Salchow - 32

Edges and Toe Picks

A/N: Hey chingus! Just a short update dropping now. 

Peace yow! ✌

------------

 


Krystal's POV

 

"Unnie!!" I turned around in the ice and saw Dani and Do-yeon waving at me from the bleachers. Shannon was reading a book and Tia, well eating what seems to be a Corndog. I waved at them and continued on skating practicing my spins.


It's been a week since Amber asked me to move in, and I already told it to Jessi but her answer is still vague. She said she'll think about it... So we're keeping our fingers cross that she will give the answer today.


Amber and I are not hurrying... We can still wait since I spend my weekends at Amber's house and she on random nights at weekdays on our apartment. It's just that I don't know why Jessi is having a hard time saying yes to it.


"Soojung..." Jessi was skating her way to me with a smile on her face. "Ne, unnie.. what can you say about the spin?" I went to the side and she followed me.


"Good as always, but I know you'll never accept it so just practice some more. Listen Soojungie... Do you have anything to do later?"


"Well..." I took off my gloves and blew my breath to warm my hands "the kids wants me to make Lasagna later that's why they're waiting for me. We're going straight to the apartment after my practice unnie."


"Good! I was planning to make dinner later, Hae is coming. Maybe you can help me.." oh.. they're not going out later.


I nodded at unnie and she seems ecstatic today. I don't know why but maybe it's something to do with the dinner later. They always go out that she doesn't have time for me and Dani anymore. We rarely see each other in the house even though we live together in one roof.


Where she wakes up, I'm already gone and headed to Luna unnie's for my work out while she goes straight to team practice or attend meetings in the university. Sometimes there are days that she's free but she mostly spends it with Donghae Oppa. She went to Amber's house once when Dani called her asking for help on her project when Amber and I went on a meeting with a sponsor.


But she only stayed for an hour and immediately said good bye to the teens because Donghae Oppa called her and went to a date. It left Shannon a feeling of displeasure.... Well not at Jessi, but at Donghae. The teens felt their Jessi unnie doesn't care about them anymore. Ever since she and Yuri unnie had a fall out, all Jessi does is be with Donghae Oppa going on dinner dates, weekend trips, or sometimes sleepovers. I don't know about her but I wish she's being safe because not all sleepovers are innocent.


I told the teens to understand Jessi because it's the only time again she became this free after our mother died. I know they are still rooting for Jessi and Yuri unnie to be together again but I told them not to hope 100% because from what I see from their interactions in work, they both have move on.


But from what I saw from last week's win, when Yuri unnie said goodbye to them I think there's still a little itsy bitsy something for unnie. Don't get me wrong, I'm not telling that she's not happy for Yuri unnie. I'm sure she is, I hope.


When Yuri unnie said goodbye to her and Donghae Oppa, I saw a smirk from Oppa and I don't like it. It's not like him, judging from how I knew him before but you'll never know, people change. Unnie just nodded at Yuri and gave a small smile but Yuri unnie was beaming.


The moment Yuri ran to the bleachers and meet Se Kyung with a bright smile on her face, I took a secret glance at unnie and I saw her looking at them. Her face was blank and I can't see any emotions on it then she looked away enough to see me looking at her. I just smiled warmly at unnie and called the kids to congratulate their oppas.


We were alone in the lockers getting our stuffs when I decided to confront unnie. Not really confront, just to ask some things because once we go home it will be just her and Donghae oppa talking and I'll be out of place again.


"Unnie... I have a question.."


"Sure! What is it Soojungie?" She asked me while getting her bag on the locker. I sat on the bench checking my hands.


"You and Donghae Oppa, are you already a couple? Like legit with status you know... Like me and Amber?"


She laughed softly at what I said and patted my head like a kid "Aww.. our Soojungie.. are you worried about unnie that's why you're asking?"


"Well... I'm just curious because you're not telling anything to me unnie. We're best friends, right? We haven't talk lately... I mean... We see each other here in practice and talk about skating and drills but, we haven't do a serious talk lately." I pouted at her shamelessly making her laugh again. "Hey! I'm being serious here Jessi!"


"I'm sorry... If we haven't spend time together this past days, I was just busy with other stuffs."


"Like going on dates every night?" I sarcastically told her earning a slap on my arm.


"Yah! You and Amber goes on dates too!"


"But not every night! Only on random nights and we're rarely alone. We always have the kids with us.." I rubbed the part she slapped and I tried to kick her.


She snickered at me and flicked my forehead "You sound like a mother of four! Stop that! You sound delusional.."


"Haha... I'm not. And I am their mother, even though not the biological one but still I care for them and gave them love and everything they need. Like what mom did to us when she was still alive." I smiled while gazing at the wall remembering Mom.


She sat beside me on the bench and hugged me sideways. I miss unnie's hugs, it always comforts me in times I needed it. "Unnie... I'm not delusional by the way. I'm gonna have kids to call my own so be prepared for that because when that time comes, they will pester you like little monkeys!"


She sighed audibly in my shoulders. "Soojungie... You and Amber... Are you getting serious now?"


"Are you and Donghae Oppa official now?" I threw back a question on her and she nodded. "For how long?"


"Since last week, after the win. We went out for dinner and finally made it official with him." She beamed at me and I can see that she's genuinely happy with her decision. I hugged her back squishing her tightly earning a pinch on my arms.


"Yah! That hurts! Unnie!"


"Serves you right! It was so tight!" We laughed at each other stayed like that just cherishing our alone time.


She cleared after a while breaking the silence "About my question earlier, you haven't answered it dummy."


"About the serious part? Well we are going to step to the next level and we already discussed about having kids in the future so yeah... It's serious unnie."


"Are you really sure about Amber?" Okayyyy... That seems to be a question that came from out of nowhere.


"Yes, I am unnie. I love her as much as she loves me... She takes care of me and protects me and the kids too. When I met her and looked into her eyes, I saw my future with her. You know Amber, she's going to take care of me so you don't have to worry."
She broke our hug cupping my cheeks "Who would have known that the little nosy girl like you will grow up like this? I think you're more mature than me.."


"More intelligent than you may I add.." I snickered at her earning a smack on my head. "Yah! I'll tell Amber you're abusing me again!"


"Go tell her and I'll punch her to death!" She said raising her fist on me.


"Then I'll strangle Yuri unnie's neck to death!" I shouted at her as a banter. Then I realized what a mistake I have make hehehe... Old habits die hard. "I mean... Haha.. sorry Jess. Just slip of the tongue it won't happen again."


She just smiled at me and ruffled my hair "That's okay... No harm done Soojungie I know you don't mean it." I nodded and looked at her. She seem to have already moved on from what happened and I'm glad. Yuri unnie too is moving on but I wish they can keep the friendship they have before.


"Soojungie... I think I owe Yuri an apology, don't you think?" She took a deep breath and sighed then smiled at me. "Sorry if you and Amber got dragged to this confusions and problems we had. I made a mistake too and I want to apologize to Yuri.... I never kept my promise that I'll wait. But I just wanted to be happy like you said... It's time for me to think about myself so I did. Hae has been treating me right and the attraction we have before is still there. That's why I took a risk and followed what my heart wants."


I nodded at her again and smiled but deep inside me there are things I wanna say to her but I think I can't so I just settled for something else.

 


"Yeah... You do owe her an apology for being impatient unnie! She suffered a lot because of your break up before! She was okay and what she only wanted was for you to stay away within 5 feet... But what did you do?! You tried to get to her again hoping that you can heal the wounds Dad inflicted on her emotionally! Did you know??! She tried to end her life because of you! Her life was quiet until you came along again promising that you'll wait for her patiently. You entered her life again and put things in her head that you can't do. But what happened? You became impatient and turned your head somewhere else."

