Two Friends

You're My Diamond

Jimin POV

"Taehyung~"

"Oh hi Jimin! Haven't seen you in weeks!" Taehyung exclaimed. 

"Yeah-"I stated. He took a seat next to Taehyung on the bench. Taehyung has been my best and only friend for a long time now. We met at the playground when I was getting picked on. 

"Hey look, it's the !"

"Why are you here again?" 

"Please!" I called. "I need some spare change to feed my family!" 

"Like we'll ever give you money!" A boy laughed. "You might spend it on drugs like your dad did, you scu-" 

"Oi!" I heard. "Leave him alone!" A boy ran up towards us. He was my age, and had dirty-blonde hair and sharp eyes, and he was definitely taller than me. He wore a regular white shirt, with jeans and Converse shoes. "What's your problem?"

Another boy chuckled. "He's asking for change, but he might not spend it wisely, he's the son of a dead drug addi-" The boy fell on the ground. That mysterious kid just stricked him on the cheek, and he was nearly twice his size! 

"Leave him alone, or I'll make you-" The boy warned. Blood streamed down the bigger boy's mouth. He wiped it off and walked away, cussing to himself.

"Are you okay?" The hero asked. Are you kidding me? He just saved me! 

"Yeah, thank you so much!" I stood up and bowed. The boy chucked. "You don't have to be formal with me. I'm Kim Taehyung."

"I'm Park Jimin," I replied. We then both shook hands. "Those boys were being rough to you aye? You just wanted some change to feed your family."

"Yeah," I sighed. Suddenly I saw the boy reach in his pockets and pull out 20,000 won. "It's my spare lunch money, but I'm full. You can have it if you want." 

This boy just offered me 20.000 won. I gratefully accepted it, and we both went to the market and bought some bread, apples and cheese. We exchanged jokes and funny stories, and we've learnt so much about eachother. He felt so sorry for me, but I told him to just be thankful of what he has. We payed for the food and then walked outside. The day was bright, and so was his personality. 

"Is that enough?" He asked. I nodded and showed him my eye-smile, and he grinned back. His smile was like a box. It was unique, but cute. "I like your smile." He stated. "Yours too," I replied. We then walked outside my house, before getting ready to split off.

"Do you wanna be friends?" He asked me. Friends? I get to have my first friend! "That would be great!" I replied. But suddenly he got serious. "What's wrong?" I asked him. "Nothing...just stay safe. I can't keep paying you, you know." He stated. I sighed and nodded. "Yeah, so where shall we meet?" I asked. "Outside your house? We can walk around and play games!" He giggled. I smiled and nodded. I've just made a friend, and he was a very valuable one.

Ever since then, we've been meeting up every week. Taehyung woud give him spare change, and I returned with kindness. 

"I've made another friend," Taehyung suddenly said out of no where. "Really?" I asked. He nodded. "His name is Hoseok, he's supposed to come in about 10 minutes, I can't wait for you to meet him!" Taehyung cheered.

I smiled, Another friend. I thought. 

10 minutes later, he came. He was about Taehyungs height, with jet-black hair, a slender body, and a very bright smile.

"Annyeong~" He said, Taehyung replied the same. "This is Jimin. Jimin, Hoseok."

"It's nice to meet you," Hoseok chuckled. There was something odd about him. He seemed very happy, but I guess he's just had a good day. 

"Aigoo~ You're so skinny!" Hoseok stated. I just noticed that I actually am very skinny compared to the both of them. Taehyung lightly hit him. "What did I tell you?" He muttered. Hoseok apologized to him and myself. "It must be hard," he stated, and I nodded. We all decided to visit Hoseok's house. It was rather big, but not mansion-big. His mother was in the house, and greeted up politely.

"Oh hi, Taehyung! Hoseok, is this a new friend?"

"Yes eomma, this is Jimin-ssi."

"Oh how nice to meet you, Hoseok is a lovely friend!" She laughed. "Would you guys like anything to drink?" She asked. I shook my head politely. We then walked upstairs to his room, WHICH WAS HUGE. He had a regular bed, lots of action figures, and a flat-screen TV, with video games stacked on the table. 

"Your room is amazing!" I exclaimed. He laughed and shrugged, "It's nothing really..." 

I found a poster on the wall which said "I'm your hope, J-HOPE."

"What's that?" I asked, pointing towards the poster. "That's my slogan, and J-Hope is what I like to call myself. You can call me that if you want!" He chucked. 

"Sure then, J-hope," I laughed. We played a few video games, with Taehyung and J-Hope being the masters of. Suddenly, J-hope had an idea. "I should give you guys nicknames too!" He said.

"Really?" Taehyung asked. J-Hope nodded. "Since you're so good at video games, you should be called 'V!" Taehyung stared blankly. "V?" 

"Yeah, V stands for Victory!" J-hope laughed, doing a "V" sign with his hands. I simply giggled. "I like it."

"And you should be....Chim Chim!" Taehyung bursted out laughing. I replayed the name in my head. "Chim...Chim?"

"Yeah, you seem like a Chim Chim. You're smile reminds me of it too!" Taehyung was rolling on the ground trying to contain his laughter. "CHIM CHIM-"

"Okay...well then, nice to meet you guys, J-Hope, V, and myself, Chim Chim-" I gave off my eye smile agreeing with our new nicknames. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. "You can come in," J-hope stated. The door opened to reveal a young girl with long black hair and a long face like J-Hope. 

"Are these your friends?" She asked. "Annyeong, Noona~" J-Hope waved. She smiled a smile like J-Hope's." 

"I'm Jung Soojung, Hoseok's sister" She said. "I'm Jimin," I replied. "I'm Taehyung," V also said. "Hoseok, Lunch's almost ready, I think it's time for your friends to leave."

"Okay," He said, and Soojung closed the door. "Well you guys heard her," J-Hope stated, and we all walked downstairs to the door. 

"It was nice meeting you Chim Chim," J-Hope said, and I smiled back. "You too."

V walked me to the mall, where I was going to go to work. "It's kinda weird calling you V," I said. V laughed, "And it's weird calling you Chim Chim!" He replied. "Well I gotta go, see ya!" He cheered, before leaving. I sighed and walked into the changing room to wear my uniform, and then began cleaning.

~*~

I got home later than normal, which made my mom worried. "Where were you?" She asked. "You were 8 minutes and 27 seconds late!"

"Mom I'm sorry," I laughed. "I just needed a toilet break." 

"Well, dinner's ready, go get cleaned up," She stated. I walked into the bathroom and took a quick, cold shower. We couldn't really afford warm showers, so I always took cold ones. I changed into new clothes and sat down to eat. My brother then came and sat next to me. His name is Jihoon, and he's 4 years younger than me. 

"Hey Jihoon," I said. He didn't reply though. "Are you okay?" I asked.

"I have a surprise, he stated. "I got a job."

"Jinjja?!" I shouted. My mom was actually very shocked as well. "Where?" she asked. "Milk Run," he replied. It's from 6-9am, and I get payed 20,000 won a morning!"

"That's almost DOUBLE how much I get!" I exclaimed. 

"I've got an idea! Jimin, you should quit your job. They're looking for paper boys, and you get payed about as much as I do!" Jihoon suggested. Honestly this was amazing. We were both going to get great jobs. This could get us enough money to afford warm showers, make repairs, buy more food, and clothes as well! Why should I let this opportunity slip? After about 3 years of working as a cleaner, I think it's time to change for something better. "That's a great idea!" I cheered. We both finished our dinners and went off to bed, with the idea rolling around my mind continuously as I couldn't contain my happiness

~*~

The next morning I called V. "Hey, I'm gonna quit my job!" I said across the hotline phone. "Really?" I heard. V sounded like he just woke up. "Yeah, I'm gonna be a paperboy. I give newspapers to the entire neighbourhood for 120,000 won a week, which is 50% more than I'm getting currently!" "That's great!" V cheered. I hung up and grabbed my bag to tell my manager. I was sprinting. I entered the management room panting with exhausion. 

"Boss, I'm quitting." I told him straight to his face. "I've found a job which is more suitable to help take care of my family." I told him.

"After 3 years of working here? Well, that's a shame. It was nice having you, Jimin," My manager told me. He was a very straight forward person. I returned the keys and my uniform before bowing and closing the door. I ran home and grabbed the hotline phone, dialing the phone. 

"Yes hi, I would like to apply for a job as paper boy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And that's chapter 2! It's kinda short compared to the first one, but I made it straight to the point. I'd like to ask you guys a question. Do you think the characters are similar to that of their regular characters? Well, other than the environment that they were raised in, eg. Jungkook being stubborn because of his dad, etc. I will be writing chapters during classtime so that I can update more often for you all ^.^