Chapter 24

Happiness with Pain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FLASHBACK

 

3 Years ago

 

Darryl was with his best friend Dani who was also from America. They met when Darryl transferred from Jeju to Seoul. He was in third grade in primary school. They were classmates and remained classmates since then. They met Jake when they were in 5th grade of primary and the three of them because best of friends. They would go home with each other and spend time with each other.

 

Since they were all Americans and were fluent in English, they would talk to each other in that language when it was just the three of them. Since Darryl is a trainee in JYPENT, he would always ask the two to accompany him to practice. They would always support Darryl and also join him sometimes.

 

The trainers did not object about it not because Darryl is the nephew of JYP himself but because the kids are helping Darryl and also they can see his improvement especially when he's with his friends. They even asked Dani and Jake to train but they said they're happy to help and decline politely.

 

They graduated in Primary school and went to the same middle school together. But unfortunately, the three of them was not in the same class anymore. Dani and Jake was in the same class but Darryl was separate since he has been put to the A class. He asked the principal to transfer him to where Dani and Jake were but the principal won't let him telling him that he was needed in that class.

 

He couldn't do anything but to oblige. It was lonely without his friends and he was not happy spending time with some spoiled rich kids. He endured it for the whole year. Then his parents ask him to be an exchange student in Taiwan. He was happy of course but sad at the same time since he won't see his friends for the whole year.

 

They were okay with him being an exchange student. New experience they said. They send Darryl to the airport. The airport was filled with tears back then. Within the span of 3 month, Darryl heard the news that Dani already have a boyfriend. Jake was sad when he was telling the story to Darryl because Dani was spending too much time with her boyfriend. Darryl would always say that it was okay. At least their beautiful best friend is happy.

 

For the next 6 months, Darryl was losing contact with Dani. She wouldn't call him or text him often like before. Jake was the same. He would call and text Darryl every now and then. He would update Darryl what Dani has been doing. Jake said Dani was still the same but she was becoming cold to him each day.

 

Then one day, on the day of the exam. Dani kept calling Darryl, but Darryl wasn't able to pick up any of her call. He was busy studying that he put his phone on silent and focus on studying because it was their last term and he was also excited to go back to Korea. After the exam week, he opened his phone and found that there were lots of calls coming from Dani and Jake.

 

He called Jake but he couldn't contact him. He messaged Jake that he was going back to Korea next week and he would stay there for good. When he didn't get any reply, he thought that maybe his friends were busy since it was also exam week in Korea that time.

 

When he went back to Korea, the moment he went back was also the moment he regretted ever coming back. Jake was there, in the airport without Dani. Jake looked like he hasn't sleep in days and he has swollen eyes. He got skinnier and he looked like he was going to break down any minute. When he saw Darryl, he smiles at him faintly, almost nothing. Darryl noticed t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter