Axel - 53

Edges and Toe Picks

A/N: Hey chingus! We got double updates for today! 

Thank you to all our subscribers who are still holding on to this story. It has been a journey! 

Peace yow! ✌

---------

 

"Hey babe... Ready?" Amber asked me while we're seating in the waiting room waiting for my turn in the Free Skating event. I was the last to perform and I can feel my hands turning cold due to nervousness.


Come on Jung Soojung....


Just one last skate and this event is over...


I closed my eyes taking a deep breath, drowning myself with happy thoughts trying to calm my nerves. I did a marvelous job with my Short Program earlier, completing the mandatory requirements in that 2 minutes of skating.


I can do this...


She took my hands feeling it "You're cold! Are you okay Soojung?!" I opened my eyes and was met with Amber's beautiful eyes filled with worry.


"I'm nervous Am..." she blew hot breath in my hands and placed it on her cheeks looking straight at me. Her touch giving me the will to do my best.


"You'll gonna do great Soojung. This is the last part, give all your best. Remember, this is not just for me, our family, our friends. This is for your Mom..." She gave me her beautiful smile that I came to love ever since we met and brushed her nose on mine. It's all we can do at this moment, with the crowd of trainers and skaters all around us we can't make a scene like in the movies.


The coordinator of the event approached us smiling. I think she saw us in our moment and gave a kind smile "Ms. Jung, you're up in 5 minutes. Please proceed outside if you're ready. Don't worry, your lucky charm won't go anywhere." I smiled at her and muttered a 'Thanks'. I hugged Amber tight burrying my face on her neck.


"Unnie..." I called Jess and she came to my side once Amber and I broke our hug. I stood up and my sister embraced me, my hair.


"This is it Soojungie... Let's go. By the way.." she spoke in Korean "The cameraman was taking a shot of you and Amber a while ago while the two of you we're doing that nose brushing. Like now, the camera is still rolling and I think it is being transmitted outside on the big screen..." She grinned at me making me hissed. What the?!


"Jeongmal?!" Oh . It means we made a scene again. 😏


"Yup, so let's go and show your face to the world Krystal Jung. The crowd is waiting for you..." She gave me a loving smile cupping my face with her hand. "We'll be watching you Soojungie... Do your best."


We held our pinky finger to each other and made a pinky promise. "To Mom." We smiled and sealed the promise, my heart feeling giddy, my mind determined to take home what's meant for me from the start.


The three of us walked out of the waiting room with photographers and cameramans taking a shot of one of the most memorable moment in figure skating history. Krystal Jung emerging from her devastating injury and came back to finish what she started a year ago.


As I walk to the hallway leading to the rink, I remember the journey I had to take just to be here again and show my talent to all these people whom I know are very excited to see what I prepared for them.


This is my last shot for that ticket back home to Pyeongchang. This is not just for my country's pride, this is also for that night when I thought I lost it all.


Once I entered the venue, a loud applause welcomed me and a standing ovation bringing tears to my eyes. I halted from my walk and turned to Amber who was smiling at me also teary eyed.


"I want you beside me Am..." She held my hand and walked beside me as we reached the entrance of the rink smiling and waving to the crowd.


I can hear my name being chanted all over the sporting dome and it gave me the additional confidence and will to do my best.


She brushed away the tears on my eyes that threatens to spill, my cheeks lovingly. "You'll do great Soojung, go and make them drop their jaws on your performance."


I took off the blade cover of my skates and entered the rink waving again to the crowd.


I made a last look at Unnie and she gave me a thumbs up and a flying kiss. I love you Unnie! All your struggles and difficulties making me what I am today will finally be paid off after finishing this 4 minute performance. If I won't win this competition, it's okay. What's important is I finish this program with my head raised up.


Before I skate to the middle, I called on Amber who's standing near the rink.


"Amber Liu!"


"Yes Jung Soojung!"


"I love you! This is for you!" I sent a wink and a flying kiss at her direction which she playfully caught and locked on her heart. All of it was captured on the huge screen to the delight of the crowd. I waved at Yuna Kim sunbaenim and she nodded at me raising her fist giving me a 'Fighting!' sign.


This is it Jung Soojung.

 

 

 


As the first beat of the song 'Beautiful Stranger' filled the airwaves, I smiled to myself and placed my right palm over my chest near my heart.

 


"And also for you Mom."

 

 

"🎶It's Just Another Story saranghage dwaehsseo Aha han ibangin
🎶Yeah And It's All About Me eotteohke nareurihaeshikyeoya halji....."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Commentators POV

 

"Dave this is what I miss about Krystal Jung! Her fearless jumps and graceful glides making the hearts of our spectators jump on its place! Wow!"


"Another perfect Triple Flip-Double Toe from the beautiful Krystal Jung! What a performance she has been giving us tonight John. Her layback spin perfectly executed!"


"Dave my man... I'm liking this song! Krystal Jung bringing in fresh sounds changing the trend in Figure Skating by using catchy songs with her beautiful choreography."


"Wow!!! A perfect Double Axel with an Inside Spread Eagle on dot! Man! I don't understand the lyrics but I can feel the energy with every spin she does!"


"I suddenly wanted to learn Hangul! What's the name of the singers of this song?"


"Yuna Kim said earlier that it was from a Billboard Chart topper Kpop girl group named f(x). I asked my daughter about it and she went ballistic!"


"I think I need to buy all their albums."


"Ditto man."


"Krystal making a Double Toe-Triple Salchow and she made it! Perfection and precision at its finest! This is why she is called the next Yuna Kim!"


"She got that sass doing that hairflip while gliding on ice! Damn...."


"I fancy her so much... Whoa! Another perfect Triple Lutz-Double Salchow!"


"Sorry man, you saw it earlier on the screen. She's taken."


"I know man. *Sigh* why does all the pretty girls are if not taken, are attracted to their same ??"


"We will never know hahaha! And it's not just anyone. It's the great Amber J. Liu tsk tsk tsk.... She got the Magic Arm we don't have."


"It's actually the Magic Swing John.."


"Oh my God! For her finale jump.... Looks like she's gonna do the Triple Axel again!!! Is she finally gonna make it this time!?"


"Krystal Jung....... For the Triple Axel....... And she..............

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Nailed it!!!!!!!"

 

 


"She nailed it!!!! She finally made the jump!! Woah!!! And not just once, she repeated it again!! The crowd gone wild and ecstatic when Krystal perfectly landed on ice!!! This is going to be written in the books as the first time a Triple Axel is made twice on a skating competition one after the other. She made history as the only Ladies singles skater who does it perfectly."

 


"Krystal Jung finishing her performance with a perfect I-Spin and a cute wink."

 


"Damn... I hope that wink was for me Dave.."


"Sorry John... Someone already claimed her just this moment hahaha!!!"


"There you go guys, Krystal Jung finishing her Free Skate program making history. Finally finishing her Triple Axel jump after a year. Truly a beautiful redemption from Krystal."


"The scores are now up... Judges having a hard time what to give. Her score from the Short Program was 81.75 and she was in first place. Let's see if she will make another record ... The screen showed.... 160.50!!!!"


"We have our new Gold medalist! Total combined points of 242.25 breaking another world record and a ticket to Pyeongchang Winter Olympics next year!."


"The crowd are chanting her name, some are shedding tears with her for this beautiful performance Krystal Jung gave. Even fellow skaters are giving her an applause and standing ovation for the marvelous performance she had. Finally finishing her tribute to the late Cecilia Jung, one of the greatest Korean skater of all time. Her daughter finally clenching a sure ticket to the Olympics."


"This has been a great event Dave, I'm honored to watch this historic moment in Figure Skating history."


"Me too John. It has been an honor watching Krystal Jung again. Even though it hurts me to see that she kissed Amber Liu on national TV. It just means I don't have a chance. Oh well... Love wins.. To all our viewers thank you very much and have a good night!"

 

 

 

"Soojung! You made it!!" Amber lifted me up with big smile on our faces and spun me around. The crowd watches us, some with tears on their eyes as we celebrate after the scores are released on the big screen.


"I'm so proud of you Soojungie!!! Unnie is very proud of you!!"


I wrapped my arms on Amber's neck and pulled her head near mine and gave her a kiss. I don't care if it's being flashed on the screen, I just want to kiss her and let her know how happy and thankful I am for all she has done for me. We broke the kiss still with big smile on our faces, brushing her nose on mine.


"I think we just got caught kissing on a televised event that is shown live worldwide." I grinned at her and smiled. Well no chance to turn back time, at least we won't pay another huge amount just to cover it up.


"That's okay babe, now they know I only belong to the great Amber J. Liu, and you belong to me." she laughed softly and brought me down.

 

 

 

The awarding ceremony started and I saw Dad beside Unnie and Amber looking proudly at me. As I stand here on top of this podium with a gold medal around my neck and a sense of fulfilment, it gives me immense joy to see the national flag of South Korea being raised here in Helsinki accompanied by our national anthem. This is for the people back there at home rooting for me.


Yuna sunbaenim was the one who placed the medal on me a while ago and she hugged me tight, teary eyed because she knows what I went through just to come back here. She also had a devastating injury before but she bounced back and even won the Olympics twice.


I'm going home and I got the most important ticket I need.


A shot at the Olympics in front of my fellow countrymen. Just participating on it feels like winning already. But first.....


I got a wedding to prepare after this. 😉

 

 

--------

 

 

We're now seating beside each other aboard our flight going back to Seoul. Amber was sleeping with her head resting on my shoulders tired from the activities that transpired after the event. My mind wandered back to the press conference that was made in the morning before the competition.


Flashback


The organizing committee of the ISU issued a statement that the attacker, Lee Kwang Soo, has admitted to his crime and the mastermind behind it. The main suspects were the chaebol Lee Minho and Suzy Bae, together with another bodyguard of hers. The three was already escorted out of the hotel the night before and were brought to the police station for questioning. Evidences was already gathered scattered inside their hotel room carelessly. They all confessed to the crime, the chaebol breaking down and admitting the plop evil plan immediately because his family will disown him.


The three of us were watching the televised press conference inside our hotel room that morning and all I feel is sadness for Suzy Bae. Both of us dreamed the same dream. It's just that, for her, she took the wrong path to achieve it. All her years of training and competitions are worthless now because the organization decided at once to ban her in participating in all ISU sanctioned events for life including today.


I sighed as I watch and listen when the Head of Police said that the evidences recovered inside their room were few envelopes containing photos of me under surveillance since we arrived in Helsinki, a copy of my medical report from the hospital in Canada where I had my surgery, a video of me practicing, and a copy of my itineraries when I competed in different countries last year. The chaebol admitted to having me under surveillance from Canada eversince after my skating accident to ensure that I don't recover immediately, to Seoul. It was said that my former therapist was paid by Lee to slow down my healing process so that Suzy will have a chance to place better in competitions since they thought I wouldn't be joining.


My eyes darted to the brown envelope at the top of our coffee table containing some more photos that the police also found. The Head of Police handed it to us late last night saying that it belongs to us and should not be shown to the press.


It was copies of the photos Dispatch revealed last year when me and Amber was caught in Jeju. It was them all along who gave it to Dispatch anonymously trying to wreck my image to the public's eye. It's just that I'm more smarter than them and we have Victoria as our brilliant publicist that they didn't succeed with their plan tarnishing my reputation.


There was also photos of us again on the beach when we went on vacation, the two of us hugging and smiling on the sand after our tryst in the water that day. The shots were far so it doesn't really show our faces that's why maybe they didn't gave it again to Dispatch.


We checked all the photos and it was all our everyday routines, where we go all day, when we eat. But no photos of our house. Thank God or else I'm really going to pull Suzy's hair off her head.


They will be deported immediately to Korea to face the charges and pay for their crime. I'm just glad they didn't involve Dad in their plans. Dad told me that he didn't suspected anything because he only sees the group in practices and team meetings.

 

End of flashback

 

"Hey babe..." It was Amber's husky voice that brought me back to reality. I turned my head to her and was met by her face just inches away from mine. She smiled at me and draped her arm over my shoulders and pulled my head gently placing it on her chest.

 

"Hey Johnny... I told you to sleep..." my fingers played making circles over her knee. She answered me with a hum, then kissed the crown of my head smelling it after.


"I told you to take a nap too Soojung... We still have..." I showed her my watch to check the time "approximately 5 hours before arriving to Incheon." She muttered on my hair snuzzling it. I giggled at her actions, tracing lines on top of her pants.


"Ammmm.... I can't sleep~..." I snuggled beside her and buried my face on her shirt sniffing her scent.


She chuckled at me my hair "Jess is already snoring at her bed/seat. Do you want to eat? Or maybe watch a movie? We got fancy TV here hahaha..."


"Tell me, why are we in First Class? Did you splurge again?! I told you not to splurge!"


"Soojungie! Our seats were upgraded, compliments from the airline. They found out from the time we were checking-in at the airport that you will be boarding that's why they upgraded it." I looked up to her raising my eye brow "Besides, I'm saving up our Miles for a trip to L.A."


I nodded my head thinking of Jackie's new born baby. I know she promised to fly home to Seoul after the baby is born but I just can't wait! I wanna see the baby! We were Facetiming Jackie last night and she showed the baby yawning, he's so cute! That cute button nose hehehe...


"Babe, I hope you don't mind but I bought some of those fluffy towels from the hotel. It was really soft and fluffy and heavy, it absorbs water faster.... " She keeps on telling me about her precious towels and her love for it. We actually got separate cabinets for her collection of fluffy towels, some we use in our everyday life. Some are just too precious she won't use it. Amber and her towels.... Tsk tsk...


"Am where are you going to put the towels? Your cabinet is already full..." She thought for a while then suddenly lit up like she found a great idea. "We can put it on our walk-in dresser, I still have space there."


"Your Jordans occupied that space before we flew to Helsinki, remember?"


"Oh... In your cabinet?" She smiled at me clenching her teeth like a kid. I rolled my eyes on her and laughed softly pinching her nose. "Why don't we just buy another cabinet for your collections when we get home. Okay?" She nodded enthusiastically grinning.


"Now back to this fancy first class seats..." She wriggled her eyebrows at me playfully. I furrowed my eyebrows at her not getting what she wants to say. "This double seat bed is really comfy~ ehem..." She traced her index finger from my forehead to the tip of my nose then reached for a bite on it.

 


"Amber!" I hissed on her getting now what she wants. What the... We're in a flight! Jess is just in front of us snoring in her seat even if there's a low wall as divider. "We can't! Everyone will know what we are doing here, the stewardess will definitely see us." I said hissing at her in low voice. Of all places you monkey, it has to be in a plane that you'll feel .


Her finger continued on tracing its way to my neck tickling me. I shoved her shoulders playfully but she just laughed quietly and proceeded on sliding it on top of my thigh making circles.


"I've been waiting for two weeks..." She whispered at my ears making me squirm beside her. ... This is bad. I pulled the blanket over my thighs covering whatever she's doing.


"Am...! I suddenly yelp her name and covered my mouth immediately in embarassment. The this monkey! Her hands busy tracing inside my thighs. I admit, I'm kinda feeling hot now due to all that teasing. But I just can't do it here!


I saw the stewardess approaching us and yanked Amber's hand outside the blanket hurriedly. She was smiling at us ready to take our requests.


"Ms. Jung, do you need anything mam?" I smiled at her thinking of what to say.


Amber was just smirking beside me flipping the channels on the TV. You'll pay for this later monkey!
"Ummm... I just want to ask if someone's using the bathroom right now. My partner needs to use it, I think she ate so much cookies." I smiled at her sweetly knowing that she won't buy what I said but she did. Oh how nice..


"It's unoccupied now mam. Would you like me to get a medicine for Ms. Liu?" Amber looked at me wondering why but I just glared at her. "No, that's okay. I'll just accompany her in the bathroom. Thank you.." she excused herself and went back to where she came from.


"You!" I smacked Amber's head hissing and looking around "She almost caught us! Amber!" She just grinned at me and buried her face on the crook of my neck.


"Mianhe~..." She mumbled then lift her head to face me. I know this look... Her eyes are burning with desire. Like how she looked back then when she was in heat at Yuri's birthday.


Fine...


"How many hours did you say are left before we arrive?" She suddenly lit up and sat straight like a good kid she is.


"Five." She held her fingers showing number '5' while grinning at me. I shook my head smiling and pinched her cheeks. I leaned on to her whispering "Meet me at the bathroom."


I smiled ily at her and stood up from our seats and strutted my way to the bathroom.


This is gonna be one hell of a flight.