Chapter 18

On the Brink of Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It felt really awkward to be around people after just with Heechul and Donghae for so long. Kibum was not used to the rowdiness of Leeteuk’s house, but he was there for the next four days. They’d arrived about three hours ago but Kibum hadn’t left Heechul’s side. He was too shy and anxious to go hang out with the other boys. But thankfully Mir had abandoned him the minute they walked through the door for his ‘husband’.

It was really weird being there too. Kibum felt as if he was intruding on a family gathering and he just didn’t belong. He’d been introduced to Eunhyuk and Henry, and they seemed nice enough but…He just felt more comfortable staying with Heechul.

The day had grown late and it was past eight ‘o clock at night and dinner was long since over. Mir and the others had gone off to do who knows what and Kibum stayed glued to Heechul’s side in the living room with Leeteuk. To be honest, Kibum found himself at ease with Leeteuk and liking him a lot. Maybe it was because he was so much like Heechul or maybe it was because he was just so gentle and motherly towards Kibum. From the first hug, Kibum knew that he could trust Leeteuk as much as he did Heechul.

He wasn’t really paying attention to their conversation, something about Henry and his violin recitals from this week. Instead he leaned his head against Heechul’s shoulder and stared out blankly into space. His mind was in a whole other world, once again. He was doing this more often than usual ever since revealing the truth to Heechul the other day; it wasn’t that he was doing it on purpose, but after finally saying what happened to Dayeun so many memories of her just kept coming back to his mind and he couldn’t push them away. That and the headaches he was having because of the medicine (which honestly wasn’t even helping that well), Kibum was retreating to himself a lot.

“Kibum?”

He blinked his eyes and looked up at Heechul, who had apparently been trying to get his attention.

“You should go take your medicine now,” Heechul said, since it was getting late. Kibum nodded and stood up from the couch and slowly walked out of the living room.

“Is it even helping?” He heard Leeteuk ask quietly before he was too far away.

“Not really, and it’s giving him horrible headache. But let’s talk about that later,” Heechul said.

Kibum frowned softly and walked down the hallway to the guest room where his bag was. He ped it and reached inside for the bottle of pills and unscrewed the cap to dump one of the pills onto his hand. It was always a battle, mentally, to actually bring himself to pop it in his mouth and swallow it. Thinking back, he realized how high on drugs he’d been to actually had willingly taken someone else’s prescription drugs…he really felt ashamed of himself for doing something as stupid. I should have listened to Tiffany from the start. But then again, if I had…I never would have met Heechul. So really, it was a mix of emotion.

He sighed softly and glared at the large pill in his hand, willing it to shrink at least to the size of a pea. He felt his stomach twist and his throat close off because he really didn’t want to take it. The first time he’d tried he ended up puking it back up two seconds later. He pulled out his water bot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter