Chapter 14

Happiness with Pain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

 

Darryl and the Foreign Line got back to Seoul the next day. The girls’ managers pick them up at the airport and they all went back to the company while Darryl asks Junkil to drop him off at his apartment. When he got there, he bid the girls goodbye but not without kissing Mina on the forehead and telling them that he'll visit later.

 

When he entered his house, he immediately went to his room and drifted to sleep. It was already afternoon when he woke up. Tons of texts and calls from the Ladies and the girls was what he saw when he opened his phone. They were asking him if he was okay. He decided to call them later after he changed his clothes. He called Amber and told him he needs company to go to his uncle's hospital since he can't drive and he's too lazy to ride a taxi.

 

Amber came to him in no time asking him what happened and he calmly told what happened. Amber was worried but she knows that Darryl is a strong young man. They went to Darryl's uncle to check his arm and just as what he expected. His uncle smack the hell out of him telling him to be careful next time. He did some tests and he even x-ray Darryl's arm to make sure what he was going to do. In the end, he suggested that Darryl use cast for a month until it was fully recovered.

 

Darryl: Uncle, can't it be fixed immediately? You know how I hate having this thing.

 

Uncle Jun: You're a smart kid! Of course there's no way it can be fix immediately! Besides, it was your fault why you have that thing. Stop being a super hero! You're going to get yourself killed in no time kid. Now screw up. I have a lot of things to do. Make sure to drink your maintenance and come back every week for follow up check-up’s okay?

 

Darryl: *Sigh* Okay uncle. See you next week. Thank you.

 

Uncle Jun: Your welcome kid. Anyway, call me anytime when you need me okay?

 

Darryl: Yea uncle. Bye.

 

After their appointment with Darryl's uncle, they went to the Jokbal place near the hospital and both something for the girls. Darryl called Mina to ask where they were. Mina told him that they were at their dorm since they don't have anything to do for the rest of the day. He told her that they were on their way.

 

After the talk with Mina, Amber started asking how Darryl’s relationship with Mina was. Darryl told him about what Mina and he talked about when they were in Jeju. Amber was a bit taken a back since she also didn't expect Mina to ask about Darryl's ex.

 

Amber: What was her reaction when you told her it was Krystal?

 

Darryl: Shocked obviously. But I made sure to tell her that she's the one I love. I told her that she shouldn't worry and just trust me.

 

Amber: I'm not assuming things, but I think she's probably threatened.

 

Darryl: Probably... But she doesn't have to. I love her and her only.

 

Amber: I know. We're here.

 

They parked the car at the side making sure it was hidden. They both went to the girls’ dorm. When they were outside, Darryl pressed the bell and after some time. The door opened revealing a cute rabbit looking girl.

 

Nayeon: You're here. Come in.

 

Darryl: I'm with Amber hyung.

 

Then Nayeon looked back again only to be shock since she didn't notice Amber behind Darryl since he was so tall. She greeted Amber immediately saying sorry for her rude action. Amber just laughed and told her it was okay. They went to the kitchen when the others are where they greeted them warmly. Momo, being the Shikshin one, immediately went to Darryl and picked the paper bag that is in his hand and told him that they'll prepare it. He just laughed at her and went to sit beside Mina.

 

Mina: How was it?

 

Darryl: Uncle gave me some medicine for maintenance and pain reliever. He told me I can't take the cast off for a month until it's fully recovered and I need to go there every week for further check-ups.

 

Jihyo: Is it serious?

 

Darryl: Nope noona. It's not as serious as when I broke it when we were playing basketball.

 

Jeongyeon: I remember that! *Laughs* that was unforgettable dude!

 

Mina: What happened that time?

 

Amber: We were at his uncles’ court playing basketball since we don't have anything to do. Some guys asked us to play with them, since the twin tower which is Minho oppa and Darryl won't reject games they agreed. We didn't know that the guys play dirty. When Darryl jumped for rebound, the guy who was defending him bumps him hard causing him to fall. He landed in his right arm and it cracked hard. Minho oppa being the lovely brother almost causes a fight but this kid said it was not worth it. They guys left after that.

 

Sana: That's not even funny Jeongyeon unnie!

 

Jeongyeon: What happened was not funny. The face of the guys was! * Laughs*

 

Jihyo: Yea right * Laughs* I thought they're gonna pee in their pants *laughs*

 

Sana: Eh?

 

Nayeon: Jackson oppa was so mad he said Darryl was the son of a yakuza and told them that his father would hunt them down one by one and to add things more suspense. He said it with his famous serious face *Laughs*

 

They all laugh at what Nayeon said. They didn't expect Jackson would say that.

 

Amber: Perks of having a witty friend *Laughs*

 

Darryl: Anyway, are you guys joining the ISAC?

 

Momo: Yes we are! Mina’s in rhythmic gymnastics!

 

Darryl looked at Mina with questioning eyes but turned into a lovely looking one.

 

Darryl: I’m sure you’re going to do great.

 

Mina: Thank you!

 

They all had a great dinner and gr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter