Different Worlds

You're My Diamond

Hello new readers! A quick note, until the end of September, I am editing some of the characters names so that it can fit with real life Korean celebrities. To avoid confusion, at the bottom of Chapter 54 are the name changes, so if you see an unfamiliar character name, simply go to the page and you will know which character they are. Enjoy the story!! ^.^

///////////////////////

Jimin POV:

"Oi Jimin, your paycheck is on the basin. Lock the doors when you leave." 

Yes, this is my job. The cleaner of a public bathroom. I didn't have much talent, so I needed a job that was enough to feed my family. I work 42 hours a week, and get payed about 80,000 won for that. It's enough to pay for me an my brother's homeschool education and enough to feed my family and provide heat. I've been working since I was 12 years old. My father passed away when I was 7 and my mother has to look after my brother, so I'm the man of the house. My best friend Taehyung is my very humble friend I made at the playground. He's from a regular family, who seem very fond of us.

I changed back into my regular, rugged clothes and stuffed my janitor uniform in my backpack. I finished wiping the basin before grabbing my backpack and my paycheck. I locked the door behind me and walked off to my small home. 

"Eomma, I'm home."

I stepped into my house and looked around. It had an old kitchen, a very dusty couch, and no cable TV. I looked down to see my mother and my younger brother asleep on the floor in their thin mattresses. I smiled, grateful for my sweet family. I looked at the table to find 2 loaves of bread with cheese and vegetables, my usual meal. I sat down and prayed, before taking my first bite. I took a quick glimpse at the TV, which was still on. We only had 2 local news channels, and one of them caught my attention. On the screen was a young, rich boy who everyone knows as Jeon Jungkook, the son of the president of the country, Jeon Kwangmin. He was walking outside his house, with paparazzi taking pictures of him everywhere he looked. I couldn't stop staring at him. He was beautiful in every way. From his perfect eyes, to his gracious lips. He was a boy I really wished I was like. He is very spoilt, but he seems like a nice guy, but I'm sure that wasn't portrayed much by the media. 

"He certainly is a lucky boy isn't he?" I heard. My mom finally woke up.

"Yeah he is, Jungkook-nim," I replied. My mom knows I'm homoual. She's quite accepting of it, though. In Korea, homoual people aren't as respected. I was often called "" or "Gay" or "-er" on the playground, which was one of the reasons and ways I got bullied. 

I've actually met Jungkook-nim before. It was on the playground, and I was 10 years old.

 

"Go away, "

"You don't deserve to be in the presence of Jungkook-nim, -er!"

"Dirty gay idiot!"

And then they kicked me hard in the stomach. I was weak and helpless.

"Why don't you run off to your mom and your dead dad at home! Fatty!"

They continued to kick me with all their might, as I layed on the ground, unable to retaliate, tears falling from my eyes. Jungkook-nim was watching from the benches, eyeing me. Suddenly they stopped, after they saw who was behind him.

"Oi, go pick on someone your own size," Jungkook ordered. The boys obeyed and walked off, muttering words. 

I stood up and dusted myself off, before bowing in front of Jungkook-nim. Words couldn't describe how thankful I was of him. "Gamsahabnida, Jungkook-nim." I told him, trying to sound as polite as possible.

"No need to thank me," He replied in a monotone. He sighed, before speaking again "You shouldn't come here anymore, it's not safe for needy people like you." 

I nodded in agreement, wiping off my dried-up tears, before walking off. I turned around to glance back at Jungkook-nim, but he disappeared. That was the first and last time Jungkook-nim and I communicated.

 

I took a deep breathe and exhaled. He saved me before, and I was really thankful. I want to meet tim again. Unfortunately I'm not worth his time, as he's probably too caught up in his expensive private school-work trying to become successful like his father. Well, one could only hope. 

"Jungkook-nim, what are your plans for when you become a senior?"

"Just become successful like my father, possibly president, and get good education. This is a message to everyone, stay in school."

"Isn't he just great? He's handsome too, and so young!" My mother exclaimed. I rolled my eyes and chuckled to myself. I turned off the TV and the lights, before falling asleep on my cold bed.

 

Jungkook POV

 

Work, work, work, work. This was all I got nearly 24 hours a day. My schedule would always be full, and I would never have time to be a regular person. From the environment I was used to, I was quite a stubborn person who wished to achieve high success, but that was mostly just to impress my father. He doesn't really notice me, you see. He's too busy being all high-class and making plans with reporters, businessmen, etcetera. I wasn't like other kids. I didn't have play-time with my dad, or even get to play ball with him. He's occupied, while I sat alone. I also really wished that people would just call me Jungkook, instead of Jungkook-nim, as if it was written like that on my birth certificate. I didn't have any real friends, which was almost a necessity for children. I grew up in the influence of rousing my father and getting other people's attention. He would book me into library sessions, piano lessons, chess club, you name it. I had to look like someone everyone looked up to and respected.

 "Jungkook-nim, you have some papers from the Secretary of the South-Korean Government, and the Deputy President. Then, you have chess club at 5, and after you have a meeting with your senior, then dinner. Any questions?"

I shook my head. "Good. In the meantime, your father advises you to do your school homework." The butler left after that being said. Yes, that was how my father and I communicated most the time. Through letters or messages, how social. The only other times we would speak would be in meetings. 

I sighed and massaged my temples. I needed a day off. Just one day to relax and not think about any business meeting or anything. The only "day off" I got was in Christmas, but I hated Christmas. And it was barely a day off! Just a few gifts and no meetings. I still had extra lessons and papers to read. I furiously clicked my pen on and off, causing it to break. I exhaled. I grabbed my books from my bag and began doing my homework. It was all Math and Business Management, both my least favorite subjects. My favorite subjects are Music and Art. I really loved to draw, and I actually want to become an artist, but my dad disapproves.

"If you want to really become successful, become president like me, or at least get into business. You'll get to have meetings and be respeected by everyone in Korea," my dad would tell me. I don't blame him, though. He just wants me to do well, but I really wished he would support me more.

"Jungkook-nim, the TV reporters are outside," The butler stated. I got out of my seat and fixed my hair and suit, before walking outside to act. I saw a woman with glasses push her microphone towards my face with a camera intruding my privacy.

"Jungkook-nim, what are your plans for when you become a senior?" She asked. Yes, I will be a senior in 1 month at school. I thought quickly and said something simple but inspirational.

"Just become successful like my father, possibly president, and get good education." I said, trying to sound serious. "This is a message to everyone, stay in school." WHAT WAS I THINKING!? "STAY IN SCHOOL?" WHO SAYS THAT?

"Ahh, another inspirational quote said by Jungkook-nim. I hope you heard that, students," The reporter stated as I sighed in relief. The camera turned off and everyone walked off as if nothing happened. It was typical to be on the news everyday. I walked inside and got upstairs to knock on my dad's office door.

"Enter."

I stepped inside, closing the door behind me. "Abeoji, can I have a word?"

"Sure, actually I want to talk to you," My dad replied. I took a seat and listened to what he had to say.

"Adeul, you know I have high hopes for you, and I only want you to get good money and succeed, you know that right?" My father stated. I nodded, agreeing. 

"Good. I've informed your principal to make you Head Boy of your school, and I will put you into Seoul National University to study business. How does that sound?"

Seoul National University? Business? This isn't what I wanted. I want to study art! It's like he has my whole life planned out on paper and is ordering me to do every single line of what he's written. 

I nodded, "That sounds great, Abeoji," I lied. I faked my smile. I wanted to talk to him about how I wanted to become an artist, but he looked too proud, so my words didn't come out. 

"So you wanted to say something?" My dad asked. 

"Actually, it's nothing really. Thanks for your time," I replied. I stood up and bowed, before walking to the door. 

"Adeul-" My father called me back. I turned around. "---I'm proud of you." he told me. I smiled, he's proud of me. No, he's not proud of me. This isn't me. This is who he wants me to be. I simply walked out and closed the door, my hopes and dreams crashing down in front of me. 

I walked into my room and looked at my watch. I then looked at a picture frame of my brother. He's not in Korea right now. He travels around the world leading Korea in the United Nations. He goes around doing interviews around the world and is getting in touch with my dad's orders with global businesses. My dad payed more attention to him than me, often surprising him with amazing gifs and blessing him with everything of the best. Since he is no longer in Korea, my dad is paying slightly more attention to me, but I know he still prefers my Hyung. 

My dad doesn't know I'm a homoual. I never focused on mates in the first place, so he was never suspicious. I was biual as a kid, until I realised I had no interest in females whatsoever, confirming I liked guys. My dad is quite homophobic, so me coming out would be his worst nightmare. For the past 6 years, I've been distracting myself so that there was no way he would suspect my ual orientation. He did mention once that he wanted me to marry a girl who was rich and high-class so that we could raise a powerful government. I wanted a man, though. 

What a blissful life.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, that was chapter one. It's basically an introduction on the main characters. I'm thinking of bringing in Taehyung and Jhope in the next chapter, and eventually Rapmon, Jin, and Suga. Anyways I hope you liked it ^.^

Jungkook's appearance is similar to him in the Season's Greetings 2016, and Jimin's appearance is like during the Beggar Photoshoot, just to give you an image for your head.

My brother is coming over from overseas tomorrow, so I might have a bit less time to write the FanFiction, but I'll do as much as possible.

There are a few typos here and there so I apologize for that.