 


Stupid Soojung! That's your sister, the sister who took care of you and loves you to the moon and back! Don't be blinded by your emotions. She might have done wrong and hurt a person you also care for but it's their business, don't dwell on it.


"I'm happy for you unnie, I really am. I think this is the time where the two of you should sit down and talk. Clear things out and save your friendship, no awkward feelings whatsoever. May I just ask unnie, do you love Donghae Oppa?"


She stared at me thinking of what to say then smiled "Yeah, I think I love him. He always treats me like I'm the most important person in his life. What we have is like the continuation of yesterday only now, we can finally make it official. He said he loves me ever since and will give me all the love that I deserve. He's like a breath of fresh air when I was having problems with Yuri. My feelings for him went back and I realize that with him I'm secured." I nodded at her picking up the words that she said. "I'm happy Soojungie, I really am."


But you broke her heart again unnie... Now she's moving on and I pray that you also move on because from what I heard from you now, 'I think I love him' is still questionable.

 


"We should go now unnie or Dani will threw a tantrum if her Lasagna will not materialize by now."


"She really got all your traits..."


"Not all... She also got some of yours ..." I'm just hoping she don't get your stupidness when it comes to love.

 

-------

 

 

Weeks went by and I competed in two major events locally and abroad where I placed first again. Only Amber and Yuri unnie accompanied me to Utah, unnie is needed by the team because they already entered the semi-finals.


From Utah our last stop was Los Angeles where Amber's sister Jackie is still based. She welcomed us at LAX and I saw how much they miss each other. Amber side hugged her sister like a kid while they are spazzing like crazy siblings. I love Jackie she's so cool and funny. She always bully Amber to the core that all Amber can do is pout at her sister and accept all of it.


We can't help ourselves so Yuri unnie and I joined her in bullying my monkey. And boy... It was fun! We were already at Jackie's house and I met her husband Bryan who was also nice and accommodating.


Jackie works as a writer and columnist for a newspaper while Bryan is an animator at a famous film company. The reason why she can't fly to Korea and visit us was because she is already 6 months pregnant. A surprise Amber learnt when she fetched us at the airport.


"I can't believe you have an ovary..." Amber snorted at her sister while we were having dinner. Jackie threw a cube of potato at her which she catches with . I laughed softly at what Amber said and elbowed her.


"Well surprise!!! I have !!" She patted her belly and whispered audibly on it making us laugh "Sorry honey, just cover your ears. Auntie Amber is teasing mommy." Aww so sweet~


"Amber just admit it, out of the four of us only Jackie and Vic has a 100% chance of having a working ovary. Mine is 50% and yours is never mind."


We all laughed out loud with Amber's expression like she's going to kill Yuri by poking her roast beef murderously with her fork. She turned to me pouting like a puppy asking for someone to defend her. I leaned for a peck on her lips making her grin with a smile.


"Arrrghhh.... Sugar sweetness alert from the monkey couple... Gahd!..." Yuri unnie rolled her eyes on us but Amber just smiled proudly at her and meronged on her cousin. I'm liking Yuri unnie's disposition now, I think Se Kyung influences her to be positive in life and enjoy it.


"By the way Soojung, I'm warning you ahead of time. Amber is kind of famous here so please be patient if a girl suddenly calls her from across the street if the two of you should decide to stroll. It's either an ex-fling or someone she met on a single night." I glared at Amber hearing the information from Jackie. Seems like we'll be staying indoors the whole duration of our stay.


Yuri unnie snickered at Amber teasing her "Someone's going to be held on house arrest for 3 days hehehe..." I winked playfully at Jackie controlling my laugh.


"Thanks Jackie, I'll need a duct tape and rope please. Some llama will be stuck here for 3 days, right babe?" I smiled mischievously at her and all she can do is facepalm herself.

 

 

 

Jackie and I decided to sit on their porch while watching Amber, Yuri, and Bryan play basketball on the backyard. I gave her mug of hot chocolate while we watch the three dorks trying to outwit each other.


"How is she treating you? Tell me if she treats you bad and I'll fly to Seoul in a heart beat just to kick her shin and punch her." I giggled at what she said and sipped my hot choco.


"She's the best girlfriend... Hands down! She's so sweet, caring, and will do everything just to make sure I'm okay. Sometimes we get into silly fights and we bicker once in a while but we don't let it affect our relationship and fix it immediately."


"Amber told me she already asked you to move in to her house with the kids. Did Jessica already gave her blessings about it?"


I shook my head and watched Amber dribbling the ball and passing it to Bryan. "Not yet Jackie... She's been avoiding that subject for weeks. Even Amber asked her personally but she's still giving pointless answers or dodging it. Dani also asked her about it and she just told our dongsaeng that it's up to me. I mean, as my only family besides my Dad who is MIA in our life and Dani, I'm asking for her permission because I respect her."


She patted my hands with understanding "Maybe she's just thinking about you or she's having separation anxiety with you. The two of you we're always together, she loves you very much. I remember Jessica before when she and Yuri went in hiding in my apartment, she was crying because she miss you so much. Just talk to her..."


"Yeah I will Jackie... I'll talk to her when we go home in Seoul. It's just... strange." I frowned remembering what Jessi asked me a couple of nights ago.


"What's strange?"


Yuri and Amber was fighting for possession of the ball rolling on the floor "A couple of nights ago, she asked me again a question that she also asked me before when we talked. She will always ask me if I'm very sure about Amber, that am I really sure that I want to spend my life with your sister. One question that ticked me off was when she asked me if I'm not embarass when Amber and I go out and walk on the street!."


"Ohhh.... That's below the belt. Simple but straight to the point." She whistled making me chuckle.


"I know, right!? It's so below the belt... Like it's not Jessica who asked that question. I felt like the Jessica infront of me is not the Jessica I know since we were kids. I told her, why will I feel embarassed if people will see us. We are like a normal couple when we go out, Amber's androgynous looks is a plus that's why everybody thinks he's male. We just clarify it to anyone who ask and there are no violent reactions whatsoever. Even kids dig her and call her Oppa.." I scoffed at what I said giggling. Amber's been very accommodating now to my younger fans.


"I don't know what's happening to your sister but it seems she's having doubts now because of what happened to her and Yuri last time. Maybe she thinks there's nothing to gain, you know the old thinking. I think she wants you to have a 'normal' relationship just like her now with that Donghae."


"She's crazy... She was even telling me before that she's thankful Amber came to my life and made me happy. She even told me that she'll marry me off to your sister. Now she's having second thoughts?! I don't know what to do with her. I just let her speak her mind and i try to understand Jessi's situation. But it's already exhausting... "


"Just ask her nicely maybe she has her own reasons."


I chuckled seeing Amber tickling Yuri just to get the ball "There's nothing she can do about it, I won't let her say something like that again. If she do it again, I might as well decide on my own and live with Amber and my other sister. It's like living and breathing with a different Jessica nowadays..."


"Don't stress yourself about it Soojung. Just do what you always do and live your life the way you want. Just understand Jessica and talk to her nicely about it." I smiled at her nodding. We watched the cousins as they roll on the grass with Bryan as their referee. The basketball earlier is now a wrestling match.


"Thank you Soojung, you changed her life. I thought she won't trust again and will continue her playing. I'm glad she met you..." Jackie leaned her head on my shoulders and chuckled "you put some sense on that stupid monkey.. Oh! Yes baby, that's Auntie Soojung.." she was rubbing her swollen belly smiling.


"What happened?! Did he kicked?!"


"Yeah... Want to feel it? Place your hand here.." I placed my hand over Jackie's belly and she guided it rubbing "I think he's hiding.." I giggled at her then a sudden force jolted on her tummy, like a small kick from within.


"Oh my God! He kicked!" My eyes went wide on what I felt then the baby kicked again. Wow...


"Felt that? He's a kicker! I think he loves your voice he's kicking hard.."


"That's amazing... Hi baby boy ! This is Aunt Soojung... Don't give your mom a hard time when she gives birth to you.." the baby kicked again making us squeal.


That was an amazing experience! Jackie looks so beautiful with her pregnancy. The three dorks went to us when they heard us squeal. Yuri unnie kneeled in front of Jackie rubbing her tummy.


"Oh my God! Did baby boy kicked? Come on I want to feel it too! Baby boy! Aunt Yuri is here! Show me that kick!" Yuri unnie rubbed Jackie's tummy like she's rubbing a crystal ball. Jackie flicked Yul unnie's forehead laughing.


"Kwon! What do you think my belly is?! A crystal ball!?"


"Come on baby boy! Show Auntie Yuri that kick, you only showed it to Soojung. That's unfair.." she pouted at me that made me laugh.


I turned to Amber and I saw her laughing at Yuri. I pulled her to Yuri's side and placed her hand over Jackie's belly. "Maybe baby boy wants to kick Auntie Amber's hand. Talk to him Am..." I nudged her to talk and she just looked at me dumbfounded.


"What am I going to say?!"


"Stupid, talk to him!"


"Umm...Hi?" Tsk tsk tsk...


Our eyes turned wide when baby boy suddenly kicked hard making her Auntie Amber shout in happiness. Jackie smacked her sister's head hard because Amber startled her. I held my phone and captured the scene by taking a video of them. What made me smile is Amber's expression, it was pure and genuine love not just for her sister but also for the unborn nephew of hers. It was a priceless moment that will be treasured for a lifetime.

 

 

 

The following days were spent just hanging out in Jackie's house and going to Taco Bell to eat Amber's favorite Taco or at In n Out to eat my favorite cheese burger. Luckily, no exes has cross our path because if one does Amber knows what will happen.


On our last day we went shopping in Rodeo Drive at Beverly Hills with Yuri unnie. It's for the four teens back home who sent their wishlist to us through E-mail asking to buy gifts for them.


It was just simple trinkets, perfume, make-up, even jeans. Yuri unnie almost laughed reading Do-yeon's one and only wish, never forget to buy her a Victoria Secret pajama set. In pink may I add.


"Your daughter's only wish and it has to be pink. What the... Tsk tsk tsk... Let's go, that's our last stop. Maybe we can also buy something for ourselves Soojung." Yuri unnie said chuckling at me. She look pretty today! Guys are looking at her admiring her beauty while we walk at the streets of Rodeo Drive.

"Unnie, what are you going to buy for Se Kyung unnie?" She beamed at me and giggled. Ohhh... She giggled now huh. 

"I actually bought something for her when we were in Bulgari. Just a simple set of earrings..." 


Amber was behind us smiling at me even though the paper bags in her hands are already piling. The moment we entered the Victoria Secret boutique, she plopped down in the couch sweating. I sat beside her and wiped her sweat with my handkerchief.


Yuri unnie excused herself and went on looking for the pajama set while Amber and I rest on the couch. Her face was buried on my back while I pat her thigh trying to take away her tiredness. We've been walking too long and she doesn't like shopping but for me she obliged.


"Babe... We'll go home after this. You're already tired..." I whispered to her while patting. She straightened herself and hugged me side ways resting her chin on my shoulders. There are few customers on the shop and some of them are looking at us but we don't care. We're in L.A. no one cares what we do.


"Shopping is something I loathe... That's why I like online shopping, I'll just sit down in the comforts of my house and click on everything I want to buy. It will be delivered to me without breaking a sweat on my part." She pouted at me cutely making me giggle "But for you Soojungie, I'll do it." I tilted her chin and gave her a soft kiss, in front of anyone who's in the store shopping.


We broke the kiss and she teased me "Careful... We don't want Dispatch capturing our kissing moments again." I wriggled my eyebrows at her playfully making her laugh softly.


"We're in L.A. and Dispatch isn't gonna waste their time following three not-that-famous individuals shopping in Rodeo Drive. Besides, no one cares in L.A. if we make out here, unless you're a frequent headline in TMZ before." She laughed again on what I said and captured my lips once again in a soft lingering kiss.

 

Our moment was ruined when someone called Amber's name in a not so appealing way to me. It sounded high pitch I want to strangle whoever it is and slap her repeatedly for ruining our moment.


"Amber!"


Our heads turned and it was a model looking Asian girl wearing knee high boots, short body hugging spaghetti strapped dress that hugs her thin figure and her big s. Her lips was matte red and her hair is cotton candy light pink. She was looking at Amber like she owns my monkey.


Model looking. Thin.


Don't tell me this is her ex-girlfriend whose a Victoria Secret model?! What does she model? She doesn't even wear a bra judging on the way her s poke in her dress.


I looked at Amber and she was just frowning at me and turned to the girl. Displeasure evident on my girlfriend's face but she still stayed civil and nodded at the girl.


" Amber! How are you? I never thought I'll see you here? I miss you~!" The hell.


She tried to steal a kiss on Amber's cheeks but her lips met my palm making the stick lady frown. She's lucky it's my palm not my fist!


"Akiko.. long time no see. How unlucky we are to see you here haha..." Amber said wiping the lipstick stain in my palm. I glared at the stick lady and she glared at me too then flipped her long hair. Ha! I can do that prettier than you think!


The stick lady was pouting at my girlfriend making my blood boil because she's trying to touch Amber's arm. My girlfriend dodge her and went to my back making me her shield.


"By the way, who's this girl? She's pretty huh..." I smirked at the stick lady flipping my hair "But she's a bit...meaty." What the is meaty??!


"This is Krystal Jung, my wife." Oh. A triumphant smile appeared on my face when Amber draped her arms around me. Huh! Take that! I was promoted immediately from girlfriend to wife status. Hihihi...


The stick lady stared at me from head to toe and shake her head disapproving at what Amber said. "I never thought you like pretty girls like her Amber. Your taste already changed after 3 years.."


"Hahaha... Let's just say I was possessed back then.." the stick lady had a pissed off look at her face. Then she smirked at me not giving up.


She looked at what I'm wearing and snickered. I was wearing a denim short shorts showing my long y legs and a button down baby blue shirt tuck in. The sleeves are rolled up to my elbow and the 3 buttons from the top is undone showing a bit of my collarbone. My long brown hair draping in my shoulders and I'm wearing the latest sneaker collection that Keds sent to me since I'm their endorser for so many years.


"You know girl, Amber used to go crazy when she sees me wearing these kind of lingeries in displayed in the store now. I always buy a new pair because it's always ripped. Tell me, is Amber still like that?" My blood boiled by I kept my cool. Amber you monkey! Wait for my wrath later....!


"Err... Hey Akiko... I thought you're wiped out in the face of the planet?" Good save Yuri unnie. Looks like she's done shopping.

 


I smirked at the stick lady and scoffed at her "Oh, actually I don't have to wear those kind of things just to make her crazy about me. And if she does rip my underwears, it's always replaced by Calvin Klein for FREE. You see, I don't have to buy replacements." Her eyebrow raised like a thermometer looking annoyed and mad. I walked up to her and whispered audibly in her face with a smirk..


"And by the way, I don't even have to wear these kind of frilly things displayed here just to make her crazy...."


My mouth went near her ears and I chuckled to annoy her more "Just seeing me under the shower makes her go mental..." dropped shocked at what I said.


I pulled Amber out of the store, my chin up with Yuri unnie following us shaking her head with a big smile on her face.


Take that you thin lady!