Chapter 74

On the Brink of Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kibum, let’s go. We’re going to be late.”

Kibum glared out the window in the living room but made no effort to move from his position. It was Friday, the day that he was supposed to start sessions with Jia. However, unlike Heechul who was completely ecstatic for him to go, Kibum point blank refused. He had no need to sit in a boring office for an hour and a half and talk about things that would make him cry. He’d rather just stay home and read his book, but no, Heechul insisted that he go.

“Kibum, now,” Heechul said sternly, waiting in the doorway with his purse slung over his shoulder. Kibum sighed, none too quietly, to show his annoyance and turned to face Heechul, annoyed look evident on his face.

“Hyung, I don’t want to go. I don’t need to go,” He said, crossing his arms irritably.

“Yes, Kibum, you do. You are depressed and you need help. You told me before that it’s hard for you to be happy, Jia can help you,” Heechul said, walking over to Kibum and pulling him off the couch. Keeping hold of his wrist, Heechul pulled him out of the house and to the car and they set off. Of course, Kibum didn’t give up during the drive; he was determined to get his way.

“I don’t need to go, I’m miraculously better,” He said, causing Heechul to chuckle.

“That’s nice, you’re still going. Just humor me, okay?” Heechul replied. Kibum huffed and rolled his eyes but the conversation ended there. The drive wasn’t much longer and when they pulled up to the office building Kibum eyed it wearily. Once the car was parked he followed Heechul inside to the waiting room, where Heechul went to the secretary. Kibum sighed and stood with his arms crossed and glared at Heechul’s back.

“Come on, Kibum,” Heechul said a few minutes later, pulling open a door that led into a hallway. Kibum glowered at him but followed after him none the less; he knew it was futile to argue now that they were here. Heechul led him to the end of the hallway and knocked on the door to the office.

“Oh good, you came,” Jia greeted as they stepped inside.

“I said I would bring him,” Heechul replied, placing his hands on Kibum’s shoulder comfortingly. Jia smiled warmly at him and beckoned them to sit down across from her.

“Well, let’s get started. Since this is your first visit and I know that you probably feel anxious and scared, Heechul is going to stay for this one. For future sessions, however, he will not be allowed. Here, Kibum, you will be able to talk about anything that’s going through your mind. It’s a safe place and everything you say stays within these walls. I’m bound by patient doctor confidentiality,” Jia began, leaning back in her chair.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter