Toe Loop - 14

Edges and Toe Picks

 A/N: Hi chingus! I heard someone shouting for an update that's why here's our 1st of 2 for today. 

Subscribe, comment, holler.

Peace yow ✌

-----------

tumblr_lp7qo4cQ5q1qdcel5o1_500.gif

 


Dani's POV


Kangin Oppa drove us all in the airport using his van. Grandma and Joey also joined us to say goodbye and pray for our safe flight. It's just a 1 hour flight from Jeju to Seoul so it's not that long before I can call Grandma and tell her we're safe.


Like what Tia predicted, yes our flights are the same. The lovey-dovey KryBer couple even have seats beside each other. This is gonna be one cheesy flight, better prepare my headphones.


Some of the people at the Jeju airport were looking at us, maybe because of Soojung unnie since she's some kind of a famous person. She and Amber unnie are walking together slowly since she has her crutches, Amber unnie holding her handbag.


Soojung unnie was wearing her denim shorts and a big black hoodie which I think is Amber unnies. She has her baseball cap again and her dark glasses to protect her eyes from the sun and maybe also for her not to be recognize.


While Amber unnie wears a black denim pants, her gray hoodie and Nike shoes. She's wearing her cap low and her reading glasses since her vision is not that clear without her contacts. They really look like a couple now with the way they walk and act.


Oh shoot! I forgot to charge my phone last night that's why it's drained. I'll just charge it after arriving in Amber unnie's house, I bet it's big and spacious. She said Tia and I will have separate rooms, hehehe..


I actually have a problem with flying. I get so nervous and shaky that I cry. Although it's just an hour of flying but still... It's scary.


The seating arrangement in the plane was Soojung unnie on the window seat, followed by Amber unnie, Me, Sulli unnie, and Tia. Amber unnie noticed how fidgety I am before the airplane takes off. I'm actually praying that I don't turn to dust if the plane might land somewhere in the Pacific and burst into flames.


I was gripping the seat so tight when Amber unnie tapped me. I opened my eyes and saw her worried face looking at me.


"Are you okay Dani? You seem so pale.. " she reach for my forehead checking on my temperature but it's normal.


"I'm just nervous unnie.."


"Amber, change seats with Dani. Let her seat beside me.." I heard Soojung unnie ordered her and she immediately oblige before the plane takes off. We changed seats and fasten our seatbelts, my nails digging on the armrest of my seat.


"Unnie I'm scared...."


"Don't be scared Dani-ah, it's just flying. Nothing bad will happen and it's just an hour. When I was a kid, I was also afraid of flying. Do you know what my Mom did?" I shook my head waiting for her to continue. "She held my hands tight and never let go of it until we arrived on our destination. It became a sort of tradition of ours until she died." She smiled sadly at me. "It was Jinri's hand that assured me when we came to Jeju days ago. Maybe now, we can do it together."


"What about Amber unnie?"


"I'll let you borrow her hands for an hour, we can hold hands later..." Amber unnie snickered at me and smiled. "I'll also hold your hand Dani-ah don't worry."


Soojung unnie interlocked our hands same as Amber unnie. The plane is now taking off and I can't help myself but close my eyes tight. Soojung unnie took my head with her free hand and placed it on her shoulders patting it.


"Just close your eyes Dani and sleep, we'll be in Seoul after an hour.."

 

 

 

Krystal's POV


Dani fell asleep on my shoulders and I'm glad she did because it calmed her nerves. I remember being afraid like this too when I was still a kid, Mom and unnie was with me that's why I don't have to worry about anything. Seeing Dani like that suddenly brought out the sisterly instinct in me that I didn't know I have.


"You know...you look like sisters.." I smiled at Amber and rolled my eyes. I want Jess unnie to see her, I want to hear what she will say. I'm having this thoughts in my mind that only she can answer.


Fudge I forgot to open my phone last night... Unnie may have called and sent messages that I haven't read. It's Amber's fault! If she didn't carry me on the bed last night I could have opened it. I have to call unnie once we arrived in the airport. She promised to pick me up so she better be there.


I thought about what happened for the past 72 hours making me smile while looking outside the window. I met this cheese ball of a llama and spent time with her. Her self control last night was really admirable, her hands were clenching on the sheets making sure that it won't land on my body. I promised to make it up to her and it won't be long.

 

"Amber...."


"Hmmm..." She turned to me waiting for what I'll say.


"Would you like to meet my unnie? She'll be picking me up at the airport later... That is...if you want. I-i mean... " Gahd why am I stuttering again... "I know it's too early and we just got together yesterday.." I hope she won't feel obligated.. I don't know anything about this relationship things.


"I would love too Soojung." She gave me a smile of assurance and puckered her lips on me like she wants a kiss. I rolled my eyes on her again and blew air kisses on her way.


I heard Jinri and Tia clicking their tongue and cringing on our display of affection. Hahaha... Sorry girls I can't help it.


"When are you going back to Luna for therapy?"


"I promised her tomorrow so we can work it out and follow her plan."


"Good... Do you want me to be there?" She asked me tentatively and i can see from her eyes that she's hoping I'll say yes.


"Promise you won't distract me."


"Why would I distract you? I'm going to help Luna on your therapy and I'm also going there to have my arm checked."


"Because your mere presence is enough to distract me from my focus..~ " I cooed cutely at her. She let out a chuckle and i can see her cheeks are blushing. I just made this y llama blush just by cooing those cheesy words. Epic~


"By the way, does your arm hurt? I noticed you placed a cold pack on that this morning. Tell me, what do you feel?"


"Nah... It's okay Soojung. Just the usual, I think my arm is getting rusty I have to ask Luna to loosen it up a bit. Nothing to worry about. How about your knee?"


"It's fine.. you did a good job last night.." I winked at Amber making her blush again. So cute!


Our plane arrived in Incheon at the exact time. Dani was already awake before the touch down and I can see that her color came back. We waited for all the passengers to exit first before we went out.


Amber helped me with my bags and loaded it up in the trolley. While we were walking slowly to the arrival area we saw a lot of reporters, media outlets, photographers outside the glass panel. It's like they are waiting for some famous celebrity to arrive because they are all ready with their equipments.


"Maybe Rain and Kim Tae Hee are arriving that's why they are that vigilant." Tia said while pushing her cart.


"Wait, let's stop here first. I have to call my sister.." we stopped at the side where the seats are located while I open my phone. Messages from Jess unnie flooded my inbox and all of it looks SOS. Some are in capital letters with big exclamation points! What the hell is happening?! She also has a lot of missed calls and voicemails. My phone suddenly rang startling me, it was Jess unnie. I looked at Amber and she nudged me to answer it.


"Yobo--"


"YAH! JUNG SOOJUNG!! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?! I'VE BEEN CALLING YOU SINCE LAST NIGHT BUT YOUR PHONE IS TURNED OFF! DO YOU KNOW WHAT'S HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!!!?? WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU??!!"


"Unnie! Calm down! The plane just landed I'm here in the airport--"


"Where exactly are you!? STAY THERE AND I'LL BRING SOME SECURITY!"


"Security?! Why the hell do you have to bring security?! What am I, the daughter of the President of the United States!?"


Amber's phone rang and she answered it and judging from her reaction the person on the other line is also shouting at her. Tia and Dani are browsing something on Tia's phone while Jinri seems to be talking to Joey based on her smile.


"Are you ing kidding me Jung Soojung?! You're all over the news since last night!"


I can hear Amber arguing on the other line pulling her hair. What the is happening??


"Soojung are you still there??!!!! I'm coming now just stay there or go to a place where no media can enter."


News??? Last night?? How would I know, I don't even watch the news... What, did they show my video falling down again? Did the Korean nation had a late reaction on my failed bid to enter the Olympics?!


"Victoria listen to me! I don't care if they find out it's me. The media doesn't even recognize me now and for God sake I'm already retired! I'm a private individual in this country now! And my girlfriend too so just do what I said. I need a lot of here right now!" She ended her call and closed her eyes taking deep breaths. I pulled her to me and cupped her face with my hands calming her.


"What's happening?? Amber?! Unnie just called me and told me I'm on the news last night!! Is that throng of media outside waiting for us?!"


"It was Victoria, my other cousin and publicist. She told me a scandal broke out last night..." We took a seat on the row of chairs waiting for everyone.


"S-scandal? Is that photo in Instagram scandal worthy?! Your face is covered for Pete's sake! And I'm a private person, not even a celebrity. Why would they like to make my life gossip worthy?"


"I don't know Soojung...."


Dani and Tia immediately went to us showing something on Tia's phone. It was a news article posted by Dispatch hours ago.


"Amber unnie, Soojung unnie, I think all these has something to do with this.." my eyes went wide when it showed photos of me and Amber in the beach yesterday being affectionate with each other. It also captured what I did to her and boy it was a graphic photo to see. It even has a photo of us when Amber and I were necking at the beach. Although our heads are covered by our hoods, Amber's side of the face was captured with the drawing of the goatee.


Oh . . . . .


Me and Amber kissing like hungry fishes.


I don't know what to say.. shock got into me. Amber gave the phone to Dani and covered her face with her hands.


"..."


"Amber..."


"... I ruined you.. .."


"AMBER!! Look at me!" I cupped her face pulling it to me. She uncovered her face and placed her hands on my waist holding it. I can see that she's having some anxiety attacks on this kind of situations. Her eyes rested on mine, that's the time I kissed her fully. She stiffened for a second then got hold of it and calmed. She answered it with much affection and we stayed like that for a minute. We broke the kiss and we connected our foreheads together.


"Are you okay now?" I asked her rubbing my nose on her. She nodded and tighten her hold on my waist. "Don't leave me Amber... I'm afraid about what's going to happen...."


"I promised you I won't leave you Soojung. We'll fix this, don't worry. Victoria and Yuri are coming, they'll help us go out of this airport." She kissed my forehead and pulled me closer to her. Dani and Tia are seating in front of us anxious of what's happening outside. The media are getting crazy outside waiting for us to go out.


"I have an idea guys!" Jinri suddenly shouted and huddled with us. "I'll lead their focus on me. They know I was with you Soojung-ah so they will definitely follow me to get some statement. What we need is an escape vehicle."


"That's already settled and waiting outside.." our heads turned to the one who spoke and it was a tall fashionable Chinese looking girl wearing a white coat and sunglasses. She smiled at us and suddenly smacked Amber's head annoyed.


"What the hell Amber! I thought my publicist days are over! We've been keeping it low this past 3 years and this!? We have to talk later about this!" She turned to me and extended her hands with a smile "Hi! I'm Victoria, Amber's beautiful cousin and publicist, Manager of Yuri Kwon." Amber snorted at her earning another smack on the head.


"K-krystal, Krystal Jung Soojung..." I shook her hand and bowed. She's strikingly beautiful with her long hair and queenly demeanor. "This is my friend Choi Jinri.."


"Call me Sulli! I love your coat by the way!" Jinri chirpily said shaking Victoria's hand.


"Nice to finally meet you Krystal, I'm sorry for this mess. Don't worry the coaster is already waiting outside." She turned to the two rascals hugging her and patted their heads affectionately "and hello to you too, you two monkeys! Jie Jie missed you two!"


"Jie Jie we want hotpot after all these shenanigans!" Tia said cutely at Victoria. I can see how close they are to Victoria clinging on her.

 

 


"Soojung!"


"Amber!"


"Jess unnie!"


"Yuri!"


We turned to the voices we heard and I saw unnie rushing to me. A beautiful tall girl with long hair wearing dark sunglasses and a baseball cap came running from the other side rushing to us.


They bumped to each other then they stopped and stood away. I saw unnie's face pale when she saw the girl. The girl also paled when she saw unnie, she immediately stepped back a few feet away from my sister fidgeting. Her gaze fell downwards. What the hell is happening?!


"Jess unnie! Hey! I'm here and we need to plan how we'll get out here."


Jess unnie mumbled something to the girl and tried to reach for her but the girl stepped back again.  I can see the girls' hand shaking at her sides telling something to unnie. I looked dumbfounded at Amber and she shook her head not knowing what is happening.


"Soojung... What was your sister's name? I'm having a bad feeling about this..."


"H-her name is Sooyeon, Jessica Jung Sooyeon..wae?"


"Oh my Gahd! She is Jessica!? Call your sister now and we have to get out of here. Before Yuri does anything stupid with herself again.."


"Wae?! What is it?!"


"Just call her babe!"


"BABE?!?"


"We'll just talk about it later Soojung, honey, please?" I blushed at what she said and pouted. She just clenched her teeth at me grinning and pleading to just listen to what she said and call on my sister.


"Dani, Tia, see that girl over there who looks like me? I want you to pull her stupid here, that's my unnie. Arasso?"


"That girl doing some stupid staring with Yuri unnie? Okay~" the two teens made an okay sign and ran to their direction. Unnie was surprised when Dani suddenly touched her arm and pulled her on our direction. Tia was pushing the girl named Yuri to where we are.


"Soojung!" She hugged me tight and cupped my face. "Are you okay? Did some media already saw you? Who is this kid? S-she looks like you..." She pointed at Dani who is waving at her.


"This is Dani, my new little sister. That's Tia her best friend, Victoria is Amber's cousin and publicist.."


Jess unnie extended her hand to Victoria which the latter graciously accepted "I recognize you... Song..Victoria Song right? I saw you in UCB before.."


"Yup, Yuri.." Victoria looked at the girl named Yuri who is obviously standing 5 feet away from us staring at Jess unnie and fidgeting. "Yuri introduced us before when I visited her in UCB. It's nice to see you again Jessica.. but I think this is not the right place to chat."


"U-unnie t-this is A-a-mber..." I saw unnie's eyes turn black while looking at Amber. Oh bless us Lord. Amber stood beside me and bowed low to unnie.


"H-H-H-Hi my name is Amber, Amber J. Liu... I-I-I-I .... W-w-we... I mean.. your sister and I..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Pak!

 

giphy.gif


My jaw dropped when unnie suddenly punched Amber, her fist landing on my girlfriend's nose! Omo!


"Unnie!!! Why did you punch Amber!! Oh my God!! Amber are you okay?!" My girlfriend leaned on me clutching her big nose.


"Ouch... You're sister is not happy to see me..." TT


"Soojung! What the hell is he saying?! Is he the guy on the photos?!"


"Unnie she's my girlfriend Amber... The one I told you that I met in Jeju..." I said biting my lips crossing my fingers at the back. Please let us live.


"Girlfriend!? This llama with a big nose is a freaking girl?! But she has a goatee in the photo!" Unnie tried to tilt Amber's face but she duck into my side afraid of unnie.


"Last time I checked my body parts, yes unnie I'm a girl.." I elbowed Amber for answering to unnie like that.


"Don't call me unnie! We're not sisters!!"


"But soon we will be.."


"Why you!!! You!! Arrrghhhhhhh!! Jung Soojung you have a lot of explaining to do later!" She saw Dani watching her with fascination that's why unnie composed herself and smiled at her.


Unnie looked at me coldly and at Amber murderously. "You and you, the two of you have a lot of explaining to do. We'll talk about that later. For now we have to get out of here fast!" She turned to the girl named Yuri standing far away from us. Unnie started to step to her direction but the girl stepped back making unnie stop and stare at her wondering.


"D-don't.... Just don't.. j-just s-stay t-there Sooyeon. I'll be okay if you stay away from me. Let's help your sister and my cousin to get out of here."


"Yul..." There was sadness in unnie's voice, when the girl named Yuri stopped her from coming to her. Even held her hands up to stop her. She looks familiar... Isn't she the CF queen? Amber squeezed my hand looking at me like telling me she'll explain later.

 

"Guys, the security are ready. They already cordoned off the arrival area." Victoria came to us and asked the two tired teens to stand up. "Dani, Tia, come with your Yuri unnie and just walk straight, okay? Don't turn back." She turned to me and asked "Can we take off your knee brace Soojung?"


"Y-yeah sure.." we took it off and she asked Dani to sit down.


She placed it on Dani's right leg and took her cap and gave it to me. "Wear that cap Soojung, then give your cap to Dani. We'll have Dani as your dummy so when she and Yuri step out there the media will think she's you based on your similar looks. Sulli you should be on their front, okay? Take the crutches too.."


She gave me a white facemask and Jessi too. "Wear this Soojung and put your hoodie on. Amber, lower the brim of your hat and wear your glasses. I'm still not ready to reveal you again to the world after 3 years. We'll talk about that later. Jessica, there's another SUV waiting for us outside. The moment the media follows our dummy, we will have to walk faster avoiding them. All three of you should follow me and don't look back, arasso?" We nodded at her and asked for the airport security to get our luggages and put it all in the coaster.


I called on Dani and fixed her hair the way it always drapes on my face. I adjusted the baseball cap on her head and made her wear my sunglasses.


"So, how do I look? Do I look like Krystal Jung now?" She asked grinning at me. She was like a carbon copy of me minus my mole in the right cheek. Unnie was also staring at her wondering why, looking at me asking.


"Yeah, you look like unnie now. Just walk straight ahead, okay? Don't trip and don't look up. We'll see you in the house after this. Tia, wear your cap too and just walk straight."


"Ne unnie!" She made a thumbs up sign to me and wore her cap obediently. The two best friends grinned at each other and made a bro fist.


The girl named Yuri called us on and adjusted her hat "Victoria, they told me all the luggages are already secured in the coaster. We will see you in Amber's house.." she turned to me and smiled "It's nice to finally see you Soojung. I heard so much about you before. Take care.." she looked at Jess unnie momentarily and smiled sadly then called on the teens and Sulli.


There was longing and sadness in their eyes. A deep longing for each other and if I'm right, Yuri might be the first love she mentioned to me a week ago. Small world, wrong place to meet again.


Amber pulled me on her back and draped my arms on her neck. I hugged her tight and wrapped my good leg on her waist while my bad leg dangle on her sides. Her hands resting on my supporting my weight. She's going to piggy back me going to the SUV since it's much faster than carrying me bridal style.


"Guys, position now. On three.. one, two, three!"


Sulli came out and the media went crazy, cameras roll, flashes flickered. Then Yuri, Dani, and Tia went out, with Dani using one of my crutches. The moment they went out there was chaos but luckily the security team protected them. All their attention was on the Krystal Jung walking out to the coaster that they didn't noticed us quietly going out of the arrival area and went to the sides. We followed Victoria's fast stride and made a dash to the exit. Some of the airport passengers are looking at us weirdly on why we are almost running.


We reached a black SUV and Amber carefully placed me at the backseat. Victoria sat on the passenger seat and the driver beamed at us smiling widely.


"Luna unnie!!! What are you doing here??!"


"Vic called me saying she needs back up so here I am! Hey Jessi! Amber my Koala! What's up!" She made some gangster hand signs to Amber making me laugh.

 

"Aisssh! Luna! Just drive! Palli!"


"Fine! Pororia!" The two stopped bickering and Luna started to drive away from the airport. We all released a deep breath relieved that we finally got out of the airport. Jess unnie was silent beside me looking out of the window. Her mind somewhere else.


"Are you okay? Does your knee hurt?" I heard Amber asking making me turn to my left. Her face full of sweat because of the run she made with me on her back. I took off her cap and eye glasses placing it on my lap. I reached for a tissue on the box and wiped her face.


"I'm okay, it doesn't hurt Am. How's your arm? Your nose isn't broken, right?" I squeezed her arm lightly massaging it "Do you need a cold pack?" She gave me a nod and smiled. "When we get home Soojung. It's still bearable.."


"Wae?" Luna looked at us in the rearview mirror asking. "Did something happened to your arm Amber? Did you overused it? I told you not to lift heavy things!"


I almost choke on what Luna unnie said.. 'Heavy things!' I'm not heavy! I pouted at Amber making her laugh quietly.


"I did.... not." Amber looks at me winking. "I think I just pulled something when I was working out yesterday but it's nothing serious you can't fix.." she smiled at Luna from the rearview mirror and intertwined our hands resting on her lap.


"I'm not heavy, right?" I whispered at her still pouting.


"You were not heavy when we met at the bar, but after staying in our house it seems you gained some weight Soojung..." What!!? "Don't worry, we'll sweat it out." Why do I suddenly feel excited on that sweat it out thing?! Bad Soojung, bad.

 

"You stayed in her house??! Soojung!!? I thought you're staying in the hotel with Sulli?!" I turned to Jess unnie and grinned at her clenching my teeth.

 

 

Oh ooh.. busted.