The Runaways

You're My Diamond

This chapter is dedicated mainly for NamJin ^.^

Not exactly G rated though haha, just a warning~

~~~~~

Namjoon POV

I woke up in my bed on a regular Saturday morning. I was exhausted after yesterday, Jin was being really clingy, so I had to do what I had to do. I got up and went to the Kitchen, where I saw Jin cooking eggs and bacon. It smelt great, but he smelt better. 

"Morning darling," I told him, and hugged him from behind, nuzzling into his neck. 

"Morning hun," he replied and turned around so that we could share a kiss. "Go sit down, breakfast is almost ready."

I sat down on the dining table and tapped my fingers, smelling the great scent of my boyfriend's amazing cooking. He could make anything you ask him to, and that's one of the millions of qualities he has. 5 minutes later he came to the table and placed the plate down in front of me. What I noticed was that he was limping slightly in his steps. 

"Limping again?" I asked, smirking.

"After last night, how could I not?" he replied, and sat down next to me. Before I was able to take my first bite, the phone rang, and I went to go get it.

"Yeboseyo?" I asked through the phone.

"Hi there, we have a weeking on Friday the 12 of July, and we were wondering if you could perform," I heard. 

"I guess we can," I replied. I wrote down the address and time, and told them we would be there. "And how much would we be payed?" I asked.

"640,000 won" (about 540 usd) they said. My jaw dropped. That much? That could pay rent for 2 weeks! I tried to keep cool and told them I accepted the offer. I then hung up and ran to Jin.

"640,000 won, July 12, 7pm to 10pm," I told him. 

"Jinjja!?" Jin asked. I nodded. He got up and hugged me tight. "This is great!" He said, and then we kissed again.

Jin and I were a duo named "The Runaways," that have been making music for about 11 months now. I was an underground rapper before and he was a singer. I called myself "Rapmonster" and the reason was quite obvious. Jin and I have been in a serious relationship for 2 years now. We have been keeping it a secret for one, though. The flashback started to play in my head.

 

I was a regular, smart kid who wished to succeed in music. I had a younger sister, and both my parents, who were divorced, so I lived with my dad. I'm 19 years old now, and am an underground rapper who called myself "Rapmonster," but it used to be "Runch Randa."

I met Jin at University. We both had similar desires, so we collaborated. We then fell in love. My dad is homophobic, but my sister seemed to be fine. Jin and I agreed to not tell our parents about our relationship in case, so my dad only thought of us as friends and studying partners. 

I would tell my dad I was going to the library to study or going out for lunch, but really I would be going to Jin's house, since his family was alright with it. 

"Dad, I'm going to the library, then I'm going to Jin's because we need to study," I told him. He agreed to it but warned me not to do anything else but study. 

"You're not really going to study, are you," My sister whispered and laughed, and I nodded, putting a finger above my lips to indicate her to keep it a secret. I drove my car to Jin's and he let me in. His mother greeted me after him.

"Hi Namjoon, would you like anything to drink maybe?" Jin's mom asked, I kindly refused. Jin grabbed my hand and walked upstairs, with me being lead behind him. 

"Another mission accomplished," he laughed. "Yeah," I replied. I went in to give him a kiss, and he hugged me tight. I wish that this could last forever, but sadly it couldn't, so we made the most of it. I pushed forward and he fell back into his bed and sighed, while I nipped his jaw. "Namjoonie!~"

Suddenly my phone vibrated. I continued indicating to him I was going to ignore it, but then it rang. I stopped kissing Jin, making him pout, and checked who it was, and surely enough, it was my dad.

"Yeah aeboji?" I asked, picking up the phone. 

"You left your pencil case in your room, would you like me to drop it off?" He asked. 

"Nah, I can just use Jin's, bye," and then I hung up. "Now where was I?" I asked rhetorically and it earned a smirk from Jin, and continued to kiss him. 

~*~

The next morning I woke up before Jin because of my alarm on my phone. Jin was snuggled against my chest and my arm was around him, and weren't wearing anything. I groaned and held up my phone to check the time and see that it was 8am. I sighed and then heard Jin wake up. "We can keep sleeping," he told me, and I decided to close my eyes again. Wait- I suddenly got up and reached for my phone to call dad, only for him to call me first. 

"What's going on?" Jin asked. I ignored and picked up the phone.

"Abeoji I can expl-"

"Kim Namjoon where were you?! I was worried as hell!-" I heard him shout.

"Abeoji, I fell asleep trying to study!" I told him.

"You could've at least said you might sleep over! I thought you were kidnapped or something!" He shouted. 

"I'm sorry, look I'll come in an hour," I told him, but he then suddenly hung up.

"Sorry babe, I gotta get up and go home or abeoji might get mad," I told Jin. He got up as well and we put on our boxers. 

"I need to go take a quick shower," Jin said. "There's, well you know-" I nodded indicating I knew what he meant, and he went into the bathroom. I put on the rest of my clothes only to hear the door knock. Someone from downstairs opened the door, and I heard my dad's voice. "-" I quickly said. I suddenly heard marching up the stairs and my shirt wasn't on yet. Where is it...where is it... Suddenly the door opened, and my dad walked in. "What are you doing without a shirt on?" He asked.

"I was just changing clothes...I-"

"Is that a used !?" my dad pointed to the floor to find an old, used , Why didn't we put it in the bin!? "Kim Namjoon you have some explaining to do-"

"Namjoonie, the shower is cold without you~" Jin called after his shower and opened the door. He stood outside with a towel around and saw my dad and made eye contact with him. He made eye contact with me after and I knew I was ed.

I put on my shirt and grabbed my bags before my dad grabbed my wrist hard and dragged me outside and into the car.

"Abeoji, I'm-"

"Don't talk to me, Dongseong-aeja!" he shouted firmly and I instantly silenced myself. As soon as we got home he grabbed a belt and whipped me a few times really hard. Afterwards my whole back was filled with red slashes. He then confiscated my phone and told me I could only leave my room to go to the bathroom and school. I was severly punished. It's what you get for liking guys.

About a week after the incident, my dad had to leave the house for a few hours for work, so I was alone with my sister. I sneaked out and grabbed the hotline phone and called Jin. After a few seconds, he picked up.

"Namjoonie is that you? I was so worried, it's been a week and I-"

"Run away with me."

"W-what?" Jin asked through the phone.

"Let's pack our bags, and move somewhere by ourselves, just the two of us, we can start a new life together, I'm sick and tired of all these boundaries!" I cried out. I took a few breaths and spoke again. "Jin, please. Let's run away, run away with me, leave our limited lives behind us and we can go for the unlimited, together, because...I love you, so much." 

"I love you too," Jin replied. We sat in silence, while I knew he was thinking through the idea, and then he spoke. "I'm in."

I put away my hotline phone and grabbed a bag. I put in a few changes of clothes, a hat, my pencil case, and my wallet. I left everything else behind. I reached for the top cabinet where my phone was hidden and went to the door.

"You're really going to run away with him?" My sister asked from behind me. I nodded, "I love him, and I can't stay like this. If dad asks, tell him he'll never see me again, and please take care of him. I love you too," I told her, then I left. I could tell she began to cry, but what could I do?

I took the bus to Jin's house, and waited for him to come outside with his bags. He was planning on moving out anyways, so his family was fine with it. He then came out, "Let's go," he said. We took a bus to a whole new city, where we started our new lives together, with nothing to stop us now. 

We booked an apartment that wasn't too expensive and used the money we raised in our jobs. After moving in we laid down in bed together, when suddenly he spoke.

"Namjoonie, I'm scared."

"Of what?" I asked.

"Of starting a new life. How are we gonna get money to pay for rent and that stuff?" He asked. 

"We can figure it out. We should make a duo group to perform our music and make money off that," I said, "Doesn't that sound great?" I added. 

"Yeah.That sounds fun," he laughed. I kissed his forhead and he snuggled closer before we fell asleep with our lives ahead of us.

 

I guess you could now see why we called ourselves, "The Runaways," since we were legit runaways. We've been living away together for a year and we've been earning money by performing in pubs and restaurants. It was hard, but we had together, and that's what I enjoyed the most. 

"Namjoonie, where are we performing?" He asked.

"There's this wedding," I told him. "Got any song ideas?" 

"I'll have a look at our song book," he replied. We finished our breakfast and got changed into casual clothes. We headed out to a pub downtown where we were performing. Everyday we perform there we get about 100,000 won, and we've been living off that ever since. This was our first time performing in a wedding and apparently there were going to be lots of people. I couldn't contain myself from how excited I was. 

 

Hoseok POV

My sister was trying to find someone to perform in her wedding. Most the people she called were already booked on that day, and now she was desperate. She then called these guys called, "The Runaways," and hoped they would do it. My sister put the phone on speaker, while I listened.

 "Yeboseyo?" The man asked through the phone.

"Hi there, we have a wedding on Friday the 12 of July, and we were wondering if you could perform," Noona asked. I crossed my fingers.

"I guess we can," The man replied. "And how much would we be payed?" he asked.

"640,000 won" Noona replied. She really was desperate to ask for that much for a 3 minute performance. The man said he would accept it, and then Noona hung up. We both got up and started jumping excitedly. "He seems like a really nice guy!" Noona laughed. "Apparently he's your age."

"Maybe I have a new friend!" I replied, my grin stretching out. 

I ran to my room and called V. "We got performers," I immediately stated.

"Jinjja? That's great!" He replied. "I'm looking forward to the wedding!" 

I really couldn't wait either.

 

~~~

Okay I lied. Maybe not 3,000 words, but that was a NamJin chapter with a cute scene and a backstory. <3

Thanks for reading!~~~