Salchow - 31

Edges and Toe Picks

A/N: Hey chingus! Third update for today! 

Shout out to writ143 for giving me an idea on who to make Yuri's friend. I actually love that actress. 

To YellowJacket for guessing it right :D 

See you tomorrow guys! 

Peace yow! ✌

---------

 

Krystal's POV

 

"Soojung unnie, Shannon and I will just buy some snacks before the game starts. Do you want anything?" Dani asked me while we're waiting for the game to start. We are sitting on the bleachers midway to the box. I don't want first hand experience seeing hockey players being body check by their opponents. It makes me remember what happened to Amber. Uggh.


"Just get me a Mango juice and nachos, extra cheese and extra chili. Do-yeon, Tia, what do you want?"


"I'll have a Diet Coke and Hotdogs Dani.." Do-yeon said smiling.


"Me I want Extra Large Coke, 2 Hotdogs, 1 Nachos, and Chili Fries!" Tia is really a big eater.. tsk tsk..


Dani tried to kick her but I swatted her feet away laughing "Yah! Are we watching a movie?! We're watching a game! Aisssh! Soojung unnie.." she held her hand to me like she's asking for something. I frown at her wondering what is it.


"Uh... What do you want?"


"Duh! How can I buy all of that if I don't have money to buy it." My sister said grinning at me. Tsk tsk tsk... I think I'm being punish.. I was also like this to Jessi when we were still kids.


"Amber gave you an allowance this morning!"


"That's school allowance unnie, how about my food allowance from you?"


"I always cook food for you in the house! Even pay for your food whenever we go out. I'll go broke because of you Danielle!"


"Come on Soojung unnie... Pretty please?" She pouted cutely at me making me laugh. Sigh. I search for my wallet on my bag when I saw Amber's wallet. Hmmmm....


I opened it and I was welcomed by a selca of us in the beach the last time we went home in Jeju. Cute~ Now let's see if you have cash... Ow.. wow.. the monkey is very organize even in how her money should be stored. It's in sequence from the lowest bill to the highest bill. Even her credit cards... From the Gold card to the Black card.


"Gotcha!" Dani suddenly slip out the Black card from the wallet startling me.


"Yah! Danielle! Give me that! Don't use that card because it's for emergency purposes only. Give it to me!"


"But you two used it when you bought that Dining Table for Jessi unnie. It's not even emergency..." She pouted at me looking like a kitten.


"I know why~ ... But I won't say it..." Do-yeon chimed while looking at me wriggling her eyebrows making me blush. How did she knew about it?!


"Yah! Tell me! Why don't I know about it?!"


Shannon laughed smirking at Dani "Because little girls like you are not allowed to know it until you're 21. Right unnie?"


I smirked at Dani having a resigned look on her face but she has a better plan "Whatever... Sooner or later I'm going find out. But for now, see yah later!" She run pulling Shannon down the bleachers meronging at me. Amber will kill me if she'll find out about this.


Do-yeon and Tia was laughing beside me, I just shook my head and pulled them closer to me. I remembered Amber's wallet and opened it again checking the contents.


There was another photo at the back and it was a candid photo of me while practicing. Her driver's license and Social Security ID making me chuckle because I discovered her secret. Hehehe... We'll see later who's going to have the last laugh Amber!


I saw Amber waving at us and we waved back. This is an important game for her because she will see if all of the drills that she did to the team will pay off. They worked hard for this, Amber, Yuri, and Jessi that's why we're all here to support them.


Amber was sending heart fingers to me and it was so embarassing because the whole team saw her then they looked at my direction then they laughed at Amber. All of them copied her and the whole hockey team sent heart fingers to our direction. That was so embarassing Amber J. Liu!


Do-yeon and Tia is spazzing beside me and giggling. "Unnie, you're wife is showering you with hearts! Do we catch all of it and place in a bag?" Tia asked teasing me. I slapped her arm lightly laughing too even if I'm so embarassed.


"You know unnie, Amber unnie will be a good mother when the time comes that you will have your own kids. She's so caring and attentive." I smiled at what Do-yeon said and remembered what happened that morning. Hmmm... A girl can dream.


I smiled at her and nodded "I think so too... But we already have you four so we don't need babies! We're already taking care of big babies right this time. Enough about this, we aren't even married!"


"Duh!" Tia rolled her eyes then smiled teasingly "You two act like you're already married, the difference is you still go home in your apartment with Jess unnie. But it's still the same, when you're at our house you'll do the chores and help us with home work even though we're already university students. I just wish...you stay with us for good unnie..." Tia was looking shy when she said it.


"Yeah unnie... It's like having a Mom around when you're there. I love it when you bake cookies... Hehehe..." I patted Do-yeon's head and smiled at Tia. That's so hard to answer since Amber isn't asking me too. I don't want to just live with her automatically without her asking me first.


I feel like we will be going to another level if she ask me to move in with her. Our first year anniversary is still far so it's still early for our relationship to do those things.


The game will be starting in a minute when Dani and Shannon arrived with the drinks and Tia's big bulk of order. Dani handed the Black card at me grinning and the receipt. Good girl, didn't spent a large amount or else your Amber unnie will kill us.


A familiar girl was behind them and sat on the same bleachers with us. I know this girl... I think I already saw her before... I stared at face and Eureka! She's the pretty girl last night with Yuri unnie in the restaurant. Wow... She's here. Maybe Yuri unnie asked her to come.


She looks prettier in close range...


The girl saw me looking at her and smiled at me bowing slightly. I bowed too and smiled at her then decided to approach her since she's alone.


"Excuse me, are you Yuri unnie's friend?" She looked shy when I mentioned Yuri unnies name and nodded. "I'm Krystal, her friend. Would you like to join us there with my kids?" She looked at the way I am pointing and saw the four teens happily eating even though the game hasn't started.


"They're your kids?! Jeongmal?! You're younger than me! Krystal... Oh my God! Krystal Jung?!" She covered in shock now I'm the one who's shy.


I scratched my neck smiling at her "They're not really my own 'kids' but I take care of that four hungry teens with my partner. I'll just explain to you later hahaha... Come join us there."


She smiled at me and stood up to follow me on the side where we are seating. I introduced her to the kids and I told her the names of each.


"This is Do-yeon and Shannon, our adoptive daughters. This little kitty here is my sister Dani, and this little piggy is Tia. Girls, this is Yuri unnie's friend." They all bowed at her including Tia with full. Aisssh this kid.


The game already started and the team was up by 10 points thanks to Bambam's goal. She seems to be enjoying the game and we had some random chats. We also cheered for the team whenever they will have a goal.


It was halftime when we had a chat again. She was funny and a conversationalist. No wonder Yuri unnie had a good time last night with her.


"I never thought I'll have a chance to watch a real hockey game. Watching that black round thing being pass around. I just don't like the body contacts... It hurts." She said cringing at me.


"Oh believe me, you haven't​ seen the worst. The first time I watched a game was in YouTube, my partner made me watch her game." I was explaining to her. She stopped me and asked with a smile on her face.


"Her? Your partner is a girl?" I nodded at her and tilted my head.


"Umm.. do you have any problems with you know... Same relationships?"


"NO! Of course not! I'm sorry if I offended you, it's just that whenever you mentioned partner your eyes lights up. Wait! I remember your scandal, is it the same person? Amber J. Liu?"


"I'm not offended don't worry, I just wanted to be sure." I smiled proudly and smirked "Yup, she is. She's right... there! That stupid monkey with the team.." I pointed Amber who's dark hair stands out in the huddle of the team. She suddenly turned and saw me poi ting at her. I waved and she copied it even sending another heart finger. "Yeah... That's my monkey."


"Wow... You two look good together."


"Thank you! By the way... Are you like straight or you also swing the other way?"


She laughed softly and smiled "Well... I swing both ways. But it's really the feels that I'm up too, not just the gender. Like if it felt right liking a person of the same , I'm gonna do it because it feels right. Not because it's the norms of the society." Wow...


"Where did you meet Yuri unnie? It's the first time I met a friend of hers that doesn't belong in our circle of friends."


"We actually met yesterday..." She shyly confessed and her cheeks turned red. "In the subway."


"Subway?! What is she doing on a subway?! She doesn't even know how to ride a bus hahaha!!"


She went on to tell me the story of Yuri unnie looking dumb while trying to put the card in the machine and the way Yuri unnie looks while looking at the signage of every station they passed. Then how they met again when Yuri unnie startled her in the convenience store that she accidentally slap her with the ice frosty she's holding. That led to their walk in the street, ice coffee and dinner at the restaurant where Amber and I saw them. I told her we saw them last night that's why I remember her.


Our talk went back to hockey again and my reaction when I watched the footage of Amber being slammed hard on the board that earned her an injury. We talked about my skating and I shared to her how my training is going with help also from Yuri unnie and the rest of the crew.


The game started again and it was intense, the body checking and slamming was echoing in the hall. Jackson and Mark was engaged in a confrontation from the other team. JB got slammed on the board but he's okay. The score was a tie and possession is on our team.


The whistle blew and the clock was ticking. They have 10 seconds to score the goal, Mark has the puck and skating towards his team mates. He passed it on to Jinyoung then to JB on the other side.


Five seconds....


An opponent was skating its way fast to where JB is located so he dodged it and passed the puck again to Mark. Mark went around the goal and saw Bambam readying his self near the goal without a guard approaching him.


Two seconds....


Mark passed the puck to the coming Bambam and the latter swing his stick so hard the puck went inside the goal in a wink. The goalie didn't even know it's already inside. The crowd went wild and chants of the students were heard. We joined in the fun and cheered with the four teens while the team huddle on the ice happy on their win.

 

---------

 


"Wow... It was a good game.." she told me after the game has ended. The crowd is already dispersing ready to celebrate the win. The teens asked for permission to go to their classmates who was also watching on the other side of the bleachers.


"I know! I thought Bambam wouldn't make it because they only have 2 seconds but he did!" Amber was waving at me to come down but I hesitated since Yuri unnie's friend will be alone.


"Krys! I think your girlfriend is calling you. Why don't you go to her.. I'll be okay here don't worry. Yuri said she'll be here any minute." She's so nice and warm too.


"Okay.. it was nice meeting you. I hope to see you again soon! I'll get going now, bye!" She said bye to me and I made my way to Amber whose waiting for me.


"Hey! Congratulations babe! It was a nice game.." I hugged her and gave her a peck on her cheeks. The team was also there and I congratulated them, they were all excited and happy for winning the game. I gave a thumbs up to unnie and she winked at me then I rolled my eyes on her making us laugh. Donghae Oppa was approaching her and he saw me, I bowed at him and greeted him. I introduced Amber to him and they said Hi hello to each other.


Yuri unnie was fixing her things on her bag. I walk up to her and gave her a side hug and tilted her head on mine bumping it. We shared a laugh and that momentary hug. "Congratulations unnie.. by the way your friend is waiting for you at the bleachers." I . She smiled at me shaking her head then gave me a hug and said good bye.


She said goodbye to the team who was still near the bleachers. Funny thing, she went to Coach Mike and said goodbye. Jessi and Donghae Oppa was there, Yuri smiled at Donghae Oppa and nodded then at Jessi unnie.


"Hey Kwon... Congratulations! Aren't you joining us for dinner at the house?" Amber asked her when they said goodbye to each other.


"Not tonight Ber. I promised my friend there to treat her for dinner if she keeps her promise to watch the game. Soojung, thank you for taking care of her a while ago. I'll get going guys! See you later at the house!" Amber draped her arms on my shoulders as we watch Yuri unnie run to the bleachers where her friend is waiting.


She stood up when she saw Yuri unnie and they bowed to each other smiling. Yuri unnie's smile was a mixture of gladness and shyness making the two of us chuckle. They went down the bleachers and out of the hall walking beside each other with smiling faces. Looks like they're talking about something.


"Yuri looks so happy and excited to eat. By the way, what's the name of the girl babe?" Amber asked me while driving home. I told Jessi that I'll be staying in Amber's house this weekend because the teens asked me too. She said yes and left with Donghae Oppa because they have a weekly dinner with their friends. It means Donghae Oppa might sleep in our apartment again.


It's actually awkward for me when I found out that he's sleeping in Jessi's room. I'm not used to situations that you bump into the guy your sister is sleeping with. So awkward.


"She is happy. Oh, her name is Se Kyung, Shin Se Kyung and she's a Pre-school teacher like Yoona unnie. They are colleagues in the same school."

 

---------

 

We arrived home and prepared a simple dinner with the teens. After dinner, we played Monopoly and bankrupt Amber again 4 times. Amber and I left them to go in the room early. My period came this morning that's why I'm feeling a bit fatigued and lazy.


"Are you okay Soojung? Do you want me to get your plushie and heat it?" Amber asked me while I prepare my clothes for change. I rummage on her closet and pulled a white shirt of hers and my pajama bottoms.


"I'm okay babe... Let me shower first then I want that plushie before sleeping." I gave her a peck and went inside the bathroom to shower. The hot water hitting my skin giving me comfort especially the pain in my abdomen caused by my monthly period.


I was surprised when Amber suddenly came inside the shower and hugged me from the back. I giggled at her and slapped her shoulders. I gave the scrub to her because I can't reach my back and she started scrubing it gently.


"There! All done babe!" She proudly announces to me when I turned to her. She was grinning with the water falling in her head. So cute~ 


I took the soap from her and started scrubing her too. Taking shower together is like a ritual for us before going to sleep. It gives us the sense of closeness and care, sometimes it ends up rather steamy. Sometimes just an innocent shower just like now because we can't.


"Why do you have a band aid on your chest? Is that why you always wear tshirts to sleep this past few days? Where did you get hurt?!"


"Soojung it's not that painful. You can take out the band aid now maybe it already healed." She has that secretive smile on her face. I kept on soaping her arms then took off the band aid. Oh...


I tried to scrub the drawings but it can't be erased. It's... permanent. I traced the drawings while looking at Amber with tears on my eyes. She...she...is she serious?!


"Do you like what you are seeing Soojung?" Amber asked me grinning.


"The body and your chest, definitely yes babe. Babe... you have a new tattoo? When?"


"A few days ago.. that's why I wear a t-shirt at night so that you wouldn't discover. It was a surprise Soojung..." She cupped my cheeks and rubbed our noses together under the shower. "Do you like it?"


"I love it Am..." I said grinning at her with tears in my eyes. It's a sign from her... That she's willing to try.


"Look, there's our baby Seulgi, Yerim, Joohyun, Seung-hwan, and Soo young. Plus me and you." She smiled tenderly at me that all I can give to her is a kiss.


She said OURS. It means Amber already decided. Even though not now, but in the near future my dreams will finally come true. I broke the kiss and happily stare at the tattoo on her chest chuckling. "Is these 2 dogs and a cat?"


"Yep I added it. It's gonna be a royal rumble! Hahaha!" We laughed while imagining how it's gonna be raising 5 kids plus 3 animals. Amber said she's going to teach them how to play hockey or football. She dreams of having the house in Jeju expanded but I told her it's too early.


I was patting her dry when she held my hands looking straight at me. Her hands were trembling and her lips quivering "Soojung... Would you like to move in with me here in the house?" Finally, you asked stupid.


I smiled at her and chuckled "I thought you wouldn't ask Amber. Of course yes!" She laughed softly at what I said and we hugged each other. I can feel how much of her she is willing to share with me and I love her for that. "But we have to ask for unnie's permission too. I can't just leave her alone in the apartment like that babe."


"I know, that's why I'm readying myself for tomorrow." She chuckled at me remembering Jessi's punches on her.

 

 My girls won't be a dream anymore. They just have to wait for a year or two maybe...

 

What's important right now is Amber wants it too. 


I'm moving in!