Lost and Found

You're My Diamond

"Hey there~~ Just a quick note to tell you guys - I make LOTS of mistakes. I often forget that I'm speaking as someone's point of view insead of in 3rd person general, so if you guys could point that out for me so that I can fix the error, that would be awesome, thanks!

~~~~~

Jungkook's POV

Since I've finally finished the school year, I could have slightly less work to do, or so I thought.

"Jungkook-nim, here's your vacation homework for today-" The butler said, giving me piles of paper with Math Questions I couldn't bare to solve. I exhaled deeply and grabbed my pen, completing as many questions as possible. In my world, there's no such thing as a break. No homework? I get homework. No meetings? I have to memorize a script for the public. I really wanted freedom.

I decided to take a break from my homework and just walk around the house, but that was not possible without someone asking me a question and making arrangements every 10 seconds. I would reply with short answers and write down schedules, so I always bring a paper and pen with me. I was really tired, so I told everyone I was going to take a nap for 1 hour just to recharge, or else I would probably pass out. I closed the curtains so that the light wouldn't bother me, and I fell asleep on my 1,200,000 won bed.

"Jungkook-nim, you have a meeting at 4."

"Jungkook-nim, don't forget to oxmplete your 10 pages of homework."

"Your father wants to talk to you about university, Jungkook-nim."

"Jungkook-nim, you can't take breaks or else you'll never become successful!"
"Jungkook-nim"

I woke up furiously from my dream, lightly punching my pillow. 

"Is everything alright, Jungkook-nim?" I heard after a couple of knocks on my door.

"Yeah-" I replied, panting. I stood up and opened the curtains wide to see the front view of our house. But something caught my attention. I saw a boy about two years older than me riding a bicycle around the pathway, stopping at every house to put a piece of newspaper in their mailbox. I remember someone twice his age delivering to us before, but maybe they hired someone new. He looked oddly familiar as well. Suddenly he rode his bike to our mailbox, putting the mail inside. He stared at our house and admired every corner. I saw him mouth something, which looked like "Daebak." He suddenly caught my eye staring at him. It was like nothing broke our eyes off. I couldn't count how long we stared at each other. He looked really embarrassed and looked down in front of him. I shook it off and closed the curtains, before looking back 10 seconds later, and unsurprisingly, he was gone.

 

Jimin POV

I have never felt so happy, they accepted me in the job! I had my training session 2 days ago, telling me which directions to go in and how to deliver. We got payed almost 3 times the amount we did last week. I was so grateful and was surprised that I've waited this long to get a job this good! 

I woke up at 5 in the morning and tried not to wake eomma up. I woke up my brother as well.

"Jihoon, wake up!" I whispered, shaking him vigorously. Me moaned and opened his eyes.

"Hyung-"

"It's 5:15, you gotta go to work!" I exclaimed. Jihoon got up and got changed with me. We both had an apple for breakfast and left with our backpacks. In the middle of the trip we split off to go to our own jobs. I made it at 5:50 to the station, where I picked up all the rolled newsletters, and put them in a giant bag. I left my bike over there so that I could use it everyday. I hopped on and put the bag on the huge basket, and began to ride. 

I stopped at every house in the first area, putting the rolled-up newspapers in the mailboxes. My bike wasn't very good, but it was strong enough to carry my light body. The sun started to rise as I continued. 

It was eventually 9, and I had 2 more streets to do. I rode towards a giant mansion, which I'm sure was where the president lived. It was so cool to be able to deliver their mail! I rode the bike to their mailbox and put the newspaper in. This was the first time I stood directly in front of their house, so I decided to admire it. I looked at all the magnificent trees hanging in the gardens and the patches of flowers of all the colours I could think of. The house was so big I had to move my head to look from one side to the other. There were a few fountains around the garden, which I could hear the water drops off, and birds chirping and swimming in them. The mailbox was next to a giant gate, which required authorization to enter through. "Daebak..." I gasped, I looked at the giant house when something caught my attention. Someone was looking at me. It was through a giant window near the front of the house. Those two eyes were looking directly at mine. I looked carefully and saw that it was the President's son, Jeon Jungkook-nim, looking at me. He was gazing at me like there was nothing around me. I blushed a bit, and crooked my head in front of me, looking down embarrasingly. I rode off as if nothing happened. I wanted to forget that happened, but it was stuck in my head. I went off to finish the last few houses, before riding back to the station, and getting back home at 10. 

"Oh my gosh!" Eomma exclaimed. My brother received 20,000 won, and I received another 15,000. 35,000 won, just for today! We normally got that mouch in 4 days worth. "If you boys keep it up, we might be able to rent a proper home!" We can now buy more food! "Also, we can now pay for that pipe that bursted 3 days ago!" She cheered and immediately went up to the phone to call the plumber. 

 

Jungkook POV

My dad is going to travel for a couple of days, which left me in charge of the mansion. He was going to some business meeting with the American President. He wasn't very good at English, so I thought he was screwed, but then I remembered my brother was with him, and my brother can speal fluent Korean, English, Chinese, Japanese and French. What a talented man.

"Jungkook-nim, go grab the newspaper please," my butler told me. I got up off my chair and walked outside to the mailbox. The same paperboy from yesterday came to drop off the newspaper. I walked out to grab it, when I saw something on the ground. It was a small bracelet, which was twisted thin rope with a couple of beads dangling from it, of the colors blue and green. The boy must've dropped it while riding. I was going to go and call him to return it to him, but he was already gone. I sighed and took it into my room, to return it to him the next time I saw him. i was quite curious with other people's property, but I respected it. I sat down in my room and examined the bracelet. On the blue bead, there was the letter J, and on the green bead was the letter T. The letters were written in Permanent black marker. I put the bracelet in a drawer and went on to read the newspaper. 

 

Jimin POV

I met up with V again today after work. He was asking me so many questions about my new job, and I was exhausted. For some reason he kept staring at my wrist while I was talking to him. "Dude, where's the bracelet?" He asked me. "It's on my wri-whaaaa-?" I stared at my wrist to find the bracelet I've been wearing for 10 years, not on my wrist. 

"What's that?" I asked. My 9 year old friend Taehyung had a small bracelet in his fingertips. "It's a friendship bracelet!" He giggled. He tied it around my wrist and I stared at it in awe. It was a thin rope twisted with two beads, one green and one blue.

"Since green is my favourite colour, and blue is yours, it represents us. Look, I even put the first letters of our name on it!" He pointed to the recently-dried-out J and T on the beads. "I'm wearing one as well," he said, and I looked at his wrist to find an identical bracelet. "It's so that no matter how far we are, we will remember eachother by looking at our hands."

"Oh my god- I think I dropped it," I gasped. I sat down with my hands cupping my face. "It's alright..." V said. 

"No it's not, I've worn it for 10 years. Look, when I go to work tomorrow, I'll look for it as I ride on my bike, okay?" I promised. 

"Okay," V replied, and he did his signature box smile.

~*~

The next day I immediately woke up my brother and went to work. My eyes were scanning the pathway everywhere I went while I delivered the papers. I was kinda worried. What if someone picked it up? What if it fell down a drain? Will I even find it? How will V react? I started panicking and searched carefully. I was now in front of Jungkook-nim's house. I put his paper in and started looking around, when suddenly...

"Oi, Paper boy!-" I heard. I turned towards the gates to find Jungkook-nim sprinting towards me. I took a step back and watched frightened, is he pissed off at me? I then looked carefully and saw his hand was clutched onto something. Could it be...

Jungkook-nim opened the gates and put his hand out. "I think you dropped this-" and there it was. The bracelet that I dropped, resting on the palm of his hand. I took it and put it on, then immediately bowed. "Gamsahabnida, Jungkook-nim." I looked up to find his eyes directly on mine. I hesitated and cleared my throat. "Is there something wrong?" I asked.

"No, I'm just sensing deja vu, this is oddly familiar..." He said, blushing a bit. I then suddenly remembered what happened in the playground 9 years ago.

"Oi, go pick on someone your own size," Jungkook ordered. The boys obeyed and walked off, muttering words. 

I stood up and dusted myself off, before bowing in front of Jungkook-nim. Words couldn't describe how thankful I was of him. "Gamsahabnida, Jungkook-nim," I told him, trying to sound as polite as possible.

"The playground," I said suddenly.

"Huh?" He asked, he looked confused. 

"It was at the playground. When you saved me from being beat up by those boys..." I said, reminiscing.

"Oh..." he said, he seemed like he remembered. "Yes, I remember that."

"Jungkook-nim I can't say how thankful I am," I stated.

"You don't need to say how thankful you are. I don't like innocent people getting picked on," He said, sounding loke a good guy. We then exchanged deep eye-contact again. I hopped onto my bike and bowed again, "Thanks again," I said.

"Wait, what's your name?" He asked. I replied with my eye-smile, "Park Jimin," and rode off.

 

Jungkook POV

I was staring outside the window the entire morning, waiting for him to come. "Is everything alrigh, Jungkook-nim?" one of my maids asked. I simply nodded, not keeping my eyes off the window. The bracelet was in my palm, which was beginning to sweat. Suddenly I saw him. I immediately opened the door and ran out. He was putting the newspaper in my mailbox, and then he started to look around, probably for the bracelet.

"Oi, Paper boy!-" I called out, sprinting with all my might. He then turned towards me, looking confused. I unlocked the gates and stood in front of him with my palm out, revealing the bracelet. "I think you dropped this," I said.  He took it out of my hands and put it on, before bowing in front of me. "Gamsahabnida, Jungkook-nim."

This was the first time I looked at him properly. He was so good looking. He had brunette hair, which was slightly messy, sharp eyes and plump lips. He was wearing slightly old and ripped clothes, and he looked very skinny, like he hasn't eaten in days. The wind could probably blow him away like paper if it was strong enough. My ideal type. I got lost in his eyes which were looking at me. The way he said 'Thank You' seemed really familiar. Suddenly I snapped back to reality when he cleared his throat. "Is there something wrong?" He asked. I replied instantly. "Nothing, I'm just sensing deja vu, this is oddly familiar..." I think I've seen this boy before. I wasn't sure when or where, but I've seen him. 

"The playground," He suddenly said. Playground? "Huh?" I asked. The last time I was in a playground was about 9 years ago, when the butler would take me every morning. "It was at the playground, when you saved me from being beat up by those boys," He said. Now I remembered. I was 8 years old, and this young boy was getting picked on for being poor and gay. He's gay...

I was sitting on the bench with my butler, eating my fancy lunch. The butler didn't pay attention to me, so I was only looking around. It was a clear day and everything seemed peaceful, except for something...

"Go away, Deoleoun!" I heard, then I heard a cry of pain.

"You don't deserve to be in the presence of Jungkook-nim, Iban!" I heard again.

"Dongseong-aeja!" I heard after. What was going on? I turned to find a young boy, my height but older looking, getting beat up by a group of 13 year olds. The boy seemed very weak, and looked like he didn't know how to fight. I was just staring at him, he seemed so helpless, so kind, and beautiful.

"Why don't you run off to your mom and your dead dad at home! Nanmin!" They kept kicking him like a punching bag, unable to retaliate.

That was enough. I had to do something. I walked up from behind them. "Oi, go pick on someone your own size," I ordered. Since everyone always seemed to listen to what I said, they listened to me. The boys obeyed and walked off, muttering words. 

The boy stood up and dusted himself off, before suddenly bowing. "Gamsahabnida, Jungkook-nim," he said. He had a small cut on his lip and was holding his stomach. "No need to thank me," I told him. I was just worried about him, I didn't usually do these type of things, but if it went too far, it could have gotten serious. 

"You shouldn't come here anymore, it's not safe for needy people like you," I suggested. Honestly, saying the word 'needy' seemed rude and heartless, but I just wanted to protect him. Also, If I kept seeing him, I could've probably developed a crush on him, which is not what I wanted. The boy listened and nodded, he had dried up tears which I couldn't stand seeing, so I turned around, making sure he didn't see me getting worried. He walked off, before my butler called me. "Time to go home," he said. We then walked off back to my mansion.

"Oh..." I said. "Yes I remember that." He looks the same as before, just older and more handsome now. 

"Jungkook-nim I can't say how thankful I am," he said. 

"You don't need to say how thankful you are. I don't like innocent people getting picked on," I said, trying not to sound like I liked him. We then exchanged deep eye-contact again. It was extremely awkward, and I'm not sure how we do it. I tried to contain myself from blushing. He then hopped onto his bike, "Thanks again," he said. He was about to ride off, but I needed to know his name.

"Wait, what's your name?" I asked. He showed me an eye-smile which looked way too adorable for a man, "Park Jimin," he said, and then he rode off. I walked back inside and went into my room.

Park Jimin...I hope to see you again...

___________________

Aaaaaaand that was chapter 3! It was definitely longer than the other ones. I wanted to give you guys the perspective of Jungkook from that event. Next chapter will be a little bit of Vhope, so stay tuned for that ^.^

Also thanks for 16 subscribers and over 200 views! This is absolutely amazing and I thank you guys again, I'm quite surprised you enjoy my story, and it is my first one, and possibly the longest FanFiction I have ever written so far, but it is definitely going to be longer. I want to give you guys a Taehyung back-story in the next one, and maybe a J-Hope one in the one after, and of course, have Jikook meet once again! We'll see how this relationship turns out :)

Also, on my YouTube channel is a Vhope FMV and a JiKook FMV, if you guys could check that out please, my channel link is in my profile :)

Once again, thanks for reading!~