Toe Loop - 12

Edges and Toe Picks

A/N: Hi guys! Still alive from the cheesiness? It's a double update today because I'm thankful to all our subscribers who upvoted the story and to our tireless chingus who waits for the updates. Please do leave your reactions on that rectangle box at the bottom if you have anything to say. 

Thank you guys and happy Sunday! 

Subscribe, comment, holler!

Peace yow! ✌

Cr to whoever owns this gif.

------------

 

tumblr_lllky5E6Ad1qelqsho1_500.gif

 

"Maybe we should use this waterproof eyeliner Dani..." I did my masterpiece and looked at it. Woah! Perfect!


"Yeah, much better. Let's get out of here unnie before she wakes up."


Dani helped me get out of the bed and we went down to have breakfast. Amber was left inside the room still sleeping in her air mattress. I gave her a flying kiss before we went down giggling.


Grandma prepared a hearty breakfast for us and Tia is already at the dining table when we arrived munching on some waffles. There's bacon (yum!), sausages, scrambled egg, Spam, some greens, mangoes, strawberries, blueberries, there's even slices of kiwis and yogurt. Wow, it's like a hotel buffet we have in here.


"Soojung, Dani, sit down and have breakfast. Tia already started without you.." we sat down and started to eat. Grandma poured some coffee for me and went back to the kitchen. When she emerged, she has her coat on and her bag in her shoulders.


"I'm going to the market Dani, just tell Amber I'm out. Enjoy your breakfast Soojung! I'll leave in you in their care." Grandma smiled at us and went out the house.


We were enjoying our food when Amber decided to join us, that made Tia choke on her food and burst out laughing. There was a towel hanging on her neck and she look so fresh because she just got out of shower but what made Tia laugh like that is Amber's face.


"Well helloooo.... Captain Jack Sparrow!" Tia blurted out and continued on laughing.


My masterpiece is still visible on her face, specifically on her snout and chin. She tried to wash it with water but it can't be easily taken off. Amber was looking at me and Dani with a very cold glare. She sat beside me and I smiled at her controlling myself not to laugh. Dani was biting her spoon controlling herself not to laugh too.


But Tia, Tia is Tia. She can't stop laughing but when Amber looked at her with a menacing stare she slowly stopped and minded her food. Ooh... That was scary.


"Amber... W-what do you want to eat?" I asked her while she pour some hot water on her tea. She like drinking tea I noticed that, green tea and chamomile.


"I'm good.. how about you? Have you eaten a lot?"


"Not much... I was waiting for you.." I answered her biting my lips like a kid. She really look so handsome with that fake moustache ala Jack Sparrow with a goatee.


"Well then, let's eat.." she smiled at me and placed a waffle on her plate, spreaded cream cheese on it then added strips of bacon and some greens. Then drizzled some maple syrup on, after that she folded it like a sandwich then cut it into two. Wow. It look so... Tasty. I think I want it too.


"Is that good...?" I asked her eyeing the sandwich in her plate.


"Yeah, the best!"


She took a bite of her waffle sandwich and I can't help myself but open my mouth too and bite into air. Amber's eating it like the sandwich is the best thing in this world. She was going to take a bite again when she noticed me looking at her like a hungry puppy.


"Wanna taste it?" I nodded eagerly at her and she offered the sandwich to me. "Say ah..." I opened my mouth and bite into the goodness of her weird craving. It's actually good! The cream cheese and maple syrup giving the extra yummyness on the sandwich. I held on to her hand holding the sandwich and just bite and bite into it. "Another one?" I nodded giving her an eyesmile while chewing the food inside my mouth.


"That will be 50,000 Won for the next sandwich. The first one is free." She said grinning at me.


I slapped her arm playfully pushing her in her seat. I shouldn't have said last night that I will pay. She's going to drain me if this goes on.


I snatched the remaining sandwich on her plate with much protest from her and started to eat it. Soooo good.. I love it! I think I'm in love.....

 


With the sandwich. I said to my mind while biting to it and looking at Amber smiling amusely at me. Am I also falling for the charms of the one who made the sandwich? Remember Soojung! Dani said she's a player.


But she's so sweet and caring, attentive and nice, good hearted and kind, Dani said it's the first time Amber acted like this in a girl. What if she just want to score at me then leave me after she's finished?


I think it's you who wanted to score on her Soojung, my mind said. Well... I... Damn.


Just look at that arms, and that smile. That pair of eyes I just want to stare at all day long, that lips I so damn well want to ravage. That hair so silky and smooth I want to run my fingers on and pull it intensely out of passion. I'm losing my mind.


'Then stay beside me..'

 


Does she mean it? Or is it just another cheesy line of hers she uses to other girls? But she said it with sincerity Soojung...


I placed the sandwich on surprising her, urging her to bite. She took a big bite chewing it while smiling at me like she won the jackpot or something. She reached for my mouth and rubbed the maple syrup off the side of it with her thumb. I smiled at her and continued on feeding her.


"Cheesy KryBer strikes again..." Dani muttered while looking at us with a cheeky grin. Tia whistled and they high fived to each other.


"What's with the KryBer?" Amber asked refilling my coffee mug.


"Krys-Ber. Krystal + Amber = KryBer. You know like in idols, think about DaraHae or GTae. Duh..." Dani rolled her eyes at Amber making us laugh. The way she roll her eyes... it's really like unnie's way. I'm being delusional.


"Huh! Really smart Dani... Smart. But DaraHae and GTae doesn't date." Amber scoffed at her while drinking her tea.


"Well... Is KryBer dating??" Dani smartly retorted to her making Amber choke on her tea. I turned beet red hearing it and patted Amber's back.


She looked at me sheepishly and smiled. "Well ... I was planning to ask you later if you w-want to go on a date later...L-like a p-picnic Soojung." She scratched her head shyly.


Who wouldn't like a shy Amber?! She look so cute being red and fidgety. "Sure! W-what time are we going?" Her face lit up nodding "After lunch... Then we'll go back before dinner. We have to rest early later for the flight tomorrow. So... It's a date?"


I nodded excitedly at her and shoved the remaining sandwich on "It's a date!"


"How about us? Can we tag along?" Dani and Tia asked pouting at Amber. She just smirked at them and rolled her eyes like how Dani did earlier.

 

 


"Duh! Of course! You can't!"

 

 

 


After breakfast the teens cleaned the table while Amber did some final check on the house. She said she's making sure that Grandma will be safe, Joey will be living with her for a while so she won't be alone. There's a spare guestroom that he's going to use.


I went outside and sat on the swing staring at the view since I can't do anything because of my handicap. I texted unnie informing her that I'm having a good time, that I met someone and I'll be home tomorrow. She replied saying that she's glad I'm having a good time because I needed it, and asking who the hell the guy I met. I haven't told her it's not a guy, I'll probably tell her when we meet tomorrow at home.


I asked her if she knew someone named Yuri Kwon and she hasn't replied. Maybe she's still picking her mind. I texted her again with the question hanging on my mind since last night. Then all of a sudden my phone out.


Shoot. I forgot to charge it. And my charger is inside Amber's room upstairs. That will be tedious to do, going up and down the stairs. I'll just gonna charge it later, maybe ask Amber for help.


The girls and I hanged out at the courtyard loving the sunshine while Amber does her stuff inside the house. Turns out she was cleaning the living area, vacuuming and dusting. Making sure it's immaculately clean, Tia said.


Dani said Amber always do the cleaning. She doesn't want Grandma to be tired and she loves cleaning. More of she's OC, Dani said and Amber doesn't like a dusty and disorganized house. Wow... Impressive. I couldn't even clean my room without Jess shouting..


Grandma arrived with her goods bought from the market and started to prepare for lunch. She told us to just stay there and will just call us if the food is ready. Oh my God! I've never been this well fed before. I think I'm gaining weight because of all the eating I did here in Jeju.


Sunday's like this with the family is what I miss the most. Back when Mom was still alive and we haven't uncover Dad's activities.


Amber came calling us inside telling that she's done with the cleaning. I shrieked when she suddenly scooped me bridal style and brought me inside the house on the living area. The two teens followed us shouting at Amber with my crutches on their hands.


Not bad. The whole place smells nice and spotless, clean and dust free. She offered to play Monopoly to kill some time and to bond with the two teens. She's so doting on the two teens, like they are her daughters.


I found out from Tia that she lives with Joey and Kangin. Her parents are on the US running their business and just sends money to her. That was why she was always here in Amber's house from morning till night. She said she doesn't want to be alone in the house and Grandma always cook good food. Her part time job was just to kill time and earn some money. Her studies will be supported by her parents and they trusted her to Amber while studying in Seoul.


It was a fun game, we got Amber go to Bankruptcy 5 times and looks like she's enjoying her temporary moustache because she sometimes get into character playing with the two. I wish all my Sundays are like this.

 

 


After lunch, Amber told me to get change because we will be leaving in 30 minutes. She helped me going up to her room and gave me her hoodie. She said that I should wear it. She went downstairs again while I refresh myself and change my clothes.


When she got back, she changed her shirt and wore a black hoodie too. She wore her black snapback while I wore my baseball cap and led me downstairs.


"Ow! Couple hoodies!" Dani teased us making me giggle.


"Shut up.."


"Head gears too. Do you need some face masks guys?"


"No! We're going! Grandma, Soojung and I are going, we'll be back before dinner." Amber and I said goodbye to Grandma and to the two who kept teasing us. They really don't get tired with all their witty remarks at Amber.


She placed the seat belt at me and I saw a picnic basket and blankets at the back of the Jeep. Just where are we going?


She started to drive and I can feel the wind brushing on my face and the sun shining on us. Such a wonderful day to have a road trip with this cute thing beside me driving. She look so hot wearing that snapback and dark glasses, plus her Jack Sparrow moustache and goatee that she still can't erase. I wanna sit on her lap and just....


Stop that Soojung! You're being so obvious... Are you deprived?!


Hell yeah! I am! The only time I met someone that understands me, sparks flew when we met that night. Am I going to deprive myself of getting to know this kind hearted and hot person beside me? Of course no!


She might not be a guy, but she has all the qualities I look up for a person.


Amber looked at me for a moment while driving, smiling cutely. Oh Gahd... I think my heart just skipped a beat with that smile.


"Why don't we play a song in the radio?" I told her and she made a thumbs up. I need to distract myself and not tell her to stop on that side and just kiss her. I turn the radio ON and Girl's Generation played in the waves.

 


I got a boy meotjin I got a boy chakan
(I got a boy a cool one, I got a boy a kind one)
I got a boy handsome boy nae mam da gajeogan
(I got a boy handsome boy who took all my heart)
I got a boy meotjin I got a boy chakan
(I got a boy a cool one, I got a boy a kind one)
I got a boy awesome boy wanjeon banhaenna bwa
(I got a boy awesome boy guess I've fallen for him)

 


Okayyyy.... This is not what I expected...


I immediately changed frequency making Amber look at me wondering why I changed it.


"It was good... Girl's Generation. Don't you like it?"


"I'm more of the jazz type... Hehehe..." Fudge.


"O-okay.."


I pushed the button of the radio channels searching for a jazz station then it finally went through. The y sounds of jazz came in... And it's actually...

 


'I've been really tryin', baby
Tryin' to hold back this feeling for so long
And if you feel like I feel, baby
Then, c'mon, oh, c'mon, woo
Let's get it on, ah baby
Ah, baby, let's get it on
Let's love, baby
Let's get it on, sugar
Let's get it on, woo hoo'

 

 

Marvin Gaye.


Oh .


That one special song of the jazz legend literally screaming "LET'S HAVE BABY!"

 


I immediately turned OFF the radio and just sat back on my seat. What the hell!? Why are the songs in the radio today giving me some kind of a premonition?! Or I'm just thinking a lot and panicking.


Amber has a smirk on her lips looking amusely at me. Good thing I have my baseball cap on or else she might have seen how red I am from embarassment. Damn that radio tsk tsk. I turned to my right and just counted the poles we pass through.


"Soojung... You can use my iPhone and plug it at the Jeep speaker. Promise, nothing like Marvin Gaye on that phone." She laughed softly at me earning a slap on his arm.


"Pabo... Where's your phone!?"


"In my pocket." She pointed on her right short pocket and i see the shape of the phone there. I reached for her pocket and just shove my hand in there not thinking. I pat her thigh looking for it. Damn.. why is this pocket so deep? Unknowingly, my driver is already feeling something unusual with my innocent pats on her thigh and just holding her breath. A few more pats and I got the phone bringing it out of her pocket.


She released a long breath making me look at her weirdly. What happened to her?


"Amber... Are you okay?"


"No... I mean yes! I'm okay! I'm just tired but we're near! Haha.." she was sweating profusely and her hold on the steering wheel was so tight.


"Are you sure you're okay? Do you want to stop on the roadside first and rest?" I asked her checking her temperature. She's a bit hot but maybe it's because of the sun.


"No need! Hahaha! I'm okay Soojung! Just play a happy song!"


I muttered okay and checked her playlist. There's a lot of songs that I don't know, some of them are in English and some are Korean. Some are even Chinese. I don't know what to play, maybe I'll just set it on shuffle and press Play.


The beat of the song is catchy then the voice of the singer filled the airwaves.

(Play this)

 

amudo chatji annneun bam
(On a night where no one looks for me)
joyonghi ullineun sori
(I hear a quietly ringing sound)
yeonghwa sogui geu jangmyeoncheoreom
(Like a scene from the movies)
sunganeul nan nochyeobeoryeosseo
(I lost that moment)

achime nuneul tteoboni
(When I opened my eyes in the morning)
jakkuman niga tteoolla
(I kept thinking of you)

 


Amber suddenly joined the song while driving and her voice is not a joke. It was good, like singer good. I decided to take a video of her singing and show it to Dani later.

 


akkyeodueotdeon gamchwodueotdeon
(My heart that I saved, that I hid away)
nae mam modu boyeojulgeoya
(I will show it all to you)

mareul haejullae
(I want to tell you)
dan hanbeondo deutji motan mal
(Words that you haven’t ever heard)
neoman bomyeon hago sipeun mal
(Words I want to tell you when I see you)
honjaseoneun hal su eomneun mal
(Words I can’t say by myself)
neol saranghae
(I love you)

 


She's really enjoying the song based on her facial expressions and her wacky poses at me. I was laughing while taking her video and she was trying to take it from me.


"Just mind your driving and sing!"

 

 

naege wajullae
(Will you come to me?)
nuneul gamgo neol anajullae
(I wanna close my eyes and hug you)
seotuljiman soksagyeojullae
(I’m not good but I wanna whisper)
nae ape seoinneun saram love you
(To the person in front of me, love you)

saranghaejullae (I want to love you)
gyeote isseullae (I want to be by your side)

 

The way she said that last 2 lines of the song looking straight at me took my breath away. Her eyes were full of sincerity and hope. Like she's asking if it's okay to do it for me. I stopped taking the video and just smiled at her but deep inside my heart was beating wildly.


It's just a song Soojung.. just a song. You're thinking too much... don't think too much or it will ruin you. You might lose her...


We arrived safely at our destination, with me just being quiet at her and just answering if she ask something. There's this tension between us that I can't explain and i don't want to spoil our moment just because of my stupidity.


The beach was so beautiful, with white sands and clear blue waters. Too bad I can't walk properly in the sand nor swim because of my leg. I would love to go back here and test this waters when I'm well.


It was part of the beach that doesn't have a lot of beach goers. You can count on your fingers how many are enjoying the view and we settled on the spot away from them. Of course she carried me again from the Jeep to the sand because I'll be crawling in the sand if she didn't lift me.


She spread the blanket on the sand and laid there the picnic basket she prepared. She has Kimbap, some Mandu, sushi, fruits, and sodas. She also has a can of Mango juice prepared in there. She opened it and gave it to me smiling.


"Dani told me you like Mango juice so I ask Grandma to buy it this morning. The Kimbap doesn't have cucumbers don't worry, and the sushi I just did it before we left. Dig in!"


We just sat there beside each other looking out at the sea. The waves calming my nerves and my mind. Amber was eating Kimbap quietly occasionally looking at me from time to time.


"What?"


"Nothing.. you're just quiet that's all. Did I do something you didn't like? You don't like the place? We can transfer to the beach where there's a lot of people so you'll feel safe." She said to me while giving me a piece of Kimbap. I ate it while looking at her.


"Why do you think I don't like the place?! It's amazing here... I'm liking the view and it's quiet."


"It's just that... You became quiet that's all."


How will I tell her that I'm having mixed emotions right now? That she's messing my mind and my feelings... That I'm afraid of what will happen if I let myself give in to what she's offering.


What will happen once this vacation ends? Are we going to continue this thing that we have once we are in Seoul or is it going to be just a dream? Just a few days of happiness.


Am I willing to take the risk and be with her? And the most important question is, is Amber thinking the same thoughts that I have right now? Because it's killing me inside, not knowing what's going to happen.


She suddenly placed a sushi on my mouth urging me to eat it. "You think too much Soojung, enjoy the view and eat what I prepared!"


"Yah!"


"Are you enjoying your vacation?" She asked me seriously while sipping her soda. I stuffed another sushi in my mouth eating it. Am I enjoying it? I'm actually loving it!


"I do..."


"I haven't asked you to be my girlfriend and you're already telling 'I Do' to me Soojung. That's smooth..." She said teasing me.


"Pabo..." I scoffed at her throwing a berry. "Sorry I was just thinking but don't mind it.. and I enjoyed every bit of my time here. Thank you for taking care of me." She smiled at me and I think my heart skipped a beat again.


"If you're thinking how many girls I have brought to this place, the answer is one. How many girls I asked for a picnic, the answer is also one."


Oh. So I'm the second one. Tough luck Soojung... You'll never be first in anything.


"When I met her, she took the air out of my lungs. She's the only girl who made me speechless, we talked for hours but for me it feels like just a moment. Like the time stood still and she's the only one i see. She's really funny and witty, sweet and caring too. She made me do things I haven't done before, make me feel things I haven't felt." She was looking at me studying my face for any reaction. Her eyes show those things again I saw in her yesterday. Pulling me in to her.


"That girl is lucky I bet...." I whispered to her while our faces near to each other again. My eyes zooming in on her lips that I have been dreaming to taste since yesterday. No Dani and Tia to stop us now. Soojung this is your chance.


"No, I am lucky. She's beside me right now..." we smiled at each other bumping our noses.


"Are we really going to do this now or is there anyone who's going to barge in again like yesterday? Because I'm really waiting for this.." Amber took off my baseball cap and leaned on me.


She connected our lips molding into one. Her soft lips moving into mine, making my knees turn to jelly and my toes curl in the sand. It was a soft kiss, perfect to someone like me who experienced it for the first time in my life. There's no hurry, no waiting. Just our lips moving into one, tasting the sweetness of each other's lips. We broke the kiss and stared at each other.


"You talk too much Soojung..."


"I'm just stalling you in case you want to back out.." I copying what she said yesterday.


"The hell I'm going to back out! No way. I've been waiting for this to happen, I'm not going to back out." She said grinning at me. "Especially when there's no one to bother us!"


"So.... I'm the first one huh.." I asked her smirking at her.


"Yes, you are. Believe me please I'm not lying. I don't do this kind of dates... This is the first time I did this so don't laugh at me."


"But you're a player like they said.."


"I may have had acquaintances before but I'm not the type of person who ask anyone out. They are the one who usually comes to me and offer their... time.." I raised my eyebrow at her nodding. Good choice of words Liu.


"Okay... Just make sure they don't hover around you anymore.."


"Jealous?" She smirked at me earning a pinch on her side. She sat in front of me and pulled me to her lap carefully facing her. My bad leg sitting straight on her side while the other one curled around her waist.


"Maybe.." I said wriggling my eyebrows at her playfully. I took off her snapback and pulled the hood of her jacket to cover her head. I did mine too and this time I'm the one who kissed her. We kissed passionately, tasting each other's mouth. Her left hand resting on my bad leg carresing it sending shivers to my spine while the other one pushing my head into hers.


I may not be an experienced kisser but I know I'll learn it in time. Kissing her soft lips right now is making me feel hot all over. How her lips taste like mint chocolate that I can't help but bite it making her moan. Did I just made her moan?!


She suddenly broke our kiss and traced her lips on my neck making me tilt it. She's showering it with kisses, and nibbling it. on that one tender spot on the base of my neck making me whimper. I wrapped my arms on her neck letting her ravage mine. I can feel this fire inside me that is burning. I pulled her head near mine and we kissed again, a light, lingering kiss before we stopped and connected our foreheads.


Our eyes closed, because we know if we open it we'll see desire written all over. We can't.... Not on this place..


"Soojung... Let me take care of you. Please stay beside me and I'll make you happy." She kissed me again and when I opened my eyes I see how much she means it. In times like this, all I have to think is my own happiness.


"Just promise me one thing Amber, don't ever leave me. I don't like being left behind.."


"I was afraid you'll be the one who'll leave me first.."


I kissed her again and smiled "How can i leave you if you're so clingy as .. you're my Johnny Depp, remember?" we smiled giggling to each other kissing lightly.


Gahd! Stop me now or I'll keep on kissing this cute llama in front of me and maybe I'll never be able to stop myself and just shove her on the ground and do things with her not fit on this place. Although they wouldn't notice it but still, this is not the right place.


"Let's go home...." I whispered to her ear biting my lips.


"I was going to suggest that too..." We gathered our things and she lifted me up hurriedly. "Remind me to download Marvin Gaye later, got it?" She winked at me earning a pinch on her cheeks. We burst out laughing and drive safely home.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Unknown Person POV

 


Click! Click! Click!


Just enjoy your time you two. This is gonna be one big scoop. In just a few hours, a new scandal will break out. Dispatch will surely like this photos...

 

Click! Click! Click!