Chapter 12

On the Brink of Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

By the next morning, Kibum hadn’t gotten a wink of sleep. For hours he just lay in bed with Heechul, shaking and silently crying. It had been one of the worst nights of he’d had ever since his stay in the hospital in May. He'd had that dream before and it was just as realistic as ever and it had scared him quite badly. He wished that Heechul had stayed awake to keep him company, but he’d fallen asleep around two in the morning, leaving Kibum alone.

Now it was ten in the morning and Kibum was sitting on the couch next to Donghae, blankly staring at the wall in a trance because he was so tired. Heechul was in the kitchen making breakfast; there was a new rule now too. After the scare with the fainting yesterday, Heechul had decided that Kibum had to eat two meals a day, whether he liked it or not and even if Heechul had to force the food down his throat. Although he hoped it would come to that; the doctor’s appointment was at two-thirty and Heechul was going to ask the doctor for some type of medication or something to help Kibum gain weight.

Heechul called out to the two to come into the kitchen and eat. Donghae stood up and dragged Kibum to the table and they sat down together.

“Hyung, can I go see Eunhyuk soon? Like, this week? Please?” Donghae asked hopefully as he ate breakfast.

“We’ll see. Henry has a lot of recitals this week so Leeteuk is going to be busy,” Heechul answered.

“Exactly! Hyukkie isn’t going to them so he’s going to be home all alone and I could keep him company,” Donghae tried to persuad.

“You seemed to have this all planned out, don’t you? I bet Eunhyuk purposely is staying home so you two can spend a week together having a love fest. Oh just admit it, Hae, you’re in love with Eunhyukkie,” Heechul .

“I am not!” Donghae exclaimed, although the blush on his face said otherwise. Heechul just smirked and glanced over at Kibum, who was just picking at his food as always.

“Kibum, please eat a little more, okay? I don’t want you fainting again,” He said.

“I’m not hungry,” Kibum said, setting down his fork on the plate. He closed his eyes and leaned his head on his hand. He had a painfully throbbing headache right now, which he thought was he spent a good majority of the night crying.

“Just eat five more bites and you can be done,” Heechul told him. He knew Kibum would agree, since the boy did anything Heechul told him. But Kibum surprised him when he stood up and stomped to the bedroom and slammed the door shut.

He threw himself onto the bed and glared at the wall, willing it to burst into flames. Why did Heechul keep treating him like he was five? He wished Heechul would understand that he just wasn’t hungry and that if he kept forcing himself to eat it would make him feel sick. Kibum knew that it wasn’t healthy, his body could feel the effects of it, but he just couldn’t help it. He felt like some dumb girl with an eating disorder. He was so tired of feeling like this.

Back in the kitchen, Donghae was cleaning off the kitchen table and Heechul was doing the dishes. They both heard a thump coming from the bedroom, but Heechul told Donghae to just ignore it. He knew that Kibum was pissed off now and probably throwing his pillow around the bedroom, but at least he wasn’t hurting himself or taking it out on either of them. From what he read about people who were going through detoxification, anger often led to violence. So he was glad when Kibum would lock himself in the bedroom.

After they had finished cleaning up from breakfast, Donghae went out for awhile to go stroll around town. He grabbed his jacket from the closet, as October came to an end it was starting to get kind of chilly outside, and walked down the complex and outside. He smiled to himself as he breathed in the cool air and walked on crisp, fallen leaves from the trees. It was a nice day out, despite the dreary grey clouds the loomed in the sky. He shoved his hands in his pockets and walked down the sidewalk to where the shops were. He wanted to buy a present for Henry, a good luck charm of some sort for his violin recitals next week. He already knew that Heechul was going to let him go anyways.

He entered a shop and began to walk around, browsing the selections of key chains and random knick knacks. He grinned to himself when he came across the animal section and pulled several off the display case. There was a chipmunk one that resembled Henry, a monkey that looked like Eunhyuk, a puppy for Mir, a pink bunny one that just screamed Sungmin and a cute little blue fishy too. He grabbed them all up, unable to resist buying them, and went up to the counter to pay. He handed over the money and the cashier handed him a small bag with the key chains in it.

As he left the shop, he felt guilty that he hadn’t gotten Kibum one. But he didn’t really know anything about Kibum or what he liked. Donghae couldn’t think of an animal that resembled him either. Well he could but…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter