Axel - 46

Edges and Toe Picks

A/N: Hey chingus! Double updates for tonight! 

Thank you to all our subscribers who are still reading this story! 😄

Peace yow! ✌

------------

 

 

After Soo unnie's check up on Amber, my monkey fell asleep again clutching my pillow. Making sure that she's comfortable, I took a shower and went down to the kitchen for lunch since I forgot to eat breakfast earlier. I found out Jackson brought my favorite Steak and some vegetables that's why I tried to eat a little just enough to give me energy.


Before going up again to our room, I instructed the teens to help Vic unnie later in preparing the dinner since I have to look after Amber while she's sick. Noticing that Unnie suddenly disappeared, I asked Tia about her and she said Unnie and Sooyoung unnie went up to her room and she heard that Soo will take a nap first before going home. One of my eyebrows raised hearing the information.


It's a hidden secret between me and Sooyoung unnie about her feelings for Unnie. I found out about it when the incident of 'torturing' Mr. Smith happened. Ever since that day, she made me promise that Jess shouldn't find out about her feelings. I was young but I keep my promises with honour.


And judging by the way Unnie stared stupidly at Soo earlier, something is happening again in my sister's mind that should be straightened or else... it's gonna be a Yuri part 2 all over again. Why is unnie such a weak person when it comes to this kind of situations?


Don't get me wrong, she is a good sister and provider. With her words of wisdoms and advices but when it comes to her own lovelife, she fails dramatically. I just wish Dani won't follow her steps when it comes to this department. Tsk tsk tsk...Thank you Lord for giving me that sick monkey lying on our bed or else I don't know where I will be right now. 

 

Upon entering our room, I saw Amber sitting on our bed while leaning her back on the headboard watching TV. Her hair ruffled and messy with cheeks still flush from her fever. I went to the bedside table to get a fresh fever pad and also to put down the glass of warm salted water for her to gargle, when she held her arms on me indicating that I join her on the bed.


I smiled cutely and gave the glass of water "Gargle first. Here.." I gave her the basin I used earlier.


"Should I just do it on our bathroom?"


"Can you stand up? You still feel weak..." I told her brushing her hair to the side. I peeled the pad on her forehead and placed the new one on it. She stretches her legs carefully shaking her head "My legs feel light..."


Left with no choice, she gargled on our bed and spew the liquid on the basin while I hold it. I playfully poke her in her stomach when she suddenly swallowed the salty water coughing.


"Yah! Jung Soojung!"


"Ahehehehe.... Sorry babe..." I grinned on her clenching my teeth.


"That is ing salty...yuck.."


"No swearing monkey.."


We stayed on the bed with her seating between my legs and leaning her back on me as I hug her from behind. I took her temperature again and it went down to 38°C, still a fever but at least it went down. It has to lower down more to a normal body temperature so I still need to make her take the medicine again.


"What would you like to watch Nurse Soojung?" I giggled from what she said and propped my chin on her left shoulders then she gave me a peck on my cheeks.


"The Nightmare Before Christmas... I wanna see Jack Skellington take over Christmas." I held my hands in front of her making spirit fingers.


"That's not a Christmas movie, it's a Halloween movie." She snorted at me but did searched for the movie on Netflix.


"Then why are you playing it~" I tickled her sides making her squirm on my arms.


"Because I love you and you're weird, and I wanna get weird with you on Christmas Eve." She turned her face on me and kissed my head snuzzling her nose on it "God.... You smell so good... Why do you smell like cinnamon?"


I tried to smell my hair pouting "Do I? Maybe because I taught Shannon earlier what to do with the Apple pie she's making... The powder lingered on my hair when I brushed it with my fingers." I spoke softly after, while she continues snuzzling my hair.


"I wish I wasn't sick, we could have gone to the park and played in the snow." Snuzzle snuzzle... The movie forgotten. Her nose sniffing the scent out of my neck making me ticklish... I thought she's sick?!


"Hey.... Remember you're sick..." I whispered at her affected of all the wonders does on my neck. I can feel her smile and took a quick bite on it before burying her face. "Babe..~"


"Hmmm....~"


"Can I have a teeny weenie slice of an apple~? Just a thin slice... Or maybe just a very small portion of that delicious apple pie Shannon is making. Pwease...~" she looked up to me and saw me pouting looking like a puppy asking for a pat on my head.


"Of course....NO." Apples.... T.T


"Pwease~....." I traced my index finger on Amber's nose down to smirking ily at her but she just bit my finger grinning at me.


"You can't eat that, okay? I don't want you all red,itchy all over, and not breathing." I sighed while pouting again. I love apples, but apples doesn't love me. I have allergies when I eat even a little bit of it or even drink Apple juice. I get itchy and red all over plus my air passage thickens that I have to take a shot of medicine for it.


"Even a teeny eenie bit babe?.." please....? All for the love of apples..


"Yes, even a teeny eenie bit Soojung. Remember when you ate a small piece before and I still haven't known that you are allergic to it? I almost got a heart attack when I saw you gasping for air! So, no. Don't push it, just eat a kilo of mangoes or blueberries or grapes. I'm gonna die if that happens to you again believe me." I tighten my hold on her and nodded like a dejected kid. Maybe I'll just took a sniff of the pie later.. T.T


Vic unnie soon came at around 6:00 pm with Grandma and Joey with her. Grandma was so happy to see the kids and can't wait to celebrate Christmas with us. Dani was so surprised when she saw Grandma and introduce Jackson to her. Vic brought a box of lemon for Amber saying that the monkey needs Vitamin C and so do I because I might get sick too if I don't strengthen my immune system in this kind of cold weather.


She asked Tia to squeeze it and made into a juice with honey. "When Amber gets sick when she was a kid, Jackie always make her drink lemon water with honey to boost her immune system. Let her drink this, and you too."


"Vic unnie... Are you sure you don't need my help here in the kitchen?" I asked her as she readies the ingredients for the dishes she'll prepare.


"Don't worry Soojung-ah, I got my troopers here.." Do-yeon and Shannon was grinning on us while preparing the utensils they will use. "Your daughters are always ready when it comes to cooking, I'm planning of opening a restaurant someday and I already know who to get as partners." She winked at me making me proud for the two.


"Soojung unnie, just rest with Amber unnie and let us do the work here. It will be our first Christmas outside the orphanage with a real family..." I patted Do-yeon's head carefully knowing this is an important day for her and Shannon. Seeing their happy faces now and how good they have been especially on their studies, I said to myself, I don't regret taking them in and adopting them.


"If you didn't saw us that day, maybe Do-yeon and I are still scrambling everyday looking for odd jobs just to earn money. You and Amber unnie were always the one who serves us and give us everything we need. So just for today, let us serve you and her to return our gratitude unnie." I draped my arms on their shoulders pulling them near me.


"Just be good girls and study hard, education is the most important thing we can give the two of you and a family that cares." I pinched Shannon's cheeks lightly and patted it "Who knows, you'll be a famous chef someday if you study and work hard. Vic unnie is a willing investor so show her what you got." She grinned widely at me and made a thumbs up.


"How about me Soojung unnie?" Tia was sulking beside Do-yeon squeezing lemons. I pinched her nose smiling "And you, study hard and become an Architect. You'll be the one to design Vic unnie's restaurant in the future. Plus, look after your best friend and knock some sense on her if needed. I know she listens to you..." She nodded her head grinning.


Vic unnie was just smiling at us, amused on what she sees. I know, I look like a young mother of 3 teenagers but I don't care hahaha! I love this girls because I see myself on them like how Amber does too. They have the determination to reach their dreams by studying hard and get what they want without hurting people along the way. In between that, they still live as normal teenagers minus the dating.


Do-yeon loves modeling than meeting boys or girls in a dating kind of way. If it's friendship you want, it's okay. But if not, scram because she has Victoria as her manager to ward them off.


Shannon likes her food and singing more than she likes boys. Because of her mixed features some boys make their presence known to her but she just brush them off. She said it's much better to smell a newly baked bread than a men's cologne mixed with sweat. Agree.


Tia, well Tia is Tia. Because of growing up with cousins both male, with one owning a bar, she kinda know how it works for guys. She's more interested in sketching and designing, taking photos of great architectures and sites than dating, she said.


For her, having a boyfriend while studying means being chained. No offense to my sister but Tia's parents are just 19 and 18 when they got married because her mom got pregnant with her. That's why I was very afraid for Dani when it happened.


Knowing the story of how her mom and dad had a hard time juggling school and work plus taking care of her and eventually putting up a business in US, she said to herself she's only going to get a boyfriend once she's a successful Architect.


Unnie came down from the stairs looking like she just woke up. I raised my eyebrow on her, the second time I did today and she raised hers on me.


"What did I missed?"


"Grandma's here... She's with Dani at Yuri's house getting settled." I went up to her and fixed her crumpled shirt.


"I fell asleep... I'm sorry Soojungie. I told Soo to sleep first before driving home... I dozed off too." She combed her hair with her fingers and flipped it at the side. "She just left a note thanking me.. Did you see her go off?"


I pulled her discreetly away from the kitchen and went to the pool area so that the kids and Vic unnie won't hear what I'm going to ask her.


"Unnie, did you and Soo..." I wriggled my eyebrows at her and she just stared at me wondering what I'm saying.


"What?!"


"You and her.... Just sleep or you know..." her eyes went wide understanding what I mean by that wriggling of eyebrows. She slapped my arms hissing at me.


"Yah! Jung Soojung! Sooyoung is my best friend! We didn't do anything! You and your dirty mind..." She sniggered at me. I kicked her leg hissing at her too.


"Well you can't stop me for thinking that way, since you went down from your room with your shirt crumpled and tucked out!"


"ert! You know how I sleep... And she slept on the couch! When I woke up she's gone with a note that she's going back tomorrow like you told her." I nodded but still looking intently at her.


When I saw how she stared at Soo unnie earlier it made me curious, so I took the liberty of secretly glancing at her. Then she bit her lips and that made me decide to confront Unnie because when I saw her did that and gulp, I know something's up. I know her, I know her body actions. I'm not her sister for nothing.


"You're not secretly checking her out earlier... Are you?" I glared at her and she did too.


"I did not."


"Jeongmal?"


"Of course! Hey I'm older than you!"


"You bit your lips and you stared stupidly at Soo. I know what you are thinking that moment unnie. You're checking her out, from top to bottom." she looks scandalous while I smirked at her.


"W-WHAT? How can y-you..."


"We're sisters, I know you same as you know me. Just a piece of advice Unnie, whatever you're feeling right now, think twice before taking actions. You just got out of a very tedious relationship, Soo is your best friend. Don't make her a rebound..." She sighed and smiled sadly at me.


"Don't worry Soojung-ah... Unnie is not making another mistake. I'm not gonna do something that will hurt Soo. She's my best friend... I-I love her." For the third time today my eyebrow raised again like in a flag ceremony.


Yeah right.


"Okayyyy.... Just checking. Take a break in falling in love Unnie. But if you really want to explore the possibilities of you and Soo unnie being together, take time and ask yourself if you are willing to take the risk. If you are willing to take the risk, then grab it but think first." She wrapped her arms on my waist pouting. Sheesh Unnie... For once in your life listen to me.


"I should get mad at you for telling those things to me... But I'm not. Because I know you're just concern about my well being. I'm sticking to what I said before Soojung, I'm focusing on Dani and work." She hugged me tight and swayed our bodies left and right like when we were kids. "Thank you for knocking some sense on Unnie, I'll be fine. Don't think too much! Go... Take care of that monkey, I'll help Vic in the kitchen." I broke our hug and took a last glance at her and made a mighty flicked on her forehead before breaking into a run going inside. Nyahahahaha!!!!!!

 


"Jung Soojung you monkey!!! That hurts!!!"