Chapter 8

Happiness with Pain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Darryl's POV

 

Today is the day for the MAMA Awards. I was actually nervous about Sica noona. I know she doesn't want to go. I'm wearing a grey tux complimenting Sica noona's grey dress. She was stunning as usual. We got to my car and we drove to the venue. We flew to Hong Kong yesterday and I booked a hotel for myself and another for Sica noona. When we arrived, we were immediately bombarded with questions. We just smiled at the reporters and just proceeded inside.

 

We sat in the VIP area where my dad reserves. We were talking to each other when the twice members approached us. They greeted Sica noona and I can see a nervous looking penguin beside Momo noona. I stood up and greeted them before I walked to Mina and dragged her in front of Sica noona.

 

Darryl: Sica noona, this Mina, Mina. This cold looking lady is my Sica noona.

 

Mina: H-Hi sunbaenim *bows 90 degree*

 

Jessica: *Chuckles* Aish! Look at what you did! She looks scared! Ah, Hi Mina-ssi. Please call me unnie. Sunbaenim is a bit uhm... Let's hang out after the event okay? Now go back to your seats first girls.

 

The girls nodded and went to their seat not forgetting to say goodbye to Sica noona. As for Mina and I? We maintained calm, I really can't hug or kiss her in front of a lot of people. Besides, we are not yet legal to the public.

 

The event soon started and we enjoyed watching. I made sure to clear path for Sica noona and the SNSD members. I know she's moved on and I know that they've moved on, but I don't think they're ready to meet each other face to face.

 

The event finished with twice winning the Best New Girl Group and Shinee winning the Best Dance Performance. Sica noona and I went to the waiting area of Twice to wait for the girls. I excused myself to Sica noona as I need to go to the restroom.

 

I think luck is not by my side right now because I ran to the SNSD members. I was shocked and just stood there looking at them and do they. We are practically staring at each other. I can see that Sunny noona really wants to run to me and hug me but she just stayed there. Then, my eyes landed on a certain person. Someone I despised since that unfortunate event. I just looked at her (glaring) and to all of them, one by one. Then I bowed to them, showing my respect and proceeded to go to back.

 

I was going past them when Sunny noona grabbed my arm. She gripped it tight as though she doesn't want me to go. I know she missed me a lot and I sure do miss her so much too. But I still can't.

 

Darryl: It's nice seeing you guys here. Also, congratulations on winning those awards. You deserved it.

 

Hyoyeon: I heard Jessica is here. Is she with you?

 

Darryl: She is and she's probably waiting for me now.

 

Just then, my phone ringed. I took it and looked at the caller, Sica noona. I quickly answered the call and looked at the people in front of me.

 

Jessica: Where are you? Why are you taking so long?

 

Darryl: At the hallway, I ran into them.

 

Jessica: Oh… Tell them I said congratulations. They deserve it. Also, don't do something stupid. Come back quickly okay?

 

Darryl: Yes noona I will.

 

I put my phone back inside my pocket and stare at them. I really can't stand being in one space as they are for now so I made it quick.

 

Darryl: Sica noona told me to say Congratulations to you and she said that you deserve it. I need to go. Excuse me.

 

Just as I was about to walk, Tiffany started to talk.

 

Tiffany: Can we see her?

 

I stopped in my track and looked at her with anger. I can't believe this person. The guts!

 

Darryl: You want to see her? Then what? Slap at her face that you guys are happy without her? I'm sorry but no.

 

Sunny: Minho please *shaky voice and teary eyes * I miss her so much.

 

Darryl: I know you do noona. I know you do. And I know she does too. But I don't think she's ready.

 

I turned around to go back but then, the most shocking thing happened. Sica noona together with Shinee, Jackson hyung, Amber hyung and Twice members are walking towards us. I can see that the girls and the Shinee members are trying to stop her. They kept walking until they're in front of us.

 

Jessica: There you are! You’re taking so long so I decided to fetch you.

 

The SNSD members are so shocked that they had their eyes wide open and mouth agape while Sunny noona and Yoona noona was already sobbing. I would be if I was one of them.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter