Lutz - 22

Edges and Toe Picks

A/N: Hey chingus! Just dropping off another update for today. See yah tomorrow! 

Peace yow! ✌

----------

It was a beautiful morning for me and Amber, well yeah even if Jessi barged in our room earlier. Now I know where Dani got that trait.

 

But for Jessi, it's a terrible morning. 

 

Jessi was scrubbing the table thoroughly wearing a pair of gloves and face mask when Amber and I went out of my room after taking a shower separately. We don't want Jessi taking down my door again because of rage.


I see different kinds of cleaners in the table making me cringe as she faced me with a cold glare. It was suppose to be a good morning, we wake up and cuddle then maybe do it again. That was what I'm planning to do but Ms. Dining Table here ruined the moment even scoring a punch on my girlfriend's nose again. Luckily, no broken nose at all.


I went to the kitchen and started preparing breakfast, actually, just Frosted corn flakes and Coco Pops hehehe.... And some slices of mangoes, strawberries, kiwis, blueberries, and banana. I don't cook that well, it's always Jessi who cooks for us. I can live with take out food and delivery, even with just Coco Pops. But I'm good in baking, Mom taught me back then so I'm a pro when it comes to making cookies and cakes.


Since we won't be able to eat at the dining table, we settled in the couch and placed our bowls on the center table. I gave the boxes of cereals to Amber and took the carton of fresh milk in the fridge. Jessi tried to kick my shin but I dodged her running to where my girlfriend is, shouting.


"Unnie!! I said I'm sorry! Don't be a kid..." I pouted at her hiding at Amber's back making her my human shield.


"Aww!! Jess unnie that hurts!"


"Don't call me unnie you monkey!"


Since she can't kick me, she proceeded on kicking my shield continuously while Yuri stops her, hugging her from the back and lifting her away from us.


"Sooyeon! STOP this now!" surprisingly, unnie stopped her attacks on us and sat down on the single seater crossing her legs and took off her face mask and hand gloves mumbling something and threw it across us.


Yuri unnie just shook her head and gave her a bowl with cereals and went to our kitchen to get us coffee. I followed her leaving Amber behind on the couch, staying away from unnie's murderous glare.


"Unnie! Don't you dare try to lift a finger on Amber, I'm going to punch Yuri unnie!" I saw Yuri unnie's eyes widened at me and I winked at her telling that it's just a joke.


She prepared our pour over coffee while I brew Amber's tea that I have stocked in our pantry. She has to have her daily fix of Chamomile tea in the morning with her breakfast while I need my coffee, black no sugar.


"Yuri unnie... Are you... You know...you and Jessi." I asked her while waiting for the water to boil in our stove. She placed down the cup on our kitchen island and sighed. She looks a little troubled while tracing the marble design of the table top with her fingers.


I found out from Amber what Yuri unnie had gone through before when she and unnie broke up. The attempted suicide, Dad crushing her dreams of going Pro, having some anxiety attacks when she encounters someone who looks like unnie or anything that will remind of unnie. Even the simplest song that they like before.


Jessi has successfully made Yuri unnie comfortable with her again and it seems like something is going on between them. Unnie tried her best to be friends with Yuri unnie and she succeeded because I think their friendship right now is kinda special.


They give hints of more than friends, less than lovers. Unnie told me that Yuri unnie is confusing her with all they are doing. Of course I knew about it, well not all because unnie still tends to keep other details private.


"Your unnie and I are still figuring this out Soojung. We're better off like this, 'friends'... Labeling this will change everything and I'm not yet ready." The water boiled and she took the kettle making our coffee.


She poured some hot water on the teapot and smiled at me. We heard unnie from the living area nagging on Amber again on why we defiled her precious dining table. This is so embarrassing....


Yuri unnie was controlling her laugh while we listen how unnie spew nagging words at my poor girlfriend on why we shouldn't have done the deed on the table because of sanitary reasons. That she won't ever eat again on our table like she used to do without remembering that we did the unthinkable on top of it.


"Ottoke..." I muttered under my breath totally embarassed in front of Amber's cousin as my girlfriend answered unnie that we didn't reach my room because I was hurrying her and I don't want to do it in the couch or at the carpet. I'm gonna punch that monkey in her stomach later just wait! I know unnie will have another bullet to fire at me with the new information my girlfriend stupidly spilled to my vengeful sister.


"By the way Soojung, is there any news about the background of Dani's mother?" She asked me while finishing the last cup. Arranging the cups of coffee and tea on the tray, I sighed for the second time today and faced her.


"The information we found out is sad. I asked Amber if we should tell Dani about it and she said we have to prepare her first before telling it all."


"I think Dani will accept whatever her mother has done before. Even if she grew up not knowing her, I'm sure Grandma Kim told her stories about her mother's stay in Jeju. Dani is a bright girl, she'll understand."


"I hope so unnie... And the lab results are out.." I told her smiling after I have discarded the coffee filters we used.


"Jjinja! So it's a match?!" I nodded at her happily as she lifted the tray and we went back to the two most important persons in our life still bickering.


Unnie was still harrassing Amber that's why she offered to just buy a new dining table for unnie in exchanged of the defiled one just to stop her lashing at me. Jessi seemed to be contented on the agreement and said that she will search for the most expensive table in the market and will let my girlfriend pay for it.


Amber sulk beside me pouting, because Jessi will make sure she get what she wants. Even Yuri can't stop her when she goes passionate about having something she wants. All I can do is hug Amber sideways while we sit on the couch while my sister is happily eating her bowl of cereals while talking to Yuri about work.


"Babe, I hope I don't get bankrupt on what your unnie will choose. If that happens, maybe I need to go back playing again tsk tsk..." She whispered at me so that unnie will not hear it.


"Let's just share the cost.. we still have to save money for Dani's education and her needs. We also have Do-yeon and Shannon to think about too... Unnie's gonna drain us I know her. Tsk tsk..."


"I don't mind dishing that large amount... What's important is we enjoyed it... I get to pleasure you.." she winked at me making me blush like a teenager. I squished her face with the palm of my hands making her lips pucker then I gave her pecks on her tea flavored lips smiling. Why so cute~..


Our momentary sweetness came to an end when unnie threw a pillow in my head making me smash my lips to Amber's head. My sister is really barbaric..


"YAH!! UNNIE!! That hurts~.." I said covering my stinging lips. Amber checked it carefully if there are some bleeding, luckily there was none.


"Stop that mushiness you two... You're giving me a headache. You two talk like a married couple raising 3 teenagers studying in college being problematic about their expenses." Jessi snickered at us feigning annoyance.


I threw the pillow back to her face and stucked my tongue out. "We're just talking about the reality of the situation. Dani's education is important you know that."


Although Amber already paid for her school fees and her other needs, we still need to save some money for her in the future. Now that we got the results from the lab, unnie and I decided to give her all she needs in a little way we can.


We still don't know how to break the news to her. Amber and I didn't tell her about the DNA test we paid for. I took a sample of her hair in her brush and her toothbrush when she was out with her friends. We submitted it on a testing center together with mine and unnie's samples.


It was a hard process because originally to have better results, the clinic also suggests to have DNA samples of the biological mothers. But since both our mothers are already dead, they settled for what we have. They need to yield a result that we share 25% of our genes.


We got the results the other day, Jessi and I cried out of happiness and relief while reading it. If Dad will just give his cooperation and say yes to the test we can have a 100% result. All we wanted is for him to acknowledge Dani as his legitimate child, just that. The kid deserves it, to compensate what he did to Ailee. She doesn't have to be alone in this world because she still has a family ready to take care of her.


Yuri unnie cleared and spoke while mixing the cereals in her bowl "So.... When do you plan on telling Dani about her being one of the Jungsis?"


"We are just preparing her... After this special ice skating event on Saturday I'm joining, maybe we can already break the news to her."


"Dad is still cold hearted in our request. He said he will only say yes to the test if we heed to his request." Unnie said clenching her fist.


Amber held my hand tucking it inside the pocket of her hoodie. "We've come this far and Soojung's training has been perfect. He can't stop her from competing again. You worked hard too Jessi.. maybe we can think of something to convince him to do it." She held a strawberry in my mouth and fed me.


Yuri unnie suddenly stood up like she found out the answer to all the questions in the world "We can ask someone to take a sample of his specimen."


"Yuri you do know that my Dad is a very snobby ahjussi. No one can go near him unless he permitted you to do."


"But Dad.." I lit up and we shared an excited moment because our minds met "He has a weakness.. and i think I know what Yuri unnie has in mind. We just have to play it without him knowing it. We can get the specimen that we need without breaking a sweat."


Amber was gawking at me reading my expression. When she realized what I meant her eyes went wide "Oh! Now you're talking! Yuri you're such a smart girl !"


"I know !" She said flipping her hair. Unnie was just looking at the three of us still not getting on what we were talking about. She shook her head and stood up announcing her exit.


"Whatever the three of you are planning, just do it clean. I'm gonna shower, I have an appointment to go to."


"You didn't tell me we have to be somewhere later?" Yuri unnie asked her. Amber and I were are watching them while I feed this monkey with her Coco Pops.


Unnie's face became red thinking of something to say. "Ummm... I'll be going alone Yuri. It's something personal so you don't need to drive me there. I can manage."


"O-okay... As you say so." An awkward silence filled the air between them as we watch unnie enter her room to get ready.


Something personal huh? That's weird... She didn't ask Yuri to drive her. Maybe she's meeting someone in secret...


Well she and Yuri are just friends like what they said. Maybe unnie decided to meet other people to divert her attention. Could it be...


"Maybe she has a date..." I said out of the blue while wiping Amber's mouth with a napkin. I glimpse on Yuri once in a while to check her reaction and it's so precious I wish I caught it in video.

 


Think about it Yuri unnie... if you really love unnie, make a move now or you'll regret it later.