Chapter 49

On the Brink of Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Spending the week alone with your best friends is probably the most fun you could ever have. Endless nights of staying up late watching movies, gossiping like old ladies, and just having a general good time. Donghae wished that it could last forever, but like all good things, it was coming to an end. Tomorrow morning the trio would have to head back to Heechul’s, since Kibum was well enough to complain that he was bored and wanted his brothers back to entertain him.

It was around seven-thirty in the evening and since Sungmin had mysteriously disappeared, Eunhyuk and Donghae were cuddling together on the couch in the living room. They sat at the end of the couch, Donghae leaning contently against Eunhyuk’s chest. He felt very relaxed and happy with his boyfriend’s arms wrapped around him, as if they were formed to fit together this perfect. Neither of them said a word, both happy to sit in silence and just enjoy each other’s presence.

Eunhyuk rested his chin on top of Donghae’s head, softly tracing his fingers across Donghae’s hand. He wished that they could just stay like this forever and never part, but he knew that was a foolish thought. They had one last weekend together, then he and Leeteuk would come back home for good. Although it wasn’t goodbye, it never would be, Eunhyuk knew how hard it was going to be to leave Donghae. So for now he was just going to enjoy his boyfriend’s presence.

Donghae tilted his head up slightly and looked into Eunhyuk’s eyes, losing himself deep within the dark abyss of beauty.

“What are you thinking about?” He asked his monkey in a soft voice. Eunhyuk was so captured by Donghae’s tenderly voice that he blurted out the truth.

“Kissing you,” He said, instantly turning red when he realized what he’d just said. Donghae sat up quickly and grinned shyly, unable to look his boyfriend in the eyes any longer. He chuckled softly and clasped his hands together childishly.

“Really?” He asked stupidly.

“Well, yeah. I haven’t been able to kiss you all week since Sungmin’s been constantly following us and you’re too embarrassed about last time to let me do it again,” Eunhyuk said accusingly, although there was amusement clear in his tone.

“I’m not embarrassed! You’re the one who hasn’t tried to make a move since Henry walked in on us…again,” Donghae replied with wide eyes. It wasn’t like he was going to stop Eunhyuk from kissing him and other stuff…

“Can I kiss you then?” Eunhyuk asked him hopefully, peering into Donghae’s eyes. The younger boy sighed softly and gently smacked his boyfriend’s leg.

“Yah, who asks if they can kiss someone?” He said lightly. But Eunhyuk didn’t answer that, instead he leaned forward and pressed his lips against Donghae’s.

It was much needed and felt incredible. Donghae placed his hands on Eunhyuk’s chest as his boyfriend wrapped his arm around his neck to pull him in closer. It was only a few chaste kisses, nothing more, but it still felt like kissing for the first time. The tingly, warm feeling on the lips, fireworks exploding in the background, and all the fancy stuff.

“If you ever kiss anyone else, I’ll hate you forever,” Eunhyuk said playfully as they pulled away from each other. Donghae rolled his eyes, blushing lightly at the cute possessiveness of his boyfriend.

“As if I’d ever want to kiss anyone but you. You’re the only one for me, Eunhyuk,” Donghae told him sincerely. Eunhyuk smiled at Donghae and pulled him in for a hug, breathing in his sweet scent.

“Does that mean we’ll get married and have beautiful babies like Henry predicted,” He said quietly. Donghae squeaked in embarrassment and hid his face in Eunhyuk’s neck, causing his boyfriend to laugh at his cute behavior.

“You’re too embarrassing, Eunhyuk,” Donghae said with a mock glare a few minutes later.

“And you didn’t answer my question,” Eunhyuk said with a grin. Donghae bit the inside of his lip and smile shyly, picturing a happy future married to Eunhyuk with a cute baby in their arms.

“Only if we name our baby ‘Bada’.”

Heechul woke up early the next morning feeling rather refreshed, as if today was the start of a new beginning. He glanced next to him on the bed and saw that Leeteuk was still sleeping peacefully and leaned over to kiss him softly on the lips before carefully getting out of bed. He walked across the hall to Kibum’s room and peeked his head through the door, and Kibum was also sleeping soundly. They’d moved him back up to his room two days ago when he was feeling up to it.

Since it was still pretty early, Heechul didn’t want to wake either of them up yet and so he headed downstairs to check on Henry. He carefully avoided stepping on the last stair that always creaked and then turned around the corner to the end of the hall where his first born son’s room was. Standing outside the door, Heechul could hear movement on the other side and gingerly knocked; a few seconds later the door pulled open.

“Umma! Zǎoshàng hǎo!” Henry said with a grin, making his cheeks puff out cutely. Heechul smiled warmly at him and pulled him in for a hug.

“Good morning my little Chinese baby,” He said softly, giving Henry a soft peck on the cheek.

“Is umma awake yet?” Henry asked as he followed Heechul down the hall and into the kitchen. He sat on one of the chairs at the table and leaned against his elbow.

“Not yet, him and Kibum are still sleeping so let’s let them be for a little while,” Heechul said, pulling out a carton of orange juice and pouring Henry a cup. Henry took it gratefully and took a sip.

“When are Hyukkie, Sungmin, and Donghae coming back? And when’s Mir gonna be here?” Henry asked him. Although he greatly enjoyed the week alone with his two umma’s, since Kibum spent pretty much the entire week knocked out on sleeping pills, Henry missed his brothers and couldn’t wait to see them again.

“I don’t know when Hyuk and the rest are coming, whenever they decide to most likely. Mir will be here before lunch time, though. But I need you to help keep him calm and quiet this week. Kibum may be feeling better, but he can’t be moving around too much because he’s still hurting a lot,” Heechul informed him. While Leeteuk and Eunhyuk were leaving on Sunday, Henry was going to stay for another week for Mir.

“Okay, umma! I’ll do my best as his older brother and if he steps out of line I’ll be sure to punish him severely! You can count on me!” Henry said confidently, squinting up his eyes. Heechul laughed at his cute behavior and leaned over to ruffle his hair. While he never once regretted giving up his son, Heechul would never deny how much he loved Henry. No matter what they’d always be umma and son.

The spent the next hour or so sitting there at the table talking to each other happily. But eventually the morning grew late and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter