My Big Chance

You're My Diamond

Jimin POV

Since I got Daehyun's contact, we've been talking non-stop on our phones. It was to the point where I would get home from work excited just to talk to him. It's been a few days, and I had to cancel our plans with V a couple of days ago because my manager had to see me for something important. He's decided to give me 25% more money if I do a couple of extra streets, which I agreed to. I suddenly got a text from him.

"Hey, since you couldn't go the other day, wanna hang tonight?" He asked me. I grinned and nodded to myself.

"Sure, V's house?" I texted, and he replied instantly.

"Yup :^)" 

Right after he sent the text, I got a call from Jungkook.

"Hey Jungkookie," I smiled.

"Hey, I'm free for a couple of days, school's giving me days off. Wanna hang later?" He asked me. I then remembered my plans with Daehyun and V.

"Actually Jungkookie, can we make it tomorrow?" I asked him. 

"Hm, how come?" He questioned.

"I have something on later today with V and Daehyun, I'm sorry," I told him, trying to sound as apologetic as possible.

"Oh...it's fine," he answered and hung up. I sighed and immediately Daehyun called.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Oh, I just called to say I'm so excited! Say, so it's just you, me and V, right?" He asked me.

"Yup, at V's house, 5pm," I confirmed and he agreed to it, before hanging up. 

Later at 4:30, I walked over to V's house. V opened the door and stood next to him was a very happy Daehyun.

"Hey," they both laughed.

"Oh...hey! What's funny?" I asked them.

"I was trying to give Daehyun a nickname, like how we did it with J-Hope and stuff," V grinned. Daehyun's getting a nickname?

"So what ideas do you have?" I asked him.

"Daedae, as in 'yeah yeah," V grinned.

"Daedae? That's cute," I smiled. "Well then, I guess you're Daedae now."

Daejung cringed and blushed at the same time. "What's your nickname?" He asked me.

"Oh, Chim Chim," I smiled. From then on he was calling me Chim Chim and I was calling him Daedae. For most the time, we were playing video games with V. V suddenly got a call, so he had to pick it up. He was on speaker, so I heard everything.

"Oh, Hobi hi...what's up?" I heard V say.

"Did you forget?" J-Hope asked through the phone. 

"Forg- oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" V apologized loudly. "I got distracted with Chim Chim and Daedae and-"

"Daedae? Did you give Daehyun a nickname?" J-Hope asked.

"Yes, well- Hobi I'm so sorry, I mean it!" V cried out. 

"It's...fine, we can rearrange it for tomorrow, right?" J-Hope asked.

"Yes...yes! Definitely!" V cried out. He felt so bad, from what I could see, he made plans with J-Hope but didn't carry them out because of Daehyun and I. V hung up and sighed loudly, falling back onto his bed. "I feel so bad..." he wailed. I patted his back and suddenly thought of Jungkook. Now I felt bad, because I was cancelling his plans for Daehyun, but what could I do? He came back after...how long? About 8 years, and I haven't seen him since then, so I wanted to spend some time with him. I'm glad I rearranged things for tomorrow, because I still need to give Jungkookie some attention. 

 

Yoongi POV

Today was a quiet day. I've finally finished my whole song, thanks to Rapmon and Jin helping me out. I was now just working out the piano and playing random notes. I really wanted to perform this song, like, as a big performance. The only problem was that I wasn't very confident performing in front of others, but I needed to overcome that fear. And I realized that most when I got a phone call.

"Yeboseyo?" I asked.

"Is this Min Yoongi?" The man questioned.

"Yes, it is. How may I help you?" I said.

"I'm the manager of a performance workshop, where your friends Namjoon and Jin schedule perfomances. I got a call earlier from them saying that you have a good song written and ready to perform. Would you like me to book a stage for you?" he asked me. My eyes bulged but immediately I replied.

"Sure, could you make it in 1 or 2 months time?" I asked. 

"Yes, we have a big one on December 19th, would you like one then?" He suggested.

"Yes, where will it be?" 

"The couple are currently unsure, but I have your contact so I can call you when we find out. Thanks for your time," he said and hung up. This was my first performance, and I could be getting payed for it. It sounded fun, so immediately I called Rapmon.

"Yeboseyo?" He greeted.

"Rapmon, I've got a time arranged, December 19!" I smiled.

"Jinjja? That's great! I'll tell Jin now," he said, and left the phone for a few seconds. "We're coming over," he said and hung up. "Wait wha-" but the phone was off. Well, apparently they're coming over now. 

~*~

About half an hour later, they arrived at my door. As soon as I opened it, Jin pulled me in for a tight hug.

"You did it! You did it! You did-" 

"Jinnie, calm down," Rapmon laughed. Jin let go of the hug and I stood there staring at them. "What's up with you guys, you seem so excited..."

"Excited! I'm more than excited! Suga. this is your first big performance on your new song! You get payed!" Jin yelled.

"How much?" I asked.

"It depends on where, when, and what," Rapmon grinned. "I'd say at least 400,000 won if you do well."

"We make a living out of it, so it all goes into our rent money," Jin smirked. I sat down on a chair and put my head into my hands. "B-But what about..."

"Suga, you'll do fine. We can help you overcome that anyways," Rapmon stated.

"Well...how?" I asked.

"First, you need to perform in front of us. Then your friends, and then eventually you'll be able to do it in front of more people," Jin started. "And remember to make sure that you've practiced well, or else you might be skeptic of whether or not you'll perform it right." I nodded while understanding, and then offered them to stay for a bit to talk. They suddenly brought up Daehyun.

"Have you noticed how much attention Daehyun is giving to V and Jimin? It's like he's obsessed or something..."

"Well, yes. But that's normal, if you haven't seen your friends in years," I laughed.

"True, you've got a point," Jin grinned. "So anyways, why don't you perform in front of us now? The whole song," Jin suggested.

"Okay fine, come with me," I told them and went to my crappy keyboard. I turned up the volume and began to rap.

 I ran while only looking forward
without any chance to look around me
at some point I became the pride of my family
and to some extent, I succeeded
suddenly the thought comes up
around the time of puberty
then, I was young and nothing scared me
a few setbacks, that really was nothing

the things that changed, my height that’s grown some since then
and compared to that age, I’m more mature
the basement in Namsa-dong, from that studio
my beat has been laid all the way to Apgujeong, the origin of youth

everyone around me said it, don’t go overboard
if you act like a know-it all thinking you’re going to make music,
you’ll destroy your home
from that time I didn’t care, no matter what anyone said
I’d only live for my interests and my passions
from your point of view how am I doing now?
from your point of view how am I
what I want to ask to the people who prayed for me to up
do I seem like I destroyed my home, you bastards?

I don’t give a
I don’t give a
like I said a hundred times a day
“don’t worry about me”
I can taste failure and setbacks and bow my head
we’re still young and immature, tie up all those worries

moss grows for sure on a stone that doesn’t roll
if you know you can’t go back, now you can win over all those mistakes
never mind
it’s not easy, but engrave it on your chest
if you seem like you’re going to crash, step harder, kid
Come on
never mind, never mind
no matter how thorny the path is, run
never mind, never mind
there are a lot of things in the world that you can’t help, you better
Never mind, never mind
if it seems like you’re going to crash, step harder, kid
never mind, never mind

we’re too young and immature to give up, kid

If it seems like you're going to crash, step harder, kid

if it seems like you’re going to crash, step harder, kid

Nevermind."

~~~

Yiiee, he's performing Nevermind!!~ (I'm really hating the text size change thing wtf)

Hope you enjoyed the quickly-updated chapter, next chapter wont  be out until tomorrow (sings BTS tomorrow) so be patient my children.

Thanks for upvotes, reading, subbing, y'all got jams <33 

JiKook-moment-jikook-bts-39412328-480-27