What's The Point?

You're My Diamond

So, here’s the new chapter. It’s been one year since I’ve been “on the roll” with this fic. I’ve matured a bit, I write a bit better, I have more experience because I’ve been reading more. I hope my new style of writing is better for you guys. Enjoy the chapter, and the angsty last quarter of the story.

 

PS. I just read my entire story all over again. What was I thinking? I’m such a bad writer lol.

 


Jimin's POV.

 

“I wanna break up with you.”

 

Those words cut through me like a knife. They must’ve cut through Jungkook even more.

 

But now, I was confused.

 

Did I regret what I said? Why did I say it? Why did I just end our relationship, right here...right now? Why did I do this, when I could’ve just told him the truth? Why was I so scared?

 

I tried holding back my sobs as the rain began soaking my hair. I watched Jungkook break slowly while staring into my eyes. How could he still look at me? I was a monster. I tore his heart apart. I hated myself so much. Was this for the best?

 

Is anything for the best right now? Breaking his heart, breaking my own?

 

“Fine.”

 

His whisper was dark, and hoarse, full of disappointment and future breakdowns. Was this it? Is this the end of our story, our life? Was I about to start a new chapter in my life, or was this the end of the book? He looked down then back up at me.

 

“Goodbye, Park Jimin.”

 

He stared one last time into my eyes and turned his back towards me. This was the end. He walked away slowly in the direction I was facing as I watching his slowly fade away in the light fog. Even after he was gone from my sight, I still stood there being showered by rain. It was five minutes of doing absolutely nothing, except feeling empty.

 

Eventually, I got back home, stepping on muds and puddles without care. I arrived outside the door and stepped in, not caring about my brother asking me what was wrong and why I was so wet. I just headed towards my room and locked the door behind me. I took a few deep breaths and sat down on my bed. I was having nasty thoughts to myself. Why couldn’t the cancer just take me right now? I didn’t want to stay in this world anymore, knowing I hurt the one person I loved the most.

 

Tears ran down my eyes as I whimpered softly. My brother was knocking on the door, but the noise was nothing to me. All I heard was Jungkook’s voice in my head. His voice repeatedly said, “I love you Jimin,” and many other things that would make me smile, but now it only made me feel worse. I grabbed the picture from my bedside table, observing it carefully. It was the Incheon picture. I stared at Jungkook’s face that was holding the most precious smile. Looking at the picture only made me cry more, knowing that we could’ve gone farther with our love. But now, our future was buried and forgotten.

 

I placed the picture in a box under my bed and pushed it inside, wanting to never see it again. I put the oil portrait inside as well. Anything that reminded me of him was stored and gone forever in my eyes. When I finished, I laid on my bed. I’ve never cried this hard in my life. From my childhood to adulthood, I felt all the water in my body pouring out now. I opened my phone and deleted Jungkook’s contact from my phone.

 

I wanted to forget everything.

 

 

Jungkook’s POV.

 

“Goodbye, Park Jimin.”

 

I didn’t care about the maids trying to dry me off with a towel. I told them to leave me alone as I walked upstairs, which I’m sure was a million stairs. Once I got into my room, I locked the door and made sure that no one would dare come into my room. So as soon as I was sure, I let all my feelings out. Thank goodness for the soundproof walls.

 

I began crying. This wasn’t just the regular old crying when you bruise your knee or the crying after being bullied. This definitely wasn’t the crying after my dad left me when I needed him most, or when I was constantly put down. This crying was incomparable. This crying was heartbreak. It was knowing that the person who you thought loved you most, decided to not love you anymore. I loved Jimin. How could this happen? What did I do to deserve this? Did I have anyone by my side anymore?

 

This crying was the cry when you realize that life wasn’t worth living anymore. This is the moment you realize that the one person who stood beside you, is now gone. No one truly loved me anymore, so what’s the point?

 

It was a good five minutes of crying. My dad wouldn’t even think about walking in here to ask me what’s wrong. He never cared about me. I didn’t care about me anymore either.

 

So is this how my life goes? So now I’m going to be married by force to Tzuyu, who I have no love for. I’m going to grow into the business life, living a life with stress. I’m going to be grown into a man who expects to be president in the future, a man with no true happiness. A life with no Jimin.

 

Or I could end everything right now.

 

I was on my way to the bathroom to do what I had to do, when I heard a knock on the door. I took steps out and headed towards the door, looking through the monitor. It wasn’t dad, or a maid. It was Tzuyu. Maybe I needed someone to talk to. She looked extremely worried.

 

“Jungkook?” She called, knocking on the door. I cleared my throat and unlocked it, letting her in. She saw how bad I must’ve looked.

 

“Jungkook, are you okay? You look terrible!” She wailed. “You look like you’ve been crying! What happened?”

 

It took a few seconds to speak but I made a small whisper, and I hope it was enough to get the idea through.

 

“Jimin…”

 

“I’m so sorry!” She pulled me into a hug, and the hug was so warm and tight. It was the hug you’d give your friend when they needed someone desperately. I knew she was there for me, as she’s had feelings like that too. I closed the door after letting go and walked to my bed. It was a time with silence and me sniffling my nose.

 

“You don’t have to hold your cries in front of me,” she stated. “I understand.”

 

I had nothing to let out anymore, though. All my tears were gone.

 

“Could you tell me what happened? Unless...you don’t want…”

 

“He broke up with me, on the spot,” I started. “I don’t even know why, he didn’t tell me what was wrong or what was up with him…”

 

Tzuyu nodded as I spoke, listening carefully.

 

“We just haven’t done much for a few weeks, and I felt like he was avoiding me,” I continued. “So I arranged to meet up with him, and he wouldn’t tell me what was wrong. I started getting worried and started feeling angry...and...and then…”

 

I took a deep breath, shaking.

 

“He said he wanted to break up with me.”

 

Tzuyu stared at me, taking in everything I said.

 

“Jungkook, I’m so sorry to hear about all of this. It must’ve been such a mess.”

 

“I don’t know what to do now, I don’t even wanna live anymore after this…”

 

“Hey, hey, don’t say that!” She interrupted. “Everything’s gonna be fine…”

 

“Nothing’s fine now. Not after Jimin’s gone.”

 

I was letting all my feelings out right now, in front of Tzuyu.

 

“Jungkook, listen. I know you’re hurting right now after Jimin’s gone, but trust me. This is only the hardest part, you can wait a while and find someone new.”

 

I knew she was trying to help, but I’m not sure if it was. “No one can be better than him. After this, dad’s going to control me and throw me around, making me do things I don’t wanna do, and I have to ing live with it until he dies.”

 

Tzuyu sighed. “Here’s what I think you should do. Give it time, wait a while. Distract yourself and try to do things that make you happy. I can help you if you want. And then we’ll see what happens. But don’t do anything stupid, I don’t wanna have to install security cameras in your room.”

 

“I wont...I wont…” I complained. Tzuyu gave me a smile. Not a happy smile, but a warm and comforting smile.

 

“Good, now let’s get you dried up.”

 


 

Anyways, thanks for the support everyone! See you next chapter, whenever it comes out...

This is so angsty, have I ever written a chapter this sad? I don’t know, can’t remember.