Chapter 64

On the Brink of Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Henry walked through the front door, he knew instantly that something was wrong. The house was quiet and still; it almost seemed empty. He closed the door behind him and kicked off his muddy shoes before walking forward in search for any of his family. He headed to the living room first and there he saw Leeteuk and Heechul sitting with Sungmin and Eunhyuk. They all looked up when he entered the room and immediately Henry knew he was in big trouble now.

“You two can go now,” Heechul said to Eunhyuk and Sungmin. The two wordlessly got up and left the room, glancing only slightly at Henry as they passed by. Henry bit the inside of his lip timidly as he walked over to the couch to sit down. Heechul frowned slightly and glanced toward the foyer where Henry had just walked in from. He listened for a second to hear if Kibum was coming in, but then realized that he heard nothing.

“Where’s Kibum?” He asked firstly, wanting to know where his baby was. With the stalker on the loose, Heechul wanted to know where Kibum was at all time; hence why he’d told Henry to make Eunhyuk or Sungmin go with them to the park in the first place.

“He’s coming,” Henry replied, thinking that Kibum would have followed him home. Hearing this eased down the worry a little bit and Heechul nodded slightly.

“You understand why you’re in here,” Leeteuk told his son, not stating it as a question. Henry was smart, he knew when he did something wrong. He nodded his head slightly and looked down at his lap. Getting in trouble was one thing, but being spoken to in tone that meant his umma’s were disappointed in him was the worst feeling in the world.

“Because I didn’t listen to umma and left without Eunhyuk or Sungmin,” Henry said quietly, his lip quivering slightly. It wasn’t often he got in trouble, so when he did it always made things worse because it meant he screwed up big time.

“Henry, I told you to take one of them for a reason. I don’t want Kibum to be left alone; bad things could happen to him,” Heechul began, but stopped at that. He didn’t want Henry, or any of the others boys, to know that someone was after Kibum. It would only scare them and he didn’t want to worry them.

“What could happen?” Henry asked, thinking the worst. Leeteuk understood the issue with just a glance into Heechul’s eyes and came up with a solution.

“Kibum used to be addicted to drugs, Henry. We don’t want him to be alone because it would be so easy for him to just walk off and get drugs somewhere,” He said quickly. It wasn’t exactly a lie, but not completely the truth.

“Where is Kibum?” Heechul asked, glancing towards the door again. It had been five minutes; surely Kibum would have arrived by now?

“Henry, why’d you leave Kibum behind?” Leeteuk asked, only just realizing something must have happened. Henry would never just walk off and leave Kibum out in the rain alone for no reason. Confirming his thoughts, Henry frowned slightly and his brows furrowed a bit.

“We sort of…got in a fight,” He admitted softly. Heechul sighed, thinking this was going to be a complete repeat about what happened with Donghae a few months ago.

“What did you fight about?” He asked exasperatedly. Henry bit h is lip hesitantly and looked up at his parents with a confused look in his eyes.

“It was because yesterday Kibum told me about his sister that died and then while we were at the park he told me that it was him who killed her,” Henry told them.

Hearing this only increased Heechul’s worries. Kibum never talked about Dayeun and due to the problems in the past few days…well, it wasn’t something Heechul expected out of him. It only made him wander if Kibum was really as okay as he said he was.

“Henry, listen to me,” Heechul began. Henry nodded and looked at his mother expectantly. “Kibum did not kill his sister. She died because of an accident and Kibum blames himself. His mind has twisted reality because of the guilt. Kibum’s not a killer.”

Henry nodded slightly, feeling rather relieved. It had been so much of a shock to hear Kibum had killed his own sister. He would have never expected it from his friend. Kibum was always so sweet and innocent, killing just wasn’t in character. Because of his timid and shy personality, Henry felt stupid for evening believing Kibum in the first place.

“You’re grounded, by the way,” Leeteuk said, interrupting Henry’s thoughts. Henry didn’t argue this and accepted it maturely. Heechul sighed and glanced at the clock on the wall once again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter