Chapter 12

Happiness with Pain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Darryl's POV

 

I was in my deep slumber when someone just barge inside my room and jump up and down on my bed. The person keeps on shouting and calling my name. I really don't need to open my eyes and look at the person because only one person has the guts to go inside my room and interrupt my lovely sleep.

 

Clayne: SHŪSHU! WAKE UP! MOMMY SAID WE'RE GOING TO TOUR THE UNNIES! WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!

 

I just groaned and sit. I caught her and pulled her into a tight hug. I trapped her feet between my thighs and her arms in my hands.

 

Darryl: Let Shūshu sleep for a while okay? 5 minutes please?

 

She stopped moving and nodded her head. She lets me sleep but then it wasn't even a minute when mom opened the door of my room and shouted at me. Clayne giggled because I was so shocked and scared I immediately stood up and grabbed my towel telling Clayne to wait for me downstairs. I showered and change to my winter clothes. I went downstairs only to be greeted by my angry mom and a laughing foreign line and my ever so lovely niece.

 

I greeted them and joined them for breakfast. I sat beside Mina and greeted her. Actually, we never really initiate skin ships when we're with others or even her members. I know their fine with it and also fine with us but we both respect her members. We do cuddle a lot when it's just the two of us.

 

Darryl: Where are we going today? It's freezing cold outside just so you know.

 

Mrs. Kwak: We will visit your Hal-abeoji farm. Your grandmother wants the girls to tour them. Besides, the heater in that area is pretty strong.

 

Darryl: Can I stay?

 

Mrs. Kwak: Want me to smack you hard?

 

Darryl: You know ma I'm ready to go. Come on we're wasting time!

 

My statement made them all laugh. The thing is, I'm scared of my mother’s glare let alone smack me in the head. It's a big no-no man! We ate our breakfast and went to the car. My grandparents and Clayne is with Karl hyung together with Jieun noona. Uncle and Auntie together with my siblings went with my parents while I drive the girls. It was a good 30 minutes’ drive to the farm and the road is a bit slippery so I was getting worried we might get into an accident. I hope not though.

 

Mr. Kwak: Darryl! Drive safely okay son?

 

Darryl: Yea you too dad. We'll see you there okay?

 

Karl: Tail behind me Darryl so I won't get worried sick if you're okay! Open your GPS and connect with mine okay?

 

Darryl: Yea hyung! See you there.

 

And we drove to the farm. I drove carefully and tailed behind Karl hyung. I know he was getting worried because he called me when we were halfway to the farm. He didn't hang the phone up and just stayed that way. Even though we aren't talking, it was okay for him as long as he would know if something was wrong. We got to the farm safely and my family together with the Foreign Line roam the farm together.

 

Mina was beside me while the other three was in front of us. We were at the grape farm and I was tempted to pick one since some are already ripe. I ask Halmeoni if it was okay and she said it was. Momo noona immediately went beside me telling me to pick something for her. I looked at Mina and we both laugh. This Shikshin is really something.

 

Darryl: Come here Momo noona. I'll show you how to pierce a whole piece.

 

I picked the scissors up that was safely settled in the wires and cut the whole piece of the grapes. Momo noona's eyes sparkle and I find it fascinating. I gave it to her before getting one and giving Mina some.

 

Mina: How'd you know how to pick them up? I thought you grew up in Seoul?

 

Darryl: Nope. When I was still little, I lived here. I just went to Seoul when I was like 9 years old. I would always go here with my grandparents and they would always show me how to know if the fruits are ripe enough to pierce it and they also taught me how to pierce.

 

Mina: Oh. Is it nice living in the country side?

 

Darryl: Of course, imagine waking up with the smell of the fishes and coffee instead of something you smell in the city. The smiles the old vendors give you when you greet them instead of people holding phones and such.

 

Mina: It must have been very peaceful.

 

Darryl: It is. I'd actually rather live here than live there. At least here I could enjoy things like going to the beach and spending time with my idol friends without being chase by the fans.

<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter