Axel - 48

Edges and Toe Picks

A/N: Hey chingus! So... I know all of you have heard the breaking news yesterday. I feel sorry for the shippers of that "relationship" because now they already felt what the KryBer shippers felt when April 1st came. Well SM confirmed it, it's their right to end it too. 😂 What's funny about it, is it's like a contract.

Start date: April 1st 

End of contract: June 1st

Enough of that! Here's our update for today! 

Thank you to all our subscribers! 

Peace yow!✌

-----------

tumblr_oix7cj6x7W1vgx2w6o1_500.gif

 

"So... I heard about the story of the engagement." Yuri unnie wriggled her eyebrows at me. We were in her kitchen sipping the coffee she made. It was a gift from her 'future in-laws' as she says, while beaming proudly. Kyungie and I are admiring each other's engagement rings giggling like school girls. Hers was also from Bvlgari. Seems like the cousins struck a deal with the fashion house.


"More of you watched the video Shannon took!" I threw a crumb of cookie at her with Kyungie laughing at her side.


It was the first weekend of the New Year, school and hockey practice will be starting again by Monday. That's why we were all trying to enjoy the days left before they go back to work. While me with my skating practice and some additional ballet classes and sessions with Luna unnie for my work out and choreography.


She excitedly told us the moment they arrived home before the New Year that she and Kyungie got engaged over the Christmas week too. We knew about it. That was why she went to spend the Holidays with Kyungie's family because she's going to ask for their permission. The Shin family accepted her whole heartedly and even helped plan the proposal. Of course where else?


The subway.


How did we knew about it?


The social media of course.


The video of her proposal inside the subway train was uploaded by a passenger who was a fan of hers, before the end of the day. Garnering million of likes, positive and negative comments from the netizens. Although it wasn't a grand proposal, they were at the back of the train whispering to each other trying not to get the attention of the passengers. But some still heard them especially when Kyungie cried nodding at her and the passengers saw a ring being slip to her fingers. That's the only time they realize the Queen of CFs Yuri Kwon has proposed to her girlfriend of months Shin Se Kyung, a Pre-school teacher.


"We were curious!" Kyungie exclaimed to me laughing while covering .


"You better tell your daughter not to upload it on the internet. It will be another scandal of ex-Hockey player Amber J. Liu and Krystal Jung the future of figure skating in Korea. Man... It will be a hit!" I tried to kick her legs but she dodged it with a wooden spoon.


"I will! Now that you reminded me. God... That was so embarassing. Unnie's friends was also there, Vic unnie! Ugh!" I exclaimed covering my face. Kyungie went to my side patting my back while controlling her laugh. "That's okay Soojung. At least it's after your session..."


"Yeah not like what happened to us..." Yuri unnie mumbled. My head shot up hearing it.


Yuri's face is now contorted in pain clutching her knee. Ohhh... Something happened..


"I heard that! Loud and clear!"


"Well we wasn't really expecting them to-- hmmp! Hmmp!" Kyungie was already holding Yuri unnie's head in a choke hold covering .


"That's nothing Soojung. Don't listen to this mouse..." I can't help but laugh on the sight of Yuri being held against her will tapping on her fiancée's arm. Kyungie is a petite woman and Yuri unnie is obviously a little bit bigger than her but she is holding Yuri like an expert martial artist.


Kyungie smiled sweetly at Yuri and release the latter from her hold. Yuri was gasping for air holding Kyungie's hand shaking her head. "You swore to never tell it to anyone!"


*Huff* *huff* "But Soojung.... is not just... anyone!"


"I know! But still, you swore!"


"I did swore... Remember what I said, 'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good!' I even raised my hand honey." Yuri said flipping her hair. Awww.... They look so cute. And happy with each other.


"Aiiisssh! Yuri Kwon!!!"


"Yes Mrs. Kwon?" Kyungie suddenly blushed hearing Yuri unnie blurt out the words. I chuckled at them and continued to drink my coffee while watching Yuri soon-to-be wife.


They started bickering making me laugh out loud everytime Yuri unnie has something to say. Yuri unnie was like a Pre-schooler annoying her teacher that is Kyungie. After a while, the two settled and just grinned at each other. Happiness and love evident on their eyes. Yuri unnie deserves this.


And Jess deserves to be happy too. That's why I told her to take a vacation first and think about how she feels for Sooyoung unnie. She went home with Grandma in Jeju and let Dani go with her too. They will be back by tomorrow afternoon and I hope by tomorrow, my sister will have a decision.


Our talk went on, discussing my program and the trip to Helsinki. This time it will be Amber and Jess with me because unnie said she wouldn't like to miss the chance to see me redeem myself on the qualifiers.


"I'm sorry I couldn't come Soojung-ah, someone has to stay with the team. The Finals is coming and the team drills and practices will consume my time by next week."


"No biggie... Unnie will accompany me and Amber on the trip. You just stay here and win that cup, and please try to look out for Dani." I'm just really worried about her.


Eversince she and Jackson got together, they became inseparable. Okay fine, they're in love. But still, make time for other things or activities and not just lounge in the couch all day staring at each other.


Sometimes I wonder, Amber and I are we also like that before?


"Unnie, I have a question." She looked at me ready to listen. I played with my cup swirling the remaining liquid inside. "Amber and I, what was the first thing that entered your mind when you saw the two of us together?" Yuri unnie chuckled, giving me a smile.


"The photo scandal of the two of you kissing on the beach or when I welcomed the two of you on the airport being chased by the media?"


I smiled at the memory. It was the first time I opened myself to someone and feel like a real person.


"Yes, and also when we're together." She propped her elbow on the table placing her chin on top of her palm looking at Kyungie then at me.


"When I saw the photo on the news, mind you it was late night news.."


"Yeah I also saw it..." Kyungie added.


"I thought to myself, 'Of all people that Amber will meet on Jeju, why does it have to be you?'" my eyebrow raised at what she said.


Kyungie looked incredulously at her "Wait-- what?!"


"Before you think of anything negative, hear me out first Soojung..." she held Kyungie's hand and smiled "You already know about my history with your sister now but back that time when I saw the news, I laughed out loud."


"Why? Am I bad news?"


"Nooo... You were good news." I can't understand her, really.


"You were good news because you were able to expose Amber again to the outside world. Three years of staying in Jeju and no one ever recognizes her or taken her photo. The international media thought she's in some isolated island full of regrets because of retiring early. Then you came one day and changed everything, you broke the wall she built around herself in just a matter of hours." "She laughed softly and proceeded "Of all people, it has to be Jessica Jung's sister that she will cross paths with. I felt awkward at first since I haven't met you. I was afraid Amber will experience what I did before with your sister." She glances at Kyungie beside her and the latter smiled softly understanding what she meant. She urged Yuri to go on.


"I only knew you from Jessica's brief stories back when we're together. Playful, annoying, sweet, lovable, kind. But she didn't told me you are loyal, selfless..." I released a small smile tugging on my lips "and matured at your age. You handled the situation pretty well while being stuck on the airport, you didn't break down and regret didn't even cross your mind. When I saw you on the airport holding Amber's hand and comforting her I said to myself, 'Ah... She's different. She's not afraid... She doesn't give a . She's going to stick with my of a cousin for a long time."


I laughed softly hearing Yuri unnie's words, it's a compliment for me.


"Then I got to know you more and saw the two of you interact with each other. I've never seen Amber that caring and loving to someone, her smiles are more brighter and true. When the two of you are together, there's like a warning on your foreheads saying 'exclusively dating' that's why no one ever tried to break the two of you apart. Sorry to say this Soojung, but I'm glad you're different from your sister." I got what she said and nodded. Yuri loved my sister but the pain she felt when they were almost together is something that pushed her to be what she is today.


It lead her to meet this kind and understanding girl beside her ready to accept all her excess baggage and helped her discard it, starting fresh. When Yuri reminisce or think about what she and Jess had, she always has a wistful smile on her face. She said she doesn't have any regrets, she will always love my sister and that love is tucked away on a little space in the farthest corner of her heart.


The big space now belongs to Kyungie and their love is built with acceptance, understanding, and trust. Kyungie showed her that happiness is a choice if you are willing to take a risk.


That's why she didn't think twice and offered her name to my new found friend beside her, wiping because of the cookie crumbs scattered at the sides. I remembered what Kyungie told me before when we were having coffee in the garden, she said Yuri was an adorable mess. She is, looking at her right now eating her cookie.


"Both of you have their differences but you managed to accept it all and still be perfect for each other. Heck! You made her believe in kids and family! The monkey can't stop talking about your future little family at random times when we're in the office!" That information got me smiling and curious. Kyungie was laughing quietly at Yuri unnie's burst.


"Wae? What did she do?" Kyungie passed the plate of cookies to me and munch on a piece, the crumbles landing on my lap. I can picture Amber on her desk drawing stick figures on a sheet of paper mumbling to herself.


Yuri unnie sipped her now cold coffee and made a funny but serious face. "One day, she came to the office with a big smile on her face. She sat on her chair just thumping her fingers. The monkey looked so excited, like she wants to have a show and tell in the office. Luckily it was just the two of us. Then she suddenly laughed, like laughing to herself and just smiling while staring at air. I thought she's possessed and I was ready to run outside the door before she goes loony." Kyungie slapped her arms "You're rude!"


"You're saying like my fiancee is crazy!"


"Well she does look like crazy that day!"


"Honey!"


"So yeah, she suddenly stood in front my table smiling like she found a horcrux." Kyungie and I rolled our eyes on what she said and shook our heads. "Amber yanked open the first few buttons of her linen shirt and showed a bandaged part here.." she pointed at the area where Amber's family tattoo is. "I thought she was shot or something! So I asked her, 'What happened to you? Are you like stabbed or shot or something? Are you okay?' she just grinned at me proudly and peeled the bandage. I was cringing because I thought there's a wound. But there wasn't but the area was red. She said she just had it inked the day before." Yuri scratched her eyebrows laughing.


"What? What is it?"


She chuckled at Kyungie and snickered "My idiot cousin introduced her family.." she pointed at me making me laugh and bite my lips "Their family to me!" I covered my mouth muffling my laughter imagining Amber doing it. She must have looked like a crazy monkey that day.


"Oh my God! Don't tell me she got a tattoo!" I nodded at Kyungie and uncovered my mouth grinning proudly. "She did unnie, she has a tattoo of a stick family on the area near her heart."


"My cousin was telling a story of who the little girls are, saying Seulgi is the eldest followed by Yerim, Joohyun, Seung-hwan and Soo young the twins. Five! That was five kids! And with a twin! Holy crap!" We laughed at her giggling "I mean, me and Kyungie only talked about having 2 this year.." What?! Kyungie was blushing and nodded at me grinning while she picked DooE on the floor patting the dog's head. "But Amber, she wants 5! Is she planning on having her own hockey team?!"


"Oh my... Unnie it was a mutual decision. I also wanted to have many kids. And you know her motto.."


"Yeah, 'The more, the merrier' hahaha... But seeing her like that in front of me, telling me how she will teach the kids to play football. How they will play hockey and who will learn how to skate like Soojung Eomma, where they will study, who will take care of them when you're practicing. Even how she will have the house renovated! Her eyes was full of wonder and ideas! Amber was excited, so excited for the life she will build with you. For the first time, I heard her talk about the future. Her future with you. It was teeth clenching and cringy while she talk but I was enormously happy for her."


I think about the times she will just randomly ask me on bed while preparing to sleep if we should get a playpen to be placed on the backyard. Or should we enroll the kids on an International School to hone their English skills or just in an exclusive private school. I will just looked at her frowning and laughing at the same time. She was already drawing a plan, a game plan.


One day while walking on the street after our practice, she declared we should get a dog next year. That will be this year, so I said okay. And so we're getting one tomorrow.


"Unnie, am I selfish to let Amber wait more? I mean, she's excited and she wants it now more than ever. I also want it like her, we share the same plans. But if I get a spot on the Olympics, she will have to wait till next year. What if she gets tired waiting?"


Yuri raised her eyebrow at me teasingly "Amber's not like Jessica."


"Yuri Kwon, you ." Kyungie smacked her head making me giggle.


"Honey mianhe.." she made a peace sign to her fiancée and scratched her eyebrows. "No offense Soojung-ah.."


"Non taken unnie. I knew about it."


"So what I was saying, Amber will wait for you. No matter how long. She did tell you that if ever you don't get a spot after Helsinki, you'll do the process right?" I nodded at her. "But if you do enter the Pyeongchang 2018, then you'll do the process after." I nodded again. "So you see, she's the one who suggested it! She may want it now but she knows you have to reach that dream first before going on the next dream. She loves you and she'll do everything to make you win that event and keep your promise to your mother."


I smiled at the thought sipping my coffee. Yuri's right, and getting that dog should be enough at this time. At least it's like taking care of a baby too, the only difference is it has a tail, it barks, and you can't feed it hahaha...😂

 

---------

 

Morning came and I excitedly woke Amber early even if it's a Sunday. She knew what day it is and she grinned below me with sleepy eyes while I sit on her legs holding a marker on my hands.


"Waley wakey Johnny..." I said softly while doodling on her stomach.


"Someone's excited..." She yawned while fighting the urge to go close her eyes. I was drawing some rays around her belly button imagining it's a sun. "And artsy this early..."


"I am..." I finished the drawing and smiled at her "making a sun and a dog running around. Wanna see it?" She raised her eyebrow at me. I giggled at her face biting my lips.


She took a peak on my masterpiece and her melodious laugh filled our room. Seeing her happy, sleepy face made my heart jump with gladness. I pouted at her for laughing at my masterpiece. She sat up in our bed and pulled me to her lap holding my waist.


"That is cute... But you're way more cuter than your drawing." I grinned like a kid at her and gave her a wink. She jokingly clutched her chest faking a frown like she has been shot by an arrow "Ah! That wink was a killer! Shot straight at my heart! Ouch!" I flicked her forehead laughing softly at her face. "That was lame Amber J. Liu!"


"Jeongmal? You like it.." I brushed the hair on her forehead and raked my fingers on her hair flattening the ones sticking out. "You should get a haircut or maybe we should shave a bit the sides. What do you think?"


"Maybe shave the sides..."


"Let's go! To the bathroom my Llama Monkey!" I wrapped my legs around her waist and she stood up from our bed carrying me like a kid laughing.


She placed me on our marble counter inside the bathroom and readied her hair shaver. She settled in between my legs standing as I shave the side of her head carefully, controlling her laugh because she said it's ticklish.


"Don't wiggle, okay? Or your ears will be shredded to pieces." After finishing both, I cleaned her eyebrows using a thread making her scream in pain with every eyebrow I pick hehehe...


I marvel at my work and patted her cheeks smiling "There you go, looking handsome and pretty Amber Liu!"


"Wow.... Nice job babe. You save me a few thousand Won." I grinned at her raising my palm asking for a payment. "That will be 500,000 Won all in all."


"What!?"


"Yes. 250,000 for the shaving and 250,000 for the eyebrow. Full payment please." I said raising my eyebrow at her playfully. She chuckled, shaking her head incredibly at me "Such a business woman tsk tsk tsk... Fine, here's my payment!" She suddenly grabbed me on the counter and lifted me, and entered our shower.

 


Yep, payment accepted.