Axel - 51

Edges and Toe Picks

A/N: Hey chingus! We got double updates for today and I'm dropping off one now. 

Thank you to all our subscribers and readers! 

Peace yow! ✌

----------

 

winter_in_helsinki_by_pajunen-d6wu0y9.jpg

 


Helsinki, Finland


After almost 8 hours of flight time and we arrived in Helsinki from Seoul ready to practice and seize the crown. We're a week early like the other competitors so that we can start the training and familiarization of the venue.


We checked-in on the hotel were all participants are booked and got a big hotel suite with 2 rooms inside. After resting for an hour, we head to the welcome dinner arranged by the organization to meet the other competitors. It's like a reunion of sorts, old faces are still here greeting me excitedly knowing what I went through just to overcome my injury.


I saw Dad on a table with his ward Suzy Bae and her team of trainers. Dad waved at me with a smile acknowledging our presence. He stood up and excused his self from the group and went to our table to say hello. He looks thin nowadays since the last time we saw each other in Japan. He said he was in a strict diet due to his age and also due to his stress with training his ward.


Amber officially asked Dad for my hand in marriage and Dad accepted it wholeheartedly. I showed him my engagement ring and he was ecstatic knowing that one of his daughters are finally settling down. He asked Unnie about her life, if when she will also settle down.


"You can tell it to me Sooyeon... I'm not gonna do something I  will regret again. Tell me, are you also in a relationship now?" Unnie tucked a strand of her hair in her ears hesitation evident on her eyes. I nudged her knee under the table to talk.


"I... I'm still busy with work and taking care of my sister Dad. But... Do you remember my best friend Sooyoung?" Dad lit up and nodded at unnie.


"Of course! She's that tall pretty girl who owns that teddy bear Soojung destroyed, right?" Dad turned to me grinning when he said it. Amber was laughing silently beside me mocking me. Dad..! "What is she up to now?"


"She's already a doctor now Dad...and w-we just got together last w-week..." Unnie said waiting for Dad's outburst on the last line she said. She was biting her lips hoping Dad won't go ballistic.


He has three daughters, two of them are gay. His acceptance with my relationship with Amber came when he saw how much she loves me and her willingness to help me achieve my dream.


Dad was nodding when he heard it and stared at unnie softly "Are you happy Sooyeon?"


"Yes Dad, I am." I held unnie's hands under the table giving her my support. Dad slowly released a smile while rubbing unnie's back tenderly. "Then if Sooyoung is making you happy, who am I to intervene? You're not a minor anymore... You're old enough to decide who you want to be with."


"I want to apologize with what I did before..." He took a deep breath and sighed "With you and Yuri... I was just thinking about your welfare that time. I didn't know it will have a big impact with the two of you."


Reading Dad's expression, I know what he said is sincere. Regrets come at the end of every mistakes. Whatever transpired cannot be change, you just have to move on and live your life.


We chatted some more and even told him about Dani's studies and her boyfriend. He said that when he gets back in Seoul, he's ready to face our sister to ask for her forgiveness. If Dani won't recognize him as her Father, there's nothing he can do about it. Amber assured him that Dani will eventually accept him if he will just give our sister time to adjust.


After dinner, we parted ways and took an early rest because Unnie and I will use the hotel gym for my work out and off ice practice tomorrow. Dad whispered that Suzy will also be there so I better watch out not to show much of my program.


The days went on, I had my off-ice practice and work out with unnie on the gym then on-ice practice at the rink where the event will be held. We always choose the last schedule slot so I won't have to hurry if another skater is waiting for me to finish.


It was two days before the competition. Amber and I are at the rink and it's already night time. We got the last slot again and we didn't waste time and started my practice. As usual, the monkey is slaving me again like the past few days.


"Come on Soojung! Your camel spin again!"


"Double Loop-Triple Toe!"


"Double Toe-Double Salchow!"


"That's okay...Again!"


"Spread your legs like an eagle! That why it's called Eagle spread!" I scowled at Amber giving her the finger while I passed through but she only sniggered at me.


"How about a kiss before you jump?"


"Kiss my monkey!"


"Fine. Double flip- Double loop! Perfect!"


"Finally!"


"Show me your Upright spin... Perfect!"


I skated my way to her side, tired of all the jumping I did. She held both my hands and started to skate pulling me slowly, just circling on the rink. "How do you feel?" I let her pull me while I pout at her like a kid asking for a treat.


"Tired... I can't wait for the competition to come." We stopped at the corner and went out of the rink ushering me to the row of seats where you change into your skates. She lead me to sat there and she kneeled, started to take the lace of my skates off.


"Don't worry babe, tomorrow will be just a light practice. Let's come early then just spend like 3 hours, okay? So you can rest and relax." I smiled at Amber liking what she said.


After taking off my skates Amber gave me my sneakers for me to wear while she took off her skates. The whole venue was so quiet considering that we're the only one left inside. No janitors or security guards lurking around... And that's weird. Usually, a guard always accompanies us while using the rink. Maybe when he saw that we're finish, he already took off.


I tried to brush it off but my instincts are blaring red light all over my brain. It's too quiet and creepy... Maybe there's a ghost!!?


Stupid Soojung.


"Babe... Don't you think it's weird?" I asked Amber while she fix my skates putting the cover of my blade. I closed our bag and fixes her hair then placed her snap back on her head back wards.


"What's weird? You're the only one weird..." She chuckled at me making me flick her forehead "Kidding babe..." She grinned at me. "What do you mean weird? Is it because it's silent? I saw the guard went out when he saw us going out the rink." She stood up and pulled me to her arms, giving a peck on the tip of my nose. Errr... Just the nose T.T


"Don't pout at me like that Jung Soojung! I know what you want, but no we can't." She's really firm with this Abstinence thingy tsk tsk...


"Even a peck on the lips is not allowed?!"


"Yeah... I know you Soojung, anything is possible for you. Your peck sometimes escalates to something unstoppable."


"Killjoy..."


"We can hug like this you know... Just wait a little more babe. After the competition... You can do all you want." I raised my eyebrow at her smirking. Really huh...


"I can do everything I want to you... Everything?" She saw the mischief in my eyes and i saw Amber gulped. Try to take back your words monkey and I'll karate chop your neck.


"Umm... Y-yeah.. sure." You're a dead monkey after the competition hahaha!!


We went out of the hall hand in hand while laughing on something Amber is trying to say in Finnish. Our hotel shuttle was waiting outside to bring us back to the hotel.


Finland is so beautiful and majestic! I think I can live here forever... The people are nice and accommodating, the cold weather is nice and Unnie is perfect on this place. Hehehe... I'm going to ask her to play with me later on the snow, just like what we always do in Canada.


"Ice Queen's power all around hahaha!" Amber blurted out laughing. "Let's have a snow fight later once we get in the hotel. There's a nearby park out there, Niilo said."


"Niilo,.." I called our Finnish driver and he bowed at us with a big smile on his face. He's a 26 year old native Finnish but studied in the US. He works as an interpreter and personal driver in the hotel and is designated to our small group. "We're going to play in the park later, is it safe there?"


"Yes Ms. Krystal, you don't have to worry about your safety here in Helsinki. People here are very nice! I will accompany your group later when you play. Come, come! Let's get the two of you inside the car, Mr. Ambur is already freezing in his parka!" I giggled on his thickly accented English that Amber was trying to copy earlier.


Amber patted his shoulders while he opened the door of the SUV "Niilo, how many times do I have to tell you that I'm a girl. But just call me Amber, okay? A-m-b-e-r... Amber! Say it come on!"


"Ambur!"


"Aissshhh! Jjinja! I give up... Fine just call me Ambur.." she scratched her neck and assisted me in getting inside the SUV then sat beside me.


"I know that you are a girl but you are just so good looking I can't help but call you sir hahaha!" Awww.... Amber turned to me looking shy. I pinched her rosy cheeks due to the cold, smiling.


"Ambur and Ms. Krystal, the two of you are perfect for each other... I hope the two of you make a lot of good looking babies." I chuckled at what Niilo said while Amber choke on her own saliva. I rubbed the back of her neck smiling widely.


"We intend to do it Niilo, soon." She held my hand locking our fingers and kissed the back of my hand grinning.

 

 

 

No one's POV

 

A shadow lurks behind one of the pillars at the lobby of the hall, watching the couple walk hand in hand while talking in Korean with mix of English. He heard it right, the couple said they will be here early in the morning. The earlier, the better. So he could already execute the task being paid him to do.


He was looking for a chance earlier but the skater was always accompanied by her boyfriend. Or was it girlfriend? He doesn't know. He gripped his baton swaying it on his palm.


Tomorrow, that will be the last day the skater will glide on that ice with a smile on her pretty face.

He dialled the number of his client; after a couple of rings the call connected. 

"Yoboseo?"


"Hello boss, they will have an early training tomorrow. Don't worry, just prepare the money and my car." 

"Of course... Don't forget to call tomorrow after your job is done." 

"Bye." 


He watched as the couple sweetly exchange smiles, then called their driver. His client must be really jealous of the skater... She's good in what she's doing no doubt... I watched her before and she's great, the guy thought to himself.


Tomorrow morning.... This is over. Payment will be given after executing the plan.


"Mianhe Ms. Jung... This is nothing personal for me. Maybe it's something personal to my client." He walks out of the hall while looking at the retreating back of the car carrying the couple.

 

 

Amber's POV


I woke up the following day at 4:00 am in the morning with Soojung hugging me from behind. We instantly fell asleep last night once our back landed on the mattress, tired from all the playing we did in the snow with the Ice Queen. The sisters went back to being kids throwing snow balls at each other.


"Soojungie... Wake up.. practice babe.." I whispered in her ear, brushing away the strands of hair in her beautiful face. Her nose scrunched in a cute way then pouted her lips while eyes still close. Cute!


"I love you Soojungie~.... Come on babe let's get dress. Practice for 3 hours then a hearty breakfast later back here." She sat down on the bed still disoriented and just staring at space, then placed her head on my shoulders whining.


"Ammmmm~~ I'm still sleepy..~"


Poor baby... Tsk tsk... She's really working hard to perfect her performance tomorrow. She deserves a break later and I'll give that to her.


"Don't I get an 'I Love you too' back from my baby?"
She looked up from my shoulders with a cute look mouthing...

 


"I hate you."

 


What!? Hahaha...!

 


"But I love you too..." She grinned at me and kissed my cheeks. I'll never get tired waking up in the morning beside this girl. Soojung stood up from the bed and went to the bathroom to shower leaving me with a dreamy smile on my face.

 


When we got out of the room, Jessica was already waiting for us on the couch sipping coffee. She gave Soojung and I a cup each then we discussed our agenda for today. Our room phone rang and it was the concierge informing that Niilo is already waiting for us.


It was quite a happy and noisy ride to the skating rink with the Jung sisters at the back playing some music from Soojung's phone. They were singing a song by f(x), Soojung's all time favorite girl band. It was 'Papi' and the two of them was so rowdy jumping up and down from their seats.


"🎶Papi! Let's go! Cause I kinda like it!"


"🎶Papi! You know! I kinda like it!"


"🎶Lalala lala lalala lala... I forgot what's next!" Soojung exclaimed making us all laughed. We all just boped our heads up and down laughing to the music. Niilo was also liking the song even if it's in Korean.


"🎶Uh uh uhuhu everytime I look at you!"


"🎶Uh uh uhuhu it's like a Deja Vu!"


"I suddenly wanted to be Korean so I can understand these songs! I don't know what to say to express my feelings!" Niilo said to me bopping his head.


"Man, you say 'Daebak!' that's the word Koreans say."


"Dei-back?!"


"No no... De-bak!"


"De-bak!"


"Good!" I made a thumbs up sign to him and checked the Jung sisters at the back still killing each other... I mean singing at each other hehehe..


We arrived at the skating rink and Niilo came inside to us saying he wants to see the practice and also to watch over us. He settled on the bleachers near the hallway going to the lockers.


Jessica unnie handled Soojung's practice today checking my girlfriend's performance piece. Everything went perfect, Soojung is still the best skater I ever saw performing. All her jumps and spins are perfect, her choreography is superb care of Luna and she's confident she will win tomorrow.


"Soojung, show me your Triple Axel!" Jessica suddenly demanded to Soojung making me nervous.


Who wouldn't I be nervous!? I know she's still not ready to do it! She slowed down on skating looking incredulously at her unnie.


"Unnie... Are you freaking serious?! It's not included in the choreography.."


"I know you can do it Soojung... Come on do it! You can start with a Double Axel then after that, if you feel you can do it, try the Triple Axel. Don't worry, Amber and I are here."


Soojung looked at me with doubt in her eyes. I nodded and skated my way to her side then held her hand. "You can do it Soojung... Focus.."


"Am... What if.."


"No you won't. Just think happy thoughts.... Babe happy thoughts..." I cupped her face and brushed our noses together. "You can do it Soojung... I have faith in you." The doubt on her eyes changed, her eyes now burning with determination.


Heavens above, please give Soojung the strength and confidence she needs, and please do take care of her. I will lay my life for Soojung for her to achieve her dreams.


I let go of her and she started to skate and glide around preparing herself to do the jump. She took a deep breath and skated gaining momentum for her jump.


Come on Soojung...


I know you can do this...


My body was in a running stance, ready to skate immediately to Soojung's side whatever happens. This jump Jessica wants her to do is dangerous... But I know she's doing this for the sake of her sister. 

 

Soojung glided beautifully and her jump making me nervous. My hand forming into a ball of fist.


She started the glide and in 4 seconds, I saw Soojung jumping in the air and spinning three times like an expert then landed perfectly on ice spreading her arms like a swan.


She did it.


She did it!!!!!


Oh my God!!!


"I did it!!! Amber!!! Jess!!! I did it!!!" She skated her way to me and wrapped her arms on my body, happiness written all over her face. I can feel her body trembling but the smile on her face so bright that I want to kiss her now.


"Perfect Soojung... That was perfect!"


Jess patted her sister's head, happy on the latter's achievement. "Good and perfect as ever Soojung. You're ready for tomorrow... I can smell victory and redemption."


"Okay!! Practice is over! Let's get breakfast back in the hotel!" She happily declared making us laugh. Soojung went out of the rink first followed by her unnie going to the lockers because my glasses fell when I skated. I told them to go first then I'll follow because I still have to cover the blades of her skates. The hall was already quiet since it's still 7:00 am.


As I made my way to the lockers, my heart suddenly jumped out from its place when I heard Jess's dolphin shriek laced with worry. I ran to the direction holding my breath.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Soojung-ah!!! Amber!! Niilo!!! Help!!!"

 


What the !!!?