Chapter 11

Happiness with Pain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

 

It was already Christmas Eve and the Kwak family together with the Foreign Line gathered themselves in the mansion of the Kwak's. The girls, together with Anna, Jieun, Aunt Ai and Mrs. Kwak were in the kitchen preparing for the food that they'll eat. Darryl, the elders, Mr. Kwak, Uncle John, Karl, Minguk and Clayne are in the living room waiting for the food. Clayne and Darryl are playing video games while the elders and the guys are talking.

 

Darryl's cousins and other relatives who are in Taiwan and America cannot come because of the snow storm that is up coming and it would be dangerous to fly over. This is actually the first time that they are separated on Christmas. Anna and Minguk flew back to Korea 3 days ago while the others plan to fly back yesterday but the weather didn't let them.

 

Mina met Darryl's family this morning which went well but also nerve wracking since Mr. and Mrs. Kwak was tripping on her. They acted like they're so strict and all. Darryl on the other hand was holding his laugh not wanting to ruin his parents plan. He was actually enjoying it. Darryl's siblings were welcoming and they told Mina that their baby brother is a trustworthy person and a person who she can count on but he also has flaws.

 

Momo, Sana and Tzuyu were also welcomed happily by the Kwak family. They all said that it was great that they agreed on spending Christmas with them. They spend their morning buying and getting all the ingredients and stuff they needed. Darryl was happy to see that Mina and the others are comfortable with his family. Truth to be told, except for the Ladies and his other friends, Krystal was the only girl Darryl introduced to his family as someone special to him.

 

The food was soon finished and the Ladies who cooked joined the others in the living room. The kids together with Anna and Minguk went to the court to play basketball while Clayne and the girls were just watching. Mina was amazed by how good Darryl was playing. She did not expect him to be this good.

 

When they were finished, Darryl and Minguk sat beside the girls. They were panting hard but satisfaction was written in their face. It was probably the first time this year that they played since Minguk was living with their maternal grandparents in Taiwan because he studies there while Darryl is living here in Korea.

 

Minguk: It's been so long don't you think?

 

Darryl: It is. I missed you bro. * Smile*

 

Minguk: I missed you too Knight. Also, it's been so long since you let us meet someone you're dating. The last one was her right?

 

Darryl: Yea, I never even dated someone after Krystal.

 

Minguk: Did they meet already? I mean, Krystal is your friend right?

 

Darryl: Nope, but they met Sica noona.

 

Minguk: Eh? When?

 

Darryl: MAMA Awards. She watched to support.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter