Chapter 28

Happiness with Pain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Darryl’s POV

After that day, Jake hyung and I spent our time together for the next weeks. We would always visit Dani’s grave. Sit there and just talk to her like she’s physically with us. We would tell her thing about our day and after, we would visit the girls in their dorm. It was clearly stated in the contract the no guys except their managers were supposed to be going inside their dorm but breaking the rules are nice.

Jake hyung became really close with all of them. I started seeing him talking with Nayeon unnie and they would just talk to each other like we are not with them at all. I was thinking that maybe he finally found someone he likes. How I wish it really is.

Mina: You’re looking at them again.

Darryl: Because they look so cute together. The look in his eyes when he looks at Nayeon noona is exactly the same as mine

Mina: How can you say that?

Darryl: Because that’s how I look at you Mitang.

Mina: You mean…

Darryl: I hope so. I’m sure she doesn’t mind anyway. It’s been so long.

Mina: How long was it?

Darryl: About 3 years or so.

Mina: Long enough? Is that long enough to move on?

Darryl: Probably.

Our conversation was cut when Jihyo noona called us for dinner. That would always be our routine. We would go to Dani’s grave and then go to Twice’s dorm and have dinner there before going home.

Jihyo: You are really a pain in the . Can’t you two just eat dinner in your respective houses?

Jake: But Jisoo I missed you! Don’t you miss oppa?

Jihyo: Stop calling me by my name please. And you just wanted to eat dinner here because you want to spend time with Nayeon unnie.

Jake: What are you talking about Jisoo?

Chaeyoung: Don’t act innocent oppa! It’s written all over your face!

Nayeon: Stop it kids.

Darryl: Defender number one!

We continued teasing the both of them until we finished eating. The maknae line washed the dishes while we stay in the living room to watch some drama. Nayeon noona and Jake hyung was as usual in their own world. It was getting late so I told Jake hyung that we should go back home. I can see sadness in his eyes when I said that. Nayeon noona was also kind of sad when Jake hyung bid them goodbye.

I kissed Mina in the forehead before bidding her goodbye.

Mina: Look at those two. Tsk

Darryl: Let’s just wait and see okay? We need to go. It’s late already.

Mina: Drive safely. Bye.

Jake hyung and I went to my car. We were going to my apartment first because he left his car in the building’s parking lot. When we got to my car, I immediately asked him the question that keeps on bugging me since last week.

Darryl: Hyung... Can I ask you a question?

Jake: What is it?

Darryl: Do you uhm… like Nayeon noona?

Jake: I can’t hide it anyways so yes. I do like her. I wasn’t sure about it first but when I started spending time with her since we became close. I felt like I was saved. I felt like she saved me.

Darryl: What about Dani then?

Jake: I’m sure Dani would understand. We never really dated. But I’m sure she’ll be happy just as much as she’s happy that you f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter