Lutz - 15

Edges and Toe Picks

A/N: The second update chingus.... Sorry if it's late 😊

----------

630ec815f59f0fe15f13fe68fb7dc26fa0d71d0e_hq.gif

 

 

 

"We have to fix this immediately.." Jess unnie spoke beside me glaring coldly at Amber. We're already at Amber's house in Seoul and I can't help myself but admire my girlfriend's house. It's not mansion type big but big and homey enough to live in. It has 4 rooms and 4 bathrooms, living area with fireplace, a music and library room, trophy room where Amber keeps her MVP trophy's and Championship medals, spacious kitchen and dining area, and a big backyard with a rectangular size swimming pool and jacuzzi.

62181b5d2756200ece1f384af7faa7f4.jpg


Once we arrived, we let the teens go and choose their room first and made them rest. I told Dani and Tia to stay in the room while all of us talk.


"Soojung unnie, is it like, a serious thing? Is it that bad?" Dani asked me while lying in her bed. I sat beside her and ruffled her hair.


"It's nothing I can't handle Dani..... And your Amber unnie is here, she promised to do anything to stop it. I don't even know why someone is interested on the two of us.. we're just two athletes living our life away from the glamour. Whoever took those photos knew that I'm staying in your house. The photographer had the best angle in all our photos at the beach."


"Come to think of it unnie," Tia rolled beside Dani and placed her chin on Dani's shoulder "your face is visible in the photos but all we saw in Amber unnie is the side of her face. All the other photos has her back on it, like the one who took the photo doesn't want her to be seen on it."


"So? What does it mean? Only Soojung unnie is the target on this scandal?"


"It's possible that the one who took the photo was just paid to do it. The pictures are so amateurish Danielle Kim! Hello! Photography enthusiast here girl!" Tia said flipping her hair to her best friend.


"I hate you.. really hate you.."


" Me too... That's why we're best friends."


"I know.." the two of them made a brofist grinning at each other. Kids... Tsk tsk..


I stood up with my crutches and said goodbye to them. "I'm going back to the living area girls. Stay here and we'll call you when it's time to eat. We just have to think about something to cover this up."


"Unnie!" Dani called me while I'm turning the knob. I turned to Dani facing her "Wae? Do you want anything Dani-ah?"


"Nothing....~" she smiled cutely at me making me chuckle. I made a bye bye and went out of the room. Amber was there in the hallway waiting, her face lit up when she saw me going out the door.


She pulled me by the waist and kissed me hungrily. I almost forgot I have crutches that I need it for balance. I wrapped my arms on her neck and she pinned me on the wall, my damn crutches falling in the floor. It made her grin in our kiss that I wanted to wipe that stupid grin away from her cute face.


"We should get rid of that crutches immediately Soojung... They're really bothersome.."


"I know... They kill my vibe." I pouted at her like a puppy and gave her pecks in the lips. Can I take her home?!


"Let's go... They're waiting for you. Your unnie is killing me slowly with her stare, looks like she wants to strangle my neck and punch me all she wants like a UFC fighter."


"Awww.... My poor llama~" I gave her another kiss that she eagerly received. It escalated quickly to deep tongue kisses making me moan and hot all over. I can feel her hands cupping my and squeezing it deliciously. She broke our kiss and rubbed our noses together trying to control herself.


"I would really like to pin you in my bed right now and just make out with you Soojung but we got company in the living area. Your sister will kill me if we don't show up there right now."


"Amberrrr.... Don't do this to me.."


She chuckled at my pouting and gave me a final kiss then she kneeled down to get my bothersome crutches. I really hate these crutches, I can't wait for the day that I won't be needing it. She guided me to the living area and made me sit beside my sister on the couch.


"So, we have made a decision Amber, Krystal." Victoria said while rubbing her palms together. She said it makes her produce more ideas. "Jessica agreed to it so it's safe. No statements will be made from both camps. The photo released last night in the late night news didn't include the one with your face visible Amber. They released it this morning and Korean netizens became interested. They haven't figured out who you are so that's good. As for Krystal's photos, I already talked to the Head of Dispatch and told them we're willing to pay for the photos to be taken down and the original files to be given to us. They already gave the amount and all I need is your approval, but there's one catch." Wow... Victoria knows what to do with this things. Even in the airport what she did was amazing and I'm very thankful for it.


"And what do they want? Isn't it enough that I'm giving them money?" Amber sniggered puffing air.


"They want an exclusive photo shoot with you Soojung on your first day of training after your recovery.." unnie leaned her back on the couch and looked at me "..plus an exclusive interview."


"If that's what they want, okay. I'll do the photoshoot and interview but they will have to wait long because we're still starting with the therapy plan Luna has. But do we really have to pay them?"


"It's actually 'Sponsorship' Soojung... And yes we have to because we have to take down those photos of yours. The ones were the two of you are a little intimate with each other..." Victoria carefully chose the word she told me making Amber snort at her.


"More of you eating that llama's face... Huh! Jung Soojung! You rascal! Is that what I taught you?! You could have chosen a private place to do it! If Mom is here she might have smacked your head now. And you.." she pointed at Amber and threw a pillow at her. "you defiled my sister!"


"It was a private place! No one was there because it's away from the crowd unnie! And all couples do that, right? You did it too before, admit it..." I said wriggling my eyebrows at her playfully. Unnie took hold of a pillow with a duck design in the couch and started to attack me with it.


Yuri burst out laughing somewhere on the room. She was watching unnie amusely and I can see how much she adores her. What bothers me is why she's far from us. Is she a loner or something? Unnie saw her laughing and sat quietly beside me blushing. Jess unnie blushing and quiet!? This is new!


"So it's settled. Amber I need your approval for the bank transfer and Krystal's signature on this agreement." She gave a piece of paper to Amber and I saw a lot of zeros in there making my eyes pop out of its socket. Millions of Wons in exchange for our photos!? She signed it just like that and stamped her dojang.


"Babe, sign here.." she gave me the paper and I read it. It was well written and thought of, I bet it's Victoria who did this. It says there that all photos that was sent to them anonymously will be given to us and no articles will be posted again about it. Failure to do so will be grounds for a court case and them paying me a large sum of money. It says there that those photos shouldn't have been posted without getting our sides first. I signed the agreement and stamped my dojang too.


"I have to go guys, I'll handle this don't worry. I'm not Victoria Song for nothing... Bye Krystal, Jessica. I'll keep in touch." She waved goodbye to us and went out the house.


We've been together since yesterday and we already made the headlines. Already spent Hundred Millions of Won for private photos of us expressing our selves and survived a zombie group of mediamens at the airport. What's next?


"By the way Sooyeon, you and Soojung should stay here tonight until the last of the photographers and reporters waiting outside your apartment are gone." Yuri suddenly said surprising Jess unnie. She didn't expect Amber's cousin to speak directly at her even though she's far from where we are.


"Y-yul... " They were looking at each other with so much pained emotion that I can't fathom. Yuri was the first one to break away and look somewhere else.


"Don't worry Sooyeon, this house is safe and I don't live here. Though my house is just next door." Unnie was going to say something but decided not to. There was this awkwardness developing in the air. I pulled unnie's shirt asking for her decision on what Yuri offered. It's better to stay here than to see those nosy photographers again!


And I want to interrogate Amber about Yuri, why she's like this to unnie and she seems so vulnerable unlike to what she always depicts in her CFs.


"O-Okay... But you will not sleep in Amber's room. We'll sleep in one room Soojung and no buts!" Fine! She knew I'm going to protest. What am I a High schooler?! I'm already 22 and I still can't sleep beside my girlfriend in her own house! 


"Why can't I just sleep beside Amber? We won't do anything, promise! As if I can have with her, with my legs' condition, come on unnie!" I elbowed Amber to speak too and she looked at me afraid of unnie.


"Jung Soojung, for you, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! I know you..."


"J-j-jessica I won't do anything to your sister. I respect her and she has an injury I'm not going to do anything that will worsen it." I want to kiss this llama right now, good answer to Queen Elsa!


Yuri stood up and went near us but still a few feet away from Jessi. She is beautiful, her skin color compliments her eyes and her body is to die for. The dark blue blazer she's wearing gives off the masculine appeal with a feminine touch paired with her tattered denim jeans. You'll never guess that she played hockey before because of her figure.


"You're sister is already 22 Sooyeon, she's not the same old teenager you've been telling me before. Let her experience the life that you said she didn't have the chance to do because of being immersed by your Dad in training." I want to run to Yuri and hug her.


"Yul... My sister is still young to do this things..she doesn't even go on dates!"


"You make me sound like I'm an innocent kid unnie..." Amber smirked at what I said earning a glare from me.


"We were 19 when we..." Yuri stopped what she was going to say and fidgeted with her hands "..I mean... together..before. You should give your blessings to the two of them. My cousin is a good person, she won't do anything bad to your sister. I can vouch for that, just want to let you know that she's 90% stupid and 10% genius sometimes." Amber threw a pillow at Yuri annoyed. Yuri was just laughing softly and threw the pillow back to Amber.


Unnie was just looking at Yuri with longing. So much for telling me that you moved on but based on your expression unnie, you want to run to her and hug her. Should I ask Amber to do something for Yuri and Jessi?


Maybe Yuri's proximity is because of that Restraining Order that Dad filed against her. But it's in the US, we're in Korea now. For sure it's not valid anymore considering that it's already been years.


Amber cleared and looked at me "Maybe we should order dinner. How does pizza sounds like?"


"Sounds good... I bet Dani and Tia are starving. Make it 3 boxes and I want a Caesar salad and Hot Wings. Unnie what do you want?"


"A bottle of red wine and a bucket of courage and patience...." She mumbled the last line absentmindedly making me look at Amber with a scrunch eyebrows.


"I have one in my house.. I'll get it." Yuri stood up and started to the door.


"Yul! I'll go with you." Oh. This is like watching a drama. Unnie was standing on her spot with Yuri looking so panicky at her. I saw Yuri clench her fist and took a deep breath.


"I think I have a bottle of wine here--" Amber said but Yuri cut her off and smiled.


"It's okay Amber, I'll just get it. Just stay 5 feet away from me Jessi when you follow me. I-I-I-I... just listen to what I said. Let's go.." she started to walk making unnie follow her.


"You two, no hanky panky while I'm away." She looked murderously at Amber making my girlfriend hide at my back. "We'll be back! Yul...! Wait!" Did my sister just run after Yuri like a kid?! I know her as someone who has a big pride but what happened made me look at her differently.

 


Amber made the orders and said that it will be delivered after 30 minutes. She gave Dani and Tia a box of choco pie on their room to eat while we're waiting for dinner. She sat beside me and brought my legs up to her lap and started to massage it.


"Am... What happened to Yuri? Why is she staying that far from us?"


"It's more of staying away from your unnie. Your Dad filed a restraining order for her to stay away within 5 feet. She..." She looked at me like trying to control her emotions "she had a meltdown when they broke up. She tried to end her life by drinking sleeping pills."


"What?! Oh my God... Unnie thought Yuri was just on a vacation!."


"That was why she didn't bother to attend their graduation. She's having anxiety attacks because of what happened. The vacation was to cover up her condition. She did became better a little and finished her studies without bumping to your sister. Then she went to L.A. and lived with me to serve as my manager in the league. After my retirement, we came back here in Seoul and she started to have offers to do CFs and magazine shoots."


"It was just weird.... When she arrived in the airport earlier and when she saw unnie... It's like she doesn't want Jess near her. Her hands were shaking and fidgeting."


She took a deep breath and sighed. "I just hope she's okay right this moment... Your sister better not touch her or she'll see Yuri on her most vulnerable state. She might change her mind if she still wants to be with my cousin."

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica's POV


The moment Yuri said that she's going to get the wine on her house was the chance I'm waiting for. I wanted to have a private time with her, to talk to her and finally clear everything that happened to us in the past.


I lied to Soojung. I never got over her, never forgot about her in those years we were not together. It's just that, I don't know how to be with her again.


I wanted to be with her but Dad and the law prohibits it, I don't want her to be drag away back to Korea just because of a stupid restraining order. She just disappeared out of my life, like she doesn't want to do anything with me ever.


I know it sounds absurd, but it's a blessing in disguise what happened to Soojung. If she didn't need a therapist, I wouldn't get her number and talk to her again. I know she has been living quietly in Korea and I've seen her commercials in YouTube and I missed her more than ever.


That's why when Coach Mike offered the job to me, I said yes in an instant. Because I know going home in Korea means being near Yuri again and maybe, I can make it up to her in all those years that we are not together.


But the Yuri I saw in the airport earlier is different from the Yuri I know back then. Gone is the happy go lucky girl I loved deeply before. Who loves bouncing around spreading energy to everyone, the Yuri who has the twinkle in her eyes and mischief whenever she will look at me. Her gorgeous smile that lits up my world and completes my day.


The Yuri in front of me now is awkward, fidgety, shaking. Uneasy and her eyes show sadness.... Gone were the loving eyes I had the privilege to stare at before, that makes me lose myself and surrender to her. We were staring at each other earlier and I can see how much she wants to be with me but she's having uncertainties.


I want to assure her that this time, no one will stop us now. Dad doesn't have a say anymore in what I will do in my life. The moment I became legally capable of myself is the time I know I can fight for Yuri. I just don't know how to start.


When we talked in the phone after asking her about Luna, she doesn't know that behind those calm voice is a messy beating heart.


Hearing her voice after a long time made me long for her, and now, now that she's just a few feet ahead of me makes me want to feel her again.


But why does she want me far away from her? Like she doesn't want to be near me at all?


I followed her outside and walked in the grassy lawn. Amber's backyard has a swimming pool and a half basketball court. It has a wooden fence all over and a door going to the other house. We entered the door with me at her tail and when I saw her backyard it made me gasp.

 

 


She has a flower garden full of Daisies and Angel's Breath. A big Oak tree with a wooden bench under it is being lit up by a lamp with a soft light. A single tear escaped my eyes.... She remembered it. She ing remembered it.

 


"When I go Pro, we're going to build a house with 4 rooms, then with a big kitchen and it should have a balcony.." Yuri said while hugging me in the couch. We've been hiding from Dad for a week, Jackie her cousin is gracious enough to let us crash in her apartment. Her sister, Amber, was in training camp wishing to be drafted in the league.


Yul was older than her but she said her cousin was a gifted hockey player. I haven't met her but I can see how close their family is. I miss Soojung.... I wish I can call her and tell her what's happening.But I know it will just distract her on her training... I don't want to bother her with my own problems. 

 

"I want a backyard with a big Oak tree seobang... Then we'll plant some flowers in there and place a bench under the tree. The kids will love it!"


"What flower would you like to plant in there baby? Want some roses? Peonies? Sun flowers?"


"Daisies... I want some Daisies seobang. We're going to plant a lot of Daisies and Angel's Breath in our flower garden! Lots of it!"


"What does Daisies and Angel's Breath mean baby?"


I cupped her face and looked straight at her with a smile on my lips. Yuri is my life... I don't know how I'll live without her.

 


"Loyal and everlasting love seobang. Like my love for you."

 

 

 

 


"Ah.... Sooyeon... I have a Merlot and a Cabernet Sauvignon. What would you like?" Yuri asked me dumbfoundedly while holding out the 2 wine bottles.


I know she told me to stay 5 feet away from her but I don't care.


Tonight, I'm going to claim you again Yuri.


I'll never let you go ever again.