Chapter 27

Happiness with Pain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

The group went to the famous Jokbal place they always go. When they got there, Jake was shocked to know that Darryl still goes there.

Jake: I can’t believe you still come here.

Darryl: It’s a nice place to eat. It’s homey so why not? It was hard to eat here for the first year though.

Jake: It’s still the same.

Darryl: It is. Imo was shocked to see me after a year though.

Jake She must’ve missed you.

Jihyo: Can we please save the talking after we order? I’m really hungry you know.

Jake: You never changed! How come you became a big eater? I thought Jeongyeon was the only big eater here!

Darryl: Hyung, they already have Momo noona.

Momo: Because food is life.

Darryl: Why are all of you even here? We’re not eating here anyways. Go back in the car!

Amber: Let’s let the two of them order then. They haven’t spent some alone time together.

The others went back to the car waiting for them. Darryl was wondering why the others didn’t go ahead instead of waiting for them. When the owner of the Jokbal place saw Jake, she almost cried. Jake, Darryl and Dani would always go to this place to have dinner or lunch when they were still kids. The Imo was close to them since they sometimes help her when her children are not around. She hugged Jake tight and told him to order anything and it’s in the house.

Jake declined the offer saying that he’ll visit them next time with Darryl. The duo told the Imo what their order is and waited in one of the seats.

Darryl: Hyung. I’m sorry if I never told you about my plan of separating with my parents.

Jake: it’s fine. I’m just glad you came to visit her. We were waiting for you, you know. She probably missed you.

Darryl: I missed her too hyung, always. She was my best friend anyway. She was my princess.

Jake: I still think of her. That’s why I never failed to visit her. My parents already asked me to stop. Even her parents asked me to stop. But I just couldn’t.

Darryl: I still do too. Who wouldn’t anyway? She was the life of the party.

Jake: She sure is. Anyway, I’ve heard about you and Krystal. How long have you been together?

Darryl: A year and 2 months.

Jake: Why’d you broken up though? She was your long time crush anyways.

Darryl: Some things just don’t go together hyung. Besides, by our 3rd month, Amber hyung confessed to Jackson hyung that she likes Krystal.

Jake: That must hurt a lot. How’d you cope up with the guilt?

Darryl: I talked to her. I even said sorry to her. If only I knew. I wouldn’t pursue Krystal in the first place.

Jake: Still selfless as always. I’ve heard that she’s dating Kai now. How’d you react?

Darryl: I was mad. She never told me. It was a cover up though. I just heard it from a classmate.

Jake: So she promised you that there’s no secret between the two of you?

Darryl: When we broke up and decided to be friends. She was the one to break it. I even told her about Mina.

Jake: Are you two talking?

Darryl: Nah. I never talked to her. She tried calling me and even messages me but I just can’t seem to find the reason to talk to her. It would just pass soon.

Jake: You should talk to her soon Darryl. Besides, Jessica noona wouldn’t want the two of you to have a bad blood.

Darryl: I will hyung, but soon.

The two are so immerse in their conversation to the point where they were both shocked when the Imo gave them their order. They both bid goodbye to the owner of the shop and told her that they’ll visit together soon. The boys went to their respective cars and drove to Darryl’s apartment. When they got there, Jake was having a feeling that he was already in there.

Jake keeps on looking at the building thinking if he was there before or not. When they got to Darryl’s apartment, Jake’s eyes widen and he looked at Darryl with teary eyes.

Jake: This. This is the one.

Darryl: It is hyung. I decided to buy it. It takes a lot of begging before they let me buy this one. It was a close fight though. It was nearly sold. But I begged the dealers to drop it and told them that I’ll buy it with twice the price.

Jake: Why?

Darryl: Because this one is the only piece I’ll have of her. It’s the only promise that I can keep.

The others were already waiting inside. Jake and Darryl went after them. Jake was still shocked. The 3 of them always go here and they promised that they’ll buy this apartment when they’re going for college. They said that it would be a nice idea because they won’t be seeing each other often due to the fact that they want to go to different university.

Jake

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter