Chapter 50

On the Brink of Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Honestly, it had only started out to be just a game; something to distract them from the complete boredom while Heechul and Leeteuk took the night off and went out for a few hours. Of course, it was Mir’s idea to begin with because he was just so bright and full of energy.

It was around nine-thirty and all the boys had gathered around the living room, because that was where Kibum was resting on the couch. Heechul had given in today and let him move downstairs, but now Kibum had to sleep on the couch as well. The six boys sat around for nearly an hour discussing various activities that they all could do without excluding Kibum, for the boy declared that if he didn’t get to play whatever they decided on too then he was going to tell on them when Heechul and Leeteuk came home. So all games like Hide and Seek or Tag were out of the question.

Everyone was too energized to sit down and watch a movie, and it wasn’t like they’d ever be able to all agree on one. But then it came time for Sungmin to give Kibum his medicine and Mir had gotten the most brilliant idea ever: Role Playing. His little fifteen year old mind decided that this was no longer a living room, it was the emergency room of a hospital. Sungmin was the doctor, Mir and Donghae were the nurses, Kibum was the y secretary that was a distraction, Henry was the crying mother, and Eunhyuk was the patient.

And it began now.

“Dr. Min! Oh, Dr. Min!” Donghae called out in a girly voice.

“Donghae, just because you’re a nurse doesn’t mean you have to be a girl,” Sungmin said disdainfully.

“Shut up, this is RPG!” Donghae replied with a glare.

“Hey, can we come in yet?” Henry asked, peeking his head through the doorway. Mir nodded enthusiastically and beckoned them in. Henry took a deep breath to get into character and then came running in, dragging Eunhyuk along with him.

“Help! Somebody help us! My son is…there’s something wrong with my son!” He exclaimed in his wishy-washy umma voice. Kibum sighed softly from the couch and wandered how the heck he got dragged into this game. But Mir sent him a look that said to play along.

“Sir, you have to sign a bunch of papers and documentations so that if your son dies you can’t sue us,” Kibum said, refusing to speak in a ‘y’ voice like Mir had instructed him to.

“What? No one at a hospital would say that, Kibum,” Sungmin said accusingly. Kibum turned slightly in his seat and gave the older boy a look.

“Who was just in the hospital? Not you. Now be quiet, I know what I’m doing,” He said haughtily, causing Donghae and Mir to silently crack up.

“Will someone please just help my son!? I think he has influenza! Or maybe pneumonia! Perhaps it’s the swine flu?” Henry said, turning the attention back on him.

“Sir, I already told you to fill out the papers!” Kibum chided playfully, throwing a pen and notepad at the Chinese boy.

“When do I get to come in?” Donghae asked hopefully from where he was standing behind the couch, his arms wrapped around Kibum’s shoulder comfortable.

“Now! Let’s go be nurses,” Mir said, pulling Donghae by the arm.

“Oh good, a nurse! Maybe you can help me,” Henry said with a grin.

“Well hey there, good lookin’” Donghae said, winking at Eunhyuk. Kibum buried his face in his pillow and giggled slightly, not wanting to disrupt the drama developing before him.

“Hey, Kibum’s supposed to be the y one! Stay in character, Donghae,” Sungmin said, still standing off to the side.

“You guys, this is stupid. Can’t we just play Hide and Seek instead?” Eunhyuk pleaded with his brothers. He just couldn’t get into this the way everyone else was.

“But that’s not fair to Kibum since he can’t move,” Mir said, plopping down on the couch next to his boyfriend.

“I have an idea,” Sungmin said, rejoining his friends.

“What?” Donghae asked him curiously as they all looked at the older boy wonderingly.

“Let’s play Truth or Dare,” Sungmin suggestive with a mischievous grin. They all seemed to think this was a good idea and gathered around the couch. Although Kibum couldn’t do the dares, so Mir pointed out, he had to stick with truths. Not that he minded, because he didn’t trust his brothers nearly enough to accept a dare from any of them. Especially Donghae and Henry.

“Let’s start with the youngest. Mir, truth or dare?” Eunhyuk said once they were all settled comfortable.

“Dare!” Mir said with a grin. Since he talked nonstop so much, there really wasn’t anyt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter