Salchow - 29

Edges and Toe Picks

A/N: Hey chingus! Early update for today! Did you like the double update yesterday? Hehehe we'll do that again today. 

Subscribe, comment , holler!

Peace yow! ✌

---------

 

Krystal's POV

 

"Babe.. wake up.. yoohoo..." I playfully poke Amber's cheeks repeatedly. She promised to accompany me to jog at the park then eat breakfast at the café we frequent. Seems she's still tired from yesterday's work, with drilling the team for their match in two days time.


We already went home late and I commanded her to sleep in my room since she's too tired to drive. I called Dani and told her that Amber won't be going home that night because her Amber unnie can't drive. I reminded her to set the security lock of the house and call Yuri unnie immediately if there's an emergency.


My bright dongsaeng snorted at me saying that the security features of Amber's house is unbreakable like how the Blue House is secured for the President. Yeah yeah I know... I'm just making sure because you will never know.


Jessi was still out with Donghae Oppa so maybe they're still with their friends. I told Amber to take a shower first and I'll just prepare her tea for her to drink before she sleeps like she always do. I never got to the kitchen because I was already pulled and carried inside my room by a grinning Amber and into the shower. We ended up spending two hours in the shower making love.


After our long and satisfying shower, I finally made the tea for her to drink and we snuggled together in my bed. I let her make my body her pillow, my hands running on her short hair massaging her head until we fell asleep.


It was already 7:00 am when I woke up from a good sleep, with Amber still clinging like a koala on my body. Her face buried on my neck making my skin tingle everytime her hot breath hits it. Remembering her promise, that's why I started poking and rolled on top of her so she'll wake up.


Hmmmm.... You still won't wake up huh! Let's see...


Poke poke poke


I played with her cheeks squishing them. No response, is even parted snoring lightly. I reached for the bedside drawer and found my greatest weapon, my pen marker. I grinned at my find and sat on Amber's waist my eyes looking for a space in her body where I can do my masterpiece.


How about her right arm? Lot's of tattoos here... What's this a maze? How cute... I lifted her singlet and saw that she's not wearing her binder underneath. Ohhh... I suddenly gulp and was going to pull down her singlet when I changed my mind.


I saw her tattoo of four stick figures in the left side of her chest. It's a representation of her family, - Amber, Jackie, her Mom and her Dad. She said she got it when she was 15 when their parents haven't decided to divorce, thinking that maybe their family will stay together. Although it didn't happen, she said atleast on her tattoo they are together.


I haven't met Jackie personally but we already talked and met through Skype when we video call her. She was really nice and funny, she and Amber resembled each other but she's a little dark. Jackie demanded us to visit her in L.A. sometime if we are not busy with training. I told her probably after my competition in Utah, if Amber will say yes.


Well... Maybe I can also draw that stick figures... So easy hahaha!!! Why don't we draw that here... Here you go. Two stick figures hand in hand. Should I put names under it? Nah.


I marvel at my masterpiece with a big smile on my face. Drawing 2 stick figures just above where her heart is. I know it's cheesy... But still, more acceptable than a drawing saying 'Amber x Soojung' or 'Soojung 💜 Amber'. They look so perfect! Hehehe...


"How about we add another figure..." I drew another one beside the two "There you go... Your name will be Seulgi. Hi Seulgi baby!" I blew on it to dry the ink. I was too immersed on what I was doing that I didn't notice Amber was already awake watching me with a fascinated smile on her face knowing that my weirdness is striking me early in the morning.


"Babe, why don't you add Yerim out there?" Her voice husky from her sleep looking amusely at me. I frowned on what she said like asking who the hell is Yerim?! Is she cheating on me?!


"Who the hell is that Yerim!?" I said clenching my teeth but still smiling at her. She laughed softly and gave me a smug smile.


"You had a baby Seulgi in there, add a baby Yerim so she'll have a playmate." I glared at her but did what she said and drew another one.


"There you go... So me, you, Seulgi, Yerim. So cute!"


"That will be lonely because they're just two... give them a dongsaeng!"


"Fine, fine! So demanding..." I hissed at Amber grinning at me then drew another stick figure beside Yerim. I blew it again to dry faster and marvel at it. What should I call you?


"That's Joohyun.. remember that. So that's me, you, Seulgi, Yerim, and Joohyun."


"Maybe that's enough because they are already three..." I told her while blowing it to dry.


"What if the two sisters go out and leave their dongsaeng alone, who will she play with? Mom and Dad is out of the house working, baby Joohyun is alone~.."


"Then I'll just bring her in practice... Mom always bring me in the rink when I was three years old while she practice. And you'll be there by the way! So take care of Joohyun while I practice!"


"Why don't you add two more.." I raised my right eyebrow on what she said. Are you playing with me this early Amber Liu?!

 

"Why am I going to add two more figures? That's too much! I'll just ask the two unnies to play with the younger one is that hard? I'll ground them if they won't do what I say!"


"Soojungie.. the more, the merrier. Both of us knows how to grow up in a household with just an older sister beside us. Although they are a great help and Jackie is my best friend same as you and Jessi, I always wished I have other siblings to play with and share my things." She said looking tenderly at me. Amber's right... Even I was wishing for a dongsaeng when I was young because I want a playmate.


"Okayyyy.... Let's add another two then it's done." I drew two more stick figures connecting it with the first five. Blowing it again to dry the ink, I looked at Amber and saw her smiling at me still amused on what I did. "I know babe, you don't have to speak. Yeah I'm weird yada yada.. don't worry I'll scrub this later on the shower."


"Hahaha! I didn't say anything babe.. and you look so beautiful by the way this morning."


"I know.." I flipped my hair dramatically making her laugh. I love watching her laugh... It's contagious and full of energy and enthusiasm.


"So let's name the two additions there... The first one is..?"


I thought for the first name that will enter my head. Hmmmm.... How about..


"Seung-hwan?" I blurted out.


"Okay.. Seung-hwan it is. How about the last one?" I thought again while drumming the pen on Amber's stomach. I didn't know naming a child is this hard...


"Soo young! I want Soo young. Let's name the last one Soo young." I remembered Sooyoung unnie and grinned. Why the hell not?


"Yeah that's Soo young. Now let's count them, so that's one, two, three, four, five, six, and seven. Seven figures. That will be you, me, Seulgi, Yerim, Joohyun, Seung-hwan, and Soo young. Wow... That's a bunch."

 

She chuckled amusely and spoke "Now Joohyun will not be alone because her two sisters will be there with us in the rink and watch you practice. Clapping their hands while you do your spins and jumps, then their two older sisters will arrive and they will watch you altogether."


"Hmmm... They will see their Appa slave driving their Eomma in practice. Tsk tsk tsk... That's so cruel~ my five little monkeys..." I pretended to cry making her laugh out loud.


I looked at Amber and she was still smiling at me still amused at what I did. Then, it suddenly struck me and my eyes went wide realizing what I have been doing. I covered my mouth with my hand and pulled her singlet down immediately with my free hand. This is so embarrassing.... Stupid Soojung.


"I-I-I... I'm going to make your t-tea babe. Wait here..." I tried to get up but she pulled my waist and sat in the bed. Her short hair sticking out.


"Hey... Relax... Soojung.. look at me."


"I'm sorry Am... I'll just scrub that later, okay? Forget about what i said earlier... Hahaha...that's so embarassing. I sound delusional..." Soojung... How can you forget... Amber doesn't like kids.. you're just making a fool of yourself talking to her about that.


"Soojung..."


I smiled at her and cupped her cheeks giving her a kiss. "I'll just prepare your tea, stay here.." I didn't let her see the sadness in my eyes and just stare down when I stood up from her lap and out of the bed. I picked up her T-shirt on the couch and wore it then rake my fingers in my hair brushing it back.


So, so, stupid and delusional of you Jung Soojung! I said to myself while bumping my head lightly on the fridge repeatedly while waiting for the water to boil. The coffeemaker stopped brewing and I pour some of the black liquid in my mug.


I should have stop on the two figures and didn't drew another one.


It's just drawings... No harm done Soojung.


But even though it's just drawings, it still meant something especially the way I talked about them. Like I'm planning a future that isn't gonna happen... Atleast on the kids part. Because I'm already set to spend my life with Amber so that's given.


Sigh. Sorry Seulgi, Yerim, Joohyun, Seung-hwan, and Soo young. You have to take a back seat. Wow... That's five! How am I going to carry that bunch?! But think about it... That will be one hell of a ruckus raising 5 kids running around in the courtyard at the house in Jeju playing football.


I shook my head trying to clear my mind off those delusional things. There were two used cups in the sink so maybe unnie invited Donghae Oppa last night to have some... Tea? Unnie brewed tea last night? Wow...


Leaning my back on the kitchen island, my mind wandered again on the thought of raising 5 little monkeys making me smile thinking of how I will teach them how to skate and probably one or two of them won't like it.


Just let me day dream Am... Even just for a while...

 

 

 

 

Amber's POV

 


Leaning on the side of the door, I watched how Soojung smile tilting her head on what she's thinking about. She was sipping her coffee while leaning her back on the kitchen island waiting for the water to boil.


Even though she gave me a smile earlier, I saw sadness on it. She can never hide anything.. she's too obvious at times like this.


"I'm sorry Am... I'll just scrub that later, okay? Forget about what i said earlier... Hahaha...that's so embarassing. I sound delusional..."


I'm not complaining about the drawing and the talk... I also initiated it and told her things to do and put the thought on her mind. At first, I was just teasing her. Then it became a word vomit because of the scenarios playing in my head. It was the first time I thought of that because it was always just Soojung and what we will do and where I will take her and how our life will be in the future.


When I heard her naming the figure like it was a real person I started day dreaming and added the name Yerim. A scenario suddenly pops out, seeing two kids playing together but they seem incomplete. That's where the other came to life... And the thought of her being applauded by them and me guiding them on the ice like ducklings forming a line and teaching them to play hockey.


Come to think of it, it's gonna be a hockey starting line up if that happens. I smiled on the thought shaking my head. You have to decide Amber, don't make her sad. But don't do it if you're not that interested. It will only hurt her more if you do it half heartedly.


You have to commit yourself and fully understand what you are going to do. You have to put your full attention and heart if you're going to decide about having kids.


The beautiful smile on her face suddenly faded and was replaced by a sad smile. Am I making you sad Soojung? Did I hurt you earlier? I didn't mean it...

 


She finished making the tea and that's my cue to make my presence known. I tiptoed my way to her and hugged her from the back pressing my body on Soojung. "It's done?" I asked her about the tea.


"Jesus Christ! Amber! Don't surprise me like that. Yep tea is done... Want some honey?" I raised my eyebrow on her playfully making her blush "Yah! No pun intended! You byuntae.."


"Yes some honey please!" I released her and picked up her coffee mug and my cup of tea bringing it on Jessi's new dining table that we bought using my Black card. We didn't told Jessi we used that card because if she knew about it, well I'll be damned.


Soojung talked about the two mugs in the sink and seeing a pair of shoes in the door that obviously belongs to a man. That means Jessi's friend had a sleepover.. ohhh... She was telling me about Sulli calling her the other day and asking to meet up with us for dinner in two days time. Luna and Victoria will also be joining us because apparently, they became all close when I was gone. I wiped the side of with my thumb while she continued on talking.


How can I make it up to you Soojung?

 

 

---------

 

"Luna, Sulli, please just help me find a gift for Soojung! Be a good friend and help me!" I clasp my hands together in front of my friends asking for her help.


Nothing change after that morning, like Soojung already forgot that it happened. We followed our normal schedule and still happy with each other. Her smiles and laughter are still the same and my love for her keeps on getting stronger.


Two weeks has passed, but it's still on my head, the scenarios and Soojung's sad smile. I want to make up for being the reason of that sad smile but I can't think of anything that I can give her. That's why I called Luna and Sulli to meet them in the café to ask for help. I told them not to tell Soojung about our meeting today.


"Amber, just give her jewelry." Luna suggested while eating her cheese cake.


"She's not that fond of jewelry... But she likes watches."


"How about a book?"


"She's still reading the latest book we bought the other day."


I sighed loudly, sipping my tea while looking outside the glass window. So hard....


"By the way, why are you troubling yourself with getting the best gift? Don't tell me you cheated on Soojung!!??" My eyes turned wide hearing what Sulli said.


"What?! NO!! I will never do that to her! I love my Soojung very much!" There's no way I'm going to do that to her. She can kill me if I do that to her.


"Then why do you have to give a gift so special that you can't think about anything?! You can build an ice rink for her if you want, you can buy that new ice skates for her and she'll thank you enough." Luna said to me making me scratch my head. Soojung isn't keen on spending too much and if she finds out I dish out another big amount she's going to kill me.


Sulli held a thinking pose then lit up like a bulb. "Hyung! Why not cook for her or brew a cup of coffee for her. She'll appreciate even the simplest things you'll do for Soojung because Amber, my friend is head over heels in love with you."


Luna crossed her arms at me with an understanding look like she has an idea what is going on. She's always with Soojung when working out so maybe she knew about it. I just hope they can help me.


"Amber... I don't know what's going on between you and Soojung. I saw her one time staring at air smiling like she's day dreaming." Luna smiled while remembering her friend.


Sulli agreed with Luna and shared her own story "Yeah... She also did that when we met for coffee yesterday. A kid went to our table and ask for a photo with her and autograph, the kid was so cute and chubby. She can't get enough of the kid that she repeatedly kiss it's cheeks. When the kid left, that's when she became immersed in her own world. If I didn't threw a napkin at her she wouldn't wake up."


I covered my face with my hands and leaned back on my chair. Arrrghhhhhhh... Amber this is your fault! Why are you so stupid?!


She's not asking you to have kids now... She's just sharing to you what she dreams of.


"Soojung likes kids... I told her before that I hate kids. Although we have that difference we respect each other's view. I feel that sometimes I'm making her sad, because she thinks it will be all just.... dreams...you know, us raising kids of our own. That it will never happen..."


A hand patted my shoulders and it was Sulli smiling warmly at me "Hyung, I know Soojung. She's not the kind of person who sulks in the corner if she doesn't get what she wants. She'll understand it, whatever your reason is."


"Tell me Amber.." Luna still looking at me with a frown on her face "why do you hate kids? Or is it the responsibility of raising one that's making you not like them?"


I thought of what she said and sigh. Yeah Amber, why? Is it because you're afraid that you won't be able to raise your kid right?


I looked at them with a sheepish expression and nodded my head "I'm afraid I won't be a good parent if ever we decide to have our own kids. I'm afraid that she will be disappointed at me if I do wrong in raising them."


"My mom and dad... They left me and my sister after they divorced. Since we're over 18, they said we should start living our life without them and they have a new family to tend. Mom was too focused on her work that she forgot that she has two kids to raise. Dad..." I shook my head remembering the past "he was always out of the house. Sometimes he won't go home for a month or two. When he comes home, he will scold me and my sister for being irresponsible or not studying well."


"So you see.." I smiled sadly at them "I'm afraid that I'll become my parents."


They shared a smile understanding what I confessed to them. Luna placed her hand over mine and sigh "Amber, even though your parents did that to you and your sister... It doesn't mean that you will do that to your future kids. This is the time where you should be more positive and prove to your parents that you're not like them. You are your own person, you are a very good person."


"Hyung you don't have to be afraid, because Soojung will help you and tell you if you're doing it wrong or right. Not all parents are perfect, but not all of them are bad."


We talked some more and Sulli excitedly told us that she's going to film her first CF next week. We congratulated her and promised to meet again if time permits. Luna said Jjong will pick her up and go straight to meet Jjong's mom.


We said our goodbyes outside and Luna pulled me on the corner and patted my shoulder "Amber, think about it first. Don't decide if your heart is not into it. If you really think that you're making her sad, discuss it with Soojung and tell her about your fears and doubts. She'll understand you more if you explain it to her and she will be glad that you shared it with her. It's not like she's asking you to do it now! You still have time... All she needs is assurance that you'll commit yourself on it."


"She loves you... Remember that Ber."


I smiled at her and nodded. Jjong came and Luna entered their car and waved at me saying goodbye. Seems I'm all by myself now...


I decided to take a walk while thinking and my feet led me to the park that Soojung and I always go to. I sat on the swing and played trying to calm my mind. With every swing I tell myself, I love Soojung and I want to make her happy.


"Oppa!"


A chubby little girl was staring at me with a cute smile on her face playing with her hands. Looks like she wants to ride the swing too...


"Oppa! Can you help me ride the swing, pwease?"


Stopping the swing, I smiled and kneeled in front of her "Hello...er... Where is your Dad and Mom? Are you alone?"


"Oppa, do you see anyone beside me?"


"Err... No. I'm just asking..." This kid is something. "I mean... You're still small, they might look for you worried that you're not in the house."


She became sad and played with her fingers looking down "Mommy and Daddy is still in the office. My Grandma is sleeping in our house and I don't have anyone to play with. That is our house Oppa!" She pointed at the nearest house in the park. "It's just near so don't worry Oppa!"


She look so cute and cuddly and fluffy! I want to pinch her cheeks and smother her with hugs and kisses.... if Soojung is here she'll definitely go crazy with this kid. So so like a bear hehehe....


"Don't be sad... Okay, do you want to ride the swing?"


"Ne, Oppa!"


"I'm not an Oppa, I'm unnie.. call me Amber unnie."


"Bwoah!!" Her eyes went wide like a cute bear and grinned at me "But I want to call you Oppa! Amber Oppa! Pwease??!?"


Fine. "Arasso, arasso." I lifted her and boy, she's heavy! I placed her on the swing for the kids and placed the belt on her body. Her tummy was big hehehe....


"Swing Oppa! Swing! Swing! Swing!!" She spazz on the swing like a crazy bee. I rolled my eyes on her and smiled, I went at her back and gently pushed the swing making her giggle. It was fun, watching her laugh out loud and giggle.


We also played on the slides and I bought ice cream for the two of us. We were sitting on the bench our ice cream when she suddenly asked me.


"Oppa, do you have a girlfriend?"


"Ne, little bear. Her name is Krystal." I smiled at her and wiped the ice cream on her chin.


"Kryshtal!? She has the same name with the ice skater Kryshtal Jung! I watched her on TV she's very jjang!" She cutely said raising her thumb. Awww... So cute!


"Actually little bear, my girlfriend is Krystal the ice skater. Krystal Jung..."


"Bwoah!!! Jjinja?! Can I meet her? Pwease pwease pwease??!!" She pouted so cutely at me I pinch her cheeks lightly.


"Next time little bear, I'll bring her here and we will play with you. I know she'll love you because she likes kids."


"Oppa, I wish you're my Daddy. My daddy won't play with me because he's always tired from work. And Mommy too." She pouted sadly at me. I patted her head and smiled.


"Little bear, your mommy and daddy is working because they want to give you what you like. They need money to buy your favorite candy bar."


"But I don't want a candy bar..." she said still pouting then she looked at me teary eyed "I just wanted to play with them." Awww... Don't be sad little bear.


"There, there, little bear don't cry... Let's play! Come on! Oppa will play with you! Do you want to play in the sand box?"


She was still pouting adorably and nodded her head. We finished our ice cream and I had her drink water then held her hand as we go to the sand box. I sat there beside her and played like a kid, raking the sand and just having fun with her. I don't know why kids love playing here but still, it felt great.


Her smile was so precious especially when her cute dimples show and her eyes was twinkling while giggling in whatever stupid thing I do. Her laughter was contagious and I thought to myself, I wish this little bear is my kid.


I suddenly smiled to myself realizing something. I already spent hours with this kid, making sure that she's having fun and well taken care of. So this is what it feels to have a kid... You want to take away those tears on their eyes and replace it with a smile. Doing everything, even if it's stupid just to see them smile.


"Oppa, promise me."


"What is it little bear?" I asked her while patting her dress full of sand.


"When you have kids, can you please bring them here in the park so we can play?" Her face was so innocent and hopeful. Her pinky finger waiting for mine to seal the deal. I chuckled at her.


The thought of her playing with my own kids running around and playing in the sand box suddenly crossed my mind. How happy they look and how they laugh will be like music to my ears. They will definitely be one big ruckus and balls of energy and mischievousness which definitely they will get from their Mom.


I just stared at her looking for something to say...then I smiled and wrapped my pinky fingers with her. "Promise little bear...I will."


"Yay!!!! You promise that Oppa!"


"I'm unnie, Amber unnie."


"Oppa."


"Unnie."


"Okay.... I got to go now Oppa my Grandma might be looking for me! Take care of Kryshtal unnie Oppa!! Bye!"


"Wait little bear! I'll just tie my shoe laces.." when I finished tying it she's nowhere to be found. She's fast huh... I never even heard her running away.


I decided to take a walk going home still thinking of something to give to my Soojung. A bright idea came to my mind.


Holding my phone, I scrolled through the contacts and called the person I needed this time.


"Hey what's up? Yeah I'm okay... How about you?.. that's great. Umm.. I have a favor to ask ... Can you squeeze me in? Yeah... Hahaha... More or less an hour not that complicated. Now I hope..I'm just near the area. Oh yeah? Great! I'll be there in 5 minutes. Yeah.. bye see yah!"


I know you'll love this Soojungie... Because that's how much I love you.