Chapter 47

Happiness with Pain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Darryl’s POV

I was still thinking about what Krystal wrote in that piece of paper. So she really wants to spend time with her huh? Then what? Hurt her? Make her feel tier that ever? I know I’ve said that we’re already okay and that I’ve accepted that fact that she’s dating someone we both know any of her friends or even her family liked. I’m not saying just because. I’m saying this because it’s true.

When we got to the Jokbal place, just as I was about to sit, Sica noona called me. I looked at the others and excused myself. I went to the other side of where we are seated making sure that they don’t understand any of our conversation.

Darryl: Hey what’s wrong?

Jessica: She called me. She was crying. What happened?

Darryl: What?! Who she?

Jessica: Soojung duh!

Darryl: OH! It must be the thing that happened in Amber hyung’s apartment.

Jessica: What happened?!

Darryl: I know you heard about Krystal and Kai right?

Jessica: Of course I heard. That’s a cover up!

Darryl: What? Can you? Can you repeat that please?

Jessica: What? That I heard of it?

Darryl: NO! No, the one after that.

Jessica: That it was all a cover up.

Darryl: It can’t be…. Ha-how?

Jessica: Seems like she didn’t tell you? Well, weeks before that, the lawsuit of Luhan and Kris is being held. She said the company wanted to create something spectacular so the fans and the other people won’t know.

Darryl: She… she didn’t tell me… she said she didn’t tell me because she didn’t want us to know Th--that she’s dating him... she never said anything about the company’s plan… she… how can I be so stupid!?

Jessica: I think you better talk to her now. She’s in our house.

Darryl: I… Yea sure, I’ll be meeting her…

I put my phone down after I hang up. I ran out of the restaurant and went to the cab station. I heard them call out for me. They ran after me I know. Then I saw a car stop just beside me. Jake hyung rolled the window down and told me to go inside.

Minho: What the hell!? Where do you think you’re going?!

Darryl: I--- I need to see Krystal…

Amber: WHAT FOR?! DAMNIT!

Darryl: BECAUSE I HAVEN’T HEARD ENOUGH! SHE’S HIDING SOMETHING FROM US! WE’VE BEEN HURTING HER FOR NO REASON! I KNOW IT!

Amber: What are you talking about?!

Darryl: EVERYTHING ABOUT THAT IS NOT TRUE! SHE’S NOT IN LOVE WITH KAI! THEY ARE NOT DATING! EVERYTHING IS A COVER UP!

We were practically shouting inside the car. I can’t believe what I just heard and I’ve hurt her so much. I’ve hurt my big sister so much! I’m so stupid not to think about her. I was selfish. I thought Amber hyung and I are the ones who were being hurt so badly but it turns out that she’s more hurting than us. We all stayed silent inside the car when Jackson hyung started asking questions to clear everything out.

Jackson: Who told you that?

Darryl: Jessica noona. She called me. She said Krystal called and that she was crying so hysterically.

Jackson: So what does that cover up?

Darryl: Few weeks after that confirmation. The lawsuit of Kris hyung and Luhan hyung would be hearing in the court. The company wanted to cover it up so they told Krystal and Kai to do that thing.

Amber: That’s--- That’s right… I remember that! I heard the other managers’ talking about the lawsuit but since I don’t have anything to do with it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter