Pretending

You're My Diamond

Jimin POV

All my emotions left my body. I didn't know how to feel right now, and my mind was full of confusion. A cardiac tumor? It didn't sound good.

"Could you please explain more, Dr Kwon?" Eomma asked. He sighed loudly and spoke.

"It's something that happened most likely from genetics, or from abnormal regulation of his cell divisions, he probably didn't do anything to get it," he stated. "This Cardiac Tumor is Malignant, meaning it is basically Heart Cancer." Cancer you say?

"Is it curable?" she asked again.

"We can't do anything now, because it's not strong yet, and it could damage something, so if we're doing surgery it will have to be at the estimated time of the middle of next year," he said. "We can't decide now whether or not it is curable, as we have to wait for it to develop."

"What can we do then?" She questioned.

"Come visit us every month so that we can keep an eye out on the development, but other than that you're just doing to have to wait and see what happens."

We stood up slowly and bowed at the doctor, while he gave us a piece of paper.

"This is your perscription, it reduces the pain and chances of receiving those heart pains you're getting," he informed. Eomma and I left and took the taxi home. Neither of us were speaking since we were still in such shock. I was overthinking to the point where I was getting headaches. How bad is it gonna get? Will it ever go away? What can I do? Suddenly my expression grew even worse. What...would Kookie think?

I couldn't and wouldn't let him know. I don't want to break that precious heart of his, and I wanted him to think I was okay. I was still unsure whether or not I should tell my other friends but this is something I can take my time on deciding on.

I then remembered that I have a date with him at 4, so I walked inside to rest before I go. Jihoon was staring at me wondering what was up.

"So, what did the doctor say?" he asked Eomma and I. It was so quiet that I could hear a pin drop. I was about to tell him, but Eomma interrupted.

"Jimin has a heart tumor," she said briefly. Jihoon went silent and thought for a moment, then spoke again.

"Is it curable?" he asked, and all she did was shrug. 

"Jimin, we're going to buy what's in the perscription tomorrow, but for now, please relax," she told me. I walked over to my room and fell on my bed, placing my hand on my chest and rubbing it slowly. My phone vibrated, so I picked it up to read it.

"I can't wait!" Jungkook texted. I smiled but then immediately began to sob slowly.

"Me neither" I texted back. I put my phone down and stuffed my head under my pillow, praying quietly.

 

Jungkook POV

I got ready for my small date with Jimin and watched my phone. I was waiting patiently for when he said he would arrive. 

"I'm here :)" he texted.

I ran out of my house with my phone and greeted him. He stood there with a bright smile and I smiled back. 

"Let's go," he stated. He grabbed my hand and held it tight, a bit too tight. We were walking and I kept looking at him. There was something...off. 

"Are you okay Jiminie?" I asked him.

"Oh, yeah I'm fine," he answered, and laughed. I just wanted to enjoy the date, so I stopped worrying. We arrived at the park when suddenly a million flashbacks hit me.

"This was where we used to play as kids," I said. I looked around the park and everything was exactly the same, except there were different kids and that it appeared smaller because of my growth.

"This place right here is my childhood," Jimin told me. We walked around with our fingers still laced together and admired every corner and area. We shared memories and stories about every single detail and laughed together.

"That was where..."

"I got those bullies to piss off," I interrupted. Suddenly we began to laugh even louder and then looked around to see a group of boys slightly older than us, staring. We ignored them and continued to have fun. They probably had something against us, but it was their problem. They didn't stop staring, and it was bothering me. They even began to laugh. I scoffed and turned to Jimin.

"What's their problem?" I asked Jimin.

"They're just not very accepting, those idiots," Jimin answered. 


I got back home safe and sound, and Abeoji was in front of the door, stopping me.

"Have you finished your homework? Your exams are coming up soon, so you need to get ready," he stated.

"I've done my homework, I was about to go study now," I said, and walked past him to get to my room. It was 6pm, and the sun has already set. I the table lamp and placed my books that were measured in tonnes on my table. My first exam was Math, which is in January. I learnt all the things that I was stuck on before and did a little bit everyday so that I wouldn't get stressed out.

Almost a week passed and I didn't receive many calls or texts from Jimin. Maybe he was just busy... It was now mid November and I was crossing my fingers. Abeoji came into my room one day.

"Jungkook, I've got a surprise," he began. I sat up straight on my chair and listened carefully.

"We've found a girl suitable for you, well actually...we've known her for a while now," he stated.

"Who?" I asked.

"Nam Jiyeon, the vice-president's daughter. You've met her a few times when you were younger, but you couldn't now since she is also struggling with her exams," he told me. 

"So what are we going to do about it?" I asked him.

"We were thinking that you two should meet next month, so I'm trying to arrange something," he said and left the room. Nam Jiyeon? I could remember her vaguely, however I wasn't interested. I was only interested in Jimin. Period.


Jimin still wasn't texting or calling me, and I started growing worried. What if Jimin doesn't want to talk to me for some reason? I grabbed my phone and texted him.

"Hey, how are you?"

I waited for my phone to buzz back, which it did in a few minutes time.

"Good, how about you?" he asked me. I typed in my answer.

"Good as well, say you haven't been talking much recently, are you busy?" I asked him, raising an eyebrow.

"I've been a bit busy, yes."

I suddenly remember that he went to the doctors and that I didn't ask about it.

"I completely forgot you went to the doctors! So how was it?" I hope that I wasn't too late in discussing this matter.

"It's fine. They gave me some medicine and hopefully it will be cured in a few months time :^)" 

I was so relieved. I was glad that it wasn't cancer or anything, because if it was it would crush my life. 

"That's great to hear ^.^"


I want to make a note to you guys:

I don't want any of my subscribers to be upset or anything because of a comment or action I made, because you probably take it the wrong way. Since the situation in the story so far is getting more serious, of course we're not happy about what's going on. If I'm acting happy, it's not from the story or anything. I'm probably happy because of a comment you made, and if I reply in a laughing matter, it's because I like to give cliffhangers so it makes me feel...cheeky? Idk, don't worry guys, I'm not laughing because Jimin has cancer or anything.

Malignant Cardiac Tumor - 25% of all Cardiac Tumors are Malignant. It is a rare tumor which is common in genetics and natural causes. 

Anyways, thanks for the upvotes, for reading and subscribing, and COMMENTING (I've been getting so much more comments lately) EVERYONE HAS JAMS~

WHO WANTS VHOPE ??

THESE QTs

bts-gif-maknae-bangtan-boys-Favim.com-39