I'll Make Sure You're Okay

You're My Diamond

Please read the chapter before, before reading this one. I changed my notes into a chapter, so read that first. I updated two chapters today. Thanks, happy reading.


 

Jimin POV

So this is how life is going to turn out.

I only have a couple of months before my surgery and I don't even know if I'll make it out alive. I had my Cardiac catheterization right before the breakup. But that doesn't matter, what reason is there to live anyways? What reason is there to life knowing that you're no longer with the person you'd spend your life with, and knowing that you're the reason why.

I haven't left my room in two weeks. Eomma would sneak in food when I was asleep, because I couldn't even stand looking at her, or my brother. Taehyung kept texting me, asking why I wasn't answering or returning his calls. I wasn't in the mood to talk, would I ever be?

I felt sicker and sicker as time passed. My muscle began to weaken and I was slowly turning back into the scrawny kid that I was early last year. I was just bones and skin. The pain felt worse, and even though I had my painkillers and medicine by my side with water, it wasn't fixing all of my damage, because what could heal a broken heart?

It was February, and Hoseok's birthday past. Although he held a small gathering of friends, he understood my current condition and didn't invite me. He used the excuse to Rapmon, Jin, and Yoongi as "a little ill." 

A little.

When would I tell those three? 

From what I've heard, things between Yoongi and Seungwan began to click. Good for them.

They were also auditioning next week for SM Entertainment, which was a surprise when I found out. Rapmon and Jin seemed to be taking a break on their music, but everyone was happy. All my friends had someone to love.

I haven't told anyone about Jungkook and I yet. I was scared, I admit it. 

I heard a knock on the door, and it opened. Eomma came in with some breakfast. 

"Good morning, Jimin," She greeted with a smile. It was comforting, but worrying. "I brought you some breakfast."

She placed the bowl of cereal on my table by the bed. I didn't nudge at all. My face felt strange from crying last night. I wanted to tell her I wasn't hungry, but my stomach didn't like the idea, and instead it rumbled loud enough for her to hear.

"Jimin, you're not eating at all! All the food I've brought for you, you haven't taken a bite! No wonder your medicine isn't helping," She sighed. "Come on, eat! It's your favourite cereal!"

She wasn't lying, it was. But I couldn't eat right now, I had no appetite.

"I'm not hungry," I lied.

"Jimin, I can hear your stomach from miles away! Why aren't you eaing?"

What's the point in eating? I wanted to say. And as if she read my mind, she sat down and began to force-feed me.

"Even if it's not for you, eat for me!" Eomma was on the verge of crying. She really seemed desperate for me to take a bite of the food. I leaned forward and took a bite slowly, chewing on something I wasn't used to. I haven't felt anything solid in my mouth in days. I began to feel sickness in my stomach as I swallowed, and that's when I had to leave my bed in a hurry. I sprinted to the bathroom with Eomma following me and vomited hard in the toilet. It was mostly water as I haven't eaten in a few days. I felt very sick to my stomach and I felt terrible. Eomma was right behind me, asking me questions.

"Are you okay? Why are you vomiting!?" The second question was asked to herself. "Drink some water honey!"

She grabbed the phone and began to dial my doctor while I almost began to sob. I hated the feeling so bad, not just in my stomach, but in my chest as well. She seemed very panicked, as if simply vomiting could mean I would die any second, thankfully that wasn't exactly the case. She hung up the phone and spoke to me.

"You're obviously malnourised and the taste of food is unfamiliar to you, we'll have to start with liquids," she wailed, and ran to make some soup. I jumped back into bed trying to feel better, when Taehyung called again. He hasn't called in two days, when I assumed he gave up. Eomma was in the other room, telling me to pick up.

"He's worried, he deserves to know," she stated, stirring the bowl of soup. I sniffled and answered the phone. My voice cracked.

"H-Hello...?"

"JIMIN OH MY GOD!" I didn't realize that the volume was at it's highest so his voice scared me very bad. I dropped my phone on the ground and almost had a heart attack. 

"Why haven't you picked up any of my calls!? What's wrong with you!?" He screamed. I could feel his unnecessary panic.

"V... please..."

"I tried calling Jungkook as well but he wasn't picking up either! What's wrong?" 

"Taehyung!" 

"What!?"

I haven't shouted that loud since the fight. I just wanted him to listen, although I was in no mood to talk, it was the best thing to do right now.

"I broke up with Jungkook."

"WHAT!?"

I sighed. I wasn't surprised about his reaction, considering how close we were and how long we held our relationship going. 

"B-but what happened...?" He asked.

"It's all my fault, honestly..." I stated. "I was the one that wouldn't tell him what was wrong with me...and...and..."

"Jimin, it's not your fault," Taehyung tried to calm me down. "I'm surprised, honestly. But, sometimes you have to let go of things to make other things easier...ya know..."

"B-But was it really worth letting Jungkook go?" 

"Well..." Taehyung thought out loud. "I'm not sure."

"I...I just didn't want to hurt him, I thought that if we weren't together anymore, I wouldn't have to tell him. But now...I probably hurt him more by dumping him..."

I heard Taehyung sigh loudly. "Well, should I at least tell the others?"

I thought carefully. "Not now, not yet. I can't deal with talking to anyone right now."

"Maybe...maybe we can sort things out with Jungkook." Taehyung suggested this idea, which I wasn't ready for yet.

"I can't, at least right now." I didn't feel like talking to him at all, even though in some ways it was for the good. "I'm in no condition to talk to him after..."

"Okay fine, but I'm coming over. Right now." 

Taehyung hung up immediately and I literally felt him running towards my house. It wasn't until ten minutes later when I heard a desperate knock on my door.

 

Taehyung POV

I couldn't believe what Jimin just told me. He broke up with Jungkook? This was the biggest news ever! Honestly, I thought it would have been Jungkook breaking up with him, but I never even considered this would happen. They were doing so well, but did Jimin know what he was doing?

I was running with all my might for about ten minutes. There was no rain or snow today, only the bitter cold that was blowing through my hair, but it didn't matter. I just had to see Jimin, he's my best friend. I found the apartment and ran up the stairs to his place. I knocked on the door desperately, waiting for immediate response. His mom opened the door, looking stressed out as heck, while I smelt soup. 

"I need to see Jimin!" I called, marching straight towards his room.

"Wait, Taehyung honey hold on..." his mom tried to slow me down but I forced the door open and saw him curled up in his bed. He looked so pale. He hasn't been this pale since...since ever. Even earlier last year, he looked somewhat better. His appearance was skinnier than when I last saw him, which was almost a month ago. He was almost at the same weight as before he got healthier. His eyes were puffy and his nose was runny. His hair was all over the place, I've never seen it so messy and careless. I walked up to him and pulled the blanket off him slightly, staring at his bony arms. He was losing the muscle, and he seemed so weak. Why did he look so bad!? I understood he was going through a rough time, and that he was sick, but it's never been like this. 

"Jimin..." I wailed, staring into his sore eyes. "...you don't look okay..."

"How can I be okay?" He spoke softly, voice cracking a bit. I saw the bowl of soup beside him and saw that it was cold and uneaten. This poor boy.

"Come on...let me help you eat at least..." I smiled, picking up a spoonful of soup. "Here comes the airplane..."

Jimin didn't smile. He usually did when I . Not today.

"I'm sorry, that was stupid..."

"It's okay, you're trying to help..." Jimin tried to comfort me. It broke my heart seeing him like this, he didn't deserve this at all, not my precious Jimin. I'm going to punch cancer in the throat. 

I poured the soup carefully into his mouth, and although he didn't seem to like it that much, and although he coughed a bit afterwards, it seemed to be okay.

"Good. Now, I'm staying with you today," I said, holding his hand tightly. He looked into my eyes and they seemed to glow brighter. I took a breath.

"I''ll make sure you're okay."

 


 

We all need a Taehyung in our lives. Thanks for reading.