Chapter 54

Happiness with Pain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Darryl’s POV

The next day after our gathering in Tainan, I spent time playing with Jared and my brother at my sister’s university. We played soccer the whole time and went shopping after the ladies class. I spend my whole time with them since Mina is packed with schedule today. We would occasionally text each other from time to time. It was already late at night when I decided to have a drive around the town.

I was listening to music on the car when I decided to reach for my phone to call Mina. As I was looking for it, I heard a loud honk and the next thing I saw was a bright light before everything went black.

Minguk’s POV

I was playing games on my phone when Yingjie called me. This kid! I answered the call and the first thing I heard was siren, then loud voices in the background. My palms started to sweat and I was getting nervous. Then a man spoke on the other line.

Man: Hello sir. Are you related to Wang Yingjie?

Minguk: I’m—I’m his brother. W—what happened to my brother?

Man: Mr Wang was caught in an accident. He’s being sent to the hospital sir.

Minguk: W—which hospital sir?

Man: Taipei Veteran sir.

Minguk: T—thanks. I’m on my way.

I hang the phone up and rushed to Anna’s room. I told her what happened and she was crying after hearing it. I pulled her and we both rushed to the hospital. It was nerve wrecking and heart breaking and I don’t know what I would do. Our parents just got back to Korea and I don’t want to tell Mina about any of this because I’m pretty sure she’ll be as devastated as we are or worst.

Yingjie was in the ER for so long so we had to wait for the doctors to come out. They offered us a room to rest but Anna won’t budge. She doesn’t want to leave the hallway and just waited for the doctors to come out. I went to buy us food so we both ate there. A man who I assumed I talked to a while ago approached me.

Man: Hello sir. I’m Detective Shin. May I have a word with you?

Minguk: Sure sir.

Detective Shin: I’m sorry sir but the driver of the truck who bumps into your brother was drunk while driving.

Minguk: Is he… Is he okay? The driver I mean?

Detective Shin: He’s in critical condition sir. I just want to give these things to you sir. These are the things of Mr Wang in his car. The car is not totally crushed but the front part is. I’m sor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter