Lutz - 25

Edges and Toe Picks

A/N: Hey chingus.. just dropping a short update. 

 

Peace yow! ✌

--------

 

 

By Monday morning, we decided to catch the first flight going to Jeju to visit Grandma Kim. We will be staying for a week before going back to Seoul and resume my training. Yuri unnie and Doyeon will follow us the day after because they will have to be on a photoshoot together for their new CF.

 

Yuri unnie and Jess are still not speaking to each other, with Yuri unnie avoiding Jess when she comes to her house to visit the teens and check on Dani.


Dani and Tia was so excited to go home and see their friends and also Grandma. Grandma was so happy to see the two and we introduced to her Shannon as part of our family.


I also introduced Jessica unnie to her and Grandma is already fond of unnie. On our first night, Grandma prepared a welcome dinner for us with all of Dani and Tia's favorite.


We were having coffee in the living area overlooking the courtyard were Amber, Dani, Tia, Shannon, Kangin, and Joey are playing football. Grandma was smiling watching them, seeing their smiles and hearing Dani's laugh. Grandma misses her so much even though they talk in video chat every day.


I nudged Jessi taking her out of her own world then looked at her telling her that we should start the conversation now with Grandma regarding Dani. She cleared to catch Grandma's attention.


"Grandma, Soojung and I would like to talk to you regarding Dani..." Jessi started, getting the attention of Grandma.


She smiled at us and motioned to go on. I played with my cup swirling it, watching the dark liquid inside as I waited for unnie to speak.


We are a great pair of nerves. Afraid of what Grandma will say because, let's face the fact, we are the daughters of the guy who ruined Ailee's life and the guy who tried to get Dani aborted. If Ailee didn't hide from Dad and decided not to ride the last ferry going to Jeju, that girl running in the courtyard will not be here with us.


"I think I have a hint of what you will discuss with me Sooyeon, Soojung. I know this time will come, and even if I tell myself I'm ready, a small part of me still says I'm not." She said to us smiling. There was warmth in her eyes, telling us that she's partly ready to hear what we will say.


Unnie placed her hand over Grandmas' and took a deep breath before she begin. "Grandma, we.. we had Dani's DNA tested without your consent. We're deeply sorry for not asking your permission.."


"It's okay Sooyeon... If that is needed I won't get in the way. All I want is for her to know who her true father is and to have a family. And I think she found it." She smiled at us squeezing unnie's hand.


"It's more of I found her Grandma.." I smiled at her remembering the day Dani and I met, when she barged in Amber's room that morning.


"And I'm thankful that Amber brought you home that night because if not, you and Dani will not meet and be closed to each other. When I saw you that day beside Dani, I already sensed something. The similarities of your faces, the way the two of you talk, how you play with your hair Soojung when you are bored or listening is the same way Dani does. The only difference are the moles, but still, it seems like Dani is your younger version."


"I already had an inkling back then Grandma but I didn't raise it because I still have to talk to Jess about finding her." I turned to Jessi and she nodded.


"Grandma, our Father's past is something not to be proud of. He was having secret relationships with women while married to our mother. Our Mom found out about his not so good hobby when she read Ailee's letter to Dad. Ailee met Dad in a bar where she was working part time as a waitress while studying. We don't know what transpired but Dad got her pregnant and doesn't want the baby. That's why Ailee went to Jeju, to hide from our Father who wants the baby aborted."


"It broke my heart when I heard the story. I can't believe that our Father has the nerve to do such horrible thing. Unnie and I promised to each other that if there will come a time and we meet a younger brother or sister of us that Dad didn't get aborted, we will welcome her or him to our life and treat them right. We will give them what they deserve, and I always wanted to have a dongsaeng who I can take care."


We explained to her the details of the test and our intent to break the news to Dani on this trip. Unnie told her that Dad already met Dani but he's still denying his involvement with Ailee. Even refused to take the DNA test we are demanding from him.


"So, when do you want to tell Dani about it?" Grandma asked while looking at us. She looks calm and relieved that she finally found a relative of Dani.

 

 

We were surprised when Dani suddenly spoke from the dark corner glaring coldly at us with tears in her eyes. She was looking at me and unnie like we did something bad.


"Yeah unnies, when are you going to tell me that I am an illegitimate child of your father?!"


"Dani! Have you been there in the corner all this time?!" Unnie said standing from her seat to approach Dani.


"Stop unnie! Tell me, is it true?? My father... Your Father wanted me aborted so that he won't have any problems? That he tricked my mother that's why she fell for him and got pregnant with me?" She was clenching her fist and her lips trembling. Tears started to form in her eyes but she brushed it with the back of her hand. I stood up and pulled her elbows to me, leveling my face with hers.


"Dani, listen to me. I... I don't know how to explain this but... You.. you are our younger sister. We don't care if we don't have the same mother. You are still our sister in blood or not. Our Father is not a perfect person, you can be the judge of that when you met him in our apartment weeks before. When we found out what he did to your mother--"


"He made my mother believe that he loves her then when she got pregnant, he wants the baby, me to be precise, not be born in this world! I feel very unwanted hearing it now, like I'm not supposed to be here!"


"Dani don't ever think that you are unwanted! You are very precious to us. If you are unwanted, your mother will not take a risk and leave everything behind to save you. Because she wants to see you, she wants to take care of you. Ailee loves you very much remember that." I told her while fighting the tears in my eyes to fall down. I can see how painful it is for Dani to learn about the story that way.


"Dani, listen to me!" Jess held her too but she was struggling in our arms. She accidentally pushed me hard making me tumble on the floor with my knee lightly hitting on it. I winced on the impact but it's not that painful...


Okay who am I kidding?! It hurts! But what hurts more is to see our younger sister with uncertainty and regret in her eyes.


Amber and the other guys came rushing inside when they heard Dani's loud voice. My girlfriend immediately came to my side to help me. Dani was looking back at me shock at what she did and to unnie.


"U-unnie I'm s-sorry... I'm so sorry unnie!!" I see regret in her eyes and I know she didn't mean what she did. She ran to her room crying, guilty of what she has done.


Amber helped me to get up and she let me sit on the couch. Shannon and Tia came with a bucket of ice and towels, they started to put ice on my knee to stop the pain.


Unnie came to my side and checked if there are any possible swellings, luckily nothing serious. She stood up and went to Dani's door knocking, calling her to open the door and talk. That she's not mad and she want Dani to understand that we are happy to have found her.


Grandma approached unnie and told her that she's going to talk to Dani. We all watch as Dani came to her door and opened it when she heard Grandma calling to her. They closed the door, making me and unnie sigh.


"Did we made a mistake of not talking to her much earlier than this?" I asked Jessi still standing beside the door.


As the oldest of us three, I know unnie feels responsible for what happened. If only we checked our surroundings...


"No Soojung, sooner or later she will know it. She's just feeling a little shock on what she heard. Even I, if I'm in her situation I'll go mad and feel that way. Dad was an ."


"Dad is still an .." I corrected her and we shared a look of worry for Dani.


Amber placed her hands on my shoulders, feeling the tension it has. "Babe... Don't worry about Dani. She was... surprised on what she heard. Trust Grandma, she will talk to her and put some sense in her brain."


"Yeah unnie, I know Dani. Just let her think things through all by herself. Deep inside her, I know there was this hope that maybe she is related to you but she chose not to tell you because she felt embarass in bringing it up." Tia said below me and I patted her head.


After an hour of fidgeting in our seat and unnie walking back and forth outside Dani's room, Grandma went out and closed her door. She was smiling at us as she finds her way to the living area. Amber let her sit on her rocking chair facing us.


"I already talked to your sister Sooyeon, Soojung. Put some sense on her brain and assured her that you are okay Soojung. She wants to be alone... But she wants me to tell you two that she will talk to you tomorrow after she has sorted out her feelings."


Unnie took a deep breath and sigh loudly, brushing her hair back. If it's what Dani wants, Dani gets.

 

 

 

Morning came and I was awaken by loud knocks on our door. Amber was spooning me on the bed still half . I tapped her face gently trying to wake her up, her sleepy eyes having a hard time opening.


"Babe~ it's still early... Can we just sleep more please?" She pouted at me saying those words groggily. She had a hard time sleeping last night because the AC suddenly stopped in the middle of the night. She forgot to take it out of Sleep Mode that's why. She can't find the remote that I suggested to just open her sliding door on the balcony of her room to let fresh air enter.


It was a bit humid last night that's why she's half , only wearing her boxers while sleeping. Yes, just boxers. Nothing up there. If I'm not bothered all night with what happened to us Jungsis, it will be a long night for me and Amber.


Because I'm also half sleeping, just wearing my favorite pair of top and bottom undies. She understood the situation last night that's why she didn't get handsy and all. We just talked and she assured me Dani will be feeling better by the morning and she will talk to us.


"Someone's knocking on the door Amber... can you open it please babe..I'm still sleepy." The knocking continued and my ears perked up hearing unnie's voice. "Am, wake up... It's unnie outside knocking. It seems urgent.."


She sleepily sat up slowly in the bed making the blanket fall on her lap revealing her top. "Yah! Wear your hoodie first before answering the door. She might die of heart attack if she sees you like that!" I playfully pinch her s making her squirm and cover herself.


"YAH! Soojung! Don't do that!"


Amber stood up from our bed and went to her cabinet to get a hoodie and wore it. Unnie was knocking on the door frantically like she's going to take it down. I also sat on the bed with my feet on the floor tying my hair when Amber opened the door.


Her loud, annoyed voice welcomed sleepy Amber raising her from her stand by mode. "Why did it took you so long to open this door monkey?! Where's Soojung?" Her eyes landed on my body and what I'm wearing making her eyebrow raise to the roof. "Yah! Put on some clothes you brat! Whatever the two of you are doing this morning, halt it. We got a problem!" 

 

My ears suddenly perked up when she said problem. What the hell happened sgain.?


"Jess unnie we just woke up, we're not doing anything. And the AC broke down last night that's why we're sleeping like this." Amber defended us while looking apologetically at Jess.


"Unnie what do you mean problem?" I asked her while wearing Amber's shirt that I got in the floor and my pajama shorts.

 

 


"It's Dani... She's not in her room this morning."