"Byuntae..."


"Hey! Babe, you asked for it last night..." She winked at me smiling like a ert.


"Shhh! Your daughter will hear you!"


I covered laughing then our eyes met, love and admiration overflowing. We brush our noses together with silly smiles all over our faces.


"Hey, Johnny~ can I have a morning kiss?" She grinned at me and connected our lips for a lingering kiss. It escalated quickly, my hands rubbing the back of her neck while her hands roam around my now sensitive areas making me moan in our passionate kiss. We broke the kiss when Yeri suddenly stirred below me. I wiped Amber's lips with my thumb and gave her a quick peck.


"No morning for you today Johnny~... You got your princess here.." I pointed at Yeri and pinched Amber's cheeks looking dejected. I cupped her face with my hands squishing it making her lips pucker.


"She's sleeping--" we were surprised when Yeri suddenly sat on my legs her thumb. She climbed on her Appa's lap and snuggled there then fell asleep again.


"Appa's princess is still sleepy. Poor baby, maybe her sisters woke her up and she can't do anything but follow their orders..." I rubbed the back of our daughter and reached for a kiss on her head.


I watch as Amber her daughter's hair while whispering in Yeri's ears waking her Princess up but the kid wrapped her arms around her Appa's neck never letting go. Amber looked at me asking for help but I just laughed at her while my belly.


My eyes darted on our clock and it already reads 5:00 am. It means sunrise will be coming soon. A new beginning, a new day.


How many sunrises did Amber and I already share together? I can't count how many times now, because it was a lot and there will be many more to come.


As if she's reading my mind, Amber held my hand smiling, love and contentment written all over her eyes "Let's watch the sunrise together?"


I remember the night we met and how our lives changed. But she's still the same Amber that I love, who loves sunrise and sunsets.


"Of course... Always.." we smiled at each other and shared another kiss then stood up from the bed with her carrying the sleeping princess in her arms.


The kids came up to our room again and joined us at the balcony while watching the sun peek at the horizon slowly. Seulgi and Joohyun are beside me waving at the peeking golden sun.


"Annyeong Mr. Sun!"


"Annyeong!"


"Hey, weirdo..." I turned to her with my eyebrow raised.


"Yes Johnny..~"


"I love you..." I smiled at her returning the love she's giving me. "I love you too..." We grinned at each other touching our noses.

 

A cold breeze envelope the two of us making me smile. It's the same breeze I felt back then. Is that you Mom? 

 

I know you're watching over us especially your granddaughters, they are so cute and smart aren't they? I love you, Mom...

 


"And I love your mustache and beard too, Johnny..." I whispered to her giggling. She reached for her face rubbing her chin and saw some black ink on her fingers, dissolving into laughter. She playfully rubbed her face on me making me giggle.

 

"I'm your Johnny Depp forever..." 

 

We rubbed our noses together and connected our lips for 4 seconds cherishing every moment we spend together. Feeling all the love and happiness we share for each other. 

 

 

For me, that was one of the best 4 seconds of my life...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-Fin-