Chapter 56

On the Brink of Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heechul walked down the stairs and headed into the kitchen. He sleepily went over to the counter and started the coffee machine, needing his morning dose of caffeine before Mir woke up. He muffled a yawn and shuffled to the front door and leaned out to grab the mail from the mail slot; it was still raining outside. He skimmed through it as he walked back into the kitchen, but it was mostly junk mail. There was a thick envelop for Kibum so Heechul tossed it on the counter and the rest into the trash. He grabbed a mug from the cabinet as the coffee machine beeped and poured himself some of the steaming hot liquid. He sighed contently after taking a drink, feeling awake and refreshed now.

The clock on the wall hit seven in the morning and it would be any minute now until Kibum and Mir sauntered in wanting breakfast so Heechul knew he needed to start making food for them. As he began to prepare a small pot of oatmeal, Heechul heard the sound of someone walking in. He glanced back and saw Kibum shuffling in tiredly, heading over to the table and collapsing down and burying his head in his arms like a pillow. Heechul smiled softly at him but turned his attention back to cooking.

“Hyung, m’sleepy,” Kibum mumbled aimlessly. Heechul chuckled a bit, feeling a warm and gushy inside; Kibum just had that cute effect on people when he first woke up.

“I know, baby; the rain makes you restless. You’re really like a cat, Kibummie,” Heechul said with a grin, turning off the stove. He opened a drawer and pulled out a pot holder so the pot wouldn’t burn the table. “Will you go and wake up Mir?” He asked Kibum. Kibum nodded and pushed himself away from the table and walked out of the kitchen.

He walked into the hallway and pushed through the door to Mir’s room, not bothering to knock. He the lights and without hesitation he jumped onto Mir’s bed, crawling over to the younger boy and wrapped his arms around him for the perfect morning cuddle.

“Gerroff my piwwow,” Mir grumbled, elbowing Kibum in the stomach. Kibum whined as Mir squirmed away from him, not wanting to lose the warmth he held.

“Mir, stop it,” He complained, holding on tighter. Unfortunately Mir was always in a bad mood if he was woken before he was ready, not to mention ten times stronger and so with one simple shove he pushed Kibum off the side of the bed, causing him to hit his head against the side of the nightstand. “Ouch, Mir! That hurt!” Kibum exclaimed, holding onto his aching head.

“Bummie, be quiet,” Mir groaned, tossing a pillow over the side of the bed. He sat up in bed and looked over at Kibum with a glare, annoyed that his brother had woke him up before it was even nine.

“Hyung says get up, it’s time to eat. Stupid head,” Kibum said, sticking his tongue out and stalking out of the bedroom. He went back to the kitchen and sat down at the table next to Heechul, serving himself a bowl of oatmeal.

“You got another letter,” Heechul commented, sipping his coffee.

“From Tiffany?” Kibum asked curiously, his eyes sparking with hope. It had been about two weeks since he’d written to his friend so he was expecting a letter any day now. Of course, they both now had each other’s phone numbers and could text or call whenever, courteousy of Heechul, but they both thought it was much cooler and classier to write letters. That way when they got married in five years they could keep the letters as memories to show their future children. Yeah, they had it all planned out.

“I’m not sure, didn’t look. You know, Kibum, it would be okay if you invited her to stay for a week or two. I know you miss her a lot,” Heechul told him. He thought their relationship was absolutely sweet, love in the making. One day they were going to finally realize that they had feelings for each other and then fireworks would go off. Heechul was patiently waiting for that day.

“Hyung, it’s not like that. Besides, if Tiffany ever came back to Korea I know she’d have better things to do that hang out with me,” Kibum said with a grimace. The conversation ended there as Mir walked into the kitchen. He headed over to the two and sat next to his mother, leaning his head on Heechul’s shoulder tiredly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter