Chapter 14

On the Brink of Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Because of the long night everyone slept really late the next day. The sun was up and shining brightly in the sky but Heechul and Donghae were still sleeping soundly. Kibum, however, was already awake. He didn’t know when he had woken up, but he had none-the-less and now couldn’t go back to sleep. So he rolled out of Heechul’s bed and went to take a shower and put on some fresh clothes because he felt yucky from yesterday.

He walked out of the bedroom and saw that Donghae was sleeping on the couch. He noticed that the older boy had no blanket so he went back to their room to get one and then drape it over Donghae. He glanced at the clock and saw it was almost noon and as of cue, his stomach gave a loud grumble. This was a surprise to himself since usually he was never hungry, but suddenly he was. He figured that he might as well make breakfast for everyone since they might wake up soon, so he headed to the kitchen and took out the ingredients to make pancakes, one of the only things he could actually make without blowing up the entire kitchen. While he cooked, he heard the sound of a cell phone ringing and by the sound of it, it was Donghae’s.

The older boy woke up on the second ring and groaned softly and blinked open his eyes. He rolled onto his side, nearly falling off the couch doing so, and reached onto the floor to where his phone had dropped.

“Y-Yoboseyo,” He said through a yawn.

“Donghae, when are you going to be here? I’m bored,” Eunhyuk answered from the other end. Donghae immediately snapped awake and sat up quickly.

“Uh, well, actually we haven’t even left yet. I just woke up, sorry,” He said apologetically.

“Awe, really? Hyung took Henry out to get his hair done and there’s nothing to do,” Eunhyuk complained.

“Sorry, I don’t know if we can come today though. I’ll go wake Heechul up and then call you back, okay Hyukkie?” Donghae said.

“Alright,” Eunhyuk agreed, and Donghae ended the call. He stood up and stretched his arms and yawned. Since he could hear noise from the kitchen and smelled something yummy he walked over and saw Kibum cooking breakfast.

“What are you doing awake?” He asked curiously, taking a glass from the cabinet and pouring himself some orange juice.

“I don’t know, but I was hungry,” Kibum answered, flipping the pancakes.

“That’s a first. I’m going to wake up Heechul,” Donghae replied, leaving the kitchen. He tiptoed over to Heechul’s room and pushed the door open slowly. Sadly for him, Heechul was sitting up in bed with his phone in hand texting away. Donghae sighed loudly and turned the lights on; he’d been looking forward to waking Heechul up as revenge for always waking him up in the middle of awesome dreams.

“Donghae, we’ll leave in an hour or two, but only if Kibum is feeling better,” Heechul said, standing up out of bed.

“He is,” Donghae assured him.

“You’re not Kibum,” Heechul replied.

“He’s making breakfast because he’d hungry. Obviously he feels better,” Donghae said as they walked out together.

“Kibum, are you feeling better today?” Heechul asked as Kibum brought a plate of pancakes over to the table. They all sat down and began to serve themselves.

“Yes, but I still feel all shaky,” Kibum replied, taking one pancake for himself.

“Well, eat some more and then the feeling will go away. Anyways, I wanted to ask you something,” Heechul said.

“What?” Kibum asked curiously, pouring syrup all over his pancakes so that it drowned in the sugary, gooey awesomeness.

“Last night at the hospital the doctor said there is a medication we could get you on to help with the detoxing. He said it blocks out all the symptoms like the headaches, nausea, and shaking, and that it helps decrease the need for drugs. Would you consider trying it out?” Heechul explained to him. Kibum thought about it for a moment as he chewed on a pancake and then shrugged.

“Maybe,” He replied.

“Well it’s completely up to you. You can keep suffering you or try to make it go away. But either way we have an appointment with a specialist later after we go to your school. So we need to leave soon to make it in time, its two hours to Leeteuk’s and back,” Heechul said.

“I’ll go get dressed then,” Donghae said, taking his empty plate to the sink.

“Hyung, I’ll do the dishes so you can get dressed too,” Kibum said.

“Thank you, Kibum,” Heechul said, patting his head. Kibum smiled softly up and him, liking the gesture. Heechul left to get dressed and Kibum quickly rinsed off and soaped the dishes.

Twenty minutes later they were in the car and headed out for the two hour drive. Kibum had snagged the front seat next to Donghae, leaving him in the backseat with his bag for the week. Kibum stared out the window as they drove. He thought about what Heechul had told him about the medication that supposedly was going to make things better. As much as he did want the dependency and craving for drugs to go away, he’d had more than enough experience with prescription drugs and he wasn’t sure he wanted to try again.

When they finally arrived at Leeteuk’s two hours later, Donghae quickly said goodbye and ran into the house.

“Hyukkie! I’m-“

“FISHY! You’re here!” Eunhyuk yelled loudly, coming out of nowhere and hugging him from behind. Donghae turned around with a smile on his face and gave his best friend a proper hug.

“I’m here,” He agreed. They both just stood there for about a minute with smiles on their faces and staring into each other’s eyes until they realized what they were doing and both looked away embarrassedly.

“So, Teuk will be back later tonight with Henry. You should see what he made Henry wear! It’s so funny he looks like a grown up,” Eunhyuk said laughing as they walked back to his bedroom.

“Well he is sixteen and already graduated, that counts as grown up,” Donghae reasoned as they climbed onto Eunhyuk’s bed to sit together.

“So what’s Kibum like? You haven’t told me much about him and Leeteuk won’t tell us anything,” Eunhyuk said eagerly. Donghae frowned and thought about that for a minute.

“Well…I’ve really only known him for two weeks

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter