Big Opportunities

You're My Diamond

Seokjin POV

December finally came. It was the last month of the year and the month of Christmas, New Years Eve, and most importantly, my birthday.

The three days before my birthday were all spent on performances that Namjoon was urging me to do well for. 

"It earns money, and money equals a sustainable lifestyle," he smiled.

"And lots of lubrication," I answered seriously. He simply rolled his eyes and laughed. We were performing our latest song these three days, and we've even managed to put our albums on iTunes, which was insane.

The day of my birthday was all about me being spoilt. All of my friends suggested I threw a party, but I wasn't much of a party person, and Namjoon knew that very well. Instead all he did was buy a cake, sing happy birthday, and act with me.

"It's like it's become a tradition," I told him, biting into my cake.

"What is?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"That we have to be to each other on our birthdays," I said.

"You're right," Namjoon smiled. "It just happens."

"I know, it's like we don't do anything other than perform on stage and perform in bed," I cracked up. "After all, we're good at both, Mr. Monster."

"Did you just..." Namjoon dragged out, but then smirked. I sighed and chuckled. 

"No Joonie, wait until I digest my food, I don't wanna vomit while ing you," I complained.

"Fine, let me know when you're ready," he winked.

 

Yoongi POV

It was still shocking that I was performing this month. Ever since November, my practices have been hardcore. I want to get this right, to show off a good first impression of what I can do. I got emails from the couple telling me information, such as how many people were coming, what the conditions were, what I was recommended to wear, how big the stage was, and lots of pictures.

I made sure that I would present myself well and that people can see how hard I've worked hard on my song.

 

Jimin POV

I called up on Jin to make sure that he was having a good day today because I knew that it was his birthday. I also called Rapmon and told him to give Jin the best birthday possible.

Because of Jungkook's assignments and externals, I wasn't occupied with anything other than my job. However, Jungkook just happened to call me today, and I picked up, wondering what was on his mind.

"Hey, how are you?" I asked.

"Really good! I have good news!" He cheered though the phone. 

"Really? What is it?" I questioned eagerly. If Jungkook was this happy, it's something I definitely needed to know about.

"Okay, so," he started. "You know how I've always wanted to become an artist and have it as a career rather than a businessman or politician?"

"Yeah."

"Well, what happened actually might get me a few steps closer!" he stated. "Someone got recognition of my art and it's going to be displayed in a gallery opening! Do you know how much this means to me?" 

This was absolutely amazing. After all his hard work and effort, he got what he deserved, which was presenting his art. 

"This is amazing! I'm so proud of you," I smiled. 

"Thanks so much! It's on Saturday this week, so can you come please?" he pleaded.

"Of course I will!" I grinned, and hung up the phone and sighed of happiness. I wanted to ask the others to go to the event as well, but Jungkook didn't seem to ask me to do that, so I've decided not to.

Another thing was Suga's performance at the wedding wasn't far away at all. It's actually on Saturday, and I was planning to go with everyone else to see him. 


I woke up on Wednesday to the sound of my brother being extremely loud. Unsatistied, I got up at 4:30 in the morning to see him on the phone while trying to make food. He seemed very occupied and I had to scold at him for waking me up almost an hour early.

"Hey! I'm trying to sleep if you don't mine!" I complained.

"This is important," he stated.

"No it's not. Banging the plates on the table while almost screaming on the phone is not important!"

"Yes, it is," he ordered. "It's for a radio competition."

"I swear Jihoon, find something better to do at 4 in the morning," I sighed. I went back to bed and laid flat on the hard bed trying to go to sleep. It was cold in my room, which didn't make things any easier. I tried my best to fall asleep, but I just couldn't, so I just got up. 

"Oh come on! I didn't make much noise this time!" Jihoon defended.

"I didn't wake up because of you, I just can't get back to sleep," I told him, grabbing an apple. "We gotta leave in half an hour anyways, so no point."

Jihoon exhailed and fell flat on his stomach on the couch, fiddling with a nearby pen. I watched him as he spun the pen on his fingers, but my attention came back when he spoke.

"Will you...ever think of telling him?" he asked, and this question hit me hard. I knew that by "him," he meant Jungkook, and the telling part was of my heart, but the question was really hard. Once again, if I told him, it would break him, but he was going to find out sooner or later, and it was going to be hard to keep it from him for as long as possible.

"I mean...he's bound to find out sooner or later," Jihoon continued. I answered with silence and he understood that I would rather not answer that question.

"You have lots of time to think about it," Jihoon stated, before getting off the couch and putting the pen back on the table. He walked out the door and the smartest answer was that he was going to work. I've decided to grab my jacket and follow him so that I could get to work as well.

 

Jungkook POV

I've never felt so excited before! This was a huge opportunity to show the world what I've got! I've never felt this good in a while, and I really couldn't wait for Sunday. The man who offered me the place said he was going to call me later to give me details.

"Jeon Jungkook-nim?" a man asked. He was about my height and middle aged, with small eyes. "May I have a word with you?"

I followed him to where he wanted to take me. I was at school on a regular Monday, and I recognized the teacher as one of the art teachers, who also happened to work professionally outside of school.

"I've seen your work, and honestly you have some talent," he started. "I think your style in art is great, and I want to ask if you would like to collaborate with me in my upcoming art gallery opening on Sunday with some of your best work."

My eyes beamed and grew slowly, while my mouth gaped in surprise. What's this all of a sudden? Take the chance!

"That sounds great!" I smiled. "Thank you so much."

"No problem, bring your work over on Sunday morning at the Seoul Art Gallery, and we'll find some places for you," he smiled. 

I got home almost skipping from how bubbly I was. I was going to immediately call Jimin and tell him about this, because I really wanted him to come and see this amazing opportunity that I'm about to get.

I walked to my art station and looked around to choose some of my good artwork so that I could present it. I then made the decision and placed them neatly in  large box and set it aside. I was just really hoping that the people would enjoy and appreciate it.


AISH LATE UPDATE

I've been busy, but it's the last week of school until my 2 week break so I'll try get more time >o<

The story from now on is going to be a bit harder to write as I'm still not even half way through it (I know, shocking)

Thanks for reading, subbing, upvoting, commenting etc. Everyone has got jamseu 

In the mood for a NamJin gif? <33 (thirsty RM)

tumblr_o06edmJMNy1qhn9ieo10_r1_400.gif