Chapter 6

Happiness with Pain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Darryl's POV

 

I arrived at the restaurant first so I waited for them at the parking lot. I was texting Mina informing her that I arrived and that I'd be waiting for them inside. I got out of my car and went to the back seat to get the bouquet of flowers I got on the way here.

 

I hid the flowers beside the night stand that was at the far end of the room and sat on my sit. After 5 minutes, the girls arrived with a smile on their face. I greeted them and told them to wait as I was going to call a waiter for us. After that, I sat beside Mina and we waited for the waiter while talking.

 

Tzuyu: The MAMA awards is fast approaching, it's already next week.

 

Dahyun: Oh right! Ahh! Why did I forget about that? *pouts*

 

Darryl: Stop pouting or else Chaeng is going to kiss you!

 

Chaeyoung: Don't start you idiot!

 

Darryl: No way! You're blushing!

 

Chaeyoung: Stop Minho I swear!

 

Jihyo: Stop bickering guys. Anyway, Minho, are you going?

 

Darryl: Hm? Yea. Uncle asks me to go. Moral support.

 

Jeongyeon: They're coming. They're nominated actually. *concern *

 

Darryl: Of course they're going to be nominated. They're the so called "National Girl Group" after all.

 

Mina: Don't go if you're not comfortable.

 

Darryl: I can't hide from them forever you know. Also, Sica noona is visiting next week.

 

Jihyo: Eh? Really?! Is she watching?

 

Darryl: She's not insane noona, of course she's not!

 

Jihyo: Sorry...

 

Nayeon: What's your plan then? What would you do if you saw them?

 

Darryl: Ignore

 

Sana: Well that's harsh.

 

Darryl: Not as harsh as what that bi--- Sorry.

 

Jihyo: Okay let's stop here.

 

Luckily, James came. The silence was change into cheering and happily ordering food. I was in daze again thinking about next week and what I would do or react. I was deep in my thought when I felt a hand held mine tight, like assuring me that everything is going to be alright. I looked at the person and smiled at her mouthing a "Thank you". She just smiled sweetly and nodded her head. After the girls ordered their food they all talked again.

 

Jihyo: Minho how was school?

 

Darryl: Fine. I aced all my subjects again.

 

Tzuyu: No way! You should tutor us then!

 

Jihyo: I wouldn't ask him that if I were you.

 

Dahyun: Why? He's like the answer to our prayer.

 

Jeongyeon: Jihyo ask Minho to tutor her before too.

 

Chaeyoung: Really? What happened?

 

Jeongyeon: Well, Minho tutored Jihyo with Math before. It actually went well until… Minho gave Jihyo a questionnaire and asks her to solve it.

 

Jihyo: That was one heck of an experience.

 

Nayeon: But that wasn't the worst part. The worst part is he didn't let Jihyo eat until she got 70% out of 100.

 

Jihyo: Believe me; he made me answer it repeatedly until I got 75%

 

Mina: How many times did she repeat?

 

Darryl: Probably 10?

 

Momo: You're joking!

 

Jeongyeon: No he's not. Jihyo repeated it for 10 times and still haven't perfected it.

 

Mina: Exactly what questions did you let her answer?

 

Darryl: Situational questions. Just an easy one actually but it was tricky.

 

Jihyo: It was actually easy if you're not over thinking. The questions are actually for grade schoolers but it was tricky. Can't believe I haven't perfected that.

 

Chaeyoung: Well that !

 

Tzuyu: I take back my words.

 

Dahyun: Me too.

 

The girls all laughed at the maknae line's remark. Then they all got back at talking about how easy the questions are and how simple they are. I actually learned that one from my grandmother, she would always ask me to answer simple tricky questions and would always r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter