Lutz - 26

Edges and Toe Picks

A/N: Hey chingus! Update for today! Enjoy! 

Thank you to all the subscribers and upvotes! I love you guys! 

Peace yow! ✌

--------

 


"She left her phone! How are we gonna contact her?! What if something bad happens to her?" Jess unnie nervously rants while walking back and forth in the living area.


I leaned my back on the couch bringing my hands on my face. Clearing my mind and thinking where would Dani go when she wants to be alone. That's my theory since she didn't bring any luggage and her phone and like what she said to Grandma last night, she wants to sort out her feelings first before talking to me and Jess.


Amber is beside me calling all of Dani's friends asking if they saw her this morning or Dani called them. I stood up and went to the kitchen to get us coffee and tea for Amber. Grandma was in the kitchen preparing breakfast, her face with worry for her granddaughter.


"Grandma..." I went to her and hugged her from the back to take away the worries in her. She patted my hand around her waist and spoke calmly.


"I'm worried about her but I know she'll be safe. Dani grew up on this island and almost every body knows her."


"I know Grandma... I'm sorry if Jessi is adding to your nervousness. That's how she is even with me and she's really protective."


"That's okay Soojung, I know Dani is lucky to have sisters like you and Sooyeon who's going to take care of her when I'm gone." She smiled at me while pouring the coffee on the cups.


I broke my hug on her and stare at her face not believing what she said. "Grandma!? Don't talk like that! You'll live long and witness Dani finish her studies, get married, have kids. We're here to take care of you.."


"Instead of losing one, I gained two more grand daughters to care for. Heaven has been giving me blessings that I am thankful for."


"See! The Heavens will grant you with a long life because you're a very good person Grandma. We need you here with us to balance our lives. Jessi and I never got to know our Grandparents from both sides that's why we're thankful you opened your home to us and treated us like your own."


We emerged from the kitchen carrying the tray with cups of coffee. I sat beside Amber and gave her cup of tea urging her to drink because I know her stomach is waiting for it. She mumbled Thanks to me and gave me a peck on the lips.


"Have you called Tia by the way? I'm sure she knows where Dani usually hangs out." I said while sipping the black liquid.


Shannon scratched her head and answered me "I've been calling her unnie but she's not answering. Maybe she's still sleeping.. I'm sorry unnie if I didn't woke up when she left this morning. I could have prevented her from leaving."


"It's okay baby, it's not your fault. Maybe Dani is still having some thinking on her own..." She kept on walking back and forth making me dizzy. "Or maybe they are together! Amber! Call their house, talk to that Kangin guy and ask if Tia is in her room!" Jessi sat beside Shannon and took her cup of coffee blowing it.


Amber's brow was furrowed while her tongue sticking out in her lips. She looks cute, like a dog sticking it's tongue. "Kangin hyung's line is off. I tried calling Joey but he's also not answering. I already sent them a message to call me immediately once they read it."


"She didn't bring her wallet! Just herself! Oh my God! What have I done on my past life for this to happen!?"


"Jess! Don't talk like that! We will find her, she's just thinking. She'll never go far, she used Amber's bicycle."


"Soojung! Our younger sister is missing from her bed this morning without any note whatsoever! How can I be so calm like you when we don't know where she is! Tell me?!" She threw a pillow in me that I easily catched and placed on my lap.


It's not that I'm calm and not spazzing around worrying for her. I am super worried about Dani but if I go ballistic worrying like unnie, thinking about all the bad things that might happen to our sister, nothing good will happen. I need a calm and sharp mind while connecting the dots to where she might be.


I tried calling Tia's number again and she answered it after two rings. "Soojung unnie! I'm so sorry if I answered just now! I just woke up!"


"It's okay Tia, don't be sorry. I just need to know if Dani is there with you.." my fingers crossed hoping that she'll say yes.


"Wae? Isn't she there? The last time we saw each other was last night. She texted me around midnight saying sorry for acting like a fool." Maybe we shouldn't have left her alone last night.


I sighed, closing my eyes thinking of what to ask Tia. Think Soojung, think. "Tia, when Dani wants to be alone and think about something that bothers her where do she usually go? Like a place where no one will interrupt her, you know, like her sanctuary." She stayed silent on the other line probably thinking about all the places she and Dani frequents.


"Why don't you try Hallim Park unnie! She loves going there back in High School, especially when she got her heart broken and wanted to be alone." That second information will have to wait, we have to find her first.


"Thank you Tia... We'll see you later for dinner, okay? Bye.." I ended the call and drank all of my coffee.


"So?? What did Tia said Soojung? Does she know where Dani is?" Unnie asked fidgeting in her seat.


"Tia said she might be in Hallim Park.." I pulled Amber's arm to stand up "Babe, take us to Hallim Park.. I have a feeling we'll find her there."


"I'll just get the key.."

 

 

------------

 


We said goodbye to Grandma and told Shannon to accompany her. Yuri unnie and Do-yeon will be arriving shortly so it's her duty to tell them. Amber drove the jeep in normal speed but Jessi is bugging her to drive fast. I wanna smack unnie so hard but I'm not allowed hehe...


"Amber!! Can you drive any faster?! You drive like a Grandma!!"


"Jess I can't drive any faster or else the police will give me a driving ticket!"


"Yah! Unnie! Just sit back there and we'll arrive shortly! Don't bother my girlfriend she's driving!"


Jessi kept on nagging Amber to drive over the speed limit but my monkey isn't taking her . I sat on my seat listening to Jess and her bickerings. We finally arrived at the park and paid for the entrance fee.


"This place is huge... Where are we going to find her?" Jess and I was just wearing slippers while Amber was in her sneakers.

 

9489.jpg

 


From what I read from the entrance, the park is 100 thousand square meters with gardens, zoo, caves, and beaches. How the hell are we going to find that kid wearing our slippers?!


Jessi pulled me to her side from Amber's making me dizzy. "Yah! Jessi! That hurts!"


"We have to split up, Amber you look for her at the beach and the cave. Soojung and I will check the gardens... Call us if you see her, understand?"


Amber pouted at me trying to protest but unnie tried to kick her and pulled me to the direction of the gardens. I just sent her a flying kiss and mouthed 'Sorry'. She almost tripped walking backwards while saying goodbye to us. As if we're going to be gone that long! This clingy monkey!


"Unnie~.. maybe I should follow Amber..." I said pouting at her as we explored the park. It's our first time visiting Hallim Park and besides looking for Dani we also had the chance to see all the sites.


We started our journey of looking for our dongsaeng going to the Subtropical Botanic Garden, then to the Wild Grass & Flower Garden. We also went to the Jae-Am Folk Village, Bird Garden, Water Garden, and the Palm Tree Avenue.

 

 


Exhausted and hungry, we went to a restaurant inside and ordered take out juice and sandwich then went out to look for her again. We sat on a bench in Jeju Stone and Bonsai Garden and ate our sandwich.

 

"I'm glad she didn't went to Love Land or I don't know how we will find her there without embarassing ourselves.."


"Soojung-ah... Could you please massage my feet?" Jessi said bringing her feet near my face. I swatted it away disgusted.


"Eeew!! Jessi!! What the hell! Take that away from my face!"


"You love unnie, right?! Come on! It hurts now~.." the hell with her pout she doesn't even look cute.


"No way that I'm gonna touch that feet! It's dirty!"


"Hey! These feets once brought glory to Korea so you better pay your respects on these two buddies."


"I'd rather touch a dog than hold your yucky feet."


"Ah... Choose one, hold a cucumber or massage my feet?" That's pretty tough... Icky cucumber or Jess's yucky feet?


"Nothing. I won't choose any of that because it's too gross." I made a gagging gesture earning a slap on my shoulders.


"Your feet is gross too don't forget that!"


"My feet is not gross and it doesn't smell. It's aromatic, Amber loves smelling it. Want to smell?" I playfully brought my left foot on her face teasing her. She tried swatting my leg away from her face disgusted making me laugh out loud.


"I don't know how Amber keeps up with your brattish attitude. Sometimes you're annoying, sometimes you're sweet, the two of you always annoy each other from time to time." I smiled at what she said remembering the monkey. Speaking of the monkey, where is she? She haven't called..


"Because even if we annoy each other and fight like kids, at the end of the day we don't forget to say sorry to each other. Annoying each other is just our way of showing our affection. I love playing pranks on her, she loves scolding me. I love kids, she hates kids. But she love helping people who are in need. Amber has a big heart Jessi, that's what made me love her even more."


Jessi started to massage her feet while looking wistfully at our surroundings. I know she and Yuri are having some silent war this past few days. When Jessi left Amber's house that night without any word, I called her immediately and she said they fought about her going out with Donghae Oppa.


I know Donghae Oppa because he was Jessi's special friend back in High School. I was always the third wheel when they go on dates because Mom won't say yes if I'm not with them. He was very nice and goofy, Jessi was strict and clumsy. He always buy me Bingsu back then as payment for giving him and Jessi alone time in the mall.


I heard after graduation, he flew to Boston because he got in on Harvard Medical School while Jessi in UCB. They had communication for the first two years, but because he and Jessi became busy with studying and my sister in training too that they simply forgot each other.


"So... How's Donghae Oppa? Is he staying here for good?" I asked her while my eyes roam around the trees hoping I'll see Dani hanging in there. I'm this desperate to find her!


I heard Jessi sigh and flex her legs smiling "He's fine... We met last Sunday for lunch with Soo and Yoona. He said he misses you and says Hi. And yes, he's staying here for good." Her smile means something and i know this unnie of mine.


Are they going to continue what they have before? How about Yuri unnie? I thought Yuri said she still loves her.


"How about Yuri unnie?... Are you going to talk to her later? I can't understand the two of you, really. You said you love her, she pushed you away because she wants you to be happy but you stayed by her side. Now that she said she loves you, the moment that you have been waiting for and she asked you to stay by her side forever, ex-Prince Charming came that's making you smile like you used to smile back then." I held one of my slippers near her face pretending it's a microphone and asked her like a reporter "So who's it gonna be Ice Queen Jung Sooyeon? The Ex who pushed you away that wants you back now or the Hot Pediatrician who used to make you squeal like Taylor Swift in your room when he calls??!"


We actually look so stupid now that if anyone will see us probably we'll be featured in a celebrity column of a magazine. She swatted my hand away and snatched the slipper on my hands, slapping it on my shoulders like crazy.


"Yah!!! Jung Sooyeon!! That hurts! Stop that or I'll tell Amber you're abusing me!!"


"Where's your honorifics Jung Soojung?! I don't care if you tell Amber because I'll punch her again if she gets in the way!" She stopped her abuse on me and dropped my slipper on the pavement glaring at me. "Wear that now, let's look for Dani again. I swear, I'm gonna twist her ear like I did to you back when you murdered Mr. Smith." She stood up walking away.


What the hell!? Soo unnie is still nagging about her stuffed teddy Mr. Smith?! Why don't they let his soul rest in peace!


I wore my slippers and followed her to the garden with those stones arranged like they are small people having a meeting. I saw a familiar person seating on the middle of the grass like she's having a meeting with those stones.

 

44355382.jpg

 


"Unnie... I think we found our sister. Quick! Hide here!" I pulled her on the nearest tree and spied on Dani, moving like she's talking to someone.

 

"She's weird.." I whispered at Jessi while watching Dani talk alone. 

 

"You are weird too Soojung, no doubt about that." 

 

"Let's watch her first.." 


"No, let's swing her like a blanket! Let's go!" I rolled my eyes on her weirness and followed my crazy sister and sneaked behind Dani, surprising her. Jess wrapped her arms on Dani's body while I pulled on Dani's leg and we lifted her like a kid and swing her left and right.


"Yah!! What the !! Who are-- Unnie??! Put me down! Soojung unnie!! Sooyeon unnie!!"


"What did you say Danielle?! Did we hear you say 'What the ' just now??!" We intensified the swing with Dani screaming for help. Unnie and I were laughing out loud seeing Dani screaming like a kid.


"Ekkkk!!! Unnies!!! I'll tell this to Amber unnie!!"


"Oh no you don't, she'll even help us swing you." I smirked at her while unnie and I simultaneously swing her body.


"I'll tell Sooyeon unnie you had a quickie on the kitchen last Saturday night!!" Wow... This kid is really a Jung. She's good at blackmailing.


"I already knew it before it even began Danielle, no doubt about that. That's how monkeys move when they are in heat. And your Soojung unnie has been eye ing that monkey the whole time. I kinda figured it will happen."


"Yah!!! Jessi!! Atleast I have a life!! While you, hehehe.."


"Hey!!! Who said I don't have??!!!"


"So something is happening between you and Yuri?? Or something happened to you and Donghae Oppa!!??"


"Nothing! I'm not talking about this!!!"


"Put me down!! Do I really have to hear about your oh-so-rich-newly-found life Soojung unnie!? And your non-existent life Sooyeon unnie??!"


We swing her left and right laughing at her annoyed expression. We look like kids, siblings playing in the grass while we two older sisters play with the youngest. So this is how it feels playing with a younger sister. She was laughing now looking happy and screaming. Unnie looks so relieved, now that we found our sister. I feel so blessed having them in my life, I'm looking forward to more happy times like this.


Jessi stopped, looking tired and panting. We carefully dropped Dani on the grass and plopped beside her lying down. All three of us catching our breaths,laughing like crazy.


"I'm getting old..." Unnie panted taking a deep breath. I smirked at her teasingly "You are old!" She tried to reach me with Dani in between us laughing. "I'm soooo tired! Why the hell didn't you leave a ing note Danielle!? You made us worried, you made Grandma worry disappearing like that." Unnie said getting Dani's attention. Our sister looked up to the sky looking embarassed.


"I'm sorry unnie... I just wanted to think about what happened last night. Going here makes my mind clear.. and I was practicing what to say to the two of you once I get home. And I did left a sticky note on the fridge."


"Oh... We didn't see it, maybe it was blown by the wind. Or there was an earthquake from Amber and Soojung's room last night.." Unnie said trying to kick me. I snorted at her dodging her kick. "Nothing happened last night because I'm worried about this kid in the middle. Don't worry unnie, I'll give you a heads up when we're going to have !" I winked at her mischievously earning another kick.


"Hey! Don't kick these legs! These legs continues on giving glory to Korea! Yuna sunbaenim will wring your neck if something happens to these legs!"


"Uggghhhh!! Your life again, oh please! Eeew!" Dani said fake gagging with unnie.


"Okay enough now... Let's talk seriously Danielle." Jess said turning serious. Oh yeah, you're going to have it little girl!


"Sooyeon unnie why do you keep on calling me on my full name?!"


"Because.." I cupped her cheeks with the palm of my hands and turned her head to me her lips puckered "she's mad right now. Remember this Dani, if Jessi calls you on your full name it means she is mad. If she calls you with surname included, she is utterly super mad and annoyed. Bookmark that in your mind.."


She nodded at me enthusiastically "Understood, I'll even pin it on my skin." I pinched her cheeks cutely "Good girl!"


"Are you finished being cute to each other Soojung, Danielle?"


"Yep." We said in unison seeing that unnie is so serious now.


She took a deep breath, like always do before talking about serious things. "Dani, what you heard last night is all true. I'm sorry if you have to know all of that, but it's better if you do. I just wanted to tell you that whatever happens, your Soojung unnie and I will be here for you."


"I'm sorry.." Dani said playing with her hands "It's just that, last night, I felt like I'm the reason why your Mom and Dad's marriage fell down. Like I'm the bad luck that struck your father."


"You are not a bad luck, you are not. Remember that." Unnie hugged her on her side and i did too sandwiching her. Moments like these are so precious, it will definitely go down on our list of Jungsis moments.


"You know, I thought I'm all alone on this world." Dani said in a low voice full of sadness. "I only have Mom and she left me too early and didn't even experience being cradled in her arms. I'm not hoping to meet my father because I don't care about him same as he didn't care looking for me. I was set to believe I was really alone..."


"You are not alone... You have Grandma and she raised you well. And we're really thankful that she raised you well... Now... You have us." I said to her smiling gratefully that we finally have someone to call our little sister.


"So prepare yourself for Jessi's nagging, non-stop bugging on where you went and why did you go home late, whoever you date or why you didn't finish your milk." I'm serious about that part because Jessi is really a Mom.


We stood up from the grass patting the grass sticking in our clothes. We swing our arms over Dani's shoulder giggling on Jessi's messy hair when I saw Amber leaning back on a tree watching us walk to her, her phone pointed at us.


"Wait, stay there girls. Smile on the camera.." she took our photo and I ran to her leaving Dani to Jessi who is now starting her inquisition.


Bless you child, I'm going to pray for your survival.


Swinging my arms on her shoulders, she wrapped her arms on my waist and stole a kiss on my lips smiling widely. Her eyes full of admiration and love, making me smile like an idiot in love.


"Hey... I miss you~.."


"I miss you too babe.. my feet hurts~.." I pouted at her showing my tired feet. She laugh softly at me and kissed me again making my knees melt. We broke the kiss and she bended her knees and pulled me to her back and carried me piggy back. I really love this monkey! She knows what I want without even asking.


We walked ahead of Dani and Jessi talking about what we will eat later when I heard Jessi tell Dani telling something to Dani that made me turn my head "By the way, I haven't welcome you properly."


"Umm.. unnie.. isn't what happened earlier a welcome?" Oh poor kid..


"Nah... Not that." Jessi smirked like a devil making Dani gulp. She was going to make a dash when unnie suddenly pulled her ear making her scream.


"YAH!!!! UNNIE!!! IT HURTS!! SOOJUNG UNNIE!"


"That's for running away this morning and making us walk around this huge park wearing slippers and making my precious feet hurting now!"


"It's not my fault you didn't saw my sticky note!! Soojung unnie!!!!"


I waved at her and shook my head apologetically "Sorry kid, you won't be part of Jungsis if you don't experience Jessica Jung's wrath. Love you Dani~" I winked at her and pat Amber's with my feet like I'm riding a horse. "To the jeep, Llama!!"


"YAH!! WAIT FOR US YOU MONKEYS!!"


"Wait! Slow down babe!"


"Slowing down!"


I turned to them again and smirked at Dani mischievously earning a glare from her. Ooohhh... You are definitely our sister. "By the way unnie, Tia said Dani went to this park back in High School because she was broken hearted. Maybe ask that little sister of ours about that..." She was going to protest when I held my palm on her shutting her up "And ask her to if who was her first kiss because she had it when she was 15. She beat me to that. Annyeong! Come on Llama!" Amber went skipping with me on her back while Dani tries dodging unnie's ear pulling shouting.


"Soojung unnie is bad.." Amber said teasing me. I kissed her cheeks grinning.


"I've been the youngest for a long time, it's Dani's turn now to experience it first hand in Jessi's way. And what if I'm bad?! What are you gonna do, Johnny?!" I whispered to her ear biting it.


"Hmmmm.... I don't know... We'll see about that later. Soojung has been a bad, bad unnie today." She said smirking at me making me think about all the things she will do to me. She tighten her hold on my making me giggle, then I heard Dani screaming.

 

 

 


"SOOJUNG UNNIE!!! DON'T LEAVE ME WITH HER!!!"

 


Welcome to the family Dani